Checkup on the Sith Triumvirate Raid [MEGA]

Replies

• What GP is your Guild? 150M

What tiers did your Guild try?How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? Heroic- less than 2 hours

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)

They seem worse, we have a running joke as to how long top 10 can go without getting a fully built piece at this point.

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?

Tough keeping up in tw since we very rarely get g12 pieces for our bracket.

Which change did you like the most?

Honestly the changes did very little, I think people are overlooking the fact that new characters made it easier (BH,Chewy,Revan, etc) it wasn't the changes but new toons that made it easier.

Which change did you like the least?

Chances at gear drops should be expanded outside of top 10, it forces players to leave guilds or simply stop trying which is the exact reason you wanted change to initiated more activity it is now less.

How has your overall experience changed since the update?
    Top ten players have to pick between their own gear and dropping out so that others can get a turn at the rng gear lottery. It's become more frustrating from a heroic player perspective.
  • Warp3dM1nd
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    CG seriously get it together. The rewards are horrible for the time invested. The lower guilds need those rewards and they need a substantial amount of them not 1, 2 or 3 pieces. Spread the rewards through the whole guild who participated just because people placed in the top 10 doesn't mean they alone should get the best rewards.

Raids are a TEAM effort so the rewards should be distributed evenly and maybe give the top 10 a couple more pieces. Regardless everybody who contributes in the raid especially t4+ should get a sizable amount of gear that is needed to grow our toons so we can progress up the tiers. We can complete HPit and HAAt in hours and get FAR FAR better rewards then spending 2 weeks on T5 STR and get worse rewards from supposedly the hardest raid in game. T4+ should give far better rewards then the other 2 heroic raids but it doesn't.

You have the numbers to back it up and you know full well that over 70% of the guilds wont be anywhere close to HSTR in 2 years time. Im glad the whale and kraken guilds have traya on farm and now to make matters worse they are sending their guys out to guilds struggling HSTR so they can farm G12 pieces . I guess you didn't think about that.

So the gap is widening between the top guilds and the middle and lower. As I stated soon there won't be any mid level guilds just the 5 to 10% and then the rest of us. A good friend of mine playing the game since inception with a solid guild who had alot of fun and was always full just disbanded the other day. Most of them deleted their accounts and walked away. This is happening all over the lower guilds and soon many wont be left.

Other games that have been out the time this game has made adjustments to allow the new and lower mid plauer and easier time to catch up. This is only game I have ever seen that refuses to do that and the STR is the prime example and poster child for this. Its not like these new players can join a well establish guild because those guilds only want people who can contribute not a mid to new player.

You guys have smoked and mirrored us for far to long. You might want to take a look around and ask yourself do you want this game to continue for years to come or do you want it to train wreck in the next year or so. There is plenty of games you can research and see that your walking the same path as them and what the end result will be,

CG_Carrie if you are happy with the fact that most guilds wont even be able to attempt HSTR in 2 years time then I guess we should get ready for EAs patented move when one game player base and revenue dry up just create SWGOH 2 !!!!
  • @Warp3dM1nd how many guilds do you think are completing HSith / Tank / Ranc at Heroic level?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    @Warp3dM1nd how many guilds do you think are completing HSith / Tank / Ranc at Heroic level?

Less than 1300 guilds are completing HSTR as we just beat our first and are in 1200’s rank.... so what 60k players out of what million 2 million how many play the game...

Pretty crappy if u ask me gap gets bigger
  • @Warp3dM1nd how many guilds do you think are completing HSith / Tank / Ranc at Heroic level?
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    @Warp3dM1nd how many guilds do you think are completing HSith / Tank / Ranc at Heroic level?

Less than 1300 guilds are completing HSTR as we just beat our first and are in 1200’s rank.... so what 60k players out of what million 2 million how many play the game...

Pretty crappy if u ask me gap gets bigger

There you have it in hard numbers at the millions playing this game roughly 60k are doing HSTR. We can say maybe another 20k might be ready to soon start doing HSTR. So that leaves somewhere in the neighborhood of 1mil+ no where close to HSTR and I would venture to say T6.

So the question is do you really think guilds that haven't already been destroyed by STR are going to put in the effort to do HSTR in 2 YEARS. The answer is NO.

I will reiterate the small guilds 70gp and lower don't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the current pace. Hell people playing 2+ years are having a hard time. With that being the case the new player retention is plummeting. I forget which gamechanger on YT it was that said over 80% of the new people quit between LvL 30 and 50.

The reason why is they have no hope of catching up. Maybe if the game paused right now and completely stopped they might could at least start getting in to the good parts in a year and half. Of course that wont happen. As CG adds more Trayas, Revans, Chewie, and others it just means they will be pushed back farther and farther. Nobody wants to play a game thats going to take them 3+ years to unlock even half the content.

I mean I just recently got CLS who is old news and working on JTR. I have consigned myself that I wont be seeing any of the new stuff for several years if the game is still around which I doubt and if it is it will just be whales and krakens fighting each other.

In the last 8 months CG has done everything in their power to destroy this game and it started with the debacle of STR and how long it took them to attempt and fail to fix it. The Chewie and Revan fiasco and the list goes on.

Not even going to start on EA and how they think Apple wont yank all their apps for breaking laws. Once Apple does it Google wont be far behind. Goole is already considering yanking the editors choice award based off player and their own undercover employees in the game writing up reviews on CG and the way they handle everything

Rant over for now....

• Warp3dM1nd wrote: »
    There you have it in hard numbers at the millions playing this game roughly 60k are doing HSTR. We can say maybe another 20k might be ready to soon start doing HSTR. So that leaves somewhere in the neighborhood of 1mil+ no where close to HSTR and I would venture to say T6.

So the question is do you really think guilds that haven't already been destroyed by STR are going to put in the effort to do HSTR in 2 YEARS. The answer is NO.

I will reiterate the small guilds 70gp and lower don't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the current pace. Hell people playing 2+ years are having a hard time. With that being the case the new player retention is plummeting. I forget which gamechanger on YT it was that said over 80% of the new people quit between LvL 30 and 50.
    I'm not meaning to be salty here, because I do agree with much of what you say, but there does seem to be a lot of guesswork in your "hard numbers". Do millions really play this game, if 80% of them drop out between levels 30 and 50? And where does the 20k figure come from?

From what I can tell reading this thread, the issue with STR is that many guilds who aren't doing HSTR feel absolutely no drive to push to get there, because the rewards for lower tiers are so rubbish versus the time and effort required to earn them.

Game modes like TB are much better than this, I feel. In TB the difference between one prize tier and the next is much smaller, so guilds who are earning, say, 23* are not massively disadvantaged compared to a guild earning 29*.

But as things stand, guilds not doing HSTR feel as they though may as well not bother doing lower tiers. And as long as this is the case, you are correct - the gap will continue to widen.
  • What GP is your Guild? 85M GP
    What tiers did your Guild try? We used to toggle between 3 and 4. We jumped straight to 6
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? Tier 6 takes us 3 days
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete) Yes...MUCH, MUCH better
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Definitely
    Which change did you like the most? The rewards change and DN change
    Which change did you like the least? N/A
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? Our guild is very happy with the change. We went from 50% participation to full participation. The better rewards and getting through DN faster make it a much better experience for everyone.
  • Warp3dM1nd wrote: »

I'm not meaning to be salty here, because I do agree with much of what you say, but there does seem to be a lot of guesswork in your "hard numbers". Do millions really play this game, if 80% of them drop out between levels 30 and 50? And where does the 20k figure come from?

From what I can tell reading this thread, the issue with STR is that many guilds who aren't doing HSTR feel absolutely no drive to push to get there, because the rewards for lower tiers are so rubbish versus the time and effort required to earn them.

Game modes like TB are much better than this, I feel. In TB the difference between one prize tier and the next is much smaller, so guilds who are earning, say, 23* are not massively disadvantaged compared to a guild earning 29*.

But as things stand, guilds not doing HSTR feel as they though may as well not bother doing lower tiers. And as long as this is the case, you are correct - the gap will continue to widen.

10 million+ have downloaded this game. If we use a little bit of reasoning since I dont have hard facts. We can assume out of those 10mil more then half quit quit within the first couple of weeks. Then we can optimistically say from the reports about new player retention that out of the 5 mil left maybe 2 to 3 million is left playing the game on a semi regular basis.

This is just a little guess work and common sense. IF thos numbers are higher in the retention department. Then you have 60k players doing HSTR and being generous lets say another 40k getting ready to step up. That leaves on the low end around 1.9 mil and on the high end maybe as much as 3+ mil. Those numbers are staggering and whats worse is CG sees this and refuses to fix the broken system.

None of us are asking for handouts but we are asking for a reasonable chance to progress to HSTR whihc at this point is impossible for 80 to 90% of the guilds. Meanwhile STR is still continuing to rip guilds apart. Yeah they increased the rewards a paltry amount of and with those rewards we should be ready for HSTR if another ridiculously hard hard raid comes out to put the final nail in the coffin.

• We're a 42m gp guild. We are able to do t4 in about 5 hours. So we moved up to t5 and it took us 5 days to beat it. I have pretty maxed JTR and Nightsister squads. I finished 1st in both t4 and t5 and the rewards for p5 do not justify the time needed to complete it. We want to build up to get Traya, but the amount of time needed to get to that point doesn't make sense.

We are very active in our guild and people stopped hitting t5 because it was so much harder than t4. I like a good challenge. But this isn't a challenge. This is just hoping you get lucky enough to do enough to get past the level. It doesn't seem like skill is needed, more about luck with turn meter and being able to land speed down and other debuffs. And it ended up not being fun.

I play this game because I enjoy playing it. I do not enjoy the sith raid in the slightest. No game's success should be predicated on luck.
  • @Scottk525

The only downside with running a 5-hour Sith Raid is the raid ticket cost to launch is prohibitively expensive. You'll run out of tickets rapidly whereas with the T5 you're able to always relaunch as you'll typically be hitting launch cost when it ends.

That, and GET. Always get those GET.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Can we get the purple gear needed to for g12 added on the Sith Triumvirate Raid Reward Prize boxes? We have g11 stuff, g12 and g12+ stuff but not the 1 or 2 gear slots needed to push a character from g11 to g12 which is odd
  • Let's put this another way, rancor takes 10-20 mins, heroic tank takes about a hour for us. Give or take depending who is on. We can burn through sith tier 5 in 2/ 3 days. Tier 6 is right now taking us 5-6 days. People just don't want to deal with phase 1 or phase 4. Heroic is just not happening.
  • Dallamar wrote: »
    Let's put this another way, rancor takes 10-20 mins, heroic tank takes about a hour for us. Give or take depending who is on. We can burn through sith tier 5 in 2/ 3 days. Tier 6 is right now taking us 5-6 days. People just don't want to deal with phase 1 or phase 4. Heroic is just not happening.

+1

It's not though I think that any specific phase is a pain. Rather you have to invest way more time and resources for STR than the equivalent pit or aat tier for comparable rewards. Which is a big demotivator if it takes a guild 1 hour for haat but days to get the same rewards from sith. By the time you burn through Sith in the same amount of time you're likely hsith ready making tier 4-6 completion moot.

The dev's set themselves up where the only way to make tier 4-6 truly worthwhile and representative of time required to complete the tier would be to increase guild currency 5× or greater.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Dallamar wrote: »
    Let's put this another way, rancor takes 10-20 mins, heroic tank takes about a hour for us. Give or take depending who is on. We can burn through sith tier 5 in 2/ 3 days. Tier 6 is right now taking us 5-6 days. People just don't want to deal with phase 1 or phase 4. Heroic is just not happening.

Wait until you get to Heroic and hit P3. Chexmix or bust and it's an RNG, constant restarting nightmare.
  • This raid robbed our full guild of 10 folks immediately, and easily twice that number since. Half quit or went to HSTR capable guilds. The rewards vs time invested are total garbage. Getting full participation in the raid is impossible. Huge. Springfield. Tirefire. Roaring.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Finding more and more difficult to support a team that feels a raid boss should be able to do 95k in a single hit which over powers almost all protection and health and then isolates members with no way to cleanse. Do you folks even know what Traya’s abilities were?

Her lightsaber buff cadence will be normalized. **** just had all 3 of her lightsabers start with foresight, toppled her, all 3 returned with foresight attacked and kept foresight. Toppled her again and returned with foresight and kept it for 2 turns. I have a strong suspicion you folks do not actually know what your raid does which is worrisome.
    Post edited by USAFmedic129 on
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I just want to know which teams they "tested" in P3 Heroic considering there's no way Chexmix was the intended way to defeat p3. Exactly what was the plan.
  • I dont think they had any thought process when it came to STR other thrn lets make this super cool hard raid. When in reality it was no such thing. It turned into a guild destroying and player quitting monster to all but the whale and kracken guilds who could field whatever teams were necessary or that the theory crafters came up with alllowing them to capitalize before CG nerfed that team.

All the while the lower guilds suffered from player loss due to people trying to get into HSTR I guilds or people just getting burned because a point was reached that clearly defined the haves and have nots. All of this from day 1 yet CG did nothing but let it continue and only acted if it was something they deemed as easy such as critolyte. 1700 response thread outlining all that was wrong with the raid which CG just ignores.

Fast forward to now spwhen they decided after doing "said data research" which is an outright lie. They just didnt want to admit their pet raid was an unmitigated disaster. The sad part nothing has really changed. The lower guilds are still losing or dying out. Plus you now have top guilds who already have traya sending their players out to struggling HSTR to farm g12 making the already bad situation worse.

I could go and on but what is the point of beating a dead horse. CG has put the nails in the coffin themselves now all that remains is how much more money thry can drain from player base with Revan like stunts. Its not going yo die tomorrow but the de a th tools are ringing on SWGOH.
  • Fathertaylor
    90 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    What GP is your Guild? 80Million
    What tiers did your Guild try? 5 and 6
    How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? T5 a couple days, T6 up to 5 days
    Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)Overall yes because we are completing a higher Tier than before.
    Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Near future no, maybe a year from now if the top members don't leave the guild.
    Which change did you like the most? The health adjustments
    Which change did you like the least? It's what didn't change. The gear rewards are not shared throughout the guild.
    How has your overall experience changed since the update? We're on a different Tier, but not much else changed. Participation remains lackluster and it's not really a focus of the guild.

I'm only responding to this topic because it seems you're asking questions to get the answers you want to hear. Yes the raid is easier for lower guilds, but HSTR still remains out of reach. It's the gear rewards in all the raids that ultimately causes the issue. By only giving the top performers good rewards, you cause problems for guilds trying to improve. In order for us to move to Heroic, we need at least half the guild to get some well developed characters. They can't do that unless the strongest members stop participating in the raids and let others get better rewards. Essentially, you're asking players to voluntarily stop playing the game the way they like (possibly for an extended period of time). This doesn't seem good for the game? It's not the difficulty of the raid that's frustrating for us, but the difficulty of getting together a group that can do the raid. Guild members are being forced to decide between staying with a group of people they've developed a relationship with, or trying to find a new group so they can progress.

It would have been fine if you had left the raid the same and instead made the gear reward even for all members in the raids. This includes the Pit and AAT raids which both get done so fast, that members aren't even trying to do them. This causes them to progress even slower and pushing the HSTR further into the future. We've had to start a contest allowing the members to choose the Pit raid start time. This way there's interest in the raid and a range of members get a chance at the best rewards.

I know there is a great resistance to evening out the gear rewards, but if you want guilds to progress in these raids, you need to reward the whole guild and not just a select few. Currency and shard differences are enough of a reward for the top performers. Uneven gear rewards just makes it difficult for guilds to work together as a group and progress in these challenges.

Post edited by Fathertaylor on
  • Still having to restart repeatedly due to this garbage. I spend more time restarting than actually playing.

vjkgmz70pirs.png
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    I just want to know which teams they "tested" in P3 Heroic considering there's no way Chexmix was the intended way to defeat p3. Exactly what was the plan.

I would love to know that as well.Or maybe their intention was to have a full roster of g12's and have all 50 people in the guild do 0.5% times 4 each.
  • Has anyone else noticed a bug where Nihilus will lower his cool down on annihilate when he calls for reinforcements? I am doing tier 6 and it only happens some of the time (I notice it most of the time when it lets him annihilate with his second attack, though I have seen it other times).
  • Has anyone else noticed a bug where Nihilus will lower his cool down on annihilate when he calls for reinforcements? I am doing tier 6 and it only happens some of the time (I notice it most of the time when it lets him annihilate with his second attack, though I have seen it other times).

But he’s taking a turn, so his cooldown would reduce, wouldn’t it?

My biggest frustration with Annihilate is that he either does or doesn’t use it when it’s available on his 2nd (or 3rd at heroic) move. If he never used it second turn, that would be great, if he always used it second turn, that would still be better than what happens now.

• USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Has anyone else noticed a bug where Nihilus will lower his cool down on annihilate when he calls for reinforcements? I am doing tier 6 and it only happens some of the time (I notice it most of the time when it lets him annihilate with his second attack, though I have seen it other times).

Nihilus has odd TM gain and strange CD timers. I have no issue managing him with NS, Jedi or Mary Sue loves blue sticks, however with any other team it is a crap shoot with him.

If any adds are still up when he summons reinforcements he reduces his annihilate by 1 per add still alive. By t6/heroic you may need to directly attack them a little to ensure they die before he can call them again.
  • Still having to restart repeatedly due to this garbage. I spend more time restarting than actually playing.

vjkgmz70pirs.png

What kind of damage are you pulling down with that team?
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Still having to restart repeatedly due to this garbage. I spend more time restarting than actually playing.

vjkgmz70pirs.png

What kind of damage are you pulling down with that team?

Normally 2.5-3 mil steady. It depends if the healer is isolated or not. She’s the throw away of the team.

This is not my go to team. This is after using NS Dark Storm attack, Mary Sue has a glowing blue stick, and ChexMix.
    Post edited by USAFmedic129 on
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Can we get the purple gear needed to for g12 added on the Sith Triumvirate Raid Reward Prize boxes? We have g11 stuff, g12 and g12+ stuff but not the 1 or 2 gear slots needed to push a character from g11 to g12 which is odd

Came here to post about this. We're running T6 twice a week I guess and I have been very focused in my gearing of toons so we could push towards heroic. But it just takes ages to get anywhere because every **** and his dog needs a billion stun guns and they don't drop from this raid. My JTR squad is there, I'm almost done with my P2 squad but it has been absolute ages just getting those 10 characters up to speed. I'm literally just waiting for gear for the toons I want to use. Abilities and what not has been maxed for months.
  • They aren't listening. This is just like the thread they started when STR came out. All well and good for a couple of pages then it went south. The same here. They don't want honesty or anything like it. They lie to the playerbase constantly and ignore feedback and issues with the game over and over. They promised to be more communicative but we see how that went along with all the other so call promises.
  • My guild still hasn't received rewards from a heroic Sith raid we finished yesterday afternoon.