CG strikes again... Celebration??!!

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.

If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

Telling her your top 3 meals include 2 things she makes, wouldn't be saying those are the only things you like.

Stop. Just stop.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.

If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

Telling her your top 3 meals include 2 things she makes, wouldn't be saying those are the only things you like.

Stop. Just stop.

No. Because it's your own fault for not reading it clearly and for getting your expectations up.

I read I'd have a chance at getting shards of some characters, which is a nice bonus on top of the mod stuff I already get when farming slicing materials. This is Magic Shell on top of ice cream.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    It's like watching druggies and burnouts at a welfare line...your getting everything free but just........not...........enough.......I will gladly take my 10 jango shards and 32 shards for the shop and consider it awesome
  • Event started at 11est for me, got the bonus icon between events icons, got the ! on the mod bottles themselvesn and can see the "bonus reward" box under possible rewards. There are a total of 36 toons you "can" get shards for, so its not definate everytime, thats the word "may" in the description of the celebration. As others have said, i did 10 tries, got 1 shard for a toon i already have, and it even seems the slicing equipment i rewards are less. What a celebration!! For us or for them to scram (with no R) people again by misleading everyone to stock up on energy.
    I for one am NOT spending anymore energy in thatbare until this event is over. I urge everyone else to do the same, just farm mods instead all weekend long. Let them see how horrible this idea wasn and that no one is doing it. Sadly that is the only way they might listen, is if we band together as a community and ban certain events, that way when their umbers come back they see just how $hj++¥ this idea was.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    It's like watching druggies and burnouts at a welfare line...your getting everything free but just........not...........enough.......I will gladly take my 10 jango shards and 32 shards for the shop and consider it awesome

You got 10 jango shards?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Yeah we'll lose all perks if people dont start being grateful for what we get. If I was running cg and saw how much people complain about getting free stuff I would pull the plug on ftp and make it a subscription only game. Then you have only people playing who are there to have fun and not complain
  • I spent 600 cristal in mod bundle because you told us for extra GK, Grievous and Jango Fett. Instead of that we can have the useless consulary jedi, the first chewbaca.. Really ?????? You neither mentioned that and it's not logical. It's a scam so I want my cristals back !
  • manu2639 wrote: »
    I spent 600 cristal in mod bundle because you told us for extra GK, Grievous and Jango Fett. Instead of that we can have the useless consulary jedi, the first chewbaca.. Really ?????? You neither mentioned that and it's not logical. It's a scam so I want my cristals back !

They said the rewards would include GK, Grievous, and Jango. If you thought that those three were the only ones getting double drops you must not have read the message closely.
  • Furthermore check the red box in rewards Screen....
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    This is the worst scam in gaming since Diablo Immortal.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Vohbo wrote: »
    This is the worst scam in gaming since Diablo Immortal.
    congratulations-you-played-yourself-35463334.png

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    manu2639 wrote: »
    I spent 600 cristal in mod bundle because you told us for extra GK, Grievous and Jango Fett. Instead of that we can have the useless consulary jedi, the first chewbaca..

Yes, this does sound like a CG anniversary present
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    No I didn't. I didn't buy any extra energy refreshes. I *knew* there was some evil twist involved, so I didn't prepare anything.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Vohbo wrote: »
    No I didn't. I didn't buy any extra energy refreshes. I *knew* there was some evil twist involved, so I didn't prepare anything.

Would rather they keep the 6 trash shards you get for 40 sims and use the development time for real stuff.. publish road abead or something.... make fun content lol

Edit i like free stuff just think it seems more ppl insulted or angered by the poor odds n drop rate and maybe shady wording..... was it even worth it for hard feelings....
  • I'm certainly celebrating. 4i3mnz6cghyb.png
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    I'm certainly celebrating. 4i3mnz6cghyb.png

Lol CG is AWESOME

Edit. Wish i had that good a drop rate on the mods tho sweet
  • Ededed
    43 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    StarSon wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    The text from the message clearly implied that there would be more than the three named characters as potential drops:

"In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Star Wars™: The Clone Wars, for a limited time, all Mod Battles Stage 9 nodes may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series, including General Grievous, General Kenobi and Jango Fett. These bonus shards will be available from 11/9 to 11/11."

You are literally the only person to catch that (that I have seen). Once again, CG's communication is lacking. It should have been made very clear from the start.

Edit: Also, "select" characters implies "not all", which is also not correct, based on the screenshot provided.

I read it as more than the three characters too. Though I had hoped they were breaking them up more (each node having specific characters, rather than a box that could have any of them).

This. I figured it was going to be broken up per node, not that you'd randomly get 1 of 40 possibilities to maybe drop from any node. But honestly, free stuff ain't nothing to complain about.
    Also I think the assessment that they're trying to push slicing is spot on.
    UpTheIrons
  • Wrain
    16 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    2100 energy saved up, 1 kenobi, 1 grievous, 0 Jango which is what I needed, working as intended.. Worst bonus event ever. Should have spent crystals on shipments instead.

Lesson learned. Always expect the worst from CG, not falling for their scams again :)
    Post edited by Wrain on
  • This is classical celebration
    r4ybajaniyyr.jpg
    Did you get your Chewie shards? B)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Endir wrote: »
    This is classical celebration
    r4ybajaniyyr.jpg
    Did you get your Chewie shards? B)

Yikes this is coming of as them
    Trolling us more than a “celebration”
    Maybe they are getting revenge for us daring to ask for road ahead over 1000 times...

Dont feed the trolls
  • Its not a third anniversary for the game event. Its for Clone wars being 10 years old
  • Jedi consular is not Clone Wars. That is an old Republic MMO character. If any non named Jedi are in the free rewards, that is the only slap since they are made up EA / BioWare Old Republic era toons.
  • CG surley knows how to throw a celebration party!

i´m so excited and grateful! i have to know it CG... can i also engage you as a party- or eventplanner? o:)
  • So I gotten quite a few shards on refreshes.

Number 1 drop...Clone Wars Chewie. It’s a running joke and thank you for the shard shop currency.
  • WOW I JUST DID 3 REFRESHES AND NOT 1 BOX DROPPED. So seriously why show the box and I multi sim 3 50 shard refreshes and not 1 box dropped at any time.
  • For me... And sorry if this has been mentioned, I've not read all 6 pages..

This could have easily been avoided... Or mostly avoided.

1 sim should = 1 bonus shard

Then give the different shards an equal probability to drop as there are 36.

I'm not overly bothered about this either way... As someone else said, I'm a bit sceptical about how these things turn out, so didn't prepare anything.

I just think it's a shame... An opportunity missed.
  • Cavalcade
    25 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I definitely wasn't going to spend money on the extra energy package after getting screwed over with Jango Fett drops (whoopee 10 shards for $10!) but I had ramped up around 500 in mod energy from crystal refreshes and this is what I got:

One shard of General Kenobi, one for General Grievous and absolutely no Jango Fett shards. A couple of down syndrome Jedi (who cares) and one Cad Bane and he is already maxed for me. Oh, a Genosian spy shard as well, YIPPEE!

WHAT A CELEBRATION!

It's also great to see the moderators in here doubling down on the continuous poor communication by the developers and those in charge. Did you guys dress as Sarah Huckabee Sanders for Halloween? You probably should have. The sole reason they highlighted GK, GG, and JF in their message was to entice people to buy those extra energy packages to make people think they'd legitimately get them. Despite knowing full well the odds of getting them even out of 900 mod extra energy were very slim.

Quite the crapfest. I can't wait to see if they do a holiday-themed celebration where you get Baze Malbus shards and redo his character too look like Santa. Just add a hat and make his beard white and he would be good to go. If they can get the Clone Troopers helmets, they can make Baze Malbus like Santa Claus for Christmas.
  • Its not a third anniversary for the game event. Its for Clone wars being 10 years old

QFT and

"In celebration of the 10th anniversary of Star Wars™: The Clone Wars, for a limited time, all Mod Battles Stage 9 nodes may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series, including General Grievous, General Kenobi and Jango Fett. These bonus shards will be available from 11/9 to 11/11."

But I spent also 900 on them and didn't get a single Kenobi shard ...