edited November 2018
    Welcome to the Grand illusion
    Come on in and see what's happening
    Pay the price, get your tickets for the show
    The stage is set, the band starts playing
    Suddenly your heart is pounding
    Wishing secretly you were a star

• DadKev wrote: »
    Sounds good really cant understand the negative coments. But this is the internet after all

I dont understand the negative comments either.

Likewise
  • Can we have a option of a PvE with slightly inferior prizes? Can’t stand pvp and don’t fancy going up against a team that can’t put 100+ speed on everyone where I can only manage around 60-80 for a few. Also being a collector I know will go against me as I can see myself getting matched against a guy who has 30 odd g12 toons against my 16.
  • Regardless of GP... people with Revan should not be matched up with people without revan.

Would be pretty much impossible for the non-revan competitor to win
  • One word.. Tournaments.. came, went..
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    People on here who seem to think that whales will have an advantage in the new arena I say bologna, the nature of a whale is to max every toon hoping that they all become relevant at some point in time whereas a ftp player has to make hard choices as to what they want and need. Now if I who spends carefully on this game went up against a full blown whale of the same gp I am fully confident I would win because all the key toons I need to win I have. The whale may or may not because he she bought every toon as it came out rather it is relevant or not. My roster is lean and mean the typical whale is not so the whole argument whales have the advantage is nonsense

you must be confusing whales with dolphins. We have two whales in our guild. Yes you are correct the don't discriminate which toons they get. They both have every toon 7 starred g12. I will repeat every character 7stars and gear 12. They do discriminate in mods. probably on 75 of each have god mods. It is nothing you can compete with.

Then I wont be facing them will I? Their gp is much higher than mine
  • adfcta
    27 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Conflicting goals in this game for different events and the difference between newer and established players approach to the game has not helped with the TW match-up situation and I don't know how it will be resolved for this mini TW scenario.

I've been playing since May of 2016, and while spending less than, say 200 dollars I've collected a lot of toons.

Before TW existed one of my goals was to collect and gear as many chars as possible for TB... For platoons and GP deployment. But TW is impacted by overall GP. Newer players aren't wasting time on early game players at the expense of chasing CLS, JTR, et...this creates a scenario where clearly not all GP totals are created equally.

I'm sure nothing I've stated is original. I just dislike that building your roster for TB negatively impacts your matchup for TW, so Grand Arena doesn't excite me at all.

From a time perspective, I like seeing new characters or events made more exciting, within the context of similar or reduced game time. Continuing to add more game play modes that are mandatory to keep up, has lessened my personal enjoyment, yet I'm vested in the collection aspect so much it would be hard to walk away, though I keep flirting with that.

The only activity time increase I'm personally interested in is the option of practice modes against self programmed matchups or other players where you can add game time and tweak roster at your own choice.

Oh...heck, I guess I'd take a Death Star Ship Raid :smiley:

Thanks for reading
  • Valaraukar wrote: »
    DadKev wrote: »
    Sounds good really cant understand the negative coments. But this is the internet after all

I dont understand the negative comments either.

Likewise

Were you around last time this sort of thing was tried 2 years ago. Hackers ruined it massively. In arena it takes weeks to get them banned, but at worst you may drop 50/100 crystals a day, in TW they seem to take a few months_ but that’s only one TW and diff between first and second not huge.

This however was massive. Thousands of players missing out on meta defining toons. They may have eventually banned the hackers but never gave compensation to those who lost out because of it. This is too vulnerable to that again. That’s why I’m negative.
  • Can we opt out or is there going to be a daily activity to do? I really don’t want to do any of the PVP crap
  • peruhead
    17 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Is this going to be introduction to GXIII?
  • I think its a great idea to include the grand arena,but What will be the rewards?Well i have a few theories or Characters we could see.
    1.Padme
    2.General Kenobi
    3.Jedi Knight Anakin
    4.Darth sion
    5.Droideka
    6.Captain Gregor
    7.General Griveous
    8.Embo
    9.Maybe a brand new character exclusive for this new arena store.

You realize like half your list is already in game right...
  • First and foremost this is an exciting new feature but here are some constructive and yet frustrating comments:

1. How will this Grand Arena but more equitable? All of the arenas suck for me: started at launch and took 1.5yrs off. GP is irrelevant when newer toons outmatch dated ones

2. While this new feature is exciting, I still do not think its mechanics of being like TW (a thing that is not daily but every couple weeks) is a good thing.

That is, we are collecting massive about of toons and leveling them up for a great majority of them to be wasted and not being used. Except for the few days of TB/TW every couple of weeks.

3. The design of the game is all about resource management and collecting the best toons, yet most of the games daily activities are no longer relevant or challenging for rewards and gears that stink.

In sum...
    Will this be fair to all?
    Does this solve the larger issue the mass collection of toons being unused for the majority of the gameplay ?
    Does this solve the problem of in game rewards being mostly irrelevant as you have 1000s of unused gear?

@CG_Carrie

All of this points this final comment: this can be communicated by saying two words: General Grievous.

Like GG, all the time, resources, and energy was spent on this toon for him to suck but that in itself isn’t the BIG problem

Even if he was OP originally, the newer toons that would eventually replace him would bench him ultimately, yes?

—> we want value and meaning for hardworked toons and those toons should not just be benched when the new meta arrives. There can be in game activities and game play that calls for toons we worked really hard on: GG is the perfect example of that.

With that in mind, please fix GG and communicate it straightforward, not just clues. And please fix GG (and all toons really) by making a game play that uses them now and later — in meaningful gaming experiences
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Regardless of GP... people with Revan should not be matched up with people without revan.

Ewoks, Qi'Ra led scoundrels, Driods, Sith with Traya and more combinations will be discovered as time passes
  • Most of the whale folks really enjoy the PvP aspect. Arena, and TW. Now it’s grand arena.

It works out great for me , with the time zone change, i can focus on arena again and maybe aim through grand arena.
    I think it’s a good idea on paper but we ll see how it plays out in execution. Cg did a good job with the win/loss in TW so I’m hoping that continues. There’s a real shot of someone being #1 in all of swgoh.

I think this is another step closer to sandbox mode or if you can choose your opponents it’s a great way to test teams and see wht works.

Prizes I foresee - omegas, zetas, g12+ gear, and mod salvage. I wouldn’t be surprised if they snuck some character shards in there.

They should have the matches corrolate with marquees that aren’t farmable yet. So let’s say for these few weeks I’m vsing @Bulldog1205 and the Bh ships would be a reward.

I also agree that the top toons used should be evaluated. Gp+ win - loss is a good start but we need to have it a little more precise.
  • Jos33680 wrote: »
    Each round, you’ll be matched with other players who have the same win/loss record as you, and you’ll never fight the same opponent twice in a Grand Arena event.

Does it mean at the 2nd round we can face players having 2 times our GP with the same win/loss ratio ? (as matchmarking is just done at the beginning)

No, they pick 8 people with similar gp. Then they are paired off randomly. The two that win face each other and the two that lose face eachother in round two. Then in round 3, the two that won twice face each other, the two that lost twice face eachother, and the four that won one and lost one face each other.

So all rounds you'll face those with similar gp. I'm guessing you'll get 24hrs to set defense and 24hrs to attack so it would be a 6 day event each time.
  • Regardless of GP... people with Revan should not be matched up with people without revan.

Speak for yourself. I don't have revan but would rather be faced against players that have them and be challenged than to face only teams that I already easily beat.

I already can beat traya lead and revan leads that aren't super well modded. So opponents that have revan, are a challenge.
  • Lame. New game feature that uses already existing n boring game features? Still waiting for something entirely new and different instead of the same boring stuff repackaged to appear different over n over
  • I am very excited for this game mode. I love TW and Arena as is the best “competition” in this game. Most of the other content is PvE so having another PvP mode is great!

I have one suggestion I would love to see added:

It would be great to save win/loss stats on your profile page. I would love to havethe w/l for my guild in TW displayed somewhere rather than just having a tally on our discord server. Bragging rights and everything you know!
  • R u telling me u get to fight on equal playing field finally great for F2P horrible for whales though lol I’m in.

• Tezza23 wrote: »
    Can we have a option of a PvE with slightly inferior prizes? Can’t stand pvp and don’t fancy going up against a team that can’t put 100+ speed on everyone where I can only manage around 60-80 for a few. Also being a collector I know will go against me as I can see myself getting matched against a guy who has 30 odd g12 toons against my 16.

well u can’t collect and expect to compete u have to choose one or just take the L.

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    The way I see it, because Tourney's before failed because of cheating, every single time someone loses all their territories in this, the guy will be labelled as a cheater. I mean surely it will be impossible for them to tell whose cheated and who hasn't? Sounds like they got their work cut out for them.

Which is honestly my main concern in all this, that the fights are actually fair. Same gp means nothing.
  • Calastar wrote: »
    In guild battles would be so fun because then you could test who was the best person in your guild.

Yes. This. Also live battles would be great.
  • Two questions
    1, Nearly half of my GP is ships, if ships aren't included will I only be matched up against people with similar GP of characters only?

2, People build out there rosters in a multitude of diverse ways, some go for all g11 and some go for 40 G12 maxed out characters. Some go for full TW rosters and some go for full TB rosters. My question is why am I not getting any cookies for going on 5k donations and going 4/4 in all phases of DSTB. Nice guys finish last! xD

The second question isn't a question just me being silly :cookie:
  • I wish that you can view your guild mates battling in TW in real time like Clash of Clans.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Great! I am so excited! My most hated regime now in two versions! Hooray!
    Each time it starts it makes me sick. Now it will be happening even more often...
    You spoiled me a weekend :'(
  • I imagine this game mode will be like many of the others in the aspect that in some ways it encourages bloating your gp and in other ways it encourages a lean roster.

Most likely there will be reward tiers similar to tw that give more to higher gp players. But you are more likely to win if you don't gear usless toons. On the one hand you probably want to be in the top of your gp tier but on the other since it is more likely to lead to easier opponents but you also want to get to the next tier to get your rewards.

• Cant stand tw already.... so now you double down on an already horrible game mode.

Sounds like if you have a similar GP and didn't spend on Revan, you can still get matched up. My opponents are going to love my zero defense and non offense 😁
  • Love the idea... you should make a guild ship battle similar to territory wars or the guild battles on marvel