Which ship should I use in Fleet Arena?

I currently have Biggs in my lineup, but I'm wondering if I should switch it for Hounds Tooth. My Biggs is Gear 8, and my Bossk is Gear 12. But Biggs X-wing is 7* and the Hounds tooth is at 3*.

https://swgoh.gg/p/626728334/

Which ship should I use in Fleet Arena? 37 votes

****'s X-Wing
27%
BulYwifTrystan_SpyderRon_ONeal35RoxxasTheBatmanJppcXxDougyDougyxXDarthKoonEdededRoope_immortal 10 votes
Hound's Tooth
72%
SarcodinoUgnaughtDarthZannaHRavenclawsfloppytechieKyJoe_CoolKillbot5000stoopid_oneDarthMufasa4Stud3099FreydwenNikWolverMstrefe1JarvindVendi1983DaPowerfulJediwaxweazle01CaptainFizzshadow87654Roopehunter 27 votes

Replies

• Don't know why it starred out the answer. Oh well. It's Biggs.
  • ****'s X-Wing
    Not sure why the other guys are recommending a 3* HT over a 7* Biggs - maybe they're in your shard and looking for an easier kill.

Biggs actually has some offensive potential - and since his taunt is TL based he can be taunting before the enemy takes a turn. His protection is also actually recovered by TL, so it has to be removed by damage.

Houndstooth only gains taunt once he uses his special. And his ship is SLOW - so a fast opponent is going to be shredding your other ships before HT lands his taunt. Also - while his stacking protection is a great bullet sponge, it's easily dispelled/blocked and then he's left exposed to heavy hitters.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    To that last point, it's especially weak at 3*.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Hound's Tooth
    I removed 7* biggs, replaced with 3* hounds tooth and went from dropping from 120s to 180s, to only dropping a few places.
    3* hounds tooth is superior.

As far as the special, hounds tooth can use it on the 1st turn.
  • ****'s X-Wing
    I removed 7* biggs, replaced with 3* hounds tooth and went from dropping from 120s to 180s, to only dropping a few places.

I'm glad you're enjoying the break due to the aura HT has. I hope you're upgrading it though - people will eventually figure out this ship can be killed and then that bubble is going to pop.

HT isn't numerically superior - especially at 3* vs 7*. My 7* Biggs has over 140k health + prot, and gets more every time someone inflicts TL. My HT (even at 4*) 115k combined. It's slower, and hits like a wet noodle. If your opponent is hitting it with a lot of ineffective attacks and you're stacking tons of protection, congrats. Your HT is going to hold like a champ. But if people are fighting HT using the tools that are effective against it, well, yeah.

Comparison:
    7* HT (7* zzBossk G12) - 138 speed, 89776 health, 72631 protection, 6858 damage
    7* Biggs (7* Biggs G12) - 170 speed, 80410 health, 60970 protection, 8170 damage

At max levels HT is the more durable tank, but it's slow and doesn't hit as hard. Not to mention those stats reflect an investment of 2 zetas on Bossk.

As far as the special - yeah, he can. Once he goes. Biggs can get taunt in the opening volley of the match, because he doesn't (thankfully) rely on landing his own attack to gain taunt.
  • Hound's Tooth
    I have both. Hounds tooth is the better option despite having only 3 stars. Both fall prey to healing blocks and such but Biggs only regains protection from Target lock unless you have vader it can be very RNG dependent. Hounds tooth can also counter the Geo fleets unlike biggs
  • Hound's Tooth

I'm glad you're enjoying the break due to the aura HT has. I hope you're upgrading it though - people will eventually figure out this ship can be killed and then that bubble is going to pop.

HT isn't numerically superior - especially at 3* vs 7*. My 7* Biggs has over 140k health + prot, and gets more every time someone inflicts TL. My HT (even at 4*) 115k combined. It's slower, and hits like a wet noodle. If your opponent is hitting it with a lot of ineffective attacks and you're stacking tons of protection, congrats. Your HT is going to hold like a champ. But if people are fighting HT using the tools that are effective against it, well, yeah.

Comparison:
    7* HT (7* zzBossk G12) - 138 speed, 89776 health, 72631 protection, 6858 damage
    7* Biggs (7* Biggs G12) - 170 speed, 80410 health, 60970 protection, 8170 damage

At max levels HT is the more durable tank, but it's slow and doesn't hit as hard. Not to mention those stats reflect an investment of 2 zetas on Bossk.

As far as the special - yeah, he can. Once he goes. Biggs can get taunt in the opening volley of the match, because he doesn't (thankfully) rely on landing his own attack to gain taunt.

I run ht as backup. Sunfac as a 1st tank. By the time sunfac dies, ht is out and instant special attack.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Hound's Tooth
    Hounds tooth is hands down superior. Throw cads ship in with it and even the best strategy is hard to keep him from getting taunt...I have great success running ht, tie advance,slave one with xandu blood my first reinforcement. Take at least 2nd for sure in every payout
  • Hound's Tooth
    I would say Biggs but hes gear 8. And I dont think its worth gearing him up just for fleet battles where long term youre gonna farm houndstooth anyway.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    ****'s X-Wing
    I prefer to fight a 3* HT than a 7* Biggs X-Wing. This protection recovery is harder to get rid of than the protection up of HT. HT is kind of Nest for ships, when you know how to do, it's not so hard to get rid of it, especially when people run 2 tanks.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    I prefer to fight a 3* HT than a 7* Biggs X-Wing. This protection recovery is harder to get rid of than the protection up of HT. HT is kind of Nest for ships, when you know how to do, it's not so hard to get rid of it, especially when people run 2 tanks.
    Now imagine when the Hounds Tooth reaches 7* with a 7* Bossk pilot. Still prefer that to Biggs?
  • I use both and take first every day. If you get HT Biggs/Sun Fac out your attacking ships should remain protected.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »
    Now imagine when the Hounds Tooth reaches 7* with a 7* Bossk pilot. Still prefer that to Biggs?

Read the OP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ****'s X-Wing
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »

Depends on the rest of your fleet and your opponent, naturally.
  • I removed 7* biggs, replaced with 3* hounds tooth and went from dropping from 120s to 180s, to only dropping a few places.

3* is superior in 120s not top 5 lol

• Thanks for all the help. I'll start using my HT and see how high I can climb.
  • ****'s X-Wing
    I place top 5 every day with Biggs, HT is just too slow to put in the starting lineup. I run Tarkin as my capital ship so if I get an ability block with the AoE, their HT just sits there being useless for another turn. If they bring HT in as a reinforcement under Tarkin, his retribution actually makes my Biggs invincible if I can TL him because he dispels it every time he counters, but Vader just instantly reapplies it which heals Biggs.
  • Hound's Tooth
    I have a theory as to why "Biggs" is censored.

B is right next to N.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Hound's Tooth
    TheBatman wrote: »
    I place top 5 every day with Biggs, HT is just too slow to put in the starting lineup. I run Tarkin as my capital ship so if I get an ability block with the AoE, their HT just sits there being useless for another turn. If they bring HT in as a reinforcement under Tarkin, his retribution actually makes my Biggs invincible if I can TL him because he dispels it every time he counters, but Vader just instantly reapplies it which heals Biggs.

Good luck getting an ability block to stick on ht if he isn't taunting lol...haven't had one stick on him yet since I started using him when he came out. Combine his tenacity with synergy from bh ships and it's no contest who is better. Nothing more fun that boba cad bossk and ig88 counterattacking every attack and watching the enemy fleet self destruct