Monel wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    The problem is not the leaks or whatever hidden story but it is the fact that they teased us early October about the road Ahead beeing worth the wait and then said that it was coming with even some nice hints (a la Crumb) and nothing happened since then ... just silence.

So now we wait and hope something will come up this week so we can finally go back to planning our next steps in game.

Why do you wait for them to play a game? Do what you want. I am currently working on Tuskens. Why? Because I want to, lol. It's your game. If you want a game plan I'll give you a simple one; unlock every character to 7 stars and gear them up. At some point you will need them. Now you are ready for everything :smile:

Because I am playing this game for 3 years and this is actually the first time where we don’t really know what to focus on next.

Yeah me too. I have Revan and Chewie and everything that came before them. I am finishing gearing clones cause I never did, and smaller focus around tuskens.

Also, grinding out Embo, Sing, Sith fighter, hounds tooth and range trooper(sort of). Still plenty to do.

Great stuff but no new game Mode, no new TB map, HSR easy ...
    Boring

So a new mode comes out, a month later(if that) its rinse repeat. Boring again. This game is a collection and rinse repeat game. Nothing stays exciting for more than a time or two, that's why I never complained about how hard HSR was, had something to work towards. Now it takes less then 2 hours.

Next challenge then ?

Something new would be nice. The most exciting thing right is debating with everyone on the forums lol

The biggest grind of them all lol

It’s true the game is a constant grind - you’re never really done. I’m lucky though, I enjoy in working on factions and building them up. I’m luckier that I started 3 years ago when I had the chance and the time to just mess around and grind what I wanted with out hurting my guild.

Yup, I am 3 years into this now as well. I was grinding all kinds of stuff way back then and it didnt matter cause you needed Teebo and QGJ to try and get through phase 1 of Rancor lol.

As much as I want new it's nice to be able to just focus on grinding the BHs that just became farmable. Down time without 5 new marquees is welcomed and appreciated. It's not even communication that I want, but interaction would be nice.

Oh my God. I had tried to forget about the Teebo Rancor nightmare.

Teebo lead , clone war chewy, qgj, tusken raider i can’t remember the 5th.
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    I think it's feasible to assume that the bounty Hunter ships will hit farmable nodes by the end of the month and that you should probably jump on them immediately to farm for a likely Millennium Falcon Legendary. That's not because of a leak, that's just because it makes sense given bounty hunters were needed for Chewbacca.

Because patterns!! Right. Probably Bh ships + Empîre. Like how Thrawn was PHX + rebels. Soo that means 1 legendary ship per year.

Or ya know- they could just make a legendary requiring Anakin ship in a month.

I think my team was Teebo, Qui Gon Jin, Rex, Phasma and Rey. It was some hodge-podge crap that I was glad to never have to use again once zeta Vader hit 😂

Anakin's ship is pretty great so I think most will want to farm that one immediately even if it doesn't lead to a legendary Separatist capital.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    kshark wrote: »
    SemiAsp wrote: »
    Yep. I don’t really even care anymore, I’m just enjoying the 3 ring kitten show their promises have become. There is absolutely nothing they can say or do now that will restore the most microscopic amount of credibility.

Dude, of course you care. You have posted in this thread twice today. Also, people that dont care dont post about not caring. It's cool to care, we all love this game and that's why we care. If we all stopped caring then CG can just shut it down.

Shutting down a USD 10m per month cash cow is not on the agenda of EA for the next 2-3 years at the least. The game is here to stay, but the extremely worrying fact is that EA/CG is doing a very poor job of communicating with its community. That is why a vast majority of players are, myself included, are making negative posts in the likes of "not caring" or going FTP completely. The moment revenue decreases, EA/CG will be all over the boards with info of new stuff and so on, this is the nature of business.....

I don’t think so. This game is one of many that EA has neglected to upkeep. Next it’s glitches which aren’t being repaired for weeks/months. Then a player spending boycott. Sooner than later, it closes down (Battle Field Heroes).

It’s possible that revenue is already too low for them to care about communication, and If a pretty serious boycott was to come, it would mean the end of the game.

Unfounded observation. While your gripes are true, the game is earning incredibly handsomely. It's getting %33 of EA's mobile market earnings and a whopping 10m per month with no trend of going down throughout the life of the game. The resources are listed previously in the topic.

Where are you seeing this info? Can you provide a link as I am curious? I could find one article that showed the gross revenue for the game which is just over $57k a day, which is only 1.7mil a month. But then you have to subtract the app store cut of 30% so now the gross is sitting at around 1.2mil a month and again that is gross. So profit margin may be sitting at 30% of that which would be between 350k & 400k a month.

https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/68737/star-warstm-galaxy-of-heroes/

The link is updated to today. I thought the game made a lot more but not according to that link.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    No_Try wrote: »
    Yep. I don’t really even care anymore, I’m just enjoying the 3 ring kitten show their promises have become. There is absolutely nothing they can say or do now that will restore the most microscopic amount of credibility.

Dude, of course you care. You have posted in this thread twice today. Also, people that dont care dont post about not caring. It's cool to care, we all love this game and that's why we care. If we all stopped caring then CG can just shut it down.

Shutting down a USD 10m per month cash cow is not on the agenda of EA for the next 2-3 years at the least. The game is here to stay, but the extremely worrying fact is that EA/CG is doing a very poor job of communicating with its community. That is why a vast majority of players are, myself included, are making negative posts in the likes of "not caring" or going FTP completely. The moment revenue decreases, EA/CG will be all over the boards with info of new stuff and so on, this is the nature of business.....

I don’t think so. This game is one of many that EA has neglected to upkeep. Next it’s glitches which aren’t being repaired for weeks/months. Then a player spending boycott. Sooner than later, it closes down (Battle Field Heroes).

It’s possible that revenue is already too low for them to care about communication, and If a pretty serious boycott was to come, it would mean the end of the game.

Unfounded observation. While your gripes are true, the game is earning incredibly handsomely. It's getting %33 of EA's mobile market earnings and a whopping 10m per month with no trend of going down throughout the life of the game. The resources are listed previously in the topic.

Where are you seeing this info? Can you provide a link as I am curious? I could find one article that showed the gross revenue for the game which is just over $57k a day, which is only 1.7mil a month. But then you have to subtract the app store cut of 30% so now the gross is sitting at around 1.2mil a month and again that is gross. So profit margin may be sitting at 30% of that which would be between 350k & 400k a month.

The link is updated to today. I thought the game made a lot more but not according to that link.

Just imagine how much more they would make if they ran a better show here and lived up to promises? I would spend if things got better, and I’m pretty sure others would as well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Having a leak is not a simple thing with which to deal. Yes, there hasn't been much communication, but if you are investigating a leak or are trying to deal with the ramifications of a leak, then public communication may not be an option. CG will be posting the Road Ahead at some point and may or may not provide more information about the silence leading up to it. If they do let us know why there wasn't communication, then great. If not, they simply may not be allowed to do so. I highly doubt that any of this was intentional, done to anger the players, but is most likely the result of a complicated issue about which we, the community, may never know more.

The hidden story doesn’t explain the lack of communication.

If this was the case and that is why things changed it does. They have to plug the leak before they can put out any information more than, its being delays and hope to get you an update.

They cant say things they dont know. Also if it was an internal issue, they may have had to keep planning close to the chest to keep more from getting out while they dealt with moving people out of sensetive areas.

If this was the issue at hand there are many layers to it and each layer would have another reason they cant say much.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Having a leak is not a simple thing with which to deal. Yes, there hasn't been much communication, but if you are investigating a leak or are trying to deal with the ramifications of a leak, then public communication may not be an option. CG will be posting the Road Ahead at some point and may or may not provide more information about the silence leading up to it. If they do let us know why there wasn't communication, then great. If not, they simply may not be allowed to do so. I highly doubt that any of this was intentional, done to anger the players, but is most likely the result of a complicated issue about which we, the community, may never know more.

If this was the case and that is why things changed it does. They have to plug the leak before they can put out any information more than, its being delays and hope to get you an update.

They cant say things they dont know. Also if it was an internal issue, they may have had to keep planning close to the chest to keep more from getting out while they dealt with moving people out of sensetive areas.

If this was the issue at hand there are many layers to it and each layer would have another reason they cant say much.

Exactly!

Sooooo another week no road ahead?
    Hodor
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Just imagine how much more they would make if they ran a better show here and lived up to promises? I would spend if things got better, and I’m pretty sure others would as well.

Probably not that much - the posters on this board comprise a small subset of the people playing the game. Spenders and FTP both. For instance, my brother plays this game. He spends. He's never been to this board once. Probably doesn't even know it exists. Whether or not some EA employee makes a post here has zero influence on his spending habits. And I'm sure that that's the case for a majority of the people playing.

Heck I'm pretty active on these forums, and this post (or lack thereof) hasn't changed my spending habits one bit.

So in the large scope of things, this current situation isn't likely to hurt them financially (or make them a ton of money if things were suddenly better).
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/

Why now? There have been leaks before. And they are confirming the leak and no changing it. Also why this long.

Disinformation. Spread it and see what comes out. Don’t hold a whole player base hostage because of 1 person. Or at least be straight up about it.

All we have “officially” is that it’s not ready, Carrie was sick, needs more approvals, maybe this week or later.

This is more than a month already. 1 leak did this? Cmon. Stop it. Even if the leak were true what can we really do about it? There’s nothing to really farm for some of the stuff.
  • If it were the entire October- Demncer calendar that was leaked... which some claim... then a month of changing stuff makes perfect sense.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Why now? There have been leaks before. And they are confirming the leak and no changing it. Also why this long.

Disinformation. Spread it and see what comes out. Don’t hold a whole player base hostage because of 1 person. Or at least be straight up about it.

All we have “officially” is that it’s not ready, Carrie was sick, needs more approvals, maybe this week or later.

This is more than a month already. 1 leak did this? Cmon. Stop it. Even if the leak were true what can we really do about it? There’s nothing to really farm for some of the stuff.

They have not confirmed a leak, and never had to close out the GC, so if that is the case something is different this time. This could be way more than "a little leak" with the reaction we are seeing, if this is the cause.
  • Our glorious experience manager, CG 'RoadBehind' Carrie !!
  • Germi
    553 posts Member
    Honestly I just want Jedi Luke.
    All other leaks don’t matter to me :-p
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited November 2018

Actually I don’t. As I said, I’m here for the schadenfreude. My guild is the only thing keeping me from deleting the game. CG’s bungling every promise they make to their customer assured that. Post the road ahead. Or don’t. At this point it’s the same to me! I’m just interested in how long they’ll let it simmer before they attempt damage control. And how hilarious will that attempt be? That’s what I care about, so don’t try to tell me what I do and do not care about. And don’t assume I’m a “dude”.

Redacted
    Post edited by Monel on
    Kyno wrote: »

They have not confirmed a leak, and never had to close out the GC, so if that is the case something is different this time. This could be way more than "a little leak" with the reaction we are seeing, if this is the cause.

I suspect EA/CG Inner beef. Corporate vs. creative in a sense.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member

Actually I don’t. As I said, I’m here for the schadenfreude. My guild is the only thing keeping me from deleting the game. CG’s bungling every promise they make to their customer assured that. Post the road ahead. Or don’t. At this point it’s the same to me! I’m just interested in how long they’ll let it simmer before they attempt damage control. And how hilarious will that attempt be? That’s what I care about, so don’t try to tell me what I do and do not care about. And don’t assume I’m a “dude”.

Too late, I did assume lol. I am cool with assuming.

Let’s try to be constructive while we wait please.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

lots of other links. google "galaxy of heroes revenue"

https://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/68679/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-generated-548m-in-player-spending-during-q2-2018/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7nvm8l/est_december_swgoh_revenues_15_million_for_2017/
  • Edison
    154 posts Member
    edited November 2018

lots of other links. google "galaxy of heroes revenue"

https://www.pocketgamer.biz/news/68679/star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes-generated-548m-in-player-spending-during-q2-2018/

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7nvm8l/est_december_swgoh_revenues_15_million_for_2017/

All of the conversations about profit margin being so high, and while there's no denying this is a powerhouse of an app, there's also the consideration of just how much that Star Wars license cost them. That's really the only reason this game exists as it is now, as a completely generic version of this game would not survive. I'd love to know that number that EA paid for the exclusive rights - which is no doubt passed down as a cost to everything developed under them.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Edison wrote: »

All of the conversations about profit margin being so high, and while there's no denying this is a powerhouse of an app, there's also the consideration of just how much that Star Wars license cost them. That's really the only reason this game exists as it is now, as a completely generic version of this game would not survive. I'd love to know that number that EA paid for the exclusive rights - which is no doubt passed down as a cost to everything developed under them.

No idea. Maybe not a one time payment, but a share of the profits?

• Monel
    2776 posts Member

But let's be honest, nothing about this post is constructive. Its everyone's opinion on what should have happened. I am not saying any of the opinions are wrong. This whole post is the scorpion and frog parable. At the end of the day no matter what the scorpion says it's going to sting you. Now I am not calling anyone a scorpion here, but at the end of the day CG is gonna do what CG is gonna do. Right or wrong really has nothing to do with it.
  • Germi
    553 posts Member

But let's be honest, nothing about this post is constructive. Its everyone's opinion on what should have happened. I am not saying any of the opinions are wrong. This whole post is the scorpion and frog parable. At the end of the day no matter what the scorpion says it's going to sting you. Now I am not calling anyone a scorpion here, but at the end of the day CG is gonna do what CG is gonna do. Right or wrong really has nothing to do with it.

That is cool bro.
    Just no need to antagonise anyone imho.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member

That is cool bro.
    Just no need to antagonise anyone imho.

True dat, I deleted.
  • Enerdrizer
    263 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    >:)
    gcl8ut05h7cy.png
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Oh great, now they'll never come in the door.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Last time I saw this thread was over 300 posts ago, do we actually still not have an official road ahead? I remember reading that it was just waiting to be approved and Kyno was even poking Crumb to post it... I'm confused, what's going on? :p
  • For those who say some announcement is better than no announcement, look at Diablo Immortal at BlizzCon.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Gorem wrote: »
    Last time I saw this thread was over 300 posts ago, do we actually still not have an official road ahead? I remember reading that it was just waiting to be approved and Kyno was even poking Crumb to post it... I'm confused, what's going on? :p
    kyno just asked and Crumb said today or tomorrow is likely

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Probably not that much - the posters on this board comprise a small subset of the people playing the game. Spenders and FTP both. For instance, my brother plays this game. He spends. He's never been to this board once. Probably doesn't even know it exists. Whether or not some EA employee makes a post here has zero influence on his spending habits. And I'm sure that that's the case for a majority of the people playing.

Heck I'm pretty active on these forums, and this post (or lack thereof) hasn't changed my spending habits one bit.

So in the large scope of things, this current situation isn't likely to hurt them financially (or make them a ton of money if things were suddenly better).

Uhh, Just because it doesn't effect you as much, doesn't mean he's not correct. I've seen games die because of lack of communication, I remember Rift in its Glory days with Elrar, before Elrar was gone, he was the best Community poster ever, he kept the game alive and kept everyone playing because of his actions on the forums and in game. When Elrar left that game just kinda, went back under everyone's radar.

Having good PR is what leads to better profits, doing what SWGOH does as they lie/ignore entire threads of posters for months is the wrong way of doing things. Just because you support bad business choices, doesn't mean hundreds if not thousands others don't. The funny thing is how people post "Oh the games making money" instead of "Oh the game could actually be making even more money". FFBE, another popular game with spenders even more so then SWGOH almost got completely boycotted, they had to change quick to prevent the game dying. They actually responded overnight with a change to a buyable pack they were going to put out. This action alone made people who were spending tens of thousands of dollars on the game, continue spending.

I've seen it many times over, if enough people do respond with their wallets, game devs do make different choices. Problem is swgoh is star wars, has people who like you said, remain oblivious or spend anyway, which lets them get away with stuff like this, they still making money and don't have to put out a road ahead.
  • Gorem wrote: »

Crumb said they may have an update late this week. So maybe tomorrow (Friday)? Not definitive.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    ... I've seen it many times over, if enough people do respond with their wallets, game devs do make different choices. Problem is swgoh is star wars, has people who like you said, remain oblivious or spend anyway, which lets them get away with stuff like this, they still making money and don't have to put out a road ahead.

Of course! If the spenders stop spending, the devs will notice. But I don't think a few (perhaps justifiably) frustrated forum posters are going to make or break the financials. Revan being subpar? Yeah - that's noticeable in game (and was adjusted at the last minute). A forum post? Most of the players aren't going to notice it's lack (or presence) for that matter. And so, as others have noted, the game will continue to profit.

Especially when that forum post is just a preview of the plan for the next month or two.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Well ... I guess we will have to wait another day.

https://youtu.be/qRKNw477onU
This discussion has been closed.