The Road Ahead: 11/09/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    What's wrong with the daily challenges?

You must be under a mil GP. The challenges are 95% worthless for anyone whose played for a long time. Only thing good in them is the carbs. We desperately need another tier with decent gear.

Even low GP Mace Windu's face in the challenge area means 2 days of getting nothing, at least the AGI challenge gives hypo's which you do need a bunch of while gaining GP. Mace is such a joke in this game, hah, terrible character, terrible ship due to 2.0 and terrible daily challenge drops. Another tier would be so nice for the others, but they really need to update Mace's challenge.
    Ships is great if you know how to use it and the team. I run it in fleet (again)
  • I would love to see the daily challenge updated with relevant items for Mace’s challenge. The so called tank gear offered is not even used by tanks anymore. They’re all mkv stun guns, carbanti, and golden eyeballs with more stun guns and droid callers.

It really would not hurt to update content, it’s a single days coding to create a new relevant tier.
  • I would love to see the daily challenge updated with relevant items for Mace’s challenge. The so called tank gear offered is not even used by tanks anymore. They’re all mkv stun guns, carbanti, and golden eyeballs with more stun guns and droid callers.

It really would not hurt to update content, it’s a single days coding to create a new relevant tier.

It’s not that it’s hard to do, it’s they don’t want to give us anything that they can sell, so I wouldn’t expect a new teir at all.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Kokie wrote: »
    What's wrong with the daily challenges?

You must be under a mil GP. The challenges are 95% worthless for anyone whose played for a long time. Only thing good in them is the carbs. We desperately need another tier with decent gear.

I was only joking lol
  • Well I'm happy with that sounds fun keep up the good work this game is a blast to play my only complaint is I have two accounts and not enough time for all the events some times but I still wouldn't change a thing
  • Lame

True
  • Maybe a stupid question (so I'm taking the hit for anyone else wondering!) but: With the upcoming ability to change your reset time to something more convenient does that also mean you will be switched into a different shard/server? Or will you remain in your current arena/fleet shard but just have a different reset time that better suits your life?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question (so I'm taking the hit for anyone else wondering!) but: With the upcoming ability to change your reset time to something more convenient does that also mean you will be switched into a different shard/server? Or will you remain in your current arena/fleet shard but just have a different reset time that better suits your life?

You stay in your shard/server but get a new time-zone, so your refreshes for nrg change and times your shop refreshes changes ect, for a more convenient payout time.

Its cool cause you can work it around work and dinner now, choose when you want to arena hit and when to get your refreshes, with no penalty unless many others change to your new time, lol.

I would love to see the daily challenge updated with relevant items for Mace’s challenge. The so called tank gear offered is not even used by tanks anymore. They’re all mkv stun guns, carbanti, and golden eyeballs with more stun guns and droid callers.

It’s not that it’s hard to do, it’s they don’t want to give us anything that they can sell, so I wouldn’t expect a new teir at all.

Hey, if they added in even one Carb drop to Mace's challenge I'd be happy!

Even just make his top tier only drop Carbs and nothing else. The True Tank Gear.
  • @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

You are gonna keep delivering nothing throughout the whole week? Or was it just the weekend that was gonna be awful?? WHERE IS THE 3 year anniversary, where is the Clone War anniversary, and don't tell me about the helmets. Jeezz guys! In the past for simple mistakes or issues with the server we would receive some type of small reward. Now that you are making all this money out of your players and not even a single a*s event??

Come on!!!
  • I and many others would love a gear rework. Even with hstr, tw, tb, special events etc, we all still have characters who need hundreds of stun guns, stun cuffs, mk 8 and 9 gear etc., and it still takes way to long to get that gear. Either we need better gear and more of it from all the places I've mentioned or gear obtained from battles needs to be guaranteed. At least one per sim ticket.

I just know it takes waaaaay too long to gear many characters.
  • OH55 wrote: »
    I and many others would love a gear rework. Even with hstr, tw, tb, special events etc, we all still have characters who need hundreds of stun guns, stun cuffs, mk 8 and 9 gear etc., and it still takes way to long to get that gear. Either we need better gear and more of it from all the places I've mentioned or gear obtained from battles needs to be guaranteed. At least one per sim ticket.

I just know it takes waaaaay too long to gear many characters.

Agreed! An extra tier in the daily challenges would be really awesome! But they are making money this way and they are not going to change this. They might tell us that the added some more slots on the Shipments for more money!!!!
  • I would really love to see some QoL improvements planned. We now have TBs, TWs, STR, two arenas and multiple new events. This game requires more and more time to stay competitive and I am frankly not quite sure how long can I keep this up.
  • How do you actually change the payout times? Is there an in game button or do you contact someone? If so where is the link!
  • How do you actually change the payout times? Is there an in game button or do you contact someone? If so where is the link!

They haven't told us yet how that will work.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

You are gonna keep delivering nothing throughout the whole week? Or was it just the weekend that was gonna be awful?? WHERE IS THE 3 year anniversary, where is the Clone War anniversary, and don't tell me about the helmets. Jeezz guys! In the past for simple mistakes or issues with the server we would receive some type of small reward. Now that you are making all this money out of your players and not even a single a*s event??

Come on!!!

can't say this enough......worst weekend in history of game....devs should be ashamed
  • Obitoo_johnobi11
    122 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie @CG_SBCrumb

Come on!!!

can't say this enough......worst weekend in history of game....devs should be ashamed

Yeah man! No apology for anything that went wrong, then they answer mostly to questions about the time changes and haven't replied to any of the questions for days now. Nothing on the leaks. No Q&A, no nothing! Thank you but no thank you on this howash you call road ahead. Sounds more like road behind! I don't expect every weekend to be exciting but this one had too many things to be waiting for and got absolutely nothing, not even an explanation. You gave you just some info so you can cover your butts on all the rage that was going on and that was it! nice!

Edited to remove swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I love this thread. It's so....satisfying.

RevolvingConfusedBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I love this thread. It's so....satisfying.

RevolvingConfusedBushbaby-size_restricted.gif

Good meme placement and relevant! This was the perfect weekend to drop veteran Rex, Wolfe and Gregor as we, as a world, celebrated the end of World War 1 for a Clone Wars tie in. Total opportunity missed with adding something a lot of us want with Synergy with Fulcrum.
  • I'd much rather see Jabba the Hutt(OT) come in the game much more than a GG rework hands down!!!!

I would much rather have a slave Princess Leia. To each his own.
  • Tynnribbe wrote: »
    harunalp wrote: »
    I think it's time to stop playing

NO TİME ZONE CHANGE PLEASE!!!

Then don't change. What's your issue?

The issue is I don't want my payout time flooded with a bunch of jackoffs from the East coast. And there is no valid reason to need to change your payout times twice a year, unless your trying to game the system.

The current policy with changing it once to match your current time zone is plenty. By allowing users to pick and choose their own payout times you'll punish all the players that aren't in shard chats.

I agree some people will try to game the system, but after some thought on it - it won't be easy to move your payout more than a couple of hours. I was thinking of moving my payout back to 22:00, with fleet at 23:00. Kids and wife are asleep. However, I would lose the 21:00 energy unless I want to set an alarm for 2:00!

I live in Japan, and each August I return to Canada for three weeks. The two time xone moves will work nicely for that purpose.
  • 1) I don't see how the timezone change makes things any better. In fact, now if a bunch of my shard mates elect for an earlier payout I now have to watch out for getting sniped even EARLIER in the day than I do now. So, to then compensate would have to either move my time earlier too, or much further west to allow time to make my place up. Further, now shard chats have even better methods of colluding if they can split between multiple time zones for payout, feasibly making the lockout even worse for someone not colluding with them (over multiple hours now), and INCREASING the rewards for behavior fairly explicitly against CG/EA policy. Why not just allow us to get the payout at a set time for our highest daily rank?

2) I'm really confused as to what was so groundbreaking in this announcement that required it being delayed so long. Grand Arena? OT characters? What was it?
  • So how/when can we change payout times ? And will it make us change shards ?
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    All the teasing for Clone Wars stuff and General Greivous, and absolutely nothing for either? New mode or not, this “Road Ahead” is a let down.

I did say somewhere that Ahnald would be among the first to know, but the GG rework speculation came from leaks. We can’t comment on leaks. I’m sorry that someone speculated that though as he is not in this quarter.

An earlier version of the Road Ahead covered the Anakin fighter, Clone helmets, and Clone TW events. We are hoping to take the lessons learned from the Clone Wars TW and apply it to the future, especially as Grand Arena will cover the “play it the right way” fix for TW style competition.

@CG_Carrie I’ve been happy for the most part with the recent changes, like mod sorting, auto’ing gw, etc.

However, this last content update, clone helmets and tw stuff, was a big miss imho. Forgive me for sounding harsh but it feels like a lazy update.

The helmets couldn’t have been very hard to add. Also, it’s purely cosmetic. Clones are still not a viable team. A better cosmetic change would’ve been to remove the helmet from cs and make him Wolffe or another famous clone.

Their kits need a rework as well.

QoL things like a “remove all” button for mods, not requiring brand new toons/ships in Tb platoons, at least not every single platoon. That services prolly less than 1% of your player base. It is an apparent money grab. I fully realize that this game has to make money. I spend and paid a lot for revan, bc I wanted to use him in arena. A better alternative would be if you are going to release game changing toons like revan, maybe pay for them. But when you charge $40 for a pack that has a few ship shards and 80 shards of a toon everyone has anyway(anikans ship) that’s just blatant. Sorry, not meant to be a gripe session. I feel like some changes could make almost everyone happy and shouldn’t be very hard to implement, while still allowing CG to make a living. If you’re interested at all in more feedback, would love to discuss further in a pm.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Maybe a stupid question (so I'm taking the hit for anyone else wondering!) but: With the upcoming ability to change your reset time to something more convenient does that also mean you will be switched into a different shard/server? Or will you remain in your current arena/fleet shard but just have a different reset time that better suits your life?

5% of the people have serious time zone issues and will get a major QOL boost. Some of them will go to a crowded payout and maybe even suffer in rank because of it but at least it will be manageable because of time change. (At least they get to play)

the other 95% will talk it over with their shard chat and they will all change times so the least amount of people will be on each payout. And ensure every hour is blocked for anyone who might have been able to move up. People who can't move up due to shard chats will still be stuck

If after that time change people feel like all of a sudden there is one or two snipers they are having trouble dealing with will move to another hour..

That second change will be super important because once they move to a different hour if 5 or 6 whales decide that's where they want to play....your only gonna get ONE more chance to move to that golden payout where everyone leaves you alone...

So this is a BIG QOL for some people....for the majority it's just a way to rearrange the shard chats so everyone benefits..(That's not a bad thing) (But just wait for the MEGA SUPER millions of incoming forum posts about how the shard chat mafia's have ruined everything or are runing the game etc.)

I'm sure there will be people who will find at open spot at 3AM and will set their alarm to 230 every day wakeup fight 3 quick battles then go back to bed just so no one is sniping at them...

But yeah for the majority this is just a way to find an easier payout...and then the leftovers will actually be people who wanted to change times because of family and stuff.

I'm interested in how this affects me because I can't get into the mafia chat on my shard...I would like to know if Don Corleone could find a spot in the 20's where they would just leave me alone...I mean when your blackballed from being in the top 30 you know they are gangsters

EDIT : actually recently Traya and Revan have blackballed me not the shard chat lol
  • So this is what i got
    B
    Carth Onosi,Canderous Ordo
    H
    Ebon Hawk
    Y
    Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker,Juhani
    O
    P
    Z
    G
    T
    N
    Meetra Surik,Malak
    Kreia
    Luke's X-wing
    U
    V
    D
    A
    F
    W
    R
    S
    I
    X

You got this based off of what? Is this just your speculation or is this based off the clue they gave us?
  • So this is what i got
    B
    Carth Onosi,Canderous Ordo
    H
    Ebon Hawk
    Y
    Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker,Juhani
    O
    P
    Z
    G
    T
    N
    Meetra Surik,Malak
    Kreia
    Luke's X-wing
    U
    V
    D
    A
    F
    W
    R
    S
    I
    X

You got this based off of what? Is this just your speculation or is this based off the clue they gave us?

If you start with h and skip 3 letters it spells hot las puzzle solved :D
  • CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    RE: PAYOUT TIME CHANGE

its twice per year... can you clarify? Calendar year or Two Time Zone changes every 12 months after the first time zone change?
    You will be given two time change tokens. You can use them at any time you like, twice in a row, or wait until daylight savings comes. Or never. Your choice.
    Might I suggest that one gets three time change tokens a year instead of two. That way you can use two for DST starting and stopping, and one for life event related changes.

• 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited November 2018
  • still no ship raid?

• This was the perfect weekend to drop veteran Rex, Wolfe and Gregor as we, as a world, celebrated the end of World War 1 for a Clone Wars tie in. Total opportunity missed...

Dude - No! You don't do that. You just don't. I'd find that distasteful beyond belief, and I imagine I'm not alone in this.