Road ahead ?

Replies

• Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    And 900th comment.

@CG_Carrie should I expect any other info related to why the road ahead is being delayed. Or just the road ahead?

If they give any extra info, I’ll be shocked. Good communication is not welcome round these parts pilgrim.

Was worth a shot. As my nan always says - squeaky wheel gets the oil.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    And 900th comment.

CG_Carrie should I expect any other info related to why the road ahead is being delayed. Or just the road ahead?

Not likely. We got all the info we are going to get in why it was delayed already. If there is any connection (which we dont know if there is) to any leaks or information getting out, then it is what it is.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    And 900th comment.

CG_Carrie should I expect any other info related to why the road ahead is being delayed. Or just the road ahead?

Not likely. We got all the info we are going to get in why it was delayed already. If there is any connection (which we dont know if there is) to any leaks or information getting out, then it is what it is.

Ty kyno. I wish we could make this place better. I know there’s more devs can’t say or aren’t allowed to say and it limits them. But ty for always being up to date and responsive.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Wouldn't it have been super easy for Carrie to stop in and just say hey, RA is delayed, we can't tell you why and we can't give you an ETA, but thanks for your patience?

People would still complain because that's what people do, but at least it would have been something.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno wrote: »
    dabro129 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Can we expect it today do you think? My money is on Thursday or Friday if ever

Prob fri long weekend.

Leaks always happen. And probably always will. This is a freemium game this is the environment that is created. The more info and more time to prepare is worth a lot.

Cg also gives hints and follows patterns to help players guess. This has changed quite a bit. Especially with Revan.

I believe this is also not only a GC thing but probably a cg/ea thing. No matter what this is terrible and detrimental to a community they barely even consider.

Side note - mods can’t delete your account on here. So I’m stuck in a pd and got back here.
    Going back to this, the leaks were bigger than the Gamechangers... The calendar leak was on August that talked about stuff coming in September, October ,November and December. It was someone internal that leaked it all out. Honestly, don't understand delaying the road ahead if people know whats coming. The very medium the games are based on, smartphones get leaked all the time before the announcement and the companies just don't go "lets not release the next iPhone, people know what its going to include"

Even if we know what's coming (via leaks) we can't do anything about it

The leaks they feel hurt revenue. If you can adequately farm stuff prior to this crazed wave of GC announcements then they lose revenue. The model they have requires a bit of secrecy.

From the community side, I guess you could see it this way, but the real issue with leaks is that it forces them to close off the intake of player feedback during development. This is what can actually kill a game faster than a bad quarterly report. There are many open avenues of player feedback for things that exist and they can take those in all the time, but the small group of testers who are just players are where development happens and can help shape the player experience better. Without that everything becomes reactionary like tournaments, active introduced elements of the game being pulled can really throw a wrench in the future plans and development.

While i agree that all of that is true... i would say its worse to make promises, especially ones of communication and deliverables, and not keep them.

In this case we were promised regular communication and a road ahead quarterly. What we have is a lack of communication and an extremely late deliverable with a lack of reasoning behind the lateness.

That does more to damage the credibility and relationship between consumers and producers than anything you mentioned does.

Again, at this point its going to be hard for any announcement to make up for it (i hope they take that as challenge and prove me wrong)
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Prob fri long weekend.

Leaks always happen. And probably always will. This is a freemium game this is the environment that is created. The more info and more time to prepare is worth a lot.

Cg also gives hints and follows patterns to help players guess. This has changed quite a bit. Especially with Revan.

I believe this is also not only a GC thing but probably a cg/ea thing. No matter what this is terrible and detrimental to a community they barely even consider.

Side note - mods can’t delete your account on here. So I’m stuck in a pd and got back here.
    Going back to this, the leaks were bigger than the Gamechangers... The calendar leak was on August that talked about stuff coming in September, October ,November and December. It was someone internal that leaked it all out. Honestly, don't understand delaying the road ahead if people know whats coming. The very medium the games are based on, smartphones get leaked all the time before the announcement and the companies just don't go "lets not release the next iPhone, people know what its going to include"

The leaks they feel hurt revenue. If you can adequately farm stuff prior to this crazed wave of GC announcements then they lose revenue. The model they have requires a bit of secrecy.

From the community side, I guess you could see it this way, but the real issue with leaks is that it forces them to close off the intake of player feedback during development. This is what can actually kill a game faster than a bad quarterly report. There are many open avenues of player feedback for things that exist and they can take those in all the time, but the small group of testers who are just players are where development happens and can help shape the player experience better. Without that everything becomes reactionary like tournaments, active introduced elements of the game being pulled can really throw a wrench in the future plans and development.

While i agree that all of that is true... i would say its worse to make promises, especially ones of communication and deliverables, and not keep them.

In this case we were promised regular communication and a road ahead quarterly. What we have is a lack of communication and an extremely late deliverable with a lack of reasoning behind the lateness.

That does more to damage the credibility and relationship between consumers and producers than anything you mentioned does.

Again, at this point its going to be hard for any announcement to make up for it (i hope they take that as challenge and prove me wrong)

It’s amazing. Every word you just said is....right.

They need to so some serious damage control and quickly, but will they? No, because we all
    have Stockholm syndrome.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Wouldn't it have been super easy for Carrie to stop in and just say hey, RA is delayed, we can't tell you why and we can't give you an ETA, but thanks for your patience?

People would still complain because that's what people do, but at least it would have been something.

^^
    ^^

Yes! Yea! Yesh! Yeppers!
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Prob fri long weekend.

It’s amazing. Every word you just said is....right.

They need to so some serious damage control and quickly, but will they? No, because we all
    have Stockholm syndrome.

Word.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Kinda gave up on whole thing... customer service be dead..... the only way i would get mad now is if the big secret delay is just to hold off a panic farm as long as possible which would be pretty scummy being this late.....

The way Kyno been talking i dont believe this is the case tho.... and with the new cartoon being released and chewy/revanue.... i just think their schedule got jacked by corporate ninnys.

Do hope carrie feeling better... flu season sucks
  • To be fair there is no promise the road ahead will come the first weeks in October... they said they’d try to release it then... more of as a target... not something set in stone. So there’s no promise it’s the first half of October.
  • TVF wrote: »

Yes but that would imply professionalism.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    To be fair there is no promise the road ahead will come the first weeks in October... they said they’d try to release it then... more of as a target... not something set in stone. So there’s no promise it’s the first half of October.

That’s were you are wrong, she said it would be in oct, first week(ish) of October to be exact. Just another broken promise, dead, like improved comms and dev q & a’s. Dead I tells ya
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The road ahead remainder Q4 2018:
    There will be new stuff
    There will be a marquee
    We will celebrate the Game’s Annvy - gifts
    We will celebrate Christmas Day - gifts
    We may add double drops for a few holiday days

Q1 2019:
    Return of Rey and CLS
    Return of Revan
    Return of Chewie.
    More Marquees
    Sith stuff
    OT Falcon
    Hint at Darth Revan and Ebon Hawk
    More Old Republic joins game
    Prep excitement for Episode 9
    Introducing JarJar in the unused Box
  • They said something would happen this weekend, didn’t they? Probably will end up being next month's weekend, but at least they kept us posted slightly.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
    To be fair there is no promise the road ahead will come the first weeks in October... they said they’d try to release it then... more of as a target... not something set in stone. So there’s no promise it’s the first half of October.

That’s were you are wrong, she said it would be in oct, first week(ish) of October to be exact. Just another broken promise, dead, like improved comms and dev q & a’s. Dead I tells ya

Well at least quote your source. Quote the promise that was broken. CG has never said “the road ahead will always be the first 2 weeks of each quarter”. They’ve said they’ll try to make it in that time frame. There’s a big difference. Let’s not put words in their mouth they haven’t said.
  • Mark, you’re woefully ill-informed. Feel free to research the topic before getting snippy, Jedi Knight. They’ve said it and, until now, done it. That’s why people are upset. It’s precedence. Carry on.
    Ooba hutar.

Well at least quote your source. Quote the promise that was broken. CG has never said “the road ahead will always be the first 2 weeks of each quarter”. They’ve said they’ll try to make it in that time frame. There’s a big difference. Let’s not put words in their mouth they haven’t said.

Its quoted 2 pages back if you had even been paying attention to this thread. But thats only one lie they have told in this whole debacle.
    Don't be an apologist when you have no idea what you are talking about.
  • Mark, you’re woefully ill-informed. Feel free to research the topic before getting snippy, Jedi Knight. They’ve said it and, until now, done it. That’s why people are upset. It’s precedence. Carry on.

2czxctcjj27g.png

Scotty! I love how almost always... actually means always always... I have done my research. Go find where they say the Road ahead will always be the first two weeks of a quarter. I’ll wait... it’s a goal... 2 of the last 3 have been. People are upset because they hate to wait...
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

duc1087jqx7s.png

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited November 2018

duc1087jqx7s.png

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!

Lol. As said above... this was posted a few pages back. Also the post jedi quoted says first 3 weeks. Im just saying... that was 2 weeks ago. Clearly they failed at both quotes and by failed i mean missed by a lot.

/checks calendar and confirms november is the date.

That said an explanation would do wonders to win and influence customers. Radio silence is death in the terms of consumer confidence and communication
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It was already quoted 2 pages back...and again in response to his post on this very page before the picture was posted...again.
    At this point this thread is so long that new people come in and have no idea what it's about.

We can't expect them to read it all at this point. Hopefully most people don't pretend to be up to date on the info if they arent like that Jedi knight guy.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    jc35yq9ln6kf.jpg
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

duc1087jqx7s.png

BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE!
    Protip: Never make promises in August....

• Oh stop it. Sure CG Carrie said it would be a month ago. Whenever people ask for a Grievous rework, road ahead, quality of life update, etc. they tend to be very vague about it and always say things are subject to change. Folks don’t point that stuff out because they’d much rather just call the devs cheats and liars. Go listen to their Q&A’s, past road ahead etc. it’s worded as a goal/target.

Furthermore CG carries post probably confirms they planned to release the road ahead earlier. The Oct-Dec leak of Sith Bomber, Revan, Mythic Raids, OT Falcon, C3PO, etc.. pushed it back. Probably was a legitimate leak.
  • Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Its like you don't get that it is about so much more than the road ahead at this point. It's about the communication we were told would improve. It's about the road ahead updates we were told we were going to get. Its about them giving us a window when we were supposed to get info multiple times and then nothing. Silence. No simple apology or justification. Its about a lack of professionalism in how they have been dealing with the community.
    But welcome to the thread and the forums. You obviously arent up to date on what has been going on.
  • Oh stop it. Sure CG Carrie said it would be a month ago. Whenever people ask for a Grievous rework, road ahead, quality of life update, etc. they tend to be very vague about it and always say things are subject to change. Folks don’t point that stuff out because they’d much rather just call the devs cheats and liars. Go listen to their Q&A’s, past road ahead etc. it’s worded as a goal/target.

Furthermore CG carries post probably confirms they planned to release the road ahead earlier. The Oct-Dec leak of Sith Bomber, Revan, Mythic Raids, OT Falcon, C3PO, etc.. pushed it back. Probably was a legitimate leak.

Still, excuses. When I was still at uni we had deadlines for termpapers (which weren‘t even of real interest for the lecturers or profs, as they usually did not provide any new info). So, if was - in relation - 2 weeks before the deadline it would‘ve been hard to near impossible to move said deadline without a death in the family or similar tragic circumstances... what happened if you went past the deadline even by an hour? Exactly, you failed that course.
    What happens if you are employed in some company and you don‘t meet the deadline? The boss would check in, get a team cracking overhours until finished BEFORE the deadline. If it was particularly your part to get this finished you might even get fired...

Business 101:
    Never make promises unless you can make it happen 100%.

You can argue as much as you want and defend anything they have done. It is 100% fact that - leak or no leak - promises haven‘t been fulfilled and that‘s bad business. Once, especially if Carrie, someone officially states when something’s happens in October, it must happen in October. She wasn‘t vague, she didn‘t say it is a goal, but she did say a specific month.
    Furthermore, customer expectancy > vagueness, meaning: it has been established that we can expect a quarterly update in a timely manner at "the first week(ish)" of the quarter. To meet the expectancies should usually be the goal for a company as well. They‘re earning multiple houndred million $ a month. If they - even if something gets in the way - cannot deliver, something is wrong at the base. most commonly not enough people hired...
    How do most other companies deal with leaks? They do not punish their entire playerbase, but they just keep going with their product and find the leak in the background. Not to mention there wouldn‘t be any second thoughts about lawsuits that could ruin the whole life of a person. Yet, we‘re expected to be treated any way they desire? (Again, when I talk about they/them I talk about the ones making actual decisions, not poor devs or pr guys who get flak, because of bad business decisions -> yes, the angrier the community, the more aggressive the responses, even towards the messenger whose fault it 100% isn‘t)
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    Its like you don't get that it is about so much more than the road ahead at this point. It's about the communication we were told would improve. It's about the road ahead updates we were told we were going to get. Its about them giving us a window when we were supposed to get info multiple times and then nothing. Silence. No simple apology or justification. Its about a lack of professionalism in how they have been dealing with the community.
    But welcome to the thread and the forums. You obviously arent up to date on what has been going on.

I just try to see both sides of an issue. Not afraid to play devil’s advocate even if it challenges others to think. Communication lately does suck. Ahnoldt offered CG to come on his channel and talk about their Revan cash grab... I mean choices... no answer. There’s been deafening silence lately. The game is at a low and the road ahead is what the community wants but keeps getting pushed back.

Still if I were a dev & 3 months of game content were leaked I’d be ****. Revan’s kit leaking early... every piece of new content leaked 2-7 days early. I’d be furious. unfortunately CG made bank off Revan this quarter so I don’t think they’re hurting much at all. Profits are up for sure. Hopefully the rest of the quarter isn’t a giant mess though.
  • Ugnaught wrote: »

I just try to see both sides of an issue. Not afraid to play devil’s advocate even if it challenges others to think. Communication lately does suck. Ahnoldt offered CG to come on his channel and talk about their Revan cash grab... I mean choices... no answer. There’s been deafening silence lately. The game is at a low and the road ahead is what the community wants but keeps getting pushed back.

Still if I were a dev & 3 months of game content were leaked I’d be ****. Revan’s kit leaking early... every piece of new content leaked 2-7 days early. I’d be furious. unfortunately CG made bank off Revan this quarter so I don’t think they’re hurting much at all. Profits are up for sure. Hopefully the rest of the quarter isn’t a giant mess though.

Exactly. I really doubt they would get more if information wasn’t leaked. No one has time to get revan without spending. No one.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »

Exactly. I really doubt they would get more if information wasn’t leaked. No one has time to get revan without spending. No one.

Factually wrong.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »

Factually wrong.

Ok, there could couple of guys who hoarded 40k+ crystals. But they wouldn’t spend money on revan anyway for the same reason: they already have resources to get him. So the the point stands...
This discussion has been closed.