CG strikes again... Celebration??!!

Replies

• we were told 'may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series'.

People should understand the word 'may' is huge here and indicates there is no promise of anything whatsoever. The whole thing about who you could potentially get could to me personally was obvious, and the fact you could see the possibilities before you decided to spent your energy is fine. If you're not happy with whats on offer then spend your energy in other places. People will always find a way to moan when they aren't given the best stuff for free on a game that has a huge pay to play side to it.

Call it what you like but end of the day this is straight up gambling, no other way around it. You are spending your energy and hoping to get a good reward with no guarantee of anything, doesn't matter about the odds of winning. People will always get upset when they gamble and lose. This is not CG's fault, this is how gambling works.
  • Tanzos
    219 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    So there's a lot wrong with this whole thing. First off it says "Select characters featured in the animated series"

Select refers to not every character from the show so here's who is missing (Non-Legendary):

Luminara
    Nigjsister Acolyte
    Nightsisters Zombie
    Talia
    Old Daka
    Nightsisters Initiate
    Bossk
    Darth Sidious
    Savage
    IG-86

But there are some characters not featured in the "Animated Series" in the box:

Zam Wessell
    Jedi Consular
    Geo Spy
    Sun Face
    Jedi Knight Guardian
    Jango Fett

However things get weird because the actual box itself says "Possible characters from CLONE WARS ERA". Clone Wars era is a lot different than "animated series"

So here's who should not be included if it's "Clone Wars Era":

Qui-Gon
    Zam? (She died before then but could consider her as part of the Era)

And for characters that are missing who are Clone Wars Era are the same as before.

In conclusion it's all wacky. They throw "Animated Series" and "Clone Wars Era" around interchangeably. If they're going off of "Clone Wars Era" everything checks out except Qui-gon. But that's not what was stated in the message to us, it's "Animated Series".

Now my thoughts. I too thought it was only GK, GG and Jango. I misinterpreted and that's on me not reading harder...

However, if they did only have GK, GG, and Jango as the 3 bonus characters, literally everyone would be happy about it and people would actually spend money on packs for all 3 days, not just the one before.

Why not just make us happier AND entice us to spend more BECAUSE it's actually worth it? It's a really lame celebration for probably a good amount of players. Yes it is free, but it's a let down... again.

P.S. Seriously why is Luminara missing???
  • SCOED wrote: »
    After reading this post I wonder why some people even play judging how unhappy they all sound with the game.

Addiction is a powerful thing.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    JohnLove11 wrote: »
    we were told 'may also award bonus shards for select characters featured in the animated series'.

People should understand the word 'may' is huge here and indicates there is no promise of anything whatsoever. The whole thing about who you could potentially get could to me personally was obvious, and the fact you could see the possibilities before you decided to spent your energy is fine. If you're not happy with whats on offer then spend your energy in other places. People will always find a way to moan when they aren't given the best stuff for free on a game that has a huge pay to play side to it.

Call it what you like but end of the day this is straight up gambling, no other way around it. You are spending your energy and hoping to get a good reward with no guarantee of anything, doesn't matter about the odds of winning. People will always get upset when they gamble and lose. This is not CG's fault, this is how gambling works.

Lol
  • I think some of the frustration stems from the fact that many assume (yes, I know what that does) that since drop rates in all other forms of the game are 30-33%, as shown by those users who have actually collected and tracked data. It is CLEAR that ANY shard drop (regardless as to whether or not you wish to bemoan the fact that it's JKGuardian or GG) from the Mod Battles is not anywhere near that good. Most people are reporting an average of about 1 shard per refresh. Even at the highest energy levels, that's around 10%.

Rather than allowing the shard drop rate to be consistent, CG either feels the need to use our own presumptions regarding previous drop rates against us, or simply keep us in the dark about the change. That, combined with some confusion (which really isn't an issue, as you can click on the box and see the characters that might drop) has lead to more mistrust. Which is fair, imho.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JohnLove11
    153 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Lol

You laugh but am i actually wrong? You probably dont think that because this is a game that im right but its the same with loot boxes on games like overwatch/BF2, packs on fifa ultimate team. You can spend your own money on an event with an uncertain outcome, which is gambling. Theres a huge thing on it at the moment if you google it.

If you're moaning that this is a terrible 'celebration' then this doesnt really apply but this is aimed at those who are saying, 'not a single kenobi shard after 2 billion energy' and 'wow this is great for my shard shop...' etc
  • So ~2600 Modenergy saved(bought the Energypacks last Time and this Time,plus refreshes) gave me 1shard jango,1shard gg,1shard GK &~500 shardshop currency!
    Even if the discription for the event maybe right from a legal Point of View,ist absolutly Not right from a moral Point of View!As it is clearly written in such a way to ,,trick,, players into buying packs,refreshes...
    Another unethic Move from cg/ea!
    Shame on us,,Tools,, for falling in on that once again!Some things will never change!!!
  • LukeDukem8
    607 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The answer is very simple. Expect nothing and you will never be dissapointed. I finally learned this lesson and all the bad feelings and ill will has stopped.
  • LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    The answer is very simple. Expect nothing and you will never be dissapointed. I finally learned this lesson and all the bad feelings and ill will has stopped.

Very true and probably what we should all do, however their solution is simple too. Communicate better and there's less disappointment.

I wonder if they mentioned the details on how this celebration was going to work in their Road Ahead statement... oh wait.
  • Guys, this is a huge celebration!!! B)

1 We got Clones helmets!!
    2 We got duplicate shards we dont need to buy a grievous that is just a aesthetic char after saying we would get jango, grievous and gk shards!
    3 We can see or use 3 normally useless chars that will temporarily be allowed to be fun in TW until the end of the month!!!!
    4 - we dont know anything of the road ahead for what, like 3 weeks now - no post, no video, no nothing! Are you guys alive?

How come youre not SUPER excited about this anniversary!!!!?
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    j57vhij8i3ii.png
    Dreams come true, they can happen to you. Also what's the big deal. This highly improbable outcome is only a day or two of progress farming the single hard node he'll go to, so why are people hoarding mod energy, complaining and getting all frustrated? The game is a long farm. The whole game, that's why we play. Get over variance and be happy for free stuff.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • All we hear from CG is that programming take resources. Time, manpower etc. The larger issue is that they wasted resources on this event that could have been spent adding real value to the game experience. As players we have to manage resources to get the most out of the game. Or throw more money at it. It would be nice if the people in charge would do the same. This event is the equivalent of a player spending resources to get CUP to g12 and ignoring his Sith squad that needs the same gear.
  • Egoprime
    10 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm big sci-fi fan and besides playing SWGOH I'we have been playing STO (Star Trek Online) for 7 years. Those guys know how to celebrate anniversaries. Each year you get for full week special events to play, free FTP ship with good stats, and numerous other mid and high tier equipment. Not to mention their good communication with tens of thousand players and fans.

This is My first anniversary in SWGOH and so far is beyond lame. And how many players are playing this game? 100 K? 200 K? I can just say that CG is acting very unprofessional regarding announcements and organizing community. And we all know SW fans are most fanatical, and most picky of them all. They punished Disney on box office for making lame SW movies I believe same could happen here in future if CG continues on this unprofessional path.

Don't they understand they livelihood comes from players?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    pccxpeszwde7.jpg
    hvcmav6y128y.jpg
    bt0uojytwb4p.jpg
    I'm very happy with my results for free
  • We all know by now that the bonus drops are hardly ever something that provides consistency, however that is not my gripe with this specific bonus drop event.
    In the initial announcement sent to everyone's inbox, we were informed that General Grevious, General Kenobi and Jango Fett shards would be available. Although some additional character additions were to be expected, I can't help but feel disappointed at the fact that they added the entirety of two different factions into these bonus drops without as much as a hint to suggest that this would be the case.
    For months now, CG have been "focusing" on bringing clear and concise information to the player base and this announcement feels like another failure in that regard, in a string of recent announcement failures after the fact of deciding to be more clear and concise.
    Anyone agree with this? Disagree? Let me know your thoughts.
  • For months now, CG have been "focusing" on bringing clear and concise information to the player base

Talk is cheap. What they say and what they do are two different things.
  • I do not see the reason for complaint. It is free shards. Same goes with daily login bonus. Regardless of what you get you get it for free. I wish it was better free things but hey its free.
  • j57vhij8i3ii.png
    Dreams come true, they can happen to you.

tenor.gif?itemid=8634649

• I wouldn't find it such a problem had they made a point that all separatist and galactic republic toons would be available in the announcement of these bonus drops. The fact that this information was left out is what bothers me, especially since they've been on the hype of being open about upcoming events and providing accurate information regarding these events.
    It's more the fact that this announcement, along with a few others over the span of 2018, almost runs against their promise to be clearer when making announcements. It's poor business practice and while I can see NOW that the event includes a bunch of other characters, it was not efficiently explained in the given announcement at the time imo.
    There is a response to this post that I really agree with and that is that CG could have made players happier (as well as CG's wallets) by having it be exclusively these 3 characters. Yes it's still a gamble, but with a more limited pool of characters they know people want, for CG that could have been a nice revenue boost for these 48 hours and would also prove their supposed agenda of clear information

• LeetoQui78 wrote: »
    As predicted the drop rate is ridiculously terrible. Yay, 'celebration'!

The drop rate is beyond terrible, I did 12 battles and only got two shards
  • Free LOL.

I like many other's only "skimmed" the message and assumed it was only those 3 and got <gasp> excited.

That should have been my 1st clue that what I had read or thought I read wasn't true. This isn't really any kind of celebration, its just kind of sad. I have been slicing so it's no skin off my back, but honestly just say there are 30 characters you can pull and 3 of those might be GG, GK, or JF.

I really hope they have a little more planned, and honestly they probably do for the 3 year anniversary of the game, i for one would like the same as last year. 20 zeta mats was a pretty nice, gift.

As for the Clone Wars stuff, I do like the changes to Mace and the others, but it would have been nice to also apply those buff to Territory Battles so people could have earned a few more rewards, so far the Clone Wars celebration has been a complete bust, the clone troopers look cool in their helmets but being a very sub par faction there is no reason at all to use them in game.

Really CG, give us something to be excited about, its not that hard really.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Stuff like this shouldn’t be an event, it should be a normal part of the game. A game of this magnitude calling this an “event” is laughable at the very least, and disrespectful to the players at worst.
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    It's a kind gesture when we get anything for free although I think that if you're gonna do it, you might as well do it right. Even 1 shard that you weren't supposed to get is technically a gain over no shards so thanks, but the drops are pretty laughable that it make me wonder if that was worth doing it
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    no complaints here. I like free things, even shards of chars I don't have maxed and aren't gonna use
  • My 2 cents for what it's worth:

I read it as those 3 (GG,JF, GK) only on my first read and while I have 2 of them 7 starred already I was kind of excited of the possibility of JF. To find out otherwise was disappointing. Looking back at the message I'd just have to say that you shouldn't have to dissect a message to understand it's meaning. We're not playing clue here. It should be clear and an organization as large as they are has people draft these messages that are not illiterate fools. These are articulate and smart people (we've interacted with them on threads wen they show up) That leads me to believe that the way it was worded was intentional. I mean maybe I'm wrong, but given past events and situations I lean towards intentional and how could anyone not think this. They clearly see us debating it here and has an official post gone out apologizing for the confusion? Maybe it has and I missed it, but even if one comes out later today, by then it's just damage control and they likely don't mean it, but I doubt we'll even see that. If they meant it they would have communicated right away.

Anyways intent aside, as this can be argued either way and all we can do is speculate, let's say we give them the benefit of doubt and move beyond that point. The rewards/event is garbage. I see people logging in praising that it's free stuff and better than nothing, but honestly just barely. Here's a comparison. Let's say someone gives you a "free" bag of trash. I mean there's plenty of stuff in the bag, maybe even some soda cans you can get a 5 cent deposit back on, maybe some bits of string you can use on a project and likely plenty of paper with some open space on it that you can still write on all with food slop and stuff stuck to all of it. Are you excited? I mean what if someone told you ahead of time they had something for you? Are you grateful? I mean I guess that's relative given your situation in life, but I think there's few here who greatly benefit from this bonanza of fun they've bestowed upon us. Nute Gunray is a bit of string with left over spaghetti sauce all over it.
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    9 simulations, 0 drops. Refresh. Zero drops. Can't laugh at the drops if there wasn't any.
  • Literally nothing makes the players happy.

Clone Helmets
    Revan
    Bonus drops
    Glitch rewards
    Server issue rewards...

You're getting the same great drop rates on mod salvage and character shards added in. I've spent about 2 refreshes so far on Stage 9 and received about 5 shards (2 Kenobi too!). Better than the 0 I got for several months when there weren't bonus drops.