Galaxy Wars or Money Cow

All these tweaks to the galaxy wars over the last few weeks are unreasonable. Feels like a way of milking us for money... I don't even get half way and I'm up against zeta and g12 squads of which I have none... Come on guys, this game is supposed to be fun and a challenge not impossible and making us not bother playing...
This is the Way

Replies

• Enjoy galactic war being challenging while you can. It becomes a lot less fun once you just walk through it everyday. Eventually you will sim it.
  • AFAIK there have not been any changes made to Galacric War, the changes are in your roster. Galactic War scales up in power based on your strongest 5 characters (and yes, there will be squads stronger than you from about node 6 onwards, that is working as intended) until it hits a level approximately equal to a brand new level 85 character, then the difficulty caps out.

This isn’t to say that from day to day you won’t encounter squads that are more difficult for you personally, as you may run into teams that are hard counters to your own... but there are plenty of threads in the Galactic War sub-forum about ways to get through GW easier.

Hang in there, it does eventually get better!
  • True, for a time it is unreasonable, but after completion, and you will, it becomes nothing, like, a daily painful challenge to just the press of a button, over, all collected in 5 seconds.
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    AFAIK there have not been any changes made to Galacric War, the changes are in your roster. Galactic War scales up in power based on your strongest 5 characters (and yes, there will be squads stronger than you from about node 6 onwards, that is working as intended) until it hits a level approximately equal to a brand new level 85 character, then the difficulty caps out.

This isn’t to say that from day to day you won’t encounter squads that are more difficult for you personally, as you may run into teams that are hard counters to your own... but there are plenty of threads in the Galactic War sub-forum about ways to get through GW easier.

Hang in there, it does eventually get better!

Yes typically it gets harder from 6 on, but not always. The last galactic war that I had to do before I was able to sim it had a zeta Revan Jedi squad in the fourth spot. A cls, OT Chewie, and raid han. The last one was the easiest of them all since it was just an all g12 clone wars chewie led team. But it’s not always right at the 6th level
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Natetiffer wrote: »
    All these tweaks to the galaxy wars over the last few weeks are unreasonable. Feels like a way of milking us for money...

Which tweaks?

(Hint: There has been no changes to GW recently).

• Something did happen to Galactic War a little over a month ago. These crazy overpowered teams in a random (not usually difficult) node were not happening before then. My family has several hundred GW completions between all of us and we did not start seeing this happen before then. Since there is no updates to GW in any patch notes, we can't know exactly when it happened. But we made it from April until October without seeing it on any account. It still doesn't happen all the time, as my most recent GW had zero OP squads from a GP perspective. That finely tuned Phoenix squad I faced on node 11 was within the proper range once I checked their GP.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    BucMan55 wrote: »
    Since there is no updates to GW in any patch notes, we can't know exactly when it happened.

Or it would suggest, that nothing changed. If players would document and report strange/buggy experiences on the correct forum instead of simply complaining about it here, there would be a better chance of CG investigating - or responding to the bug report(s).

• Waqui wrote: »
    Since there is no updates to GW in any patch notes, we can't know exactly when it happened.

Or it would suggest, that nothing changed. If players would document and report strange/buggy experiences on the correct forum instead of simply complaining about it here, there would be a better chance of CG investigating - or responding to the bug report(s).

They have been. The threads started in early October about this phenomenon. But as we aren't sure it is a bug, I will go ahead and submit one to the bug report forum. I guess most here were under the impression that the issue would be taken up in the GW feedback forum.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

They have been. The threads started in early October about this phenomenon. But as we aren't sure it is a bug, I will go ahead and submit one to the bug report forum. I guess most here were under the impression that the issue would be taken up in the GW feedback forum.

Please document and report it. That's the best way forward. Multiple posts and complaints does not make it a proven bug — especially given the ... 'quality' of some of the complaints.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Please document and report it. That's the best way forward. Multiple posts and complaints does not make it a proven bug — especially given the ... 'quality' of some of the complaints.

Perhaps a megathread type thing with documented power of the team you are facing, what node it is, their metrics(stars, abilities, gear, etc), your roster sorted by GP with perhaps your top 5 metrics as well.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Perhaps a megathread type thing with documented power of the team you are facing, what node it is, their metrics(stars, abilities, gear, etc), your roster sorted by GP with perhaps your top 5 metrics as well.

If the goal is to change anything, then yes, it's better than this type of discussions.
  • I get that the battles increase in strength through the nodes but when you can't get passed node 2 or 3 is a bit tough. And when I say updates I don't mean the monthly ones. I just noticed the days when the nodes seem to get tougher were days when there were patches applied... Maybe I'm just being over sensitive lol

I appreciate all of your feedback...

If I come across anything else I will report through the bug process as suggested.
    This is the Way
  • Thanks to the SWGOH team for fixing the tiny little bug 🐛🐛🐛🐛😁😁😁😁
    This is the Way