Grand Arena Megathread

Replies

  • I'm pretty much assuming that anyone with a similar GP that has been playing much longer than myself has much faster mods. I'm already planning on congratulating my opponents on beating my zero defenses set 😂
  • Remember less marquee events tht lasted long one is coming now again.
  • I'd like to see Grand Arena have a new store with a new currency and new characters to farm
  • Another whale feature. Congrats
  • Sewpot
    1098 posts Member
    ApA1233 wrote: »
    Are you going to be able to stop the android users with their apk? So that the rest of us who would not cheat don’t get screwed like the old tournaments? @CG_SBCrumb
    Agree with all of this ^^^^
    That’s what ruined the last tournament. Can’t imagine how you fixed that. Besides 28 day bans like last time. Lame

  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    ApA1233 wrote: »
    Are you going to be able to stop the android users with their apk? So that the rest of us who would not cheat don’t get screwed like the old tournaments? @CG_SBCrumb


    I hope there is an answer for this because otherwise I have no interest in a grand arena.
  • Vice_torn wrote: »
    DadKev wrote: »
    Sounds good really cant understand the negative coments. But this is the internet after all

    I dont understand the negative comments either.

    Then your a fool..... Wait ou will find out why.

    Preemptive complaining? Saying negative comments before one even seeing the mechanics of it seems the real foolish thing. But some people just like to whine

  • Kokie
    1201 posts Member
    Cheating is virtually impossible in this game anymore. Dont believe me? Well try it and see what happens lol. One of my not so bright buddies tried a apk hack not so long ago and was banned within minutes
  • ottomaddux wrote: »
    Joker41NAM wrote: »
    Yet another time-sink, in a game that already requires way too much time.

    Not sure how it takes too much time! Your dailys can be done in under 5 mins! Theres an auto pilot button if you're busy in real life! If you enjoy the game just play it if you don't enjoy go play chess and let us know how long that game takes lol

    Kind of a straw man argument. If you try to rebut an argument at least try to use logic. Or go the other way and go extreme, like you think this takes to long try making peace in the middle east and see how long that takes. It is nonsense, but at least you would have tried.

    Lol you went from swgoh to peace in middle east? Rock on homie! Hahah
  • Kokie wrote: »
    Cheating is virtually impossible in this game anymore. Dont believe me? Well try it and see what happens lol. One of my not so bright buddies tried a apk hack not so long ago and was banned within minutes

    That’s good to know, and that was alledged back in the day, however it still happened and they would just say report it. But when you reported it nothing happened to said cheater.
  • lovemat wrote: »
    I'd like to see Grand Arena have a new store with a new currency and new characters to farm

    Maybe not new characters, but characters that went to hard nodes this year.
  • Will there be a grand arena store?
  • My 2 cents... the Grand Arena is a good idea overall, and a logical next step for the game. It may be a time sink, but only as much as every other game mode, excluding GW.

    The game has been lacking in invidivualized content, and this will largely fill that gap. Thus far, the only places to shine individually, and be rewarded for it, is in squad a d fleet arena, and in raid ranking.

    There is one obvious problem that needs to be addressed BEFORE it goes live.

    @CG_SBCrumb please prevent players from pulling their mods before matchup to get easier opponents, then putting them back before rosters lock. Alternatively, lock rosters at the time the matchups are made. TYFYT.
  • Sounds good and all, but I’d really like to see a sandbox where you could choose your opponents and take squads up against them to try them out and get better at utilizing them.
  • I was really hoping for real time arena. You devs should look into a mobile game called summoners war, their platform is similar to swgoh and they implemented a real time arena last year. The new arena turned the meta upside down and put new life in the game.
  • DEMIZER wrote: »
    I was really hoping for real time arena. You devs should look into a mobile game called summoners war, their platform is similar to swgoh and they implemented a real time arena last year. The new arena turned the meta upside down and put new life in the game.

    It also has a sandbox mode.
  • Sounds good and all, but I’d really like to see a sandbox where you could choose your opponents and take squads up against them to try them out and get better at utilizing them.

    I agree a sandbox mode would be great. However, I do think this could be fun. I understand the negative comments but I ca see that they wouldn't listen to them much since no matter what they do people won't like it. That, and the fact that they've already announced it and can't really go back on it without getting just as much hate.
  • Can you please tell us, what are the rewards? Guild War Tokens or some rare special shards?
  • Will the rewards scale like Guild Tb ? ie do peeps with say 2.5m get the same as a 4.5 mill winner? I ask as if the rewards are significant and the same for all brackets then the incentive to move up won’t be there. It should scale like tb.
  • As this is not a guild event I wouldn't expect guild tokens as a reward. Personally, just give me crystal and I will spend them in shipments for what I need :)

    I have never been that much into TW, I just see it as a way to get extra zeta. So the same for Grand Arena, win or lose you get extra stuff so even though not excited about I have nothing to complain about.
  • I really want to like this, but players like me are going to get slaughtered. I have a solid GP, 3.5, because I have everything (minus Revan and Traya [shes close, finally]) at L85 and at least G7, with many 7* toons. Collectors mindset. I really hope GP isn’t the only input into matchmaking. Fewer toons at g12+ w/ L6 mods at the same GP will run my table.
    Ooba hutar.
  • I really want to like this, but players like me are going to get slaughtered. I have a solid GP, 3.5, because I have everything (minus Revan and Traya [shes close, finally]) at L85 and at least G7, with many 7* toons. Collectors mindset. I really hope GP isn’t the only input into matchmaking. Fewer toons at g12+ w/ L6 mods at the same GP will run my table.

    So you should get to face players with less gp because you chose to collect instead of building a competitive roster?

    I'm sure that is completely fair for those with lower gp to have to compete with you rather than those with similar gp. But in all seriousness, everyone has some fat in their rosters and even if it's straight gp deciding things, I doubt you'd lose every battle. But to an extent, if your roster has less gear 12 characters because you collected instead, you deserve to lose to those that spent their resources towards a pvp roster.
  • I'll hold back my opinion until I can try it some. Though to be completely upfront and honest - if the matchmaking is remotely as poor as guild TW, I'll be as excited about it as I am about guild TW, which is not at all.
  • thatguy181 wrote: »
    I'll hold back my opinion until I can try it some. Though to be completely upfront and honest - if the matchmaking is remotely as poor as guild TW, I'll be as excited about it as I am about guild TW, which is not at all.

    I don't think it'll be as bad. It should, at least in theory, be easier to match single players rather than groups of 50.

    Even straight gp would probably work ok. Yes those that collect would be at a disadvantage but that is the nature of collecting vs focusing on pvp. Though unless you geared your entire collection, the impact of 7 staring every character is minimal since they add maybe 1000 gp each. Out of 2 or 3 million it probably makes little difference.

    That could easily be solved in the same way it is for gw. Put a floor on there for toons to be able to be used and only count gp of toons above that floor. For gw it's 6000 but 10,000 would be good since most toons below that are pretty useless for a game mode such as this.

    That would also allow 7 staring of toons for platoons and putting low level gear that we have 1000s of on useless toons to slightly inflate gp for tb without a penalty as long as that toon isn't above 10,000 gp.
  • My only issue with this is the time commitment. Between TBs, TWs, STR, both arenas and multiple events, SWGOH requires more and more play time to stay competitive. I was really hoping to see some serious QoL improvements instead of this.
  • RawdSW wrote: »
    My only issue with this is the time commitment. Between TBs, TWs, STR, both arenas and multiple events, SWGOH requires more and more play time to stay competitive. I was really hoping to see some serious QoL improvements instead of this.

    It really depends on the day. Our guild has hstr on farm so on the two days a week that it runs, I spend a couple hours trying for a good score. Same with haat. Rancor is a couple min on auto.

    But there are other times when there is literly nothing to do for late game players. Sure there's the arena climbs but that's in a narrow window of the day for your payout.

    Most events are autoable if your late game. Though more sim buttons woukd be nice. But the events aren't a challenge that take hours for most. They maybe for some and at a time they were for me but eventually your roster out grows it.

    Also if it is similar to gw it probably won't be much of a time sink. They said they are having a 24hr period to do your attacks so no time pressure there. Just when you have time. The attack phase you'll have to use 5 or 6 teams maybe. At 5 min each win or lose that's less than an hour.

    There will likely be a join period of 24hrs, a set defense period of 24hrs. And an attack phase of 24hrs. So about two a week if they run them constantly.

    Joining takes a few secinds. Setting defense likely takes a few minutes. Less once you decide what you want to set each time. And attacking may take an hour or so. Remember no waiting on the guild.

    So probably 2hrs a week. Hardly a huge time sink.
  • RawdSW wrote: »
    My only issue with this is the time commitment. Between TBs, TWs, STR, both arenas and multiple events, SWGOH requires more and more play time to stay competitive. I was really hoping to see some serious QoL improvements instead of this.

    [...]
    So probably 2hrs a week. Hardly a huge time sink.

    I don't think we play the same game then. I spend an hour a day on average. Fleet battles alone take twenty minutes total easy and you have to time them well if you want a decent payout. Add regular arena fights and you are looking at half an hour for the PvP aspect alone.

    And then there is collecting four types of energy at set times, spending it to make sure it doesn't max out, checking various stores for useful gear, non-simmable TB fights, non-simmable events, challenges with their cooldown timer - there is no way it can all be done in 20 minutes a day as you claim.
  • RawdSW wrote: »
    RawdSW wrote: »
    My only issue with this is the time commitment. Between TBs, TWs, STR, both arenas and multiple events, SWGOH requires more and more play time to stay competitive. I was really hoping to see some serious QoL improvements instead of this.

    [...]
    So probably 2hrs a week. Hardly a huge time sink.

    I don't think we play the same game then. I spend an hour a day on average. Fleet battles alone take twenty minutes total easy and you have to time them well if you want a decent payout. Add regular arena fights and you are looking at half an hour for the PvP aspect alone.

    And then there is collecting four types of energy at set times, spending it to make sure it doesn't max out, checking various stores for useful gear, non-simmable TB fights, non-simmable events, challenges with their cooldown timer - there is no way it can all be done in 20 minutes a day as you claim.

    No it'll add 2hrs a week most likely. And it'll be at your convenience on when to do it those days.

    I agree with you. I spend maybe 2 or 3 hrs a day on arenas. But most of that is cd timers. I get everything else done while waiting in arena and in maybe another 30 min a day in the morning. Except raids. Thise you have to do when they are launched.
Sign In or Register to comment.