Road ahead ?

Replies

• Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    image0.gif

that was better than mine

If we just keep quoting each other, we can get a wall of Johnny T.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Or not
  • 5jsqhu8dbv2s.gif

we can
  • Germi wrote: »
    image0.gif

Best gif of the thread !!!

A guy named shnooks made it. I hear if we keep on posting gifs, the spirit of community directors past will envelop the forums and CG may give us info
  • Whilst I am eagerly waiting for the Road Ahead (like many others); what I actually want is out Community Manager to be online, and do some Community Management.
  • Germi wrote: »
    image0.gif

Best gif of the thread !!!

A guy named shnooks made it. I hear if we keep on posting gifs, the spirit of community directors past will envelop the forums and CG may give us info

zip ties are his favorite thing while waiting for the Road Ahead
  • I expect this to get removed pretty quickly, but still wanted to share my thoughts:

As October was coming to a close, I think many of us had ideas (some more educated than others) about what was going to be coming to the game in November. However, I think it is now fairly evident that CG's timeline got severely screwed up.

Some supporting evidence would be:

Road Ahead post was due out in October

Server connectivity issues prior to the heavily forewarned Server Maintenance 30Oct18 (which required a server down time prior to 30Oct18), and then continued server connectivity issues

Game Changers lost their test server access (due to leaks? possibly, but more likely because CG knew what was on, or what was to be on, the test servers was nowhere near ready for even the Game Changers to play with)

The terrible rush job of getting the TW character bonuses information out to us, in which they said "there will be two other characters who get bonuses so stay tuned" but the QA/QC check on that didn't think to check that we could already see TW event in Guild cantina.

The timing of the rollout messages (and lack thereof) regarding the TW changes and JKA ship was terribly off

This absolutely ridiculous Clone Wars Era lottery pack in the mod battles

There is more, but let's get to the call to action part

These bumps/delays happen, I have had it happen to me in my work as a project manager. But I know that I have to answer to someone when things go awry, and it is obvious, and frustrating, that CG has no intention to answer to us, the player base, about what happened. What they will do, as they have done in times past, will be to give us things to "hopefully" look forward to, but give no explanation as to what happened, or as to why the timeline got shifted.

I believe that one of the many reasons this "Mobile" game has survived as long as it has (outside of it being Star Wars ZOMG!) is that the community managers had done a satisfactory job of engaging the player base. However, since the Jedi Knight Revan event concluded, CG has been very quiet; if not Silent.

If anyone from CG reads this, I would encourage you to let us know what happened, or at the very least, when we can expect to hear from you.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    While waiting on the road ahead why not have a dating commercial
    Date.png
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    image0.gif

can I copy it?
    While waiting on the road ahead why not have a dating commercial
    Date.png
    zsyupi0790h4.jpeg

• yohann269
    375 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    If only we had a way to communicate with the people who could answer these pressing questions.....
  • ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ Summon the road ahead ༼ つ ◕◕ ༽つ
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    If only we had a way to communicate with the people who could answer these pressing questions.....

If there was only a place where players and devs could interact. A place where we could talk about the game.

If there was only a place where players and devs could interact. A place where we could talk about the game.

You would think, at this point there would be. Maybe Reddit?
  • Gaming-fans.com maybe. That's where the calendar gets posted after all... so that has to be more official than this forum....

Maybe, if only there was a position created to directly communicate between CG and us...

Maybe, if only there was a position created to directly communicate between CG and us...

That's a really good idea. Someone should write a letter to CG asking for someone in such a position. At the same time ask about the Road Ahead
  • TilasSL wrote: »
    Game Changers lost their test server access (due to leaks? possibly, but more likely because CG knew what was on, or what was to be on, the test servers was nowhere near ready for even the Game Changers to play with)

The terrible rush job of getting the TW character bonuses information out to us, in which they said "there will be two other characters who get bonuses so stay tuned" but the QA/QC check on that didn't think to check that we could already see TW event in Guild cantina.

If we’re going the speculation route... I’m guessing the game changers lost test server access because of location test held near the end of October. If the on-site testers were testing features of an updated client, but the developers didn’t want the game changers to get that (incomplete) client yet, that would fit the pattern here.

For TW bonuses, the blog post was originally dated Friday, October 26th, which would have been before any TW was in the client, so something probably went wrong the week of the 22nd that stopped the update from going out on time.
  • Let’s not be crazy now?!? Devs... communicating directly with players who are hundreds/thousands of miles away ?!? Such technology does not exist.
  • Let’s not be crazy now?!? Devs... communicating directly with players who are hundreds/thousands of miles away ?!? Such technology does not exist.

that's absurd! who has that tech in 2018?!
  • Waiting IS the hardest part...seriously...

I've started my signal fire so we can send out the smoke signals. Hope everyone remembers Morse code
    Let’s not be crazy now?!? Devs... communicating directly with players who are hundreds/thousands of miles away ?!? Such technology does not exist.

I've started my signal fire so we can send out the smoke signals. Hope everyone remembers Morse code

Gondor calls for aid and Rohan will answer!
    Let’s not be crazy now?!? Devs... communicating directly with players who are hundreds/thousands of miles away ?!? Such technology does not exist.

nltb4toypmcg.jpg
  • Yotommy wrote: »

nltb4toypmcg.jpg

Not From an Admin!
  • At this point they should release two roads ahead
  • Strubz wrote: »
    At this point they should release two roads ahead

We will finally get it on Dec 31st It will be the Road Behind and The Road ahead! followed by the road less traveled.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member

I've heard of someting called http://discordapp.com/
    Maybe it could be a solution
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection

I've heard of someting called http://discordapp.com/
    Maybe it could be a solution

perhaps, but i also hear it's a good place to discuss pickles.
This discussion has been closed.