CG not gonna do a thing about shard chats?

Prev1
Any dev wanna justify how honest players getting ganged up on 5v1, 20v1, by a shard chat mob is fair?

Replies

• Be social, join shard chat, make friends = problem solved.
  • Mesmerize14
    39 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Hybridplug wrote: »
    Be social, join shard chat, make friends = problem solved.

I'm looking for a FFA PVP arena, not a support group.
  • How many topics about this are you going to start @Mesmerize14
  • I dont know your problem, it is already a FFA PVP. Everyone is free to play alone or in groups ;-)
  • I'm more interested in how I could join my servers chat. I have no idea where to look for it
  • Hybridplug wrote: »
    Be social, join shard chat, make friends = problem solved.

I'm looking for a FFA PVP arena, not a support group.

A free-for-all is not how arena works. Everyone has limited attempts, and only 1 second where your rank matters, which is the same as some people, and different from others. You're competing against people from your payout, but those in a different payout are not competitors. It is meaningless to attack FFA because most of the time your winning doesn't reward you with anything.

As for being social, while you can move around guilds and be with whoever you want, your arena shard is there forever. That's the difference between a commercial company and a military company. You're stuck with these guys forever, so go be friends or your whole time here will be miserable.
  • F2P LFG ….. lol

In the forums I moderate he would be infracted for repeatedly starting new threads on the same topic.
  • catnip
    9 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    What do you want them to do? You can't prevent people from talking on discord.

Also, if you're looking for a real pvp, you're playing a wrong game.

I've only made 2 threads. I'll stop posting when they do something about it.
  • I joined a shard chat. So should you. No use whining.
  • again with these threads.
    every one that does these threads share the same thing : they are outside of shard chat.
    right now, i can already be 100% sure that OP is a bad player, that isnt top for long time, but now during an easy meta, he think he deserve a top spot without working for it.
    let me simplify this for you: you are not good enough OP. even without the shard chat, you won't get #1 spot. and you'll probably even drop further. the shard chat create order and that way everyone knows in which time they are climbing. without the chats, everyone will climb at all hours of the day, and you'll be dropped by every guy over the world... by trying to stay top as much as they can, during YOUR payout, you'll get attacked by people from Asia, America, Europe, Austraila... all together, at the same time. for real. this is what happened before the chats, and it was bad. unlike now, where you will face people from your payout +- 2 hours, kinda. because they are in chat, and they dont worry about arena during all day.
    the chats is for using less fights, simple as that. those who are in the chat, was #1 spots before it, and will continue to be #1 if suddenly no chats. its that simple. they are competitive, they are driven, and they are good. much better than you. this is why you aren't there, and they are. if you have a problem, open your own chat and contest with them. im sure you'll lose.
    you probably get chained once and then started to come and cry about it in the forums for the whole year. how about you get better, show that you can enter there, and ask for them to enter ? my bet is that they will decide that you are not good enough, and its better to waste fights on you instead of letting you in (and those are guys that are in chat to do LESS fights and conserve the peace, yea ?) but its maybe worth a shot.
    now, please, stop spam the forums with your useless threads. those who belong in the top are in the chat, and will be there even without the chat. those who aren't, mostly, dont belong in the top, and won't be there even without the chats aswell.
    really, very simple. you are just a whiny baby who isn't good enough to get an invitation to the chat (= not good enough for top spot)
  • again with these threads.
    every one that does these threads share the same thing : they are outside of shard chat.
    right now, i can already be 100% sure that OP is a bad player, that isnt top for long time, but now during an easy meta, he think he deserve a top spot without working for it.
    let me simplify this for you: you are not good enough OP. even without the shard chat, you won't get #1 spot. and you'll probably even drop further. the shard chat create order and that way everyone knows in which time they are climbing. without the chats, everyone will climb at all hours of the day, and you'll be dropped by every guy over the world... by trying to stay top as much as they can, during YOUR payout, you'll get attacked by people from Asia, America, Europe, Austraila... all together, at the same time. for real. this is what happened before the chats, and it was bad. unlike now, where you will face people from your payout +- 2 hours, kinda. because they are in chat, and they dont worry about arena during all day.
    the chats is for using less fights, simple as that. those who are in the chat, was #1 spots before it, and will continue to be #1 if suddenly no chats. its that simple. they are competitive, they are driven, and they are good. much better than you. this is why you aren't there, and they are. if you have a problem, open your own chat and contest with them. im sure you'll lose.
    you probably get chained once and then started to come and cry about it in the forums for the whole year. how about you get better, show that you can enter there, and ask for them to enter ? my bet is that they will decide that you are not good enough, and its better to waste fights on you instead of letting you in (and those are guys that are in chat to do LESS fights and conserve the peace, yea ?) but its maybe worth a shot.
    now, please, stop spam the forums with your useless threads. those who belong in the top are in the chat, and will be there even without the chat. those who aren't, mostly, dont belong in the top, and won't be there even without the chats aswell.
    really, very simple. you are just a whiny baby who isn't good enough to get an invitation to the chat (= not good enough for top spot)

What a load of.bunk this is..... Being in a shard chat doesn't make you good.... It means you are weak and need help from everyone else to make sure your team doesnt get folded like a cheap lawn chair at your payout time....
  • our shard full of people who were there before the chat, simple as that. people i used to fight constantly with, are now friends. the only thing that changed, is that instead of pingpong each other, we just sit quietly, and climb in our time. less fights, same spots.
    no one need the help of the others to reach their spots, its only to create order. the max use of the chat for "negative stuff" is that if there's a sniper that try to enter top10 or something, instead of people locking themselves, people who are outside top10 attacking him to drop him further. so lets say, a guy who normally would be in 10#, or in 6# if he was lucky enough to snipe, would be now 15 or 20. or even 40 if its a busy time where lot of people is around :)
    but you know why he wouldnt get 6# or even close ? because he wasnt there before. my point is that the people in the chat are good, and THEREFORE in the chat, not in the chat and therefore are good. you got it all wrong.
    in fact, we have screenshots of Poe and dooku and droid meta where the people in the top5 are... the same as NOW. we didnt have chat back then. why are we all #1 always, regardless of which meta is it ?
    yes, you guessed it. we are competitive, we are good (at least better than the others) and we WANT the #1 spots. so we worked for it, we got it, we deserve it.
    we are not "weak" and need help. the only difference between then and now is that we use less fights. we fought each other a lot, we showed strength and determination, and we gained each other respect. this is why we are on the chat toegther.
    whoever is outside the chat, didnt earn our respect, because he wasnt good enough.
    this is the harsh truth, but someone need to tell you that. right now, these threads seems like a way for yourselves to have excuses why you arent top of the arena. stop making excuses, you aren't good enough.
    i actually, secretly, want the shard chat to disband only so you guys will see that the chats isnt the reason why you arent #1. the reason why you aren't #1 and why you aren't in a shard chat, is because you are NOT GOOD ENOUGH.
  • He isn't "sniping"..... He isn't right to climb and get a good spot at his payout like everyone else.... Maybe he hasn't been there before, but now he has improved..... Why shouldn't be get the best spot possible?
  • SithTrio_PO
    263 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    no problem! if hes improved, and he can be consistent, work his way up, and eventually, he'll earn the respect of the veterans at the top. and those guys will be in the chat.
    its bit hard, because the chat guys would like to see him getting the top spots for more than 1 meta probably, before giving him the easy life. but if he does that, he should be on the chat, and he probably will be.
    however, lot of them give up. we went berserk on some people that now hover around the top50, and wouldnt DARE to come close to top20. i would never approve those guys in, they shouldnt have easy life over other guys who are better. on the other side, there are some people that we went even more berserk on, and even refused few times to join chat when we invited them (eventually, they joined the chat, because it is the right choice. peace is always the better solution) needless to say, those guys earned our respect very much, with their consistency and investments of time, gear and zetas to conquer the top. those guys deserve, imo, to be in the chat, even more than some of the old veterans that always been at the top. but not everyone is like that. the most are the first type - bit of a hard fight and they run away.
    its like lot of places.. the people who are there (the chats) wants the other candidates to "suffer" as they did, so they'll appreciate the place they gonna be.
    yes, it looks weird from the side, its fit more to the prehistoric man, but in fact, if people will join those groups right away they will be spoiled and ungrateful. i realized that this is even necessary during my time in the army.
    so, if this so call "sniper" pass the "tryouts" - welcome!
  • That's absolutely ridiculous.... You are all in the same shard, which means all of you joined around the same time..... Nobody is a "veteran"..... It's a fight arena, it's not supposed to be about peace....

Your old boys club is pathetic...
  • some comments from you and im pretty sure you are a new player.
    there are 3 type of players :
    1) The really competitive ones. those who are ready for meta shifts, will concentrate their efforts on getting top spots in arena, will use crystals in even non-logical way to get it. im proud to say im one of those. playing since Nov 2015, and even took a break of 6 months from the game, but im pretty sure i have at least 2 years of #1 spot. at least 700 times that i come to the inbox for the big prize. i doubt if you even play 700 days by your comments. my old boys club are those who got the big prize of #1 with QGJ meta, when Royal guard was the king, when Poe was amazing, when Scav rey one shotted people, when dooku invented the evasion meta, when Wiggs was absurdly OP, when Zaul reinvented the evasion meta, when Rex started to shine, when Chaze made people quit the game, when CLS released, EVERYWHERE. they were there, didnt adapt for the meta, but inventing it. "meta chasers" getting the #1 spot. because they comeptitive, because they good enough, because they dictate how the shard will look. people from spots 100, 1000, 2000, 5000, dont matter where you are, you go to "ranks" and you see their names, doesnt matter which date we talk about.
    2) the adapters - those who care, and want to be #1, but wont go crazy about it. here, they also split in half, those who, as i said, will continue to fight, or those who will give up. but most of those guys deserve to be in a shard chat. even if they dont chase every meta, even if they use NS long over-due, or still using rebels today, they want to get #1 and will try to do so with what they have. i guess that you fit there, bubbafet, but you didnt proved your worth yet or you gave up already.
    3) the not-so-care much. shards of 10,000 people, the most are those guys. they dont do much in arena, do their fights and thats it, dont chase the meta. doesnt mean they are bad or something, they simply dont care, and thats fine. we have a whale in our shard that is this type of player. he hovering around top50-35, but never more. although he can. hes in a big guild, and have lot of GP, but he rather not try his best in arena, and he rather buy crystals instead of earning them. no problem there, the point is that he dont care from arena enough to do something about it. he can easily take #1 spot but hes not type 1 or even 2. he dont care so much.

My "old boys club" is people from type 1 and some from type 2. this is how it goes, this is how it will be. there are tons of players in each shard, but only handful in a chat. thats because those handful care enough and do what it take to get the #1 spot.
    if you are not in a chat, its very clear : you either not good/worthy enough (opinion by the guys in the chat) or you havent showed them yet that you are good enough.
    if someone is from type 1, spent crystals for the spot, worked hard for it, he will be in chat. everybody rather peace and fight less for their spot. if you are not in chat, stop calling them "old boy club" and start to accept the fact that they deserve it more because they invested in arena more, simple as that. now you start to invest in arena and work hard, or stop with this useless posts and comments that just make me think "those guys are noobs".
  • Complete garbage.... I am always top 50 arena, sometimes top 20, and I don't need to be voted into the club by the board of governors to do it either.... That is what being good is..... spending extra money and conspiring with your chronies to keep people down to keep the spot doesn't make you good.... It makes you a cheater......
  • metal_samurai
    172 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Complete garbage.... I am always top 50 arena, sometimes top 20, and I don't need to be voted into the club by the board of governors to do it either.... That is what being good is..... spending extra money and conspiring with your chronies to keep people down to keep the spot doesn't make you good.... It makes you a cheater......

if top 20 is as high as you get, then your shard mafia likely isn't concerned with you. the fact that you stay in top 50 doesn't mean you're good (i'm not saying you aren't), it just means you aren't enough of a threat to target.

shard chats aren't inherently bad, but when they turn into a mafia to keep anyone else away from them and won't let others join, then it's a problem.

edit: i feel i should add that i'm in the same boat, consistent top 50, sometimes top 20. i know bloody well there's a mafia in my shard, and i know they're not targeting me because i'm not trying to push them out of the top spots. if i were they'd be sniping me like crazy, and there would be nothing i could do about it regardless how good my squad is.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    Complete garbage.... I am always top 50 arena, sometimes top 20, and I don't need to be voted into the club by the board of governors to do it either.... That is what being good is..... spending extra money and conspiring with your chronies to keep people down to keep the spot doesn't make you good.... It makes you a cheater......

if top 20 is as high as you get, then your shard mafia likely isn't concerned with you. the fact that you stay in top 50 doesn't mean you're good (i'm not saying you aren't), it just means you aren't enough of a threat to target.

shard chats aren't inherently bad, but when they turn into a mafia to keep anyone else away from them and won't let others join, then it's a problem.

I couldn't agree with you more.... A bunch of players making a truce not to attack eachother at payout I can live with, it still keeps the spirit of competition while arranging for everyone to get a better payout.... When it becomes a case of "who does this guy think he is beating my team, he isnt one of us, these are our spots, get him guys", the line has been crossed.....
  • ok, i'll stop comment after this because clearly you dont listen but few last things : checked out other comments from you. well, congrats on moving on to heroic AAT. i think this proves my point of you being new player.
    and since you keep saying being in a chat dont make you good... i'll say again, for the last time trying to explain to you since you cant seem to understand : you get into chat after proving you are good enough. thats all, im not saying you are good because you in chat, im saying if you in chat - you are good enough.
    you, my dear friend, not good enough. i have no idea how it goes in arena as young as yours. but i was before the chats, got #1, and now with the chats, i'm still #1, and after the chats i'll still be #1. im not conspiring and not cheating. remove the chats now and i'll still dominate the arena. i'll be there, no matter what you throw at me. you have no idea what you talking about. you think we need each other help, but we were at #1 spot before, we will continue to be there. we work for it, more than you.
    my investment on arena teams isnt even comparable to yours. you can keep whine and cry about others being a cheater, but truth is they are just better than you.
    fact is that you need to use your entire roster on HAAT, and i need to use 5 guys to solo it with minimum effort and pressing the auto button for 2 phases. my roster is very developed, im getting 900 crystals a day from arena, and im f2p now (used to spend some, it was over when the daily 100 crystals was over). ive been outside chat, ive been inside, and i know MUCH MORE than you think you do. we are different kind of players, and the fact you think im spending extra money, conspiring or cheating because all i want is that ***people will climb when they should*** just shows your ignorance about this game and this PvP mode. you can continue calling my comments and the painful truth "garbage", but its still the truth. if you aren't invited to the shard chat, this is because your own shard mates, who knows your capabilities better than me, decided you are not good enough, and its better to fight you than join you... its pretty sad even. me, on the other hand? im more of the guy who call out people to war and decide if people are getting axed and sent to 50 or if they should join us.
    now please stop, my comments maybe harsh and bit "too much" and too brutal with the truth but your comments are embarrassing
  • Now you are just being silly..... I have been doing Haat for months now.... Imjustneger noticed the 5 battle button wasn't there.....

You may have played this game a long time, but your comments are naive..... If you really think you would be #1 and stay #1 in arena without being part of your shard mafia or spending money on crystals, you are sadly mistaken....

And of course your roster is more developed, you have been playing the game more than twice as long as I have.....

Your statement says it all "we will always be number 1"......
  • I just strong armed my way up. Started with a guy at same payout time who was in a chat for our arena. There are some silly rules: maintain in top 10 for a week before you get considered, blah blah blah.
    I just kept pushing into top 5. Push hard enough, long enough, the group will get tired of wasting resources and start working with you.
    Personally I prefer nature vs nurture.
    Keep at it OP.
  • Given that there's money in this game, technically shard chats fall within the realms of racketeering. Keep at it OP.
This discussion has been closed.