The Road Ahead: 11/09/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Yotommy wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Yotommy wrote: »
    Clone Wars Hype > More KOTOR toons
    Ha! Let’s celebrate the clone wars with some Kotor toons! Brilliant! *GG runs and cries in the corner of his capital ship.

*Un-Favourites GG & Removes Galactic Republic ships from Fleet Team**

This. Among other letdowns.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    dalosto147 wrote: »
    A Whale arena and more marquee toons.
    All for money.
    Ridiculous.
    You didn't read? Grouped with similar GP that have the same win/loss ratio

• At least there is a high chance we get carth Onasi!

Anyways OG character should be Jabba.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    One of the most requested features (changing your po time) is coming and people are mad because GG isn't mentioned?

I just can't even.

Exactly my thoughts....
  • Ultra wrote: »
    All for money.
    Ridiculous.

You’ve been around long enough to know better.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Seems like this could have been posted on time. Not much listed really. Meh. Sounds like more marquees. Yawn.
    Ultra wrote: »
    RE: PAYOUT TIME CHANGE

its twice per year... can you clarify? Calendar year or Two Time Zone changes every 12 months after the first time zone change?
    Madpup wrote: »
    So are we now on a new 3 month window to get the next road ahead, is it still coming at the beginning of January, or is everything just going to be a free for all for now on? With this particular road ahead being super late based on past comments from Carrie, now would be a good time to again lay out when we should expect to see these road ahead moving forward.
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Does the payout change apply to your entire game clock, meaning bonus energy changes as well?
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Reading it again......what was the big hold up? No explanation, just hope we forget?

Any Q & A sessions planned??

These are very important qs
  • Seems like this could have been posted on time. Not much listed really. Meh. Sounds like more marquees. Yawn.

problem is not the marquee event, but when they becaome farmable..nothing in arena/gw/ ship shop...
  • dalosto147 wrote: »
    TLDR:
    All for money.
    Ridiculous.

Whales vs whales maybe
  • I don’t feel the games going in the right direction with this road ahead... but I’ll give it a chance.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kinda hard to be a whale arena when playing same GP players....if the one player has inferior toons that is on them.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    Sounds like more marquees. Yawn.
    Do you want more ancient journeys instead?

Marquees aren't bad, and I don't get the marquee hate
  • Xaresacex wrote: »
    I don’t feel the games going in the right direction with this road ahead... but I’ll give it a chance.

I sure hope you’re wrong. I’m getting the same feeling. How do you hype up clone war stuff and all you do is clone helmets and a really horrendous bonus shard dropping plan. Community has been screaming for a GG rework.
  • Kreontas
    220 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Can you please clarify whether changing arena payout also changes ship payout(I assume it would) and bonus energy/daily reset times?
    Also clarify if it’s twice a calendar year or twice in a 12 month period?
  • Timezone change is awesome and a long time coming. This is a great change that will positively affect so many players.
    All for money.
    Ridiculous.

You’ve been around long enough to know better.

I don't get this. If I'm matched with a whale in my GP RANGE it is likely an ADVANTAGE since I've been farming mods hella lot longer than him. Equals better teams overall.
  • Madpup wrote: »
    So are we now on a new 3 month window to get the next road ahead, is it still coming at the beginning of January, or is everything just going to be a free for all for now on? With this particular road ahead being super late based on past comments from Carrie, now would be a good time to again lay out when we should expect to see these road ahead moving forward.
    The Road Ahead is timed around EA’s quarters so no, it won’t get pushed back permanently. This one was late for a few reasons, one was the timing of Revan, we wanted the focus to be on him (and I had a vision of recreating the famous PlayStation press conference where the whole announcement was “$299” but with “Revan” - but Crumb’s cipher was way cooler.)

But there were other reasons around some changes to the material and personal ones that meant I didn’t get to it in the time I would have preferred.

All that is to say, you should still expect the next Road Ahead inside the beginning part of the next quarter (January - give or take some holiday related delays) and everything announced here pertains to the next two months, which is also why it doesn’t include info about things we’ve already done this quarter.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • P.O. time change is quite possibly the worst idea I've ever heard.
  • Wow. Did you actually need to highlight my payout hour?
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    The Road Ahead is timed around EA’s quarters so no, it won’t get pushed back permanently. This one was late for a few reasons, one was the timing of Revan, we wanted the focus to be on him (and I had a vision of recreating the famous PlayStation press conference where the whole announcement was “$299” but with “Revan” - but Crumb’s cipher was way cooler.)

But there were other reasons around some changes to the material and personal ones that meant I didn’t get to it in the time I would have preferred.

All that is to say, you should still expect the next Road Ahead inside the beginning part of the next quarter (January - give or take some holiday related delays) and everything announced here pertains to the next two months, which is also why it doesn’t include info about things we’ve already done this quarter.

That answers my questions. I am satisfied with my care.

its twice per year... can you clarify? Calendar year or Two Time Zone changes every 12 months after the first time zone change?
    You will be given two time change tokens. You can use them at any time you like, twice in a row, or wait until daylight savings comes. Or never. Your choice.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • TVF wrote: »
    One of the most requested features (changing your po time) is coming and people are mad because GG isn't mentioned?

I just can't even.

You mean the most requested rework of all time in this game since they started doing reworks....
    Of course people are mad about it.
  • Keszey wrote: »
    P.O. time change is quite possibly the worst idea I've ever heard.

Why? For you? Then don't change.
  • Will the time change feature also be able to manipulate guild reset time? Something that, as a guild leader, I’d be very interested to know...
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Just to clarify, current plan is to launch Grand Arena before the end of the year barring unforeseen circumstances?
  • @CG_SBCrumb just so you know, it wasnt worth the wait.......
  • I think it's time to stop playing

NO TİME ZONE CHANGE PLEASE!!!
  • @CG_Carrie Is there seriously no GG rework or Separatists coming?
  • Can’t wait for all the crying after folks pile up in a dead timezone not knowing who else will, ultimately making it worse for themselves. Or even better: Come to my timezone and you’ll be immediately blackballed and have to take last place daily. :D>:)
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • HK22
    644 posts Member
    So the incoming KOTOR characters will most likely be Carth, Caderous, Juhani, and the Ebon Hawk. OT characters will probably be the much speculated C3-PO and OT Falcon. All we need is Jabba for the scoundrel/smuggler faction, Admiral Piett for the Imperials, and Endor Rex for the Rebels and we will be good.
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

You will be given two time change tokens. You can use them at any time you like, twice in a row, or wait until daylight savings comes. Or never. Your choice.

@CG_Carrie When do the tokens refresh? From a set date or the date you use one?