Road ahead ?

Replies

  • No_Try
    2443 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Its like you don't get that it is about so much more than the road ahead at this point. It's about the communication we were told would improve. It's about the road ahead updates we were told we were going to get. Its about them giving us a window when we were supposed to get info multiple times and then nothing. Silence. No simple apology or justification. Its about a lack of professionalism in how they have been dealing with the community.
    But welcome to the thread and the forums. You obviously arent up to date on what has been going on.

    I just try to see both sides of an issue. Not afraid to play devil’s advocate even if it challenges others to think. Communication lately does suck. Ahnoldt offered CG to come on his channel and talk about their Revan cash grab... I mean choices... no answer. There’s been deafening silence lately. The game is at a low and the road ahead is what the community wants but keeps getting pushed back.

    Still if I were a dev & 3 months of game content were leaked I’d be ****. Revan’s kit leaking early... every piece of new content leaked 2-7 days early. I’d be furious. unfortunately CG made bank off Revan this quarter so I don’t think they’re hurting much at all. Profits are up for sure. Hopefully the rest of the quarter isn’t a giant mess though.

    Exactly. I really doubt they would get more if information wasn’t leaked. No one has time to get revan without spending. No one.

    Factually wrong.

    Ok, there could couple of guys who hoarded 40k+ crystals. But they wouldn’t spend money on revan anyway for the same reason: they already have resources to get him. So the the point stands...

    Yeah it was clearly intended to make you spend. The exceptions doesn't change that.
  • JerryHello
    119 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Meh they are probably too busy working on their new game to care about this game anymore. If I'm not mistaken CG us an extremely small subsidiary of EA, so they probably don't have the resources to adequately work on both games at the same time. At this point who really cares anymore? The lack of communication alone is enough to get people to stop spending and/or playing.
  • No_Try
    2443 posts Member
    JerryHello wrote: »
    Meh they are probably too busy working on their new game to care about this game anymore. If I'm not mistaken CG us an extremely small subsidiary of EA, so they probably don't have the resources to adequately work on both games at the same time. At this point who really cares anymore? The lack of communication alone is enough to get people to stop spending and/or playing.

    I wouldn't say they are undermining it.

    "EA’s Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes earned $54.8 million during the three months ending June 2018.

    Sensor Tower reports that this puts the mobile tie-in at the forefront of the publisher’s smart devices efforts, bringing in 29 per cent on EA’s total revenue on mobile."

    https://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/68679/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-generated-548m-in-player-spending-during-q2-2018/
  • No_Try
    2443 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    ---
    Post edited by No_Try on
  • Can we have the Q3 results ?
  • They seem to be on par with last year

    akfw3dlledif.jpeg
  • I made carmel corn last night if anyone wants some. This thread never fails to entertain!
  • Germi wrote: »
    They seem to be on par with last year

    akfw3dlledif.jpeg

    And December is coming! This is why I never understood the sky is falling about this game. It’s making money. It’s here to stay for a long while.
  • Germi
    550 posts Member
    Eutus wrote: »
    I made carmel corn last night if anyone wants some. This thread never fails to entertain!

    Enjoy bro. It is not going to last ;-)
  • Eutus
    140 posts Member
    Germi wrote: »

    Enjoy bro. It is not going to last ;-)

    What do you mean? After this we'll get "the road ahead 2: it wasnt enough" where people complain that a new territory battle map doesnt count as content, a level increase just causes problems, padme isnt as good as rey, c3p0 is a garbage character, how dare you waste time on a character "I'VE" never heard of instead of another tusken raider, clone helmets should be removed, and chewbacca shard memes. Its gonna be glorious. Hours of amusement.

    Unless you are referring to my snacks, they are limited and could go fast here.
  • Germi
    550 posts Member
    Eutus wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »

    Enjoy bro. It is not going to last ;-)

    What do you mean? After this we'll get "the road ahead 2: it wasnt enough" where people complain that a new territory battle map doesnt count as content, a level increase just causes problems, padme isnt as good as rey, c3p0 is a garbage character, how dare you waste time on a character "I'VE" never heard of instead of another tusken raider, clone helmets should be removed, and chewbacca shard memes. Its gonna be glorious. Hours of amusement.

    Unless you are referring to my snacks, they are limited and could go fast here.

    No no no !
    Once the road Ahead is released this thread has no purpose and therefore no future.

    This is the beauty of this thread imo !
  • Ugnaught
    470 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    So untrue. It's already time to start asking for the 2019 road ahead.
  • Germi
    550 posts Member
    In another thread ... yes everything is possible.

    We are almost at 1000 posts, I think it needs to end.
  • Germi wrote: »
    In another thread ... yes everything is possible.

    We are almost at 1000 posts, I think it needs to end.

    It's time for this thread.... to end.
  • Ultra
    2877 posts Member
    Still if I were a dev & 3 months of game content were leaked I’d be ****. Revan’s kit leaking early... every piece of new content leaked 2-7 days early. I’d be furious. unfortunately CG made bank off Revan this quarter so I don’t think they’re hurting much at all. Profits are up for sure. Hopefully the rest of the quarter isn’t a giant mess though.
    Yeah, leaking is a betrayal of trust and a rude thing to do.

    Leaking is great if you are on the consumer end, though
  • JerryHello wrote: »
    Meh they are probably too busy working on their new game to care about this game anymore. If I'm not mistaken CG us an extremely small subsidiary of EA, so they probably don't have the resources to adequately work on both games at the same time. At this point who really cares anymore? The lack of communication alone is enough to get people to stop spending and/or playing.

    What is the new game?
  • This thread has a future... As a reminder of how much patient the community (joke) is, to the devs. I feel sorry for them at this point. X)
  • Germi wrote: »
    In another thread ... yes everything is possible.

    We are almost at 1000 posts, I think it needs to end.

    It's time for this thread.... to end.

    This thread is not going to go ... the way you think!
    Go Pens!
  • ArMurazor wrote: »
    JerryHello wrote: »
    Meh they are probably too busy working on their new game to care about this game anymore. If I'm not mistaken CG us an extremely small subsidiary of EA, so they probably don't have the resources to adequately work on both games at the same time. At this point who really cares anymore? The lack of communication alone is enough to get people to stop spending and/or playing.

    What is the new game?

    Not sure. Yhey haven't stated specifics yet, just that they have a new game in the works.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Leaking is great if you are on the consumer end, though

    The problem is that they're actually pretty bad for the consumer (from a games perspective).

    Content needs to, and should be tested in context -- leaks encourage the developer to lockdown and not test content with actual consumers. It might be nice to know what's coming, but the leak can not only negatively affect the actual content coming up, but it negatively affects the entire procedure of creating content in the first place.
  • So we have the bonus shards of Jango, Grievous, and Kenobi Nov 9-11... which we’ve known for a week because it was datamined... how upset does CG get over data mining stuff like this? Seems to be pretty common but they have to know if they add that data in the background it’s going to get mined.
  • Dk_rek
    2487 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    So we have the bonus shards of Jango, Grievous, and Kenobi Nov 9-11... which we’ve known for a week because it was datamined... how upset does CG get over data mining stuff like this? Seems to be pretty common but they have to know if they add that data in the background it’s going to get mined.

    I would think most people have maxxed kenobi, some people have grievous, whales only have jango.

    So drop rate will be 94 % kenobi 5.99% grievous, .01 % Jango

    But your saying there is a chance jimcarry.jpg

    EDIT : in no way complaining looking forward to this immensely either way I am shard shop broke
  • Nauros
    2427 posts Member
    So we have the bonus shards of Jango, Grievous, and Kenobi Nov 9-11... which we’ve known for a week because it was datamined... how upset does CG get over data mining stuff like this? Seems to be pretty common but they have to know if they add that data in the background it’s going to get mined.

    They mostly ignore it, if I remember correctly. Maybe remind us that the datamined stuff is not set in stone. But that's just what they show us, there's no way to tell how upset they are internally...
    Come to think of it, could they have scrapped Saak'ak and Droid starfighter back then because it got datamined?
    Revive the stores, the game needs it.
  • Well today is Wednesday. We could be getting a new character reveal... a new Capital Ship... a whole faction rework, new ship... maybe they’ll announce a new legendary today... or just bug fixes. oh the possibilities.
  • Well today is Wednesday. We could be getting a new character reveal... a new Capital Ship... a whole faction rework, new ship... maybe they’ll announce a new legendary today... or just bug fixes. oh the possibilities.

    Or just not get anything useful, like in the past months.
  • Monel
    1065 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Its like you don't get that it is about so much more than the road ahead at this point. It's about the communication we were told would improve. It's about the road ahead updates we were told we were going to get. Its about them giving us a window when we were supposed to get info multiple times and then nothing. Silence. No simple apology or justification. Its about a lack of professionalism in how they have been dealing with the community.
    But welcome to the thread and the forums. You obviously arent up to date on what has been going on.

    They owe us communication, information shouldn't be hacked(hacking is illegal). Plenty of blame to go around.
  • Monel wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Its like you don't get that it is about so much more than the road ahead at this point. It's about the communication we were told would improve. It's about the road ahead updates we were told we were going to get. Its about them giving us a window when we were supposed to get info multiple times and then nothing. Silence. No simple apology or justification. Its about a lack of professionalism in how they have been dealing with the community.
    But welcome to the thread and the forums. You obviously arent up to date on what has been going on.

    They owe us communication, information shouldn't be hacked(hacking is illegal). Plenty of blame to go around.

    What they owe us and what the gives us are rarely the same thing.
  • Monel
    1065 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Its like you don't get that it is about so much more than the road ahead at this point. It's about the communication we were told would improve. It's about the road ahead updates we were told we were going to get. Its about them giving us a window when we were supposed to get info multiple times and then nothing. Silence. No simple apology or justification. Its about a lack of professionalism in how they have been dealing with the community.
    But welcome to the thread and the forums. You obviously arent up to date on what has been going on.

    They owe us communication, information shouldn't be hacked(hacking is illegal). Plenty of blame to go around.

    What they owe us and what the gives us are rarely the same thing.

    Apparently you missed the whole second part of my comment. Both sides are at fault right now. I dont blame them for changing the road ahead last minute if it was due to hacking. Yes, more communication in general should be happening, however, information should NEVER be hacked or datamined.
This discussion has been closed.