AA Squad in HAAT

Replies

• I've noticed JTR's speed down from mind trick is helpful when the tank is down, seems to stay down longer?
  • I've noticed JTR's speed down from mind trick is helpful when the tank is down, seems to stay down longer?

Yes, but she isn't used in the ABC squad. Everybody else in that squad is vitally important. In my opinion, a JTR lead Resistance squad is best used at the beginning of P2.

Yes, but she isn't used in the ABC squad. Everybody else in that squad is vitally important. In my opinion, a JTR lead Resistance squad is best used at the beginning of P2.

Very true. A Bastila squad is workable in HAAT but as you said, AA is the stronger squad there.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I've noticed JTR's speed down from mind trick is helpful when the tank is down, seems to stay down longer?

I was always under the impression you couldn't speed down the tank....
  • You can. Just can't remove TM.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Okay color me excited, just got zVentress to g12 :)

r1ncfb66bb94.png

Suggestion on build for AA, since Han is gone, only CLS and AA will be called to assist?
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member

r1ncfb66bb94.png

Suggestion on build for AA, since Han is gone, only CLS and AA will be called to assist?

Yes. I actually use a g8 akbar in the hopes he dies sooner than later to ensure CLS is called every time.

And congrats on ventress :)
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

r1ncfb66bb94.png

Yes. I actually use a g8 akbar in the hopes he dies sooner than later to ensure CLS is called every time.

And congrats on ventress :)

TY! Well, mine is set for speed and crit chance. But yeah your logic tracks. Still, when clearing multiple phases, especially one where a positive buff can keep your team from wiping, best to keep him in? Tough call.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Yeah, I mean as long you're getting enough TMR I'm sure you're better off with him in. My squad works better without him because if he's called too often I end up giving enemy a turn.
  • I got my first haat solo in last night. Used aa, ezra, hyoda, cls, bb8. Hit enrage at 3% of p2, but only ackbar died so i was able to easily finish off the rest of the raid.

njwrids5f514.jpg
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    DuneFlint wrote: »
    I got my first haat solo in last night. Used aa, ezra, hyoda, cls, bb8. Hit enrage at 3% of p2, but only ackbar died so i was able to easily finish off the rest of the raid.

njwrids5f514.jpg

Very nice! I need to get HYoda at some point. I couldn't solo the raid even if I could. We each step back when we 7* GK and let the rest step up. I'm about 8 shards from 7* so...
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    I got my first haat solo in last night. Used aa, ezra, hyoda, cls, bb8. Hit enrage at 3% of p2, but only ackbar died so i was able to easily finish off the rest of the raid.

njwrids5f514.jpg

Very nice! I need to get HYoda at some point. I couldn't solo the raid even if I could. We each step back when we 7* GK and let the rest step up. I'm about 8 shards from 7* so...

Yup, makes sense. We stepped back out of top 3 after we got him 7* too. At least until we saw the mass 7*'s two weeks in a row. Now it's just newcomers who arent maxed and they can't break top 3 with us still completing it. So we're on the try to solo it stage now. I won the race, but not gonna keep doing it now. Not worth an hour of manual gameplay and 100k in mod switching to make the team work.
  • DuneFlint wrote: »
    DuneFlint wrote: »

njwrids5f514.jpg

Yup, makes sense. We stepped back out of top 3 after we got him 7* too. At least until we saw the mass 7*'s two weeks in a row. Now it's just newcomers who arent maxed and they can't break top 3 with us still completing it. So we're on the try to solo it stage now. I won the race, but not gonna keep doing it now. Not worth an hour of manual gameplay and 100k in mod switching to make the team work.

I hear ya. But still, bragging rights.. priceless :)
  • CCyrilS wrote: »

Same here; it's better for AA to get killed, or Escape, so that it is always CLS that is called for special assists.
  • imagine of we could call a replacement like in Space Battles

• Same here; it's better for AA to get killed, or Escape, so that it is always CLS that is called for special assists.

It works both ways. CLS will always be called for special assists, but Secret Intel will only reduce by 5 instead of 6 if Ackbar is missing, and you miss out on all the Specials that Ackbar can do to fire off ID more frequently.
  • jkray622 wrote: »

Same here; it's better for AA to get killed, or Escape, so that it is always CLS that is called for special assists.

It works both ways. CLS will always be called for special assists, but Secret Intel will only reduce by 5 instead of 6 if Ackbar is missing, and you miss out on all the Specials that Ackbar can do to fire off ID more frequently.

It's a TRAP! lol Had to be said..lol
  • Not an AA squad but I thought it was pretty cool to solo P2 NAAT entirely with FO.

And yes it's only NAAT but it was fun nonetheless.

Executioner was the only one alive from 10% to the end, tank hit enrage at about 15%. He toppled the tank twice, was hitting 250k on his Special when it was toppled.

63la9hrgfdvb.png
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Not an AA squad but I thought it was pretty cool to solo P2 NAAT entirely with FO.

And yes it's only NAAT but it was fun nonetheless.

Executioner was the only one alive from 10% to the end, tank hit enrage at about 15%. He toppled the tank twice, was hitting 250k on his Special when it was toppled.

63la9hrgfdvb.png

Fun is what it's all about. Grats!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Started HAAT with 10% left in Phase2, completed Phase3, and Phase4. Watching zVentress take down the Tank with one attack...PRICELESS!

5002otkz2bbh.png
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Congrats!!
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Congrats!!

Thanks! I kept AA going until Phase4 at 60% he wasn't buffed.. I was getting a bit tired and didn't notice lol Got GK to 7* and G12 tonight too! Zzzz
  • I'm thinking my gear is a little low. Managed to get close but Ackbar was dead by about 50% of P3. Tank chose him 3 shots in a row and couldn't regenerate his health. This is on HAAT too, so pretty pumped.

In P4 I wasn't seeing the massive damage numbers from Asajj. Only got her up to about 125-150k. I run her with CD instead of offense. Worth it to switch?

Ackbar 175 speed
    Thrawn 225 speed
    BB8 250 speed
    CLS 250 speed
    Ventress 165 speed (CD/health mods)

yt8vh93lqpdw.png
  • Ok, obviously you are working to get them each to g12. That said, very nice being g11 etc, well done.

Here is my ventress

ifwjr61po7bk.png

msrqmgexacwg.png

• So just more gear to increase survivability and increase physical damage basically? I figure speeds are ok. Asajj's mods are all blue so I can hopefully slice more speed on her. Also lacking a crit damage/crit damage triangle with speed secondary on her. Those things are the most rare, even in the mod store.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    You only can use 4 crit dam mods for the set so you can get by with any other set for the crit dam primary triangle, as with health one shown above. My best is a 19 speed, which happens to be a potency set.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/mods/?slot_4=1&stat1_16=1&stat2_5=1
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Oh I'm well aware but her two non-CD mods are both at least (2) on speed. I'll find something eventually. No rush. I'll focus on gear and slicing. See how it goes.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Oh I'm well aware but her two non-CD mods are both at least (2) on speed. I'll find something eventually. No rush. I'll focus on gear and slicing. See how it goes.

You did really well as is, you'll get there :)
  • Yeah, I wouldn't worry about AA dying during the run. You'll find people argue it both ways, but I've seen little difference in runs where my Ackbar survives vs those where he dies right away. I personally like it better when he dies because I like knowing that CLS is going to be the one called to assist, especially in P3.

Thrawn at G9 is a problem though. You should do fine with the team as you have it once you get Thrawn up to 11. And the higher the better on BB8 too, but he works at G10. At least mine always has.

With Asajj's unique giving stacking crit chance, I find it far more useful to run a CD set over Offence as most places will suggest. I run a potency set on the other, but that had more to do with the stats on those mods than any set bonus. I suspect you're probably right to run a health set on her instead.

The important one to prioritise speed for is BB8. Get him as fast as humanly possible and it'll only make the run easier.
  • YKMisfit wrote: »
    The important one to prioritise speed for is BB8. Get him as fast as humanly possible and it'll only make the run easier.

And both zetas if you are working on, or will work on a Resist/JTR squad. Calling Bb8 for assist and him calling another or giving JTR a second attack is really great!