Phoenix for Thrawn/EP

I'm currently level 68 with a full 7 star Phoenix roster. About to finish off the last g8 for the team. Am i safe to stop there for the 2 upcoming Thrawn/EP events? Assuming it takes another 2-3 weeks, I should be mid 70's.

Replies

• Commander_Wolffe
    211 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    For 7 Star Thrawn = I've heard lv 80 and g8+ with max abilities and omegas on uniques.

For 5 star Thrawn, you're fine.

This web site allows you to enter your ally-code and it will tell you if you're team is ready for an event:

https://www.swgoh.help/
  • There's a whole subforum for these events, full of threads of what people used to clear. The rule of thumb for these events is: the better prepared you are, the less RNG plays a factor.

If you go in with minimums, expect to restart a lot and get frustrated. ESPECIALLY Thrawn. The stronger your team is, the better you are able to cope with adversity.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I dont recall seeing a Thrawn event on the schedule. Is one due?
  • papy72 wrote: »
    I dont recall seeing a Thrawn event on the schedule. Is one due?

It's probably next month.
    UpTheIrons
  • 2smooth
    572 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Yes next month u won’t get 7* ur first go around maybe aim for 6. This is my second go around I’ll be lvl 85 by the time it comes didn’t unlock 5* first time getting 7* now. 13k power each is a good basis for what u will need I look at others in my guild that have unlock that’s where there Phoenix was at. Working on good mod set for each to maximize effectiveness of each toons abilities. Once I get credits will take a few to g8 and throw on a few last omegas and mods they should be close to where they need to be but I have 30 days so should be enough time. Want to add it’s pretty impressive u have 7* Phoenix at ur lvl I was like lvl 70 before I 7* my first toon in galactic war store the fastest route but u pace of lvling up could be slower not sure if lvl up slower is better with fleet unlocked but still impressive.
  • C0herent1 wrote: »
    I'm currently level 68 with a full 7 star Phoenix roster. About to finish off the last g8 for the team. Am i safe to stop there for the 2 upcoming Thrawn/EP events? Assuming it takes another 2-3 weeks, I should be mid 70's.

You won't get 7* Thrawn in the mid-70s, not unless your mods are insanely good. At gear 8 Phoenix need their unique omegas to work properly, and you'll want them at level 80 for that (82 for Chopper). I have heard of it being done at lower levels but not reliably.

Palp you'll probably manage.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • So essentially i can stop on this team for the time being because its unlikely to get 7* star thrawn until 80+?

And im almost certain i can 6 star thrawn with what i have now.

The team is decently mod'ed. I specifically mod'ed a lot of potency for thrawn.
  • I wouldn't stop. Event hasn't been announced yet so you're stopping your farming goal purely based on internet speculation. Not wise.

Set your goal. Don't deviate. Get them as absolutely high as you can gear and level wise. G9 will make up for not being 82-85. G10 can make up for less than 82.
  • Stop gearing your Phoenix teams after G8, they take a ridiculous amount of resources and aren't worth it after that. With one exception, keep working on Ezra. He will be a big help on a Jedi team later, so he isn't a waste of resources and he is honestly easier to gear than your tanks.

https://swgoh.gg/p/217621753/characters/?f=Phoenix

I'm able to be Military Might tier 2, which seems harder than any video of the thrawn fight I've seen. I'm 100% sure you will be ready to get a r7 Thrawn when he comes in a month.

Try and have 15 omega mats ready when his event comes around, but don't use them yet. I don't think I'm going to need it and you probably won't. I'd rather waste an hour on attempts then waste 3 weeks of farming resources on improving them any more.
  • You can do Tier 3 3* with level 85, G9 Ezra, G8 everyone else. I do it every time. Nowhere near perfect mods. Only some basics/specials Omega'd, uniques all Omega'd.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    You can do Tier 3 3* with level 85, G9 Ezra, G8 everyone else. I do it every time. Nowhere near perfect mods. Only some basics/specials Omega'd, uniques all Omega'd.

The lvl there makes a big difference. But i was doing the bonus tier (3) on MM with lvl 78-79 g8 Phoenix, Ezra at g9. It was just an rng crapfest getting it so Kanan went first and taunted on final battle. And stuns landed on palp.
    That said he'll be 80 something if not 85 by the time thrawn rolls around assuming it's next month. Definitely will be 85 if it's pushed further back. So g8+Ezra g9 should work. Yeah?
    UpTheIrons
  • @JediRobb Ugg. I really don't like watching gameplay videos but i guess I'm gonna have to now. Lol.
    UpTheIrons
  • Ededed wrote: »
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    You can do Tier 3 3* with level 85, G9 Ezra, G8 everyone else. I do it every time. Nowhere near perfect mods. Only some basics/specials Omega'd, uniques all Omega'd.

The lvl there makes a big difference. But i was doing the bonus tier (3) on MM with lvl 78-79 g8 Phoenix, Ezra at g9. It was just an rng crapfest getting it so Kanan went first and taunted on final battle. And stuns landed on palp.
    That said he'll be 80 something if not 85 by the time thrawn rolls around assuming it's next month. Definitely will be 85 if it's pushed further back. So g8+Ezra g9 should work. Yeah?

Can level 70-85 be done in 4-6 weeks?
  • Well. Close i think. Early 80s anyway. Enough to get choppers unique omega'd.
    There's a set amount of exp needed, figure out how much you make a day or need to make. Refresh energy accordingly. Lol...
    UpTheIrons