The Road Ahead: 11/09/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• EgoSlayer wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    All the teasing for Clone Wars stuff and General Greivous, and absolutely nothing for either? New mode or not, this “Road Ahead” is a let down.

I did say somewhere that Ahnald would be among the first to know, but the GG rework speculation came from leaks. We can’t comment on leaks. I’m sorry that someone speculated that though as he is not in this quarter.

An earlier version of the Road Ahead covered the Anakin fighter, Clone helmets, and Clone TW events. We are hoping to take the lessons learned from the Clone Wars TW and apply it to the future, especially as Grand Arena will cover the “play it the right way” fix for TW style competition.

What does Play TW the "right way" mean?

That puzzled me as well. Could you elaborate a bit Carrie?

Clone Wars TW ended up being a blast, even though the communications surrounding it didn't explain it precise enough (Why didn't you say something like "we are trying something new/a bit crazy/shake things up, this is NOT tied to upcoming reworks" etc?).

I have said it before: the game design / balance in SWGOH is top notch, the communication is way to sporadic/imprecise and we better not talk about the financial/EA side of it B)
  • Why does many people want a rework for an android that was more dead than alive and that really got punked big time by Obi Wan?? [...] a hacking android who ultimately died by a simple blaster shot.... [...] if it weren't for Hollywood, Obi Wan could've pulled GGs body panels off his organs with the force very easily and the battle would've ended when Obi Wan forced blasted the Manga guards into the side of GGs head. [...] Also, it may not be cannon now but I read somewhere in the past that a non-force sensitive person could not even properly wield a lightsaber [...] So let's be real here guys; if you're a real fan of the lore GG=LAME CHAR

Tried to shorten your post a little for a better overview while answering to the particular arguments. I am not one of those asking for a Grievous rework right now - just started side-farming him from the Fleet Arena Store and will not have him to 7 Stars until next year, so that's not my personal priority. ;-)
    *But* I have to reply to lore facts here:

1. Grievous was no android, you could rather categorize him as a cyborg. His original species is called Kaleesh. He just got so many modifications done that, under normal circumstances, only a deep look in his eyes shows his organic origins.

2. Until that moment between Grievous and Obi-Wan, nobody in the entire Republic knew anything about his weak spot. Noone had ever seen if more than his head were still organic under all the droid armor. The moment Obi-Wan saw it, he realized his only chance to directly hit the revealed weak spot. It may have looked easy, if all you know about Grievous were those few scenes from the movie. But such a chance just had never been there before.

3. It's canon that Grievous has killed a lot of Jedi (even more in the EU content). As for his modifications and droid structure, you can't compare him to the regular, full-organic non-force sensitive person. Plus, his power was not only his fighting ability, he also was a strategist.

Anything else to say about being a true fan of the lore?^^

• Awesome that you're finally letting players pick their own payout. Shard chats will become infinitely more beneficial for all involved as they can spread their times out.

As for the rest of the road ahead... Bit of a let down personally. All this talk of having to move things around made it seem like there was going to be something big and there's just... not. A small TW styled 1v1 "grand" sounds terrible frankly, and I don't trust your matchmaking to begin with due to some of the terrible matches I've seen in guild vs guild TW... Darth Revan OR toons inbound, nobody is surprised, we all expected that... And some more OT love... I don't know, I'm just not seeing the "omg things had to be moved around, we had to delay posting this incredible mega announcement road ahead by a MONTH!" so that may be the biggest reason I'm let down. I know, the hype was on me, but still...
  • I like the arena if it requires no energy and has good rewards. What i dont like is, I’m seriously doubting matchmaking will be fair. I’m 3.9 GP and most guys with that power have traya unlocked starred and geared. I don’t because I chose to be with a guild that was a bit more casual than me but they were nice guys. So I’m down a team if matchmaking goes solely on GP.
  • Grand arena: awesome. This is what I’ve been looking for since I started this game. I look forward to this
    Time zone change: also great. Been waiting for this as well.
    OT stuff: great, this means we might get the falcon, which I’ve also been waiting for
    Other stuff: what’s one last thing everyone is waiting for, perhaps more than anything else... maybe General Grievous? Mace windu? Those names mean anything? I mean come on, of there’s a time to do this, it’s now. The 10th anniversary of the clone wars... even BF 2 got it right.
    Again, thank you guys so much for everything we’ve been getting recently, but could you please stop torturing us with these fake outs and just confirm that you’re reworking grievous or not?
  • Is there any chance of considering allowing us to change arena payout times without changing our entire timezone?

For example, I'd love to push the arena payouts in the late evening (say 10pm and 11pm), but that would move the 9pm energy bonus to 1am meaning I could rarely claim it, so that's not an option.
    In reality I could only move the timezone an hour or 2 before that energy bonus becomes too late to deal with.

Being able to shift 2 hours is still much better than 6pm & 7pm since that at least moves out of dinner time, kids bath time, and so on, but it is still in a part of the evening that is inconvenient (just less so).
    It also comes with other compromises (such as lunch time energy bonus now having to be claimed during work hours).

It would be MUCH better if we had more flexibility to move our arena payouts only, without messing up the times for everything else.

This.^ I hope it will be allowed to change the arena payouts ONLY. I am pretty happy with all the other timers in the game... the only thing I'd like to change are the arena times. But if they won't allow that, and make it doable only by changing all the other timers accordingly, then I'm not really looking forward to it.
  • Great news on the KOTOR characters. Like to see a certain Grand Master from SWTOR make her way into the game. OT Toons is another plus. While not excited about a personal TW (I'll hopefully farm on my defeats lol) hopefully that can lead to personal raids or TBs. Great job on the time change option, that is a great QoL improvement. Thanks @CG_Carrie and @CG_SBCrumb
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    This feels like a Q&A session, thanks @CG_Carrie and CG_SBCrumb for your contribution. I am looking forward to the new content.
    We’ve been talking about doing another Q&A too, just need to run it through the proper channels first.

Who and what are the proper channels?
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie can you please fix the appearance rate of Jango in the shipments he is sharing one spot with bossk, embo, aurra sing and Dengar and he obviously has a ridiculously low chance of appearing. Either increase it please OR give him more spots to show up.

I want to love this game it's just these kinds of tiny things you do to irritate the players I don't understand
    Post edited by Boba_The_Fetter on
  • Greeneya33
    75 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Nothing about Clone Wars and PT time period. Where is Padme and other characters from that time period?! I'am bored of OT and I do not care for non canon Old Republic characters. This is depressing.
  • Greeneya33
    75 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I'm sure there's no need to panic over lack of CW characters, I think it's likely we'll see a few months dedicated to CW next year much like we saw with the Bounty Hunters this year. The more time they spend re-working GG and Mace etc. the better. They deserve to be great when they're finally done.

I do not belive in that anymore. This month was CW anniversary. This month was the best opportunity to add PT and Clone Wars content. If they had any intention (or any love for PT and Clone Wars time period) to add PT and Clone Wars stuff they would add that content this month. We will not have opportunity like this anymore. Game is already 3 years old and we still do not have basic characters like Padme from PT. This is depressing. They care only for OT and Old Republic. We will have 1000 versions of Han, Leia and Luke and some background OT characters and none new from PT and Clone Wars. I 'am mad and beyond dissapointed.
  • Greeneya33
    75 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Droideka wrote: »
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Corwin117 wrote: »
    @KnightofCybertorn99 She just hit me with this:lpu6cla9eej0.jpg

*Angelic voices singing songs of hope*
    If they aren’t releasing clone wars content on clone wars’ 10th anniversary, I don’t think they will be doing it anytime soon. Maybe when the next season of the clone wars show comes out.

If we did not got any PT and Clone Wars content this month, we will never get it. This was the last opportunity. The next year they will add characters from ''The Mandalorian'', ''Resistance'' and ''EP IX''. They do not care for PT and CW.
  • They don’t want the whales(sorry Krakens) to go mad if they rework GG so he can beat Revan I guess.

They should have waited with Revan instead. And now they are even adding more kotor characters?

I really hate how they have begun to priorities stuff
  • HK22 wrote: »
    So the incoming KOTOR characters will most likely be Carth, Caderous, Juhani, and the Ebon Hawk. OT characters will probably be the much speculated C3-PO and OT Falcon. All we need is Jabba for the scoundrel/smuggler faction, Admiral Piett for the Imperials, and Endor Rex for the Rebels and we will be good.

Kylo Nord! And Malak :)
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Greeneya33 wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Corwin117 wrote: »
    @KnightofCybertorn99 She just hit me with this:lpu6cla9eej0.jpg

*Angelic voices singing songs of hope*
    If they aren’t releasing clone wars content on clone wars’ 10th anniversary, I don’t think they will be doing it anytime soon. Maybe when the next season of the clone wars show comes out.

If we did not got any PT and Clone Wars content this month, we will never get it. This was the last opportunity. The next year they will add characters from ''The Mandalorian'', ''Resistance'' and ''EP IX''. They do not care for PT and CW.

I hope you are wrong, but I think you are right..

2019 is gonna have $$$$$ all over the place whenever they release something
  • Tynnribbe wrote: »
    harunalp wrote: »
    I think it's time to stop playing

NO TİME ZONE CHANGE PLEASE!!!

Then don't change. What's your issue?

The issue is I don't want my payout time flooded with a bunch of jackoffs from the East coast. And there is no valid reason to need to change your payout times twice a year, unless your trying to game the system.

The current policy with changing it once to match your current time zone is plenty. By allowing users to pick and choose their own payout times you'll punish all the players that aren't in shard chats.

The majority of the player base is not in the top of arena / in shard chats. Allowing people with a life to change in accordance with changes in their life is great.
  • Anyone else worried that we just began another 6 weeks of silence?
    Ooba hutar.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    The pvp payout change is a great adding. Actually , i’m stuck behind whale to get first in my payout. This will definitively change all other shard mate with who you fight for first position. And this will change every 6 month. For those who are always first because they own the shard, they should be not happy. But for other people that actually can’t reach top 5 because of this. I’m happy!!
  • @CG_Carrie Who will be the KOTOR characters?Will be it be Meetra Surik?Malak?As for the OG trilogy will be getting The falcon and Luke's X-Wing.A death star raid?will we be getting The Ebon Hawk?
    Can you give us a hint?
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie Can either of you speak to whether or not we might see an Anakin rework soon apart from a full republic tuneup? It seems no coincidence that he’s called out as a Galactic Hero in the Sith raid bonuses with the likes of CLS, Yoda and Rey. However, especially post-Yoda rework, it definitely seems like a case of “One of these things is not like the other” to include Anakin in that list. (At least based on evaluation of his kit) :-)
    Does the dev team believe current state Anakin deserves this distinction? Or, have there been plans all along to tune him to the Sith raid with a rework at some point like what was done with Yoda?
    This feels like a Q&A session, thanks @CG_Carrie and CG_SBCrumb for your contribution. I am looking forward to the new content.
    We’ve been talking about doing another Q&A too, just need to run it through the proper channels first.

Management. Who else?
  • Member5973 wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »

Management. Who else?

They are management. So who and what is the next level of management ?
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    DARTH_TED wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Kinda hard to be a whale arena when playing same GP players....if the one player has inferior toons that is on them.

GP is soooo misleading. I’m a collector so I have every character unlocked and at this minute only 4 are not 7⭐️. What if somebody comparatively has a bunch of characters that are much higher levels with some they didn’t bother with. I’m gonna get my butt kicked.

Then that was the choice you made....inflated gp does nothing for you or your guild. It was a choice you made and it looks like collecting is more fun to you than competing so it shouldn't be a problem for you
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Can you please explain why grevious still hasn’t gotten a rework? Or the separatists overall? We don’t need meta defining faction passes but cmon...make those characters have synergy and make Grevious a DPS terror as he should be.

Often when a faction you want to see get reworked (Galactic Jedi, Separatists, etc) haven’t gotten a rework, it’s a function of available time. Some of the bigger factions need a little more open road for us to do new requested characters/reworks/events/etc. Doesnt mean we don’t want to or don’t plan to, just that we have too much to do and not enough time.

That's a lame answer. It isn't that you don't have the time. It's that you're using your available time on junk that nobody asked for (like the Grand Arena!), instead of on changes that the vast majority of your players actually want (like a rework for iconic characters, such as General Grievous and Mace Windu). Your problem is poor management of time, not lack of time.
  • Kokie wrote: »
    DARTH_TED wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Kinda hard to be a whale arena when playing same GP players....if the one player has inferior toons that is on them.

GP is soooo misleading. I’m a collector so I have every character unlocked and at this minute only 4 are not 7⭐️. What if somebody comparatively has a bunch of characters that are much higher levels with some they didn’t bother with. I’m gonna get my butt kicked.

Then that was the choice you made....inflated gp does nothing for you or your guild. It was a choice you made and it looks like collecting is more fun to you than competing so it shouldn't be a problem for you

That’s not true. GP is very important in TB.
  • CadoaBane wrote: »
    Why does many people want a rework for an android that was more dead than alive and that really got punked big time by Obi Wan?? [...] a hacking android who ultimately died by a simple blaster shot.... [...] if it weren't for Hollywood, Obi Wan could've pulled GGs body panels off his organs with the force very easily and the battle would've ended when Obi Wan forced blasted the Manga guards into the side of GGs head. [...] Also, it may not be cannon now but I read somewhere in the past that a non-force sensitive person could not even properly wield a lightsaber [...] So let's be real here guys; if you're a real fan of the lore GG=LAME CHAR

Tried to shorten your post a little for a better overview while answering to the particular arguments. I am not one of those asking for a Grievous rework right now - just started side-farming him from the Fleet Arena Store and will not have him to 7 Stars until next year, so that's not my personal priority. ;-)
    *But* I have to reply to lore facts here:

1. Grievous was no android, you could rather categorize him as a cyborg. His original species is called Kaleesh. He just got so many modifications done that, under normal circumstances, only a deep look in his eyes shows his organic origins.

2. Until that moment between Grievous and Obi-Wan, nobody in the entire Republic knew anything about his weak spot. Noone had ever seen if more than his head were still organic under all the droid armor. The moment Obi-Wan saw it, he realized his only chance to directly hit the revealed weak spot. It may have looked easy, if all you know about Grievous were those few scenes from the movie. But such a chance just had never been there before.

3. It's canon that Grievous has killed a lot of Jedi (even more in the EU content). As for his modifications and droid structure, you can't compare him to the regular, full-organic non-force sensitive person. Plus, his power was not only his fighting ability, he also was a strategist.

Anything else to say about being a true fan of the lore?^^

How many Jedi does it take to kill a Grievous?

Only 1, a clever one.

Grievous was no Force user, telekinesis to lift his feet 10 centimeters above the floor, telekinesis to break all 4 arms, he can then play with all 4 lightsabers all he wants... and the same should have been done in Episode 8, would have saved A LOT of time in the Throne room.

• I hope people realize that they don't put every single detail in these road aheads. Jango Fett and Chewbacca were not in the previous road ahead, yet they came to the game. They are just giving an update on what they are working on, you can expect the kotor characters and OT characters and a new game mode by the end of the year. But that doesn't mean there are some surprises that they have waiting up their sleeve.

You have to get permission to host a Q&A? That's awful!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Is there any chance of considering allowing us to change arena payout times without changing our entire timezone?

For example, I'd love to push the arena payouts in the late evening (say 10pm and 11pm), but that would move the 9pm energy bonus to 1am meaning I could rarely claim it, so that's not an option.
    In reality I could only move the timezone an hour or 2 before that energy bonus becomes too late to deal with.

Being able to shift 2 hours is still much better than 6pm & 7pm since that at least moves out of dinner time, kids bath time, and so on, but it is still in a part of the evening that is inconvenient (just less so).
    It also comes with other compromises (such as lunch time energy bonus now having to be claimed during work hours).

It would be MUCH better if we had more flexibility to move our arena payouts only, without messing up the times for everything else.

^ is exactly what I was going to say, if the Daily Reset time also shifts.

If daily reset time doesn't shift (stays at 12am, Standard time), then it would be nice if the Energy times would also not move (noon, 6pm, 9pm winter times)... but everything else could still shift.
  • So just so I'm understanding...
    -You get 2 "time tokens"
    -These time tokens allow you change your daily bonus energy, payouts, etc
    -Once you use a time token, in 365 days, you receive another one?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).