The Road Ahead: 11/09/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Ryanwhales
    862 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Before I am going to start the discussion, I want to give an apology for the way that I've been acting on this forums. I didn't know the rules well. I also want to give a shout out to my best freinds, the phantom CG top hat, funny dev teasers and dev announcers CG Carrie and sacclicious (I hope I spelled that right.), and the moderator kyno, as well as other people such as dapowerful Jedi and some other people as well that I haven't mentioned.

Now for this new post, I know there's I giant megathread, an all that, but what are you guys thinking? I have a feeling that it will be very similar to territory war. Do you guys have any suggestions that of what kotor guys they may be adding?

Every comment helps, and as always, keep the updates coming succlicious!
    Thanks for the awesome game.
    And as always all comments help.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Very disappointed tbh. Just pvp based changes gameplay wise. The grand arena will be awful. Mods and bad matchmakings will dominate it.

And I don't care which servers players have ridiculous AI RNG. Same as fleet arena. The fleet battles should get a rework. Not new time consuming and frustrating mod dominated boring content. The most fun in the game are currently the Raids, Territory Battles and all other non pvp areas.

Should have announced vehicles something to round up everything we love about Star Wars.

Ofc it is good to hear about upcoming KOTOR chars. But that has been a clear thing since Darth Malak and others are missing.

Same with the original trilogy. Some more lukes, hans, leias, chewies, a third falcon, some troopers whatever.

New chars are always good. But I wished you would have announced some few special chars. So that we could start to guess who it is and so on.

Maybe a little word on what is happening with grievous and separatists and the Republic.

Nevertheless I am looking forward to anything new and I hope you guys stay as motivated and passionate as you already are.

May the force be with you
  • the new pvp arena sounds great but this entire past series of stuff ever since the bounty hunters/chewie episode has all been a giant bag of nothing.

revan was a whalefest, people who didnt plan to buy a character got zero out of that release except a collection of losses in their TW. boring.

The more recent clone wars nonsense where the clones got their helmets certainly made their art look a great deal better. bravo. no seriously that did make them look cooler.... except the clones are a dead faction.. i never collected them because the rex meta was long since passed by the time i hit 85. They stopped being worth the investment and they didnt get any ability reworks in the recent revisit.. just new art. Maybe there is more to come but as of this post. nothin. giant bag of zero.

people were looking forward to the general grievous rework that was much anticipated because droid ships started to appear and the natural conclusion was that a new capital ship would finally be added in and the geo trio and grievous would fit in somewhere there.. this would be a complete new airborne faction and a recharge for a much loved SW figure who never quite hit his stride ingame despite being placed as a high value unlock..

the timeing was yours, you put the droid tag there, follow the logical conclusions to be drawn and you can see why the community reacted like it has.. to now hear this super-late road ahead with nothing about GG is obviously going to **** a lot of people off, myself included.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    For a road ahead, I gotta say this is a bit weak given the wait we’ve had to endure (6 weeks to be exact).
    The announcements you’ve made are indeed good, but lackluster for a road ahead. The grand arena should be fun, but let’s see how the matchups work first because TW matchups are sometimes way out of line.

The payout change will be very welcome.

The release of more KOTOR and Original Trilogy content will be nice, but it won’t matter if you guys keep releasing toons to single hard nodes and stick to the ridiculous stance of ignoring all the other shops.

The anniversary events hopefully are on par with expectations.

@CG_CapGaSP @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
    Can you please explain why grevious still hasn’t gotten a rework? Or the separatists overall? We don’t need meta defining faction passes but cmon...make those characters have synergy and make Grevious a DPS terror as he should be.

Why on Earth should GG be a DPS terror???? LoL I mean he couldn't do much without having to stop for a cough break.............

I mean...seriously? Have you seen the clone wars show or even the movie? If you don’t think he’s not a bad mudda when it comes to fighting you’re high.
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Can you please explain why grevious still hasn’t gotten a rework? Or the separatists overall? We don’t need meta defining faction passes but cmon...make those characters have synergy and make Grevious a DPS terror as he should be.
    Often when a faction you want to see get reworked (Galactic Jedi, Separatists, etc) haven’t gotten a rework, it’s a function of available time. Some of the bigger factions need a little more open road for us to do new requested characters/reworks/events/etc. Doesnt mean we don’t want to or don’t plan to, just that we have too much to do and not enough time.

That’s understandable but at this point GG has needed a rework for years. His kit upon release was terrible and he has virtually no synergy with any droid or separatist team. Even a rework in the limitation of Palp and Vader would do. Given, their reworks were meta defining, but taking GG, IG-100 and maybe Dooku and fixing them up with some synergy with other separatists would go a long way. Make GG more of a DPS who can fit into multiple lineups, IG-100 have more synergy with GG and be a staple in a droid team, and dooku get a fun type of a rework. Nothing major outside of GG but at this point there has been plenty of time.

And it’s been said before but I appreciate the communication with us regarding all this. Very welcome.
  • I've been playing this game since launch, it's had a lot of good and bad moments over the years. I was so ecstatic when grievous came into the game I spent a ton of money to get him way early on... he's my favorite out of all the characters in star wars.

Made an account and all that to leave a comment saying, politely, this has been a pretty big disappointment. I'm just talking on my own behalf here, not trying to talk for anyone else, but not getting a grievous rework or/and clone war toon love beyond a cosmetic change has been just disappointing. I think I'm done playing honestly, good luck though swgoh, hope good things for all the time and work you've put into the game.

What to hide, have you?? Why create a fake account to complain about a GG rework?? If you're truly passionate about any given issue, under a shroud be, you would not....
    And only a Sith deals in absolutes!!

Well did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you. It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be... unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

(I had to make an account to comment, had only read people's posts before)
  • Looks like the road ahead bypassed the "No Event" Weekend
  • Would the timezone change be affected by daylight savings or going out the country for vacation? I would imagine we would have a interface to tell it when we want to change our timezone as to not used up the two times a year allotment.
  • Grand Arena and the change of arena payout time sound good.
    New KOTOR characters is a terrible idea.
  • If this cross-shard PvP thing turns out to be good I might consider spending money again. The time zone change feature is an improvement. I wonder how this plays out.
  • Tynnribbe wrote: »
    harunalp wrote: »
    I think it's time to stop playing

NO TİME ZONE CHANGE PLEASE!!!

Then don't change. What's your issue?

The issue is I don't want my payout time flooded with a bunch of jackoffs from the East coast. And there is no valid reason to need to change your payout times twice a year, unless your trying to game the system.

The current policy with changing it once to match your current time zone is plenty. By allowing users to pick and choose their own payout times you'll punish all the players that aren't in shard chats.
  • Changing Arena payout time would be great....
    But if it will change all the in-game time (energy refresh....) it will be better to don't touch anything....
  • CG_Carrie
    payout time shift is great. I will wait on grand arena.
    My mine question is in the next QOL can we please have a more frequent drop in shops of mk5 stun gun salvage. Maybe the same mk3 carbanti.
  • I hate TW and now a similar style game mode just has me bummed! And will no doubt have rewards that you gotta participate in or fall out of being competitive or guild must.

I'll play it, but I know I won't like it, just another step in me just logging on, simming the things I can and grudgingly doing the things I hate!
  • Cg be like: 'Umm yeah I know you want GG rework and new capital ships, but insteas, we'll give you a whale only time sink'

And a day later: 'Why are you not happy, what is wrong with you?!'
  • Oh my gawd - thank you thank you thank you CG. The payout time changes will massively help me continue to play this game! Im a husband and father of 2 small children who's bath and bed time coincides with my payout, and by this single change you have ensured my continuing loyalty to this game. I am in for the long haul, and opening my wallet to a game that cares about the players. I've said it before, I'll say it again; I've never encountered a games developer that is as conscientious as CG!
  • Can’t wait for all the crying after folks pile up in a dead timezone not knowing who else will, ultimately making it worse for themselves. Or even better: Come to my timezone and you’ll be immediately blackballed and have to take last place daily. :D>:)

Might get worse for yourself lol

• Tynnribbe wrote: »

The issue is I don't want my payout time flooded with a bunch of jackoffs from the East coast. And there is no valid reason to need to change your payout times twice a year, unless your trying to game the system.

The current policy with changing it once to match your current time zone is plenty. By allowing users to pick and choose their own payout times you'll punish all the players that aren't in shard chats.

People going on holiday?
    People spending part of their year in one place and part of the year in another?
    People changing jobs with different shift patterns?
    plus various other reasons
  • Shenaria wrote: »
    Tynnribbe wrote: »

People going on holiday?
    People spending part of their year in one place and part of the year in another?
    People changing jobs with different shift patterns?
    plus various other reasons

People with family and dependents, carers? Not everyone is a singleton with few responsibilities. As a life long gamer and a family man, games like swgoh are the only ones I can feasibly play to fit in with my life. And CG have recognised that and allowed me to continue to do so. This is the singlemost important quality of life improvement in the game since I started.
  • Ryanwhales wrote: »
    And as always all comments help.

help

On a serious note, you dont have to apologise. Its CG that have been more than a month late with the Road ahead, and yet, theres 0 apologies in that post, like nothing happened.

Also, the Road ahead is a new time sink tw mode for whales, and some marquees. No GG rework, no cap ships.
    They should feel ashamed about it.
  • In a discussion with other players from my arena shard, the idea was brought up that the wording in the paragraph on payout change seems to indicate that they are breaking up arena shards in favor of a new system entirely ... Any thoughts? Or are we confused? @CG_Carrie
  • The road ahead at last... While I welcome it, I'd lie if I'd not admit I'm very underwhelmed. So much wait for this? As there's no commitment in time at all, you could have posted this much sooner and spare us the drama.
  • Shadroth wrote: »
    anyone at 2.8mil gp that has yet to unlock Treya or is it just me 😣

3.1Mil here and I haven't yet. Joined a more competitive guild last week so the slog has started now.
  • With the P.O. time change will arena and ships still be back to back or could we choose to have arena in the morning and ships evening?
  • I bet you’re fun at parties
  • I will along with many here say that the lack of a GG remake and a more serious clone wars teams and ships (droidekka anyone ?) in favour of the Revan kotor stuff that holds no intrest in the lore or anyone who has not played those old games.

Honestly, i feel this schedual is realy going the wrong way and adding more toons at 3 stars i wont ever care about because they are some old republic bi character is meh.
  • Tophar wrote: »
    With the P.O. time change will arena and ships still be back to back or could we choose to have arena in the morning and ships evening?

It's a global timezone change, all is connected including your daily reset.
  • Xaresacex wrote: »
    I don’t feel the games going in the right direction with this road ahead... but I’ll give it a chance.

My thoughts as well, no content but more whale stuff to do. Some people have real jobs, this is crossing that line into taking from real life. I can only poop so many times a day to play this game.
  • Is there any chance of considering allowing us to change arena payout times without changing our entire timezone?

For example, I'd love to push the arena payouts in the late evening (say 10pm and 11pm), but that would move the 9pm energy bonus to 1am meaning I could rarely claim it, so that's not an option.
    In reality I could only move the timezone an hour or 2 before that energy bonus becomes too late to deal with.

Being able to shift 2 hours is still much better than 6pm & 7pm since that at least moves out of dinner time, kids bath time, and so on, but it is still in a part of the evening that is inconvenient (just less so).
    It also comes with other compromises (such as lunch time energy bonus now having to be claimed during work hours).

It would be MUCH better if we had more flexibility to move our arena payouts only, without messing up the times for everything else.