Level increase...?

Can we get an answer if there any plans for a cap increase?
First: odd numbers are annoying.
Second: it's about time, after 2years or so...
Level 90 might be good, or just go to 100.

Replies

• And the purpose of that wouldbe..?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Just a level increase won't do much unless accompanied with new gear, which would in turn need a new and sufficiently exclusive way to earn it, such as a whole new raid. And our most recent steps in power, G12.5 and 6* mods, happened not long ago, so I would say that we still have some time before a level increase and G13.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    If (and I'm hoping it's not in the plans) they increased the level cap it would be for some other reason, i.e. - to lock closing the g12 set and/or limit g12. Or something to that affect.

Levels mean very little as far as game play in most areas, but raids would have to have changes made, if we out level a raid boss, the calculations swing to our favor for many things, damage, crit chance, crit damage, and maybe others.
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Kyno wrote: »
    Levels mean very little as far as game play in most areas, but raids would have to have changes made, if we out level a raid boss, the calculations swing to our favor for many things, damage, crit chance, crit damage, and maybe others.

I cant for the life of me figure out why this is an issue for players or developers. Firstly I want to out level raids. Its not like Rancor and Tank haven't been out leveled with gear and mods, not to say the content is boring or trivial but the main reward I end up getting from them is shard shop trade ins. Sure you can tell me I get gear I need, but usually its another peice going to a stack of 500+. So going to level 90 and critting for an absurd feeling number sounds pretty fun to me. Go play World of Warcraft and hit a raid boss you've out leveled for 1mil+ damage, its kinda fun. Secondly it seems easier, and all i have to go from is designing table top encounters for steadily leveling parties, to adjust difficulty or tiers with new numbers instead of trying to work off of the bleeding edge of progression (especially if your designing oh i dont know seven levels of difficulty) and over burdening the encounter with mechanics or adds. People would still have to progress through Rancor and Tank at say 80 and 85, its not like they are gonna hit 90 and steam roll them with solo CUP teams. The investment will still need to be made in characters and teams for the encounter, and if they are taking those teams to 90 so what?

So bring on 90 and a raid or two so Sith Triumvirate becomes less of a chore. Follow it up with 95 and a raid teir. Progress to 100 so CLS can do 10% damage to 15% damage in HRancor in one turn. What does that hurt?
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Eutus wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

I cant for the life of me figure out why this is an issue for players or developers. Firstly I want to out level raids. Its not like Rancor and Tank haven't been out leveled with gear and mods, not to say the content is boring or trivial but the main reward I end up getting from them is shard shop trade ins. Sure you can tell me I get gear I need, but usually its another peice going to a stack of 500+. So going to level 90 and critting for an absurd feeling number sounds pretty fun to me. Go play World of Warcraft and hit a raid boss you've out leveled for 1mil+ damage, its kinda fun. Secondly it seems easier, and all i have to go from is designing table top encounters for steadily leveling parties, to adjust difficulty or tiers with new numbers instead of trying to work off of the bleeding edge of progression (especially if your designing oh i dont know seven levels of difficulty) and over burdening the encounter with mechanics or adds. People would still have to progress through Rancor and Tank at say 80 and 85, its not like they are gonna hit 90 and steam roll them with solo CUP teams. The investment will still need to be made in characters and teams for the encounter, and if they are taking those teams to 90 so what?

So bring on 90 and a raid or two so Sith Triumvirate becomes less of a chore. Follow it up with 95 and a raid teir. Progress to 100 so CLS can do 10% damage to 15% damage in HRancor in one turn. What does that hurt?

Well it hurts the rancor.... i mean 10% health in one shot has got to hurt right... lol
  • I dread this day.... I really hope that they keep it at lvl 85 for another 3 years hahahaha
  • Odd numbers are awesome! But just the prime odd ones.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • Yeah....it would be a disaster if they did anything that resulted in the Sith Raid being less frustrating....