Grand Arena Megathread

Prev134567105
CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited December 2018
Hi Holotable Heroes,

Grand Arena was recently announced in the Road Ahead and we will be posting a ton more information about it in the future. Similar to the Mods 2.0 Megathread, follow this thread for all posts and details related to the Grand Arena

What is Grand Arena
At the beginning of the Grand Arena Event, you’ll be matched with 7 other players from across the game who have a Galactic Power score very similar to your own. In the first round, you’ll be matched up against a random player from your group to essentially fight a mini-Territory War. You’ll then set up defenses to defend your own territories, as well as attack your opponent's territories in an attempt to overcome their defenses. You’ll earn banners for successfully attacking and defeating an opponent’s territory, as well as defending your own territory. At the end of the battle, whoever has earned the most banners will be the winner.

Each round, you’ll be matched with other players who have the same win/loss record as you, and you’ll never fight the same opponent twice in a Grand Arena event. You’ll earn special rewards after each offensive battle you complete, at the end of each of the 3 rounds, and a final set of rewards at the end of the event based on your standing in the 8-player group.

Latest Info:
Previous Posts:
Post edited by CG_SBCrumb on

Replies

• give us Jabba shards as the reward and I'm in. Otherwise, meh
    Retired profile of the leader of Dark KøR. He is now a Max Content Force Wraith, constantly feeling the presence of the content, seeking to provide maximum content to every customer still playing this game.
  • This sounds really cool!! Thank you devs.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    I'm on board for this 100%
  • I'd buy that for a dollar...
  • Well I'm glad you have decided to make ANOTHER game feature that equates to best speed mods = win!
  • This sounds really awesome. For anyone that likes TW this is exciting. @CG_SBCrumb any more info on potential prizes?
  • I hope the player matching algorithm is better than the guild TW algorithm.
  • Why the idea seems neat, with the bugs in previous content releases, I’m not hopeful for a clean release. I just hope they beta test this to its fullest before they test it on us players.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Prizes include GK, Jango and GG.

Prizes are limited to a 2.7% chance to drop a single shard of a (sort of) CW-related toon, of which there is a 1% chance of getting one of the useful ones.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Hard to say whether or not it will be good until we actually get our hands on it. I could easily see this eventually become in something very fun or super annoying depending on if it's a daily, weekly, or monthly thing.
  • prizes include 8* mace windu reworked
  • Yet another time-sink, in a game that already requires way too much time.
  • This sounds really awesome. For anyone that likes TW this is exciting. @CG_SBCrumb any more info on potential prizes?
    Not yet but there will definitely be something cool for players in Grand Arena
    FolsomTony wrote: »
    I hope the player matching algorithm is better than the guild TW algorithm.
    We have been working on this exact issue. It will be very important for matchmaker to feel even and fair for this mode.
    Also TW's algorithm is being reexamined as well.
  • Man. I feel kinda let down. Not what I was looking forward too.
  • Don’t like the initial sound of it — sounds like the Grand Whale Arena. But only time will tell.
  • Interesting. Will hold judgment for now. Slightly underwhelming but still got me a little hyped, especially about payouts. Hoping the original trilogy characters is a hint at Jedi Luke.
  • Don’t like the initial sound of it — sounds like the Grand Whale Arena. But only time will tell.

Why? You meet people on same GP...
  • If crystals are rewards. Great.

If its stupid mk4 carbanti... pass
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    This is great news. I like how you are matched with similar people with similar win/loss ratio so its not one-sided and fun. Sure, losers will still whine but its more about singular individual strategy and strength of faction development

Dont sound.
    Its exactly this.
  • Grand Arena sound aweful. Just another lets see who has the best mods fest, to me. Think I'll pass. How about a mod rework where we choose which secondary to upgrade, now I would be all over that.
  • dalosto147 wrote: »
    Don’t like the initial sound of it — sounds like the Grand Whale Arena. But only time will tell.

Dont sound.
    Its exactly this.

How so? Meeting a whale in your range will be an advantage. They probably have inflated GP due to. many more 7* and less mods...
  • Can we be matched with guildies in this mode?
  • In guild battles would be so fun because then you could test who was the best person in your guild.
    I make character kits! Ask me and I will try my best to make one for fun.
  • Super excited for this!
  • VallejoMach
    39 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Immediate concern is, how much time per day is this going to take? I took it easy last week and my screen time was down 37% to just 3.5 hours per day...amazingly, and perhaps disturbingly, that's not even an exaggeration.

Point is, for a mobile game there's already some fairly hefty time commitments involved in the game if you're part of an active guild. Has this been considered? What about offsetting time required with some QoL shortcuts elsewhere to compensate?

• Sounds good really cant understand the negative coments. But this is the internet after all

I dont understand the negative comments either.