The Road Ahead: 11/09/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
    There seems to be speculation that changing ones timezone may also change their shard/server. May we have some clarification?

Sending my love and all the best! :*
    P.s. ROLL TIDE ROLL!
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    DARTH_TED wrote: »
    Kinda hard to be a whale arena when playing same GP players....if the one player has inferior toons that is on them.

GP is soooo misleading. I’m a collector so I have every character unlocked and at this minute only 4 are not 7⭐️. What if somebody comparatively has a bunch of characters that are much higher levels with some they didn’t bother with. I’m gonna get my butt kicked.

Then that was the choice you made....inflated gp does nothing for you or your guild. It was a choice you made and it looks like collecting is more fun to you than competing so it shouldn't be a problem for you

That’s not true. GP is very important in TB.

Not really...I would much rather my guild have a lower gp overall with better toons than an inflated gp....get your guild strong enough and the whole argument is moot
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Can you please explain why grevious still hasn’t gotten a rework? Or the separatists overall? We don’t need meta defining faction passes but cmon...make those characters have synergy and make Grevious a DPS terror as he should be.

Often when a faction you want to see get reworked (Galactic Jedi, Separatists, etc) haven’t gotten a rework, it’s a function of available time. Some of the bigger factions need a little more open road for us to do new requested characters/reworks/events/etc. Doesnt mean we don’t want to or don’t plan to, just that we have too much to do and not enough time.

That's a lame answer. It isn't that you don't have the time. It's that you're using your available time on junk that nobody asked for (like the Grand Arena!), instead of on changes that the vast majority of your players actually want (like a rework for iconic characters, such as General Grievous and Mace Windu). Your problem is poor management of time, not lack of time.

I agree. The fact that everything else is more important to them than PT and Clone Wars era is depressing.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Kinda hard to be a whale arena when playing same GP players....if the one player has inferior toons that is on them.

GP is soooo misleading. I’m a collector so I have every character unlocked and at this minute only 4 are not 7⭐️. What if somebody comparatively has a bunch of characters that are much higher levels with some they didn’t bother with. I’m gonna get my butt kicked.

Then that was the choice you made....inflated gp does nothing for you or your guild. It was a choice you made and it looks like collecting is more fun to you than competing so it shouldn't be a problem for you

Not really...I would much rather my guild have a lower gp overall with better toons than an inflated gp....get your guild strong enough and the whole argument is moot

You seem to be confusing TB with TW. GP in TB is not a matter of opinion, it directly translates to more stars.
  • Greeneya33 wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Corwin117 wrote: »
    @KnightofCybertorn99 She just hit me with this:lpu6cla9eej0.jpg

*Angelic voices singing songs of hope*
    If they aren’t releasing clone wars content on clone wars’ 10th anniversary, I don’t think they will be doing it anytime soon. Maybe when the next season of the clone wars show comes out.

If we did not got any PT and Clone Wars content this month, we will never get it. This was the last opportunity. The next year they will add characters from ''The Mandalorian'', ''Resistance'' and ''EP IX''. They do not care for PT and CW.

Sometime in next year will start The Clone Wars final 12(?) Episode. That will be an opportunity to give some more love to PT era.
  • TBH I really was hoping for some CW Love, but, nope not in this game ...
  • Teempo
    4 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Rather than change twice a year the time zone change, payout every 3 hours would be more fair for the players. Because at my shard there is only 1 hour of arena activity and 23 hours inactivity. Making payout lets say 70 gems every 3 hours might force players to be active during the day, which would fit into CG's money plan (more gems for arena resets) :smiley:
  • Teempo wrote: »
    Rather than change twice a year the time zone change, payout every 3 hours would be more fair for the players. Because at my shard there is only 1 hour of arena activity and 23 hours inactivity. Making payout lets say 70 gems every 3 hours might force players to be active during the day, which would fit into CG's money plan (more gems for arena resets) :smiley:

I would honestly wait and see- I have a feeling many will be leaving the 6pm/7pm payout time so it may open a lot of things there.

I don’t mind missing the extra energy because I will have more purps with higher arena payout. I have the possibility of doing everything I have to do within 30 mins of picking this game up and not touching it till the next day. That’s really nice
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

You seem to be confusing TB with TW. GP in TB is not a matter of opinion, it directly translates to more stars.

It is not a matter of opinion your right...a good guild can easily max it without inflated gp..and irregardless I will take the Zetas and omegas from gw any day over the rewards from tb considering even if u dont quite reach the top on TB your still getting basically the same rewards
  • Tynnribbe wrote: »
    harunalp wrote: »
    I think it's time to stop playing

NO TİME ZONE CHANGE PLEASE!!!

Then don't change. What's your issue?

The issue is I don't want my payout time flooded with a bunch of jackoffs from the East coast. And there is no valid reason to need to change your payout times twice a year, unless your trying to game the system.

The current policy with changing it once to match your current time zone is plenty. By allowing users to pick and choose their own payout times you'll punish all the players that aren't in shard chats.

I’m sympathetic to your plight. It would not be fun to suddenly double or triple the number of competitors you have to compete against.

The flip side is that for years players in more population dense timezones have had double or triple the number of competitors of lower population density timezones.

It no fun to lose something good while others benefit.

That being said, my game is set to US Central time, and I’m stoked that I won’t have to try to choose between playing a game I love play and getting home from work, dinner with family, bathtime, and kid’s bedtime. I will be changing my timezone so that my arena time is bright and early at 6:00 in the morning while I eat breakfast, shower, and get ready for work.

• The next road ahead...

hjnv5i8e2v6f.jpeg

0jbzz5yezacr.jpeg
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    No_Try wrote: »

It is not a matter of opinion your right...a good guild can easily max it without inflated gp..and irregardless I will take the Zetas and omegas from gw any day over the rewards from tb considering even if u dont quite reach the top on TB your still getting basically the same rewards

How many of those "good guilds" exist in the game that maxes both ds and ls tb (clue: handful)? Is your guild a good guild? Did your guild become a good guild without inflating gp and keeping their rosters to only primarily functional part?

Same can be said between tb and tw. You can get 40 or 45 stars, you can win or lose in TW, the difference is minimal.

TW came out much later than TB, it doesn't make sense to first set a parameter a measure of success and later use the same parameter to make it harder to attain success in other game areas. This is bad game design.
  • @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb
    There seems to be speculation that changing ones timezone may also change their shard/server. May we have some clarification?

Sending my love and all the best! :*
    P.s. ROLL TIDE ROLL!
    Nope, it does not change your shard/server
  • Fürkész wrote: »
    Greeneya33 wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Corwin117 wrote: »
    @KnightofCybertorn99 She just hit me with this:lpu6cla9eej0.jpg

*Angelic voices singing songs of hope*
    If they aren’t releasing clone wars content on clone wars’ 10th anniversary, I don’t think they will be doing it anytime soon. Maybe when the next season of the clone wars show comes out.

If we did not got any PT and Clone Wars content this month, we will never get it. This was the last opportunity. The next year they will add characters from ''The Mandalorian'', ''Resistance'' and ''EP IX''. They do not care for PT and CW.

Sometime in next year will start The Clone Wars final 12(?) Episode. That will be an opportunity to give some more love to PT era.

Do not get your hopes up. They did not add any for AOTC anniversary. They did not added any for Clone Wars anniversary this month. The next year will be packed with new Star Wars content (The Mandalorian series, Resistance series, EP IX). They also need to add every background OT character in the game. And add 1000 new versions of Han, Chewbacca and Leia. PT and Clone Wars have the lowest priority for them.
  • kshark
    63 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Not impressed by the Road_Ahead and the team who worked on it. Any decent High School Student has churned out a 5,000 character paper with the same quality in one night. And here we are looking at a game with 10MM revenue and a staff of three dozen people, and it can’t release a short term road-map without it being weeks late and making false comments in the process. I cant imagine what it takes for you guys to do your Form 10-K at the corporate level. No, don’t tell me they tried there best when they said “hope to have this done by end of week”. They knew this project wasn’t going any where fast. And they knew their comments weren’t close to the truth. The fact that it could be mismanaged to this extent is mind boggling and no excuse can rectify the situation. All we wanted was an apology and something along the lines of “well do better next time”. But as always, EA is too ignorant to see any fault it it’s own actions.

zsou8xv8k8tl.png
  • Can someone translate this for me?
  • Their, not there. We’ll, not well.
    An average high school student would know the difference.
  • But they did have it ready by the end of the week. And it doesn’t matter if it were 2,000 or 10,000 characters, the quality is what’s important; it fulfilled its objective by giving us the plans they have for what is left of the quarter and gave some details about said plans.
  • You counted how many characters were in the Road Ahead?
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    It's poly-sci at it's best, talk for an hour, say nothing, neither answer, nor deny anything, and do not stand for, or against anything. Never have so few confused so many.
  • You counted how many characters were in the Road Ahead?

Yes I used a text counter.
  • AKapkan wrote: »
    But they did have it ready by the end of the week. And it doesn’t matter if it were 2,000 or 10,000 characters, the quality is what’s important; it fulfilled its objective by giving us the plans they have for what is left of the quarter and gave some details about said plans.

No it wasn’t ready by the end of the week. It was six weeks too late.
  • I was basing the “end of the week” as if it were from the last time they commented about the Road Ahead, which was on 11/2.
  • In case anyone is doing a head count of happy faces vs. sad faces...
    I'm sorry to say I'm feeling disappointed by this Road Ahead, speaking personally--
    I'm not mad at y'all, and I'm not going to threaten to leave the game or anything,
    but I guess I was hoping for some fun news that fits my playstyle, and I didn't get it.
    My two least favorite parts of the game are TW & Arena, and Grand Arena sounds like TW & Arena had a baby, so not much there for me.
    Payout change sounds like a nice QoL for some people, but as someone mentioned earlier, also a huge enabler to people who use shard chats, so that's crazy to me, but whatever.
    And as for more toons, I'm a child of the 80's so in theory I'd like to see C3PO and more OT stuff, but for me, first & foremost the game needs more interesting/fun content to keep it fresh, and not more toons.
    Anyway, congratulations to the people who are excited by any/all of this news.
    And to the devs, thanks for doing your best, since you can't please everyone, and I'm sure your decisions are always under the thumb of forces of authority, stockholders and whatnot.
  • Time zone change is really big and another game mode. More old republic and ot toons/ships. Confirmed no GG rework. All pretty big things/info.

Could they have just said that a month ago , yes. But seems there are more powers that be that seem to be more involved now a days. Improved communication is a lie I’ve stopped ever believing in it.

3 year anny , maybe threepio, the falcon, maybe Jedi luke and looks like a dark bastilla probably adding some
    More as well,
  • AKapkan wrote: »
    I was basing the “end of the week” as if it were from the last time they commented about the Road Ahead, which was on 11/2.

They commented on it several times, actually.
  • This has to be one of the most whiny & discontent fanbase of any mobile game..
  • Time zone change is really big and another game mode. More old republic and ot toons/ships. Confirmed no GG rework. All pretty big things/info.

Could they have just said that a month ago , yes. But seems there are more powers that be that seem to be more involved now a days. Improved communication is a lie I’ve stopped ever believing in it.

3 year anny , maybe threepio, the falcon, maybe Jedi luke and looks like a dark bastilla probably adding some
    More as well,

I agree. That’s the only redeeming factor. But after over a thousand posts on the Road Ahead thread we deserved better.
  • DT_Jango wrote: »
    This has to be one of the most whiny & discontent fanbase of any mobile game..

I think it’s just a massive fan base. There is a lot of thank yous and gratitude going on as well.