Road ahead ?

Replies

• Germi
    553 posts Member
    The problem is not the leaks or whatever hidden story but it is the fact that they teased us early October about the road Ahead beeing worth the wait and then said that it was coming with even some nice hints (a la Crumb) and nothing happened since then ... just silence.

So now we wait and hope something will come up this week so we can finally go back to planning our next steps in game.
  • Greeneya33
    75 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    So we have the bonus shards of Jango, Grievous, and Kenobi Nov 9-11... which we’ve known for a week because it was datamined... how upset does CG get over data mining stuff like this? Seems to be pretty common but they have to know if they add that data in the background it’s going to get mined.

I would think most people have maxxed kenobi, some people have grievous, whales only have jango.

So drop rate will be 94 % kenobi 5.99% grievous, .01 % Jango

But your saying there is a chance jimcarry.jpg

EDIT : in no way complaining looking forward to this immensely either way I am shard shop broke

I still do not have General Kenobi. My guild team is not strong enough for AAT Heroic. Soo I only have his shards from login last month. Soo speak for yourself. Not everyone in this game is a whale.
  • It sounds like They teased us and shortly thereafter the calendar through December was leaked. Then instead of clear communication they’re busy changing it all.

On a positive note we’re almost up to 1,000 posts on this thread. Whoever gets the 1,000th post should win a prize..
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Monel wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Its like you don't get that it is about so much more than the road ahead at this point. It's about the communication we were told would improve. It's about the road ahead updates we were told we were going to get. Its about them giving us a window when we were supposed to get info multiple times and then nothing. Silence. No simple apology or justification. Its about a lack of professionalism in how they have been dealing with the community.
    But welcome to the thread and the forums. You obviously arent up to date on what has been going on.

They owe us communication, information shouldn't be hacked(hacking is illegal). Plenty of blame to go around.

What they owe us and what the gives us are rarely the same thing.

Apparently you missed the whole second part of my comment. Both sides are at fault right now. I dont blame them for changing the road ahead last minute if it was due to hacking. Yes, more communication in general should be happening, however, information should NEVER be hacked or datamined.

The thing is I don’t hack or datamine. If it’s something important to CG, they could find a way around it. The whole point of this thread is to point out that they are not delivering on what was promised, which is horrible in business. If it was delayed because of a leak, THEN SAY SO! We want open and honest comms as promised, it’s not a hard thing to do. I hate all these stupid excuses being made for the devs. They are running a horrible show as of late and there is no one to blame but themselves.
  • Maybe we should just leave this thread and boycott the forum? We have discord and reddit
    At this point, forum with no communication is useless anyway
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Maybe we should just leave this thread and boycott the forum? We have discord and reddit

We should, but we all have Stockholm syndrome pretty bad around here. They built a great game, I love it, it’s just they don’t back it up with good customer service as I wish they would. I have stop spending money because of it, but would like to start back up if things get better. I fear they won’t.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Its like you don't get that it is about so much more than the road ahead at this point. It's about the communication we were told would improve. It's about the road ahead updates we were told we were going to get. Its about them giving us a window when we were supposed to get info multiple times and then nothing. Silence. No simple apology or justification. Its about a lack of professionalism in how they have been dealing with the community.
    But welcome to the thread and the forums. You obviously arent up to date on what has been going on.

They owe us communication, information shouldn't be hacked(hacking is illegal). Plenty of blame to go around.

Apparently you missed the whole second part of my comment. Both sides are at fault right now. I dont blame them for changing the road ahead last minute if it was due to hacking. Yes, more communication in general should be happening, however, information should NEVER be hacked or datamined.

The thing is I don’t hack or datamine. If it’s something important to CG, they could find a way around it. The whole point of this thread is to point out that they are not delivering on what was promised, which is horrible in business. If it was delayed because of a leak, THEN SAY SO! We want open and honest comms as promised, it’s not a hard thing to do. I hate all these stupid excuses being made for the devs. They are running a horrible show as of late and there is no one to blame but themselves.

To expect a company to tell you everything is just ridiculous. You dont hear everything that come is working on, or that Amazon is working on, or iPhone etc... They tell you what they want you to know.

They did promise better communication and they have at times lived up to that, right now they are failing. But no, and I mean no company willingly tells you when they were hacked or datamined. If they tell you it's because they have a legal obligation to do so, looking at you FB.

If they were hacked or datamined, and I know you didnt do it, they have every right to pull back what they had planned and rework it without telling us. Is that a great strategy, no. But it is their current strategy.

Also, if their parent company told them you need to change your plans due to x, y, or z they will have to will have to follow those rules. And no, they are not going to come out and say well we wanted us to do this but Mickey says we have to do that.

They have commented saying it was going to be delayed, and they did say they hoped to have it by the end of this week. Hope being the key word.

They dont OWE us anything. If they want a strong and loyal player base they SHOULD give us more. But that is their decision, it is their game and their company. We are along for the ride as long as you choose to be in the passenger seat.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Maybe we should just leave this thread and boycott the forum? We have discord and reddit

This is what I will do once this thing is done.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Germi wrote: »
    The problem is not the leaks or whatever hidden story but it is the fact that they teased us early October about the road Ahead beeing worth the wait and then said that it was coming with even some nice hints (a la Crumb) and nothing happened since then ... just silence.

So now we wait and hope something will come up this week so we can finally go back to planning our next steps in game.

Why do you wait for them to play a game? Do what you want. I am currently working on Tuskens. Why? Because I want to, lol. It's your game. If you want a game plan I'll give you a simple one; unlock every character to 7 stars and gear them up. At some point you will need them. Now you are ready for everything :smile:
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

We should, but we all have Stockholm syndrome pretty bad around here. They built a great game, I love it, it’s just they don’t back it up with good customer service as I wish they would. I have stop spending money because of it, but would like to start back up if things get better. I fear they won’t.

I've stopped as well. My thought process has always been that they dont owe us anything and I also dont owe them anything. If they reward me with great content I am willing to spend. Lack of communication or tons of communication does not have anything to do with my spending though.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

To expect a company to tell you everything is just ridiculous. You dont hear everything that come is working on, or that Amazon is working on, or iPhone etc... They tell you what they want you to know.

They did promise better communication and they have at times lived up to that, right now they are failing. But no, and I mean no company willingly tells you when they were hacked or datamined. If they tell you it's because they have a legal obligation to do so, looking at you FB.

If they were hacked or datamined, and I know you didnt do it, they have every right to pull back what they had planned and rework it without telling us. Is that a great strategy, no. But it is their current strategy.

Also, if their parent company told them you need to change your plans due to x, y, or z they will have to will have to follow those rules. And no, they are not going to come out and say well we wanted us to do this but Mickey says we have to do that.

They have commented saying it was going to be delayed, and they did say they hoped to have it by the end of this week. Hope being the key word.

They dont OWE us anything. If they want a strong and loyal player base they SHOULD give us more. But that is their decision, it is their game and their company. We are along for the ride as long as you choose to be in the passenger seat.

They do owe us, they owe us improved communication because they said they would. If a business says that they are going to do something, they OWE that something to the customer. If something changes, then they need to communicate that. The road ahead is 5 weeks overdue by THEIR standard, not ours.

It’s their business and they can run it how they want, but they need to give us what they said they would. If I said that I would give you $5, I owe you $5. Simple as that.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

They do owe us, they owe us improved communication because they said they would. If a business says that they are going to do something, they OWE that something to the customer. If something changes, then they need to communicate that. The road ahead is 5 weeks overdue by THEIR standard, not ours.

It’s their business and they can run it how they want, but they need to give us what they said they would. If I said that I would give you $5, I owe you $5. Simple as that.

We are going to have to agree to disagree. If a company changes their mind then they changed their mind. I understand why you are upset, I am as well. In a perfect world people would do what they say, but they dont. Everyday someone changes their course of action without informing the affected parties. Right? No, but it happens. All I am trying to get everyone to understand is that they can do that if they so choose. I would highly doubt that you have never broken your word. If so, you would be the first.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Why do you wait for them to play a game? Do what you want. I am currently working on Tuskens. Why? Because I want to, lol. It's your game. If you want a game plan I'll give you a simple one; unlock every character to 7 stars and gear them up. At some point you will need them. Now you are ready for everything :smile:

Because I am playing this game for 3 years and this is actually the first time where we don’t really know what to focus on next.

So I am finishing my Revan farming (I am not excited about it) and my squad around zeta Vandor.

But then ?

1nmztky21pz8.png
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Because I am playing this game for 3 years and this is actually the first time where we don’t really know what to focus on next.

Yeah me too. I have Revan and Chewie and everything that came before them. I am finishing gearing clones cause I never did, and smaller focus around tuskens.

Also, grinding out Embo, Sing, Sith fighter, hounds tooth and range trooper(sort of). Still plenty to do.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member

Yeah me too. I have Revan and Chewie and everything that came before them. I am finishing gearing clones cause I never did, and smaller focus around tuskens.

Also, grinding out Embo, Sing, Sith fighter, hounds tooth and range trooper(sort of). Still plenty to do.

Great stuff but no new game Mode, no new TB map, HSR easy ...
    Boring
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

We are going to have to agree to disagree. If a company changes their mind then they changed their mind. I understand why you are upset, I am as well. In a perfect world people would do what they say, but they dont. Everyday someone changes their course of action without informing the affected parties. Right? No, but it happens. All I am trying to get everyone to understand is that they can do that if they so choose. I would highly doubt that you have never broken your word. If so, you would be the first.

I’m far from perfect, but I try extremely hard to keep my word when I give it, but I’m not a business. Business’s have rules and the like to protect the consumer. False advertising is one such rule. Now, I’m not saying the CG is false advertising because of their failure to deliver on promises, I’m just saying that it’s a horrible choice to shun the community with silence.
  • Circumstances change. It’s a part of life. Adapt & cope with it. I hope whatever CG Is doing now blows us out of the water. Make it jaw dropping.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Circumstances change. It’s a part of life. Adapt & cope with it. I hope whatever CG Is doing now blows us out of the water. Make it jaw dropping.

Tbh I am waiting for Jedi Luke lol
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Circumstances change. It’s a part of life. Adapt & cope with it. I hope whatever CG Is doing now blows us out of the water. Make it jaw dropping.

I wouldn’t expect jaw dropping. If rumors are true and the schedule got changes because of leaks, then that means they are rushing....and rushing is never good here. I’m not looking for jaw dropping, just want something new that’s not behind a Revan high paywall. RJT paywall I was ok with.
  • Things do change all the time. Doesn’t mean you have to be secretive and quiet about it. We didn’t create these toons, game modes, or the patterns that are in this game. The devs did.

We always said improved communication is something we wanted, we did not say it will be improved, the devs did.

We didn’t move the goal posts for Revan, the devs did.

I equate this game with building a house. They provide the tools and the structure of it. Now you can def choose to build the house the way you want. You can use a screwdriver end as a hammer if you choose. And that’s great.

You could also pay to have the house built faster and be stronger quicker- that’s great too esp if that means I can build my house for free money wise.

In reality I can’t really build my house the way I want because I would end up alienating 49 other guests. Guilds are vital to this game and player progression. There are 2 shops you can’t shop in unless you are in a guild. Pieces of gear are exclusively through raids.

If you’re in a guild you are most likely required to build teams toward game modes that guilds participate in. We didn’t create that the devs did.

So yes, feel free to build how you want, it’s your choice but at some level you do have to do required things to progress. Going off requirements that’s something the devs did as well. They created a pattern of requirements. The road ahead doesn’t only include excitement but also let’s the player base know about upcoming requirements in the game.

• Monel
    2776 posts Member

I’m far from perfect, but I try extremely hard to keep my word when I give it, but I’m not a business. Business’s have rules and the like to protect the consumer. False advertising is one such rule. Now, I’m not saying the CG is false advertising because of their failure to deliver on promises, I’m just saying that it’s a horrible choice to shun the community with silence.

I guess our fundamental disagreement is how a business is run. A business, as long as it follow the law(even then) can do what it pleases. Its ultimate end goal is making a profit not protecting the the consumer. I agree that they have made horrible choice, but I believe they believe their actions will either make them more money or at the very least cost them nothing.
  • This is not about adapting and overcoming something. It is not about changing the course of action aswell.

It was not the community that announced frequent communication, Q&A and the Road ahead. It was CG who came up with that.
    If they cancelled the last 2 playing days of your favourite sports league without proper reason or notice would you be as forgiving aswell? I purchased a bunch of chrystals back then in March as i liked the communication offensive quite much. What an **** I have been.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

Boring

So a new mode comes out, a month later(if that) its rinse repeat. Boring again. This game is a collection and rinse repeat game. Nothing stays exciting for more than a time or two, that's why I never complained about how hard HSR was, had something to work towards. Now it takes less then 2 hours.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member

Boring

So a new mode comes out, a month later(if that) its rinse repeat. Boring again. This game is a collection and rinse repeat game. Nothing stays exciting for more than a time or two, that's why I never complained about how hard HSR was, had something to work towards. Now it takes less then 2 hours.

Next challenge then ?

• Monel
    2776 posts Member

Boring

Next challenge then ?

Something new would be nice. The most exciting thing right is debating with everyone on the forums lol
  • CG does do a lot of their communication through... Game Changers... now with the leaks and the GC program being suspended CG has kind of a “blackout” period right now with no communication coming from them.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    CG does do a lot of their communication through... Game Changers... now with the leaks and the GC program being suspended CG has kind of a “blackout” period right now with no communication coming from them.

But do they? They make videos about stuff that’s already out and speculate about the rest, like we all do. I would hardly count that as CG communication. Now when the GC’s did Q & A with CG, that was on target, but when’s the last time that’s happened.
  • Monel wrote: »

Boring

Next challenge then ?

Something new would be nice. The most exciting thing right is debating with everyone on the forums lol

The biggest grind of them all lol

It’s true the game is a constant grind - you’re never really done. I’m lucky though, I enjoy in working on factions and building them up. I’m luckier that I started 3 years ago when I had the chance and the time to just mess around and grind what I wanted with out hurting my guild.
  • Given that we're within days of the quarter's mid-point, I don't think "Road Ahead" is the appropriate name anymore. If their schedule slips by another week, it'll be the "Road Behind."

Maybe they should just call this one "The Road"?
  • Where are you road aheaaaaad
This discussion has been closed.