CG strikes again... Celebration??!!

14567810Next

Replies

• I’ve been doing my regular MOD battles for slicing. I’ve gotten a few shards that I need but mostly ones I don’t. No biggie, it’s all bonus. However, most people are saying they at least get shard store credit, but I don’t seem to get any Shard Store credit for those from the event.

Am I the only one that’s happening to?
    They’re talking about how those characters you don’t need get converted into shard shop currency. Not saying that the event directly gives shard shop currency.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.

If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

Telling her your top 3 meals include 2 things she makes, wouldn't be saying those are the only things you like.

Stop. Just stop.

No. Because it's your own fault for not reading it clearly and for getting your expectations up.

I read I'd have a chance at getting shards of some characters, which is a nice bonus on top of the mod stuff I already get when farming slicing materials. This is Magic Shell on top of ice cream.

I read it just fine. Stop. Just stop.
  • I read it as only being those three the first time I read it. Saved up credits and the first time I got someone (like the 7th pull) I re-read it and realized it wasn't exactly worded as clear as it could have been. I immediately stopped farming there and went back to my regular mod farming. Not upset as I figured it was too good to be true in the first place.
  • Day 1 player. I rarely post on here, but I just gotta say this is the best thread I've seen to date. I came looking to see if I was the only one having such horrid drop rates recently (not just this event, but everywhere in the game). Anyways, I can't believe how much you guys are raging over your own inability to read. Very clearly said clone wars characters "including". I understand making the mistake skim reading, but then to continue on with complaining about it AFTER it was proved you misread is hilarious. Thank you for brightening my day.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Jesus, then don't play the game anymore if it's so terrible, you massive whiner.

Excellent. Rather than deal with the issue, throw it out the window. Seems more immature to not deal with the issue than to 'whine' a point out.
  • Rewarded with chewie shards....
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Brownie wrote: »
    Its clear false advertising and if i had stocked energy, I'd be extremely annoyed. Thanks from the future for saving me from this stupidity. If you think they weren't trying to capitalize on this misleading communication, I have a bridge to sell you.

Ask your wife or girlfriend how she'd feel if you told her you only had three partners when in reality its in excess of 20, haha.

If you read the message it is not clearly false advertising. It could have been worded more clearly, but is no way misleading, just misunderstood.

Telling her your top 3 meals include 2 things she makes, wouldn't be saying those are the only things you like.

Stop. Just stop.

No. Because it's your own fault for not reading it clearly and for getting your expectations up.

I read I'd have a chance at getting shards of some characters, which is a nice bonus on top of the mod stuff I already get when farming slicing materials. This is Magic Shell on top of ice cream.

I read it just fine. Stop. Just stop.

If you read it just fine you wouldn’t have the problem you have. It’s okay to admit you made a mistake—pobody’s nerfect.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • 1. It was definitely poorly worded. On a first glance i mainly noted those 3 toons and was hoping for jango, but saw random clones and such when i ran 20 runs in the mod battles.
    2. It is disappointing for most end game players cause other than jango, the other toons are usually maxed out. Still, shard currency i guess.

However, it does benefit newer players and such since it helps with mods and gives random shards of useful toons (e.g. gk, dengar) so i dont see why we should be complaining. It's not a big thing, and even if only jango's shards were being dropped, u arent gonna be getting him to 7* over just 3 days.
  • Metroplex79
    832 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Got a few shards, Asajj, Clones, and Geos. Best was actually getting that 5 GK. But I already have him at 7*. Couple of times a set of 6 SIMs gave me nothing.

The useful shards I got were 1 Fisto and 1 Aayla. LOL!!!

As a Marketing major, this is a poor celebration. Marketing is about trying to get you to buy more of what you already have or want. This was getting you excited about possibly getting very little of what you want.

If this was limited to 10 Toons, and a better drop rate, it would have made more sense. I'd have accepted getting 30 (Shard Shop fodder) and 2 Jango over 3 days. I think I got a total of 12 shards so far.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Who at CG thinks that random drop rate events are good celebration rewards? Is this a giveaway or a revenue driving event?

Problem 1 - amount, some players may get 3 to 5 times the shards on the same number of tries, anniversary bonuses should be more equitable.

Problem 2 - many advanced players have most of these toons and you get no where near the same value in the exchange.

It seems to me this is another "fake giveaway" which is designed to get plyrs to spend crystals and real money.
  • They may have upped the drop rate today. I was 4 for 55 before noon today but 7 for 13 this evening. All 7 were single shards too. Might be worth a try tonight
  • Now that it's ended if thats the whole clone wars celebration.... Wow..... Weeeeeeak
  • CG office parties must be a real yawn fest
  • Hello there.

m73u1f9349wd.jpg

But I had him at 7* for months now.

At least the RNG works. LOL!!!
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Brownie wrote: »
    I may be reading into things, but it seems awfully convenient that the mod energy pack is today and must be bought before the drops go live, while the full drop details were never revealed and are clearly not what anyone expected. Even if you read 'including' there is no way you thought there would be a chance to receive 24+ different types of shards.

Whether greed or stupidity, neither of these are a good excuse for the way this was handled. Period.

Cash grabs.lolz
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    honestly free is free....

Celebration this was not...

A fun weekend this was not...like NOTHING to do....

yes you can't complain about free stuff..but can complain about a worthless holiday weekend....nothing TO DO NOTHING.....NOTHTTTTTHHING....it was borring nothing...

worst weekend in history of game...

sure you have 2 dev accounts posting woooooo a break is nice but tons of players who like to play game feel like NOTHING TO DO this weekend...nothing..

ON'T COMPLAIN ABOUT FREE STUFF..

Complain nothing to dooo...

people saying A BREAK is welcome cool.....but it's a game people who wanna play should not be punished cause you have a life....the end

yeah i'm drunk posting deal with it
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Hopefully they spice up this week with the 3 year celebrations, and more clone wars celebrations, and of course the continued Kotor teases and OT teases. Have some fun this week CG, celebrate the game with us, double drops, do something cool, give us extra nrg, some funnn :D
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Hopefully they spice up this week with the 3 year celebrations, and more clone wars celebrations, and of course the continued Kotor teases and OT teases. Have some fun this week CG, celebrate the game with us, double drops, do something cool, give us extra nrg, some funnn :D

What’s that? More marquees you say? Well here you go sir.
    Hodor