Problem with Fleet Arena??

Prev13
I’m getting really sick of the fleet arena lately. No matter who I play I get owned. Today I played a team with an overall of 228,000. My overall is 320,000 and I got my butt handed to me. This is an every day thing too, no matter who I play and what their power is, I get my butt handed to me. I have been stuck at rank 334 forever now and have talked to others about this problem and it seems it’s not just me. Anyone know what’s going on with this??

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    What ships are you using and what opponents are you facing?
  • I fought four opponents today that I usually always beat, and couldn’t beat a single one of them. I’ve been having some really bad luck in fleet lately and assumed it was just me. Guess not.
  • AKilleZ wrote: »
    I’m getting really sick of the fleet arena lately. No matter who I play I get owned. Today I played a team with an overall of 228,000. My overall is 320,000 and I got my butt handed to me. This is an every day thing too, no matter who I play and what their power is, I get my butt handed to me. I have been stuck at rank 334 forever now and have talked to others about this problem and it seems it’s not just me. Anyone know what’s going on with this??

Without details of what you are running and what teams you are facing, we can't help you. Gp of your ships isn't the most important factor. Synergy between the ships you run is far more important.

Also certain ships counter other ones. For example, ht counters geos pretty well so running geos against ht teams is difficult even if the team is weaker. But tf and vader can dispel and handle ht much easier.

So my guess is you need a better team.
  • If you are using mace as a capital ship and your pilots are all G8 and you just have a pile of ships that don't work well together then 100k of fleet power is nothing.

You need to tell us what ships you use... Capital ship, starting 3,reinforcements.
    Gear level of pilots
  • Intrapidoo wrote: »
    The only issue with fleet arena is the ht. It need to be nerfed hard. Or we should get new ships that counter the ht.

Not true at all. Ht already has ships that counter it. If you incorporate them into your fleet, you can do fine.

To name a few. Vader, tf, fives, asoka. They can all dispel the protection up ht gets and then the next attack does damage. Tf even puts buff immunity on it to stop the protection gain for awhile.

So just because you haven't figured out how to beat it doesn't mean it can't be done. I beat ht teams in my shard all the time to take first. It can be done without ht, though I use ht because it does hold a little better on defense than biggs. And I'm not a whale. 100% ftp.
  • 4lvoc3yiwqqu.png

This is my normal fleet
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    AKilleZ wrote: »
    4lvoc3yiwqqu.png

This is my normal fleet

You should upgrade your pilots. Mace is only gr 8. I'm using Mace with first line up Fives, Vader, Biggs and re-inforcements Ahsoka, Sarge, Plo Koon and JC's starfighter. I don't fight for top 20 but can place easily top 50-100. But Mace' capital ship is fully upgraded and almost all my ships/pilots too. Just missing some gr 12 and 6* mods.
    4lvoc3yiwqqu.png

This is my normal fleet
    I'd atrack that fleet in a heartbeat. Endurance as capital ship and a 2 tank lineup with no taunt.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    The only issue with fleet arena is the ht. It need to be nerfed hard. Or we should get new ships that counter the ht.

Not true at all. Ht already has ships that counter it. If you incorporate them into your fleet, you can do fine.

To name a few. Vader, tf, fives, asoka. They can all dispel the protection up ht gets and then the next attack does damage. Tf even puts buff immunity on it to stop the protection gain for awhile.

So just because you haven't figured out how to beat it doesn't mean it can't be done. I beat ht teams in my shard all the time to take first. It can be done without ht, though I use ht because it does hold a little better on defense than biggs. And I'm not a whale. 100% ftp.

Reaper is another counter (as a reinforcement). Defense down plus buff wipe does wonders.

Oh, also Geos, especially under Ackbar. Assists wreck HT.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    ...Oh, also Geos, especially under Ackbar. Assists wreck HT.

That sounds like exactly what you DON'T want.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Um, why not?

Assists don't trigger protection. Read his kit.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Lol I just read his kit and it says attacks that deal damage multiple times, not assists. I can't remember if an assist is considered multiple damage or not.
    Lol I just read his kit and it says attacks that deal damage multiple times, not assists. I can't remember if an assist is considered multiple damage or not.

No - see it's like this:

Each time an enemy hits him, he gains protection. If an enemy hits him multiple times, it doesn't trigger multiple gains. But each attack (assists included) will trigger protection gain. The more hits he takes before someone wipes buffs, the more protection he has. Assists are horrible against him, as you're JUST MAKING HIM STRONGER lol

No - see it's like this:

Each time an enemy hits him, he gains protection. If an enemy hits him multiple times, it doesn't trigger multiple gains. But each attack (assists included) will trigger protection gain. The more hits he takes before someone wipes buffs, the more protection he has. Assists are horrible against him, as you're JUST MAKING HIM STRONGER lol

My goto for ht is actually to give geos offense up, then geo spy attacks all. Geo soldier calls assist. Ht dead.
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    Yep that's why I'm not convinced on how it works.
    4lvoc3yiwqqu.png

This is my normal fleet

With the best will in the world that's a terrible line up. Confident I'd take it down in less than 1 minute with ackbar + geos & no re-enforcements, which would be approx 200k power.

Mace is completely redundant and everyone will target you. Start with vader, fives & biggs with any of the other capitals.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

No - see it's like this:

My goto for ht is actually to give geos offense up, then geo spy attacks all. Geo soldier calls assist. Ht dead.
    Try using Home One and assisting fighters other than the Geos. You'll see it.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »

Are these 3* HT? 7* HT? What gear level is Bossk? Most HT out there are 3-4*, which are definitely vulnerable to quick burst damage.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »

No - see it's like this:

Try using Home One and assisting fighters other than the Geos. You'll see it.

I specifically said offense up first. Geos without offense up definitely cannot break through a decent ht.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »

Are these 3* HT? 7* HT? What gear level is Bossk? Most HT out there are 3-4*, which are definitely vulnerable to quick burst damage.

7* G12+5 bossk, both zetas. It is 5 star HT so it has room to be beefier. I expect my strat to still work on 6 star. Because after geo soldier i would be calling in phantom 2 who could probably finish it off. Not sure how well it will work when his ht hits 7star
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

I never understood what all the fuss was about. Hard hits, hard hitting assist attacks or buff immunity easily kills HT. But yes, a lot of soft hitting attacks only feed protection—up to the HT.

Reaper is another counter (as a reinforcement). Defense down plus buff wipe does wonders.

Oh, also Geos, especially under Ackbar. Assists wreck HT.

Ht seems to soak up assists pretty well from geos so I tgink that only works if the ht is weak.
  • CHFC22 wrote: »
    AKilleZ wrote: »
    4lvoc3yiwqqu.png

This is my normal fleet

With the best will in the world that's a terrible line up. Confident I'd take it down in less than 1 minute with ackbar + geos & no re-enforcements, which would be approx 200k power.

Mace is completely redundant and everyone will target you. Start with vader, fives & biggs with any of the other capitals.

or if you have a decent tf, start with vader, tf, biggs/ht (whichever is stronger) preferably under a tarkin or thrawn. I prefer tarkin and he's easier to get. Then put fives in reinforcements. Spread target lock and call fives in for an aoe. I use that strategy and take first nearly every day and only drop to the teens against geos and ht geo hybrid teams.
  • @AntiFunn you should have ditched Mace Windu's ship months ago. Develop either Thrawn/Chimaera or Tarkin/Executrix, and you'll have a much easier time in your Fleet Arena.
  • I love when a slower Chimera consistently goes before mine that is faster. No other mechanics at play, just a 155 speed ship going before a 157 speed ship. Speed is meaningless.
  • AntiFunn wrote: »
    The problem with it is that it seems the enemy has at least double the TENACITY AND POTENCY against my team in Fleet Arena fights. I am getting a few ship kill leads and am trying to reapply Target Lock for the Umbaran Starfighter AOE attack + Mace Windu's Ultimate and Fortune Favors the Bold.

However, they always resist the target locks inflict Target Lock on my ships all the time. Then, the bloody Biggs' X Wings recovers 100% Protection, calls assists and kills my tank ships in less than a full turn.

Funny really. BTW I run an Endurance with GR + TIE Fighters + TIE Advanced for Target Locks.

The Ships 2.0 update really nerfed the GR power badly since we only have 3 ships to start with whereas 5 ships were much more strategical back in the day where the game could be turned with those sudden comeback casts.

Tarkin is a better lead if you use tf than mace. There are a lot of passive bonuses. But you can also put ghost in your reinforcements. If you max out tge reinforcement ability, it putts tl on all enemies when entering.

No - see it's like this:

Only if your attacks are weak enough to not get through his protection.

I do end up using a buff wipe on him, but I usually get him pretty low before that focusing fire on him.