The Road Ahead: 11/09/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Where? I know they commented on the road ahead thread that was made here saying that they were preparing a new one and then again on the post I mentioned.
  • kshark wrote: »
    Time zone change is really big and another game mode. More old republic and ot toons/ships. Confirmed no GG rework. All pretty big things/info.

Could they have just said that a month ago , yes. But seems there are more powers that be that seem to be more involved now a days. Improved communication is a lie I’ve stopped ever believing in it.

3 year anny , maybe threepio, the falcon, maybe Jedi luke and looks like a dark bastilla probably adding some
    More as well,

I agree. That’s the only redeeming factor. But after over a thousand posts on the Road Ahead thread we deserved better.

Totally better. Like way way better. I really do believe these forums can be a really great place! I wish more people felt that way as well.
  • DT_Jango wrote: »
    This has to be one of the most whiny & discontent fanbase of any mobile game..

Pretty much all EA games are like this actually.
  • Based on when the Revan announcement occurred is how he is referencing the Road Ahead I believe.

Also showing that EA stock has dropped 40% in last 4 months, or $59/share in that same time period.

IE: they are being hurt financially which seems about right to me.
  • AKapkan wrote: »
    Where? I know they commented on the road ahead thread that was made here saying that they were preparing a new one and then again on the post I mentioned.

Throughout the “Road Ahead” post a comment was made by a Dev more than once on its status. I don’t really want to go through it again, feel free to go ahead your self.
  • For those who don't understand:
    "Characters" = letters. He's saying that a high school student can write a 5,000 letter essay (might have been easier to say 800 word essay or something) in one night and that he's shocked it took them 6 weeks to churn one out, particularly one that was admittedly a bit lackluster in content.
    Of course it appeared lackluster because it was missing the entire Clone Wars Celebration announcement we got the week prior that involved Clones and their helmets, the TW bonuses, and perhaps even Anakin's starfighter, otherwise it would have been much longer and undoubtedly more satisfactory.
    A form 10-K is an annual report companies are required to file with the SEC every year including audited financial statements, a statement from the auditors verifying the reported numbers, as well as any detailed information the company needs to give by way of explanation regarding the aforementioned financials. The accusation here is that, if they take 6 weeks to write an 800 word essay with vague references to things coming, how long does it take to put together a huge, detailed official filing like a 10-K?
    The difference of course is that a company's annual report is worked on by a huge team of internal and external auditors and accountants and executives and is required by law to be produced in a timely fashion. The Road Ahead blog is merely a benefit we enjoy that is in fact NOT required by law for them to produce. Additionally, there is a much smaller team working on the Road Ahead and probably a smaller team working on this entire game development compared to the team that works on a public company's report and audit each year and that larger team does in fact spend from 1-2 months at best making it all come together (not to mention the accounting entries and smaller reports generated during the year that are necessary to ensure a smooth and timely financial report can be generated at year end). Ultimately, there really is no comparison between these two things.
    I think OP just needs to take a deep breath and recognize that this Road Ahead may have felt like a let-down, but it isn't the end of the road for this game or even this month and not every road ahead will be a slam dunk for every player. There will be more new content outside of what was mentioned and we should either be patient while waiting for it or quit and stop letting a silly mobile game with some admittedly scummy money-grab tactics get our blood pressure up.
    AKapkan wrote: »
    Where? I know they commented on the road ahead thread that was made here saying that they were preparing a new one and then again on the post I mentioned.

Throughout the “Road Ahead” post a comment was made by a Dev more than once on its status. I don’t really want to go through it again, feel free to go ahead your self.
    I’ll just take your word on it, don’t feel like scrolling through that many comments.

Time zone change is really big and another game mode. More old republic and ot toons/ships. Confirmed no GG rework. All pretty big things/info.

Could they have just said that a month ago , yes. But seems there are more powers that be that seem to be more involved now a days. Improved communication is a lie I’ve stopped ever believing in it.

3 year anny , maybe threepio, the falcon, maybe Jedi luke and looks like a dark bastilla probably adding some
    More as well,

I agree. That’s the only redeeming factor. But after over a thousand posts on the Road Ahead thread we deserved better.

Totally better. Like way way better. I really do believe these forums can be a really great place! I wish more people felt that way as well.

If you played Battle Field Heroes, the Mods were promising people two weeks before the game closed that it wasn’t closing, “so go ahead and spend money”. Then, when it did close, the forums were removed, so i’m not sure even a legal supoena would have gotten the posts back in the case someone had decided to sue. But to say the least, I’ve seen much worse with regards to EA forums.
  • DT_Jango wrote: »

Slanar at gar yamika, Jango!
    kshark wrote: »

More as well,

If you played Battle Field Heroes, the Mods were promising people two weeks before the game closed that it wasn’t closing, “so go ahead and spend money”. Then, when it did close, the forums were removed, so i’m not sure even a legal supoena would have gotten the posts back in the case someone had decided to sue. But to say the least, I’ve seen much worse with regards to EA forums.

Ty for the insight. This is really the only game I’ve played like this with ea and used the forums.
  • I have to agree. This took 6 weeks to put together, and honestly, they could probably have implemented these features in the time they took to write it, and will, if they implement it by the time the quarter is over
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    (lol at the random thread being merged into here)

So any news at all on HSTR not being top 10 heavy?
    Also, I think a lot of people don't realise changing their payout times will change their timing for everything. That its actually changing the timezone you play in.
  • So nothing really to get excited about. Was looking forward to a droid meta with GG rework, but all hope is lost.

Still waiting on that test environment to gauge your squad setup. Seems that will be needed even more now with personal TW’s incoming.

Thought GG being released in battlefront would be a good time to rework him.

• NoobSaibot12321
    191 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Thank you CG for letting us change payout times amidst all the naysayers. It's like get in the chat or start your own. Leave the shop door open at night, don't make everyone roast cuz your a pansy and forgot your sweater at home. Peace, much love to CG.
  • KnightofCybertorn99
    67 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    So this is what i got
    B
    Carth Onosi,Canderous Ordo
    H
    Ebon Hawk
    Y
    Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker,Juhani
    O
    P
    Z
    G
    T
    N
    Meetra Surik,Malak
    Kreia
    Luke's X-wing
    U
    V
    D
    A
    F
    W
    R
    S
    I
    X
  • I like the self time zone change. I doubt i’ll be changing mine, unless my payout gets incredibly congested. But it’s a good idea. This grand arena thing seems like more of a hassle than anything. The only reason Territory wars is fun at all is because of the whole guild working together. Guildmates not following orders or not putting in the effort can take the fun out of it, but our own personal TW isn’t the answer. Squad and fleet arena are enough of a chore as it is. Now we have to mod all of our characters for grand arena, then strip their mods so that we can remod characters for raids, then remod for TB. Even with loadouts the amount of time and credits that go into modding is ridiculous already. The amount of credits I get from any of these game modes don’t even cover the cost of moving mods. Enough already!
  • All the teasing for Clone Wars stuff and General Greivous, and absolutely nothing for either? New mode or not, this “Road Ahead” is a let down.

It is a letdown but not because of boring useless clones or overrated underpowered General Grievous.
    DT_Jango wrote: »
    and what do you call what you are doing in your comment?
  • Juhani and malak :D I hope so.....

time zone changes is great to be able to change the time, twice a year is plenty.

grand arena will be fun even though I like PVE more. it brings extra game play and interesting strategies people will come up with

OT characters? slave leia lol
  • No rewards or events all weekend nice celebration for the Clone Wars, KOTOR and 3 year anniversaries. Insane road ahead! Just some **** to cover for all the miscommunication, lack of information and results from the past weeks. Instead telling is that there is no available time and when there WILL be available time certain tasks will be tackled, try to better manage your time and resources. Don't just through some Clone Trooper art rework and then expect us to not get any info on the subject. Finish up with your road ahead and then focus on the clones. Then you might have "the time" to get something almost everyone has been asking for a while now. (a.k.a. Galactic Republic, Separatist rework)

Appreciate your work all this time, just hope the focus and the drive is still there!
  • Kokie wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    DARTH_TED wrote: »
    Kinda hard to be a whale arena when playing same GP players....if the one player has inferior toons that is on them.

GP is soooo misleading. I’m a collector so I have every character unlocked and at this minute only 4 are not 7⭐️. What if somebody comparatively has a bunch of characters that are much higher levels with some they didn’t bother with. I’m gonna get my butt kicked.

Then that was the choice you made....inflated gp does nothing for you or your guild. It was a choice you made and it looks like collecting is more fun to you than competing so it shouldn't be a problem for you

That’s not true. GP is very important in TB.

Not really...I would much rather my guild have a lower gp overall with better toons than an inflated gp....get your guild strong enough and the whole argument is moot

You seem to be confusing TB with TW. GP in TB is not a matter of opinion, it directly translates to more stars.

It is not a matter of opinion your right...a good guild can easily max it without inflated gp..and irregardless I will take the Zetas and omegas from gw any day over the rewards from tb considering even if u dont quite reach the top on TB your still getting basically the same rewards

Just dropping my 2 cents here - of course GP is important for TW! The higher your guild's GP, the higher the rewards, even if you lose the war. Since my guild has become stronger, we finally still get Zetas even if we can't beat the opponent. That's a good thing. But I don't see that necessarily as a negative aspect for the new Grand Arena mode. It all comes down to how clever your own GP is built-up compared to your enemy's.
  • I guess the payout-time change is a good thing. Of course it could have some negative side effects, but I rather see the potential here to get around them much easier than before.
    Thinking of all the shard chat discussions I have read over the time, but never opened a forum account myself to comment - there seems to be no such thing in either my squad or fleet arena shard, which is great (I checked the forums for names etc.). But I guess that if I had known about the existence of shart chats, back when I started the game, it would have discouraged me a lot. (There exists no such thing as "shardmates" , mates are in my guild, in arena everyone is an enemy, period.)
    Now with this new feature, those who feel targeted by such a group and don't enjoy arena because of this issue, finally get the opportunity to just avoid them. But I would wait for a while and first see what happens in regard to other people changing their times.
  • So were gonna get the darkside kotor toons right? I just hope HK finnally gets a rework I though for sure he would have gotten touched when they did revan but they portrayed him/her as pre mandalorian wars i... think, so maybe we get malak soon and the other toons that had a more "sorted" past and fingers crossed HK becomes a more formidable leader and or fighter. Just seems to make the most sense, to me, if more kotor toons are on the way.
  • So after 3 years do you think it’s time to maybe update some of the daily challenges? I know this is often requested but it’s time.
  • BrtStlnd wrote: »
    So after 3 years do you think it’s time to maybe update some of the daily challenges? I know this is often requested but it’s time.

sounds like a really good idea, but.. you know, devs are busy )
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    What's wrong with the daily challenges?
  • Kokie wrote: »

You must be under a mil GP. The challenges are 95% worthless for anyone whose played for a long time. Only thing good in them is the carbs. We desperately need another tier with decent gear.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

You must be under a mil GP. The challenges are 95% worthless for anyone whose played for a long time. Only thing good in them is the carbs. We desperately need another tier with decent gear.

Even low GP Mace Windu's face in the challenge area means 2 days of getting nothing, at least the AGI challenge gives hypo's which you do need a bunch of while gaining GP. Mace is such a joke in this game, hah, terrible character, terrible ship due to 2.0 and terrible daily challenge drops. Another tier would be so nice for the others, but they really need to update Mace's challenge.