Galactic War brick wall

Okay, I've been really enjoying the galactic war section of this game, there were a couple days I couldn't complete it, but I felt it was more poor strategy on my part than inbalance most times. But today, here at lvl 62 ftp I'm barely halfway through galactic war and I ran into a team with 6-7* heavily modded nightsisters. And my strongest team can't even make a dent in this team! I know in games like this it's hard to balance every aspect from low to high end players, and I hope as I progress this issue will balance itsself out. But it's rather discouraging that merely halfway through the war I run into this brick wall.

Replies

• You are going to be vulnerable to having this happen right up to around level 80-82..... It's just bad luck of the draw..... Then eventually you will breeze through the whole thing with one team..... Then comes the sweetest day of your SWGOH life..... That's when you get to hit the sim button.....
  • At low level the best team is phoenix... farm them buddy...
  • your strongest team is not always your best team.
    GW is supposed to be hard and it is also a way to explore your full roster mainly.
    hint for nightsisters is attack with as much AOE as possible, ignore zombie if you can as she just revives.
    posting your swgoh.gg account link would help as people could give suggestions based on your roster.
    remember with GW you dont need to use just 1 team and you can retreat if it goes bad.
    as already said though soon enough you will have the magic sim button which lets you sim all 12 nodes in 1 go or you will be able to auto each with a basic team.
    keep working on stuff, post your swgoh.gg link and get advice. there is always hope......
  • Yeah but getting slaughtered 3rd match in by a team 13 levels higher is rediculous... all it makes me do is cease spending money to support the game, until they ballance it better.
  • Aikan wrote: »
    Yeah but getting slaughtered 3rd match in by a team 13 levels higher is rediculous... all it makes me do is cease spending money to support the game, until they ballance it better.

amen to that brother...Im lvl 53 and been facing lvl 76 opponents...@Devs are you serious???
  • At level 85 with five focused squads I was completing 80% of galactic wars. Update before last it switched to 20%, but ok, I need the credits and it was always the last opponent that killed me. Is it a coincidence that the new update has moved the impossible missions to the 2nd, 3rd or 4th battle? Cannot even touch daily advancement this way. It is smart, if the goal is to get people to buy crystals, dumb if their numbers show they lose 40% of each arena shard. Whatever, I don’t like it and not sure I will stick around. (Whales May fund the game but they still need competition as they rise in the ranks. Dolphins and guppies are necessary to the games success too). If I had a spare $100 a month I would just buy a play station.
  • And I will definitely not buy anything else in this or my main account unless this is fixed. Always Skip Packs, bundles if you must. Don’t be a gambler, odds are always for the House.
  • Same stupid thing here. Im level 43 and I face lvl 70 phoenix teams. Yesterday I was lvl 42 and in he second node was a lvl 62 phoenix team. How lame can it get ? My shard is new. I dont understand where from these guys come. Are they real, they dont even appear in my shard.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Xland wrote: »
    My shard is new. I dont understand where from these guys come. Are they real, they dont even appear in my shard.

Real teams — not necessarily from your own shard.

• Xland
    25 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Waqui wrote: »
    My shard is new. I dont understand where from these guys come. Are they real, they dont even appear in my shard.

Ok. Im currently level 47. What is your opinion of this guy ? I had an old account, made a long break and now made a new one. Just to see nothing changed in almost 1 and a half year. Its much much worse in fact. The third day in a row trying to get some rewards. Its impossible.
    And btw, for the EA fanboys trying to explain scientifically what the GW is all about, please have the decency and shut up.
    o57aniksp5dg.png

• Xland wrote: »

Ok. Im currently level 48. What is your opinion of this guy ? I had an old account, made a long break and now made a new one. Just to see nothing changed in almost 1 and a half year. Its much much worse in fact. The third day in a row trying to get some rewards. Its impossible.
    And btw, for the EA fanboys trying to explain scientifically what the GW is all about, please have the decency and shut up.
    o57aniksp5dg.png

This happened because your team lacks synergies and you just suck at playing the game. If you were a decent player you had a 48 level team that could destroy that easily. That’s a very very easy team for you to beat. Not only that but you should develop your roster as well. To have multiple 48 level teams to beat the crap out of that one. Do you have CLS ? Traya ? R2 ? No? Well tough luck my friend.

Don’t forget about mods. You have to have decent mods. I know, they only show up when you are level 50, but hey no one is responsible for the fact that you suck at this, right ? You are just a funny level 48 player. You can’t blame the GW matchmaking system for everything when you fail to beat a team 25 levels higher than yours.

*sarcasm*

Ok. Im currently level 47. What is your opinion of this guy ? I had an old account, made a long break and now made a new one. Just to see nothing changed in almost 1 and a half year. Its much much worse in fact. The third day in a row trying to get some rewards. Its impossible.
    o57aniksp5dg.png

Fine, nobody will bother to explain how it works. What I can tell you is that nobody cares, you can add on your complaint to the 200+ pages of GW complaints and it ain't changing. Good luck and have fun!
  • BucMan55
    246 posts Member
    edited November 2018

o57aniksp5dg.png

I'm not an EA fanboy, but this should not be happening to a level 47 account. Period. There isn't any metric where a level 47 should be encountering gear 8 opponents. much less 27 levels above you. It is a bug. And has been reported as such.

Edit: Just got this from my son's now level 56 account. I'm going to assume his account has a higher Power rating(whatever the game uses to determine it!) than your level 47 account. This is his typical battle 5 compared to your bugged battle 5.
    mhs5nvgj1gop.png
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Ok. Im currently level 47. What is your opinion of this guy ? [...]
    o57aniksp5dg.png

So, are you asking my oppinion or are you asking me to shut op? Please make up your mind, wether you want to act constructively or simply spit out rudeness.

Over and out.
  • Ok boys, none of you deserve the honor of quoting, maybe that kid who says that a lvl 47 team can easily destroy a lvl 75 team. What the ... how old are you kiddo ?
    But I have fresh news. The situation keeps getting better and better every day.
    No, Im not complaining, Im just exposing facts which should ashame the ones who designed this mechanism. Its on purpose and the reason is very simple...to force you to spend money on their pixels. The truth is that 1 year ago, I never encountered opponents higher than 10-12 levels and it was quite rare, Id say 2 times a week...maybe. But now its a nightmare. Maybe business is going bad for EA...

Again a very easy opponent which mister @jpplayer or something like that could easily destroy. No big deal for him, just a lvl 75 modded team. Because hes a very valuable player who knows that mods appear only at lvl 50 and hes batman.

And btw, feel free not to respond to this thread, its a forum and everybody is free to post opinions based on facts. Facts may be rude sometimes, yes.
    So whats the point of GW at this point, when youre a small player ? No point.

fo95x1bevsdy.png
    zvq2onexhgub.png

• Fact: GW scales to your roster
    Fact: Spending to improve your roster increases your GW difficulty
    Thus only fools will think spending money will decrease GW difficulty, why would anyone even remotely think this is a cash grab???
  • I just got over the "impossible" hump in GW that everyone seems to hit around lvl 80. The way I did it was by building a Jedi team around a zBastilla lead. I used Bastilla, Ezra, Kanan, Old Been, and Jedi Consular to unlock GMY. After obtaining GMY 7*, I built him as fast as I could. I can now beat GW everyday on auto. Hope this helps the OP.
  • I just got over the "impossible" hump in GW that everyone seems to hit around lvl 80. The way I did it was by building a Jedi team around a zBastilla lead. I used Bastilla, Ezra, Kanan, Old Been, and Jedi Consular to unlock GMY. After obtaining GMY 7*, I built him as fast as I could. I can now beat GW everyday on auto. Hope this helps the OP.

I had that too, until I ran into a EP led team on node 3 that was about 50% more GP than my crew. I can now sim(wasn't 85 at the time) so that won't be a problem anymore. There are many complaints about GW floating around here, which are drowning out the fact that there are teams WAY overpowered(from a GP perspective - not a meta toon or synergy perspective) appearing all over the GW map from node 1 to node 12. Most of the time, you get a properly balanced squad for the battle you are doing relative to your roster.

fo95x1bevsdy.png
    zvq2onexhgub.png

How can anyone claim this is normal or working as intended for a level 48 account? Even on battle 12 it is way over powered.
    Ok boys, none of you deserve the honor of quoting, maybe that kid who says that a lvl 47 team can easily destroy a lvl 75 team. What the ... how old are you kiddo ?
    But I have fresh news. The situation keeps getting better and better every day.
    No, Im not complaining, Im just exposing facts which should ashame the ones who designed this mechanism. Its on purpose and the reason is very simple...to force you to spend money on their pixels. The truth is that 1 year ago, I never encountered opponents higher than 10-12 levels and it was quite rare, Id say 2 times a week...maybe. But now its a nightmare. Maybe business is going bad for EA...

Again a very easy opponent which mister @jpplayer or something like that could easily destroy. No big deal for him, just a lvl 75 modded team. Because hes a very valuable player who knows that mods appear only at lvl 50 and hes batman.

And btw, feel free not to respond to this thread, its a forum and everybody is free to post opinions based on facts. Facts may be rude sometimes, yes.
    So whats the point of GW at this point, when youre a small player ? No point.

fo95x1bevsdy.png
    zvq2onexhgub.png

Sarcasm. Go see the definition.

I am facing the same problem as you do.

Yeah, a Bastila-led Jedi team is one of the two that can finish GW unless they hit an impossible brick wall, the other being Phoenix. However, as soon as several of your Jedi are in your top 5 characters, expect to see aforementioned brick walls on a regular basis and often on early nodes.

I've run into this phenomenon on two accounts now. It's smooth sailing through GW with Bastila until you beef up Ezra and Kanan for your Phoenix team and your Consular as a fleet asset, and suddenly you're facing GW opponents 20 levels above your own on node 5. Kick the three off your GW team, replace them with less developed Jedi, run this underpowered team two days in a row, and from then on it's smooth sailing again. It's a delicate balance, and it makes absolutely no sense to me that GW punishes people for developing their characters and spending money on the game.
  • Denzello wrote: »
    Aikan wrote: »
    Yeah but getting slaughtered 3rd match in by a team 13 levels higher is rediculous... all it makes me do is cease spending money to support the game, until they ballance it better.

amen to that brother...Im lvl 53 and been facing lvl 76 opponents...@Devs are you serious???

It's a real problem. I've only been able to complete one GW in the last 7 days and today I just hit a 92K power G12 zeta Jedi team led by Bastila Shan. My top 5 guys are only 66K power. That's a 40% difference. That's broken! As I search through the forum for information relating to GW (hoping to find an acknowledgement from the Devs that it's broken and they're working to fix it), the comments I'm finding from people frankly seem ridiculous. It ranges from the completely non-helpful advice of just suffer through the brokenness of GW until you're level 85 and can sim it, to people who are actually trying to be helpful and offer advice about how to increase their odds of winning GW using different methods and strategies (which is nice and all, but still irrelevant for the truly broken matchups). What I'm not seeing (yet) is the universal acknowledgement that GW matchmaking is broken. I'm confused about that. It is clearly broken. Unless it is the explicit desire of the Devs to match people up with battles they cannot possibly win, no matter how many attempts they take, how many teams they use, and how flawless their strategy is... then it is broken. And I would dare say that if that was the intent of the Devs... it's broken.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying that GW always produces bad matchups and that it is a complete fail. I'm not saying that at all. Most of the match-ups seem reasonable. However, there are clearly issues with some match-ups. It sounds like everyone knows that is the case. If everyone knows there is an element of the game (an important element as it's one of the best farms available) that is broken, why isn't there a stronger push to get it fixed? Is it because all the level 85s don't have to deal with it anymore and because they don't have to deal with it they don't care about everyone who does have to deal with it? Because if that's it, that's a pretty lame excuse to disregard something that is producing a bad user experience for a lot of people.

The Devs need to put caps on the match-ups that limit the power/gear discrepancies of the teams that are faced in GW. I'm not saying they need to make GW easy. I'm just saying they need to get rid of the match-ups that even they would look at and say "dang, that's broken". You know, like a 66K team getting matched up against a 92K G12 zeta team. That's broken.

• Ok. Im currently level 47. What is your opinion of this guy ? I had an old account, made a long break and now made a new one. Just to see nothing changed in almost 1 and a half year. Its much much worse in fact. The third day in a row trying to get some rewards. Its impossible.
    o57aniksp5dg.png

[/quote]

It's super frustrating. I just want the opportunity to farm GW and use the store, but horrible matchmaking is essentially putting a closed sign on the store.
  • GodlikeNay wrote: »

The Devs need to put caps on the match-ups that limit the power/gear discrepancies of the teams that are faced in GW. I'm not saying they need to make GW easy. I'm just saying they need to get rid of the match-ups that even they would look at and say "dang, that's broken". You know, like a 66K team getting matched up against a 92K G12 zeta team. That's broken.

Before the issue that arose almost 2 months ago, The match ups were working perfectly. Node 1 was around 60% of your top 5. Node 12 was around 115% your top 5. Synergy and zetas/abilities did not count. That was why you could still hit tough teams, but it was luck of the draw and usually toward the end. If you look at the numbers, they were still pretty close to where the match up was supposed to be. GW algorithm doesn't care what the synergy or the Overpoweredness of the character kit looks like. It just pulls numbers. Back late September/early October something happened where it CAN(not always - I have recently gone straight thru GWs with no screw ups, but have also seen them on node 1) pull numbers that it shouldn't be pulling for the account in question. That is where you are seeing level 50s matched with level 70 squads two to three times their GP.
  • Before the issue that arose almost 2 months ago, The match ups were working perfectly. Node 1 was around 60% of your top 5. Node 12 was around 115% your top 5. Synergy and zetas/abilities did not count. That was why you could still hit tough teams, but it was luck of the draw and usually toward the end. If you look at the numbers, they were still pretty close to where the match up was supposed to be. GW algorithm doesn't care what the synergy or the Overpoweredness of the character kit looks like. It just pulls numbers. Back late September/early October something happened where it CAN(not always - I have recently gone straight thru GWs with no screw ups, but have also seen them on node 1) pull numbers that it shouldn't be pulling for the account in question. That is where you are seeing level 50s matched with level 70 squads two to three times their GP.[/quote]

I'm confused as to why a solution seems to be so difficult for the Devs to find. Can't they just assign parameters that are used to select opponents for each of the nodes. Assign top and bottom parameters for GP and Gear. For example, if your top 5 are 70K GP with an average of G9

Node 1
    Bottom Parameter - 70% GP; G1
    Top Parameter - 85% GP; G8

Node 12
    Bottom Parameter - 105% GP; G9.5
    Top Parameter - 115%; G10.5

Just examples, but totally doable. With node 12 above, you're guaranteed to face someone with higher GP and gear, but not so much higher that it is guaranteed to be impossible. Are there some meta teams that will be harder within those parameters? Sure, maybe even some that I might not be able to beat with 1 or 2 teams, but I would take this system any day over the ridiculousness of what's out there right now.
  • GodlikeNay wrote: »
    Denzello wrote: »
    Aikan wrote: »

It's a real problem. I've only been able to complete one GW in the last 7 days and today I just hit a 92K power G12 zeta Jedi team led by Bastila Shan. My top 5 guys are only 66K power. That's a 40% difference. That's broken! As I search through the forum for information relating to GW (hoping to find an acknowledgement from the Devs that it's broken and they're working to fix it), the comments I'm finding from people frankly seem ridiculous. It ranges from the completely non-helpful advice of just suffer through the brokenness of GW until you're level 85 and can sim it, to people who are actually trying to be helpful and offer advice about how to increase their odds of winning GW using different methods and strategies (which is nice and all, but still irrelevant for the truly broken matchups). What I'm not seeing (yet) is the universal acknowledgement that GW matchmaking is broken. I'm confused about that. It is clearly broken. Unless it is the explicit desire of the Devs to match people up with battles they cannot possibly win, no matter how many attempts they take, how many teams they use, and how flawless their strategy is... then it is broken. And I would dare say that if that was the intent of the Devs... it's broken.

Let me be clear, I'm not saying that GW always produces bad matchups and that it is a complete fail. I'm not saying that at all. Most of the match-ups seem reasonable. However, there are clearly issues with some match-ups. It sounds like everyone knows that is the case. If everyone knows there is an element of the game (an important element as it's one of the best farms available) that is broken, why isn't there a stronger push to get it fixed? Is it because all the level 85s don't have to deal with it anymore and because they don't have to deal with it they don't care about everyone who does have to deal with it? Because if that's it, that's a pretty lame excuse to disregard something that is producing a bad user experience for a lot of people.

Thank you. It’s exactly what I think. This should be in a new post for everybody to read.
  • Today I was only able to beat the first battle at lvl 77. The second battle Jengo Fett would build his health up over and over. My best squad was no match, not even close. GW isn’t even fun now. It’s not even competitive. I’m getting real tired of this game and flushing money down the drain. I’m probably gonna quit soon if things don’t change because the money I’m spending and the frustration I get isn’t worth it.