So, who's next? [MERGE]

Replies

• Nihion wrote: »
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    Greeneya33 wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    I personally had enough of all these KOTOR peoples !

Same. I do not care for non canon Old Republic characters, I only care for canon characters. It seems that this game became only a game for Old Republic fans.

Bro we’ve been waiting years. Rebels, Empire, they’ve had their time.

As much as I love canon Star Wars, the EU is a complex web of cool and complicated stories. It was, until now, a fairly unused gold mine.

Millennial or younger?

Biased or biased?

All Star Wars is good. Except maybe TLJ.

This comment should be framed as gospel truth.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Atarius wrote: »
    Star Wars is much more than the 3 original Films. Prequel, Sequel, Tv Series, Books, Comics, video games, be it expanded universe or now "legend", everyone has it's favorite and it doesn't make your choice "crap". Get over it, its Star Wars, thats all what counts.

Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes many more times.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Might wanna read the mega thread ;)

I still don't see a Dev confirming over there?
    Who's in the lead? Don't fancy reading the whole thread...
  • palan_q wrote: »
    mesa176750 wrote: »

Same. I do not care for non canon Old Republic characters, I only care for canon characters. It seems that this game became only a game for Old Republic fans.

Bro we’ve been waiting years. Rebels, Empire, they’ve had their time.

As much as I love canon Star Wars, the EU is a complex web of cool and complicated stories. It was, until now, a fairly unused gold mine.

PT and Clone Wars did not have their time in the game, and they are canon. Even sequel trilogy. In the last few months this game is just Old Republic non canon crap. Everything canon should be priority.

2 years the game was nothing but OT, PT, and NT. Then this 3rd year they focus on KOTOR and everyone looses their mind saying "canon should be priority".

lookat from their perspective. Many players are likely "casual" Star Wars fans. They know and love the movies, and maybe Clone Wars and Rebels. For them, it has been 6-12 months on content they have no familiarity with and can't get excited about. Can't really blame for being upset or even if they quit because new content did not appeal to them.

That's why you need to intersperse it and let people choose which ones they want to focus on. If I don't want Revan, there should be something else out there that does appeal to me that I can work towards.

I’ve never heard of Bounty Hunters either.
    Or Chewie.

Ideal Next Year: KOTOR until maybe Feb. Mix in a few more Rebels.

Then wham! Thrawn fest, we get Pryce, Vanto, Yularen, and maybe a few other of those random politicians.

Follow up with a little Clone Wars, Gree, Gregor, and some Hondo on the side.

Then OT falcon and 3po, followed with August and Jedi Luke! Then spice it up with some FO and Resistance, November GG rework, December comes and we get New trilogy toons thrown at us.

Am I missing anything?
  • Moorebid wrote: »
    CCyrilS wrote: »

Then I guess you better get to work solving it yourself.
  • Moorebid wrote: »

Just read the first page then..... :-)

• Swgoh with only canon characters coudn't keep me here for so long (almost 2 years now).
    I am not fan of multi duplicate characters and this how it looks regarding to main OT characters. For the similar reason I can't be really excited about 3rd the same ship we should get soon. It's just boring (for me).
    Also my favourite fraction are sith . And now we have like every recognizable sith from the canon. Canon sith were already finished before I started this game!
  • Yeah, I knew the cipher was solved, but are we sure who the new toon is? Dank Side Bastilla? malak?
  • Dank Bastila would be dope
  • @CG_SBCrumb can we get another hint for the part we are missing?
  • No confirmation on that yet
  • Likely timeline is to confirm the character in 2 days. Confirm requirements in another 2 days, 1 week panic farm for an event on the game's anniversary, Nov 24th. Probably easy access for long term players as a make good to those who stuck around after revan.
  • just felt like adding, I enjoy the variety of new toons added, it's fun to develop your favorite characters from star wars lore. That being said, it's disappointing when your goto faction or era gets the short end of the stick...like clone wars just did. I like the rock paper scissors theme to the game, but wish they did a better job with giving the different factions/eras some viability all phases of the game. KoToR has had most of this past year to shine with the Triumvirate/Bastilla/Revan. I'd prefer they move onto something else for a while...but $$$$$$$

I think clones will eventually get love. Likely not a rework though. Just likely new characters once the show comes out to make them better. But they probably can't release them until the show is aired because spoilers.

They always wait until new movies are out before they release chatacters. And according to google it comes out when Disney's streaming service goes live in 2019. So probably won't happen until then.
  • mesa176750 wrote: »

Well your canon Luke Skywalker sucks. He was truly made awesome in the EU. But Disney trashed that too.

Yeah, but that's just like your opinion, man.

My opinion is that Disney has done more harm than good for Star Wars since they have acquired Lucas arts.

Well your canon Luke Skywalker sucks. He was truly made awesome in the EU. But Disney trashed that too.

My opinion is that Disney has done more harm than good for Star Wars since they have acquired Lucas arts.

I think Lucas was saved more than once from a terribl idea. I'm glad Disney is at the helm (albeit far from perfect). JarJar? Dengars's wedding? Lucas was killing the myth
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Dank Bastila would be dope

A dank IPA would b dope

• Love the puzzle, just wonder was it completely solved yet. Could there still be a teaser trailer that no one has come across yet?
  • A little disappointing if it's a duplicate toon already in game. I like Bastilla just the way she is for now. How about Darth Malgus or Darth Malak or maybe even a Jedi hunter. Although why does the darkside need another toon as Traysa is still meta.
  • I feel like Dark Bastilla didn't get a lot of screen time in the game. My best bet would be Malak since that would be the one who converted Bastilla to the darkside. Or Dark Revan cuz he was turned by Bastilla to the light.
    Or Juhani cuz she was turned from the dark to the light by Revan. But I wouldn't put money on that bet because she wasn't really related to Revan. She only had her master who died that made her turn.
    Honestly it could be a number of characters and I hope that they incorporate all of them!
  • Eponimous wrote: »

I think Lucas was saved more than once from a terribl idea. I'm glad Disney is at the helm (albeit far from perfect). JarJar? Dengars's wedding? Lucas was killing the myth

0v8c5zg6zvsh.jpg
  • palan_q wrote: »

There is still a lot of interesting content to mine and still be canon, such as the comics (Doctor Aphra, please) and novels such as Chuck Wendig's Aftermath series and Timothy Zahn's Thrawn books. You even have Star Wars Battlefront if you want to take from other video games. There are still some characters from the films we don't have yet like Padme, Beckett, Saw Gerrera and Dryden Vos. Plus TV animation characters like Agent Kallus and Hondo Ohnaka.

I like the KOTOR games too, and them introducing these characters has made me want to replay those originals. But I feel like they've returned to that well too often lately and need to go to other sources before coming back to KOTOR again. Maybe return in 6 months or so after doing something different...

Would love to see some Doctor Aphra content. That's what I'm looking forward to most outside of new ship content.

I'm not bothered by the KOTOR content because it's the 15th anniversary of the game. It was a massive success and most of us were reeling from how much we disliked the prequels and we were craving a good story when it came out. Yes this is also The Clone Wars 10th anniversary, but with the announced new season coming, I don't mind having to wait for the reworks until then.
  • Cavita wrote: »
    I feel like Dark Bastilla didn't get a lot of screen time in the game. My best bet would be Malak since that would be the one who converted Bastilla to the darkside. Or Dark Revan cuz he was turned by Bastilla to the light.
    Or Juhani cuz she was turned from the dark to the light by Revan. But I wouldn't put money on that bet because she wasn't really related to Revan. She only had her master who died that made her turn.
    Honestly it could be a number of characters and I hope that they incorporate all of them!

Feel like the clues recently have led to the obvious and most popular character. We out think ourselves trying to speculate. Juhani wasn't a well received character and while she'll likely be added it won't be to the kind of fanfare a teaser like this warrants. Darth Revan being added without it being another chapter of Ancient Journey would be bad form on their part similar to randomly releasing another version of Luke or Rey outside of Hero Journey. There's no case for Carth in this clue so he's out. You could make a case for Canderous due to the Mandalorian Wars and then becoming an ally and was a very popular character appearing in both games. There have been numerous characters with small roles added to the game, but her dark side appearance was so brief that it'd be shocking to see her added. Emperor Vitiate would make since as he turned Revan and Malak's mind, but he was only mentioned and did not actually appear. Vitiate is on a game-breaking power level as well and would be tough to balance in this game. All of this leads me to believe we're looking at Malak as the 'who's next'. Then likely Malak, HK47, Carth, Canderous and Juhani to complete Ancient Journey part 2.
  • So KOTOR was a great game full of content, but people are already asking for second versions of characters we already have (Darth Revan, Darth Bastila)? That's a contradiction.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Actually I hate to argue about opinions, but just for the fun of it: Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong. ;)

Seriously, I generally agree on the "all Star Wars is good" part.
    But it was TFA which was the horrible movie that neglected the whole sequel EU at that point, just to turn out as a mainstream trade-off, with copied content and lame characters instead of thoughtfulness or big surprises.
    When you think of TLJ, keep in mind that the makers had to work with the story and characters that had already been developed. At least they managed to canonize some great Force powers here and took the risk of splitting the fans, over just copying old plots again and satisfy the masses. Actually, that is exactly what makes a good movie: not everybody is meant to like it, but it forces you to actually think about it for more than 5 minutes after the popcorn is cold.

Both will never be my favourite movies though, but they now belong to the universe and are still better than "Solo" (which should not be canon at all in my opinion^^) .

BACK ON TOPIC: I guess I'd place my bet on either Darth Malak or Darth Vader before he got burnt, as the KOTOR reference could as well be a red herring.

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    CadoaBane wrote: »

BACK ON TOPIC: I guess I'd place my bet on either Darth Malak or Darth Vader before he got burnt, as the KOTOR reference could as well be a red herring.
    except the road ahead clearly said we are getting KOTOR and then OT content, and plainly stated that no prequel content for this quarter

• Plot twist:

What if we’re thinking about it all wrong and it’s not hinting at DS Bastilla, Darth Malak, Darth Revan or Juhanni (and whoever else is speculated)

What if it’s not about a light side character turning bad, but actually a dark side character turning good?

My prediction for who’s next... is actually Jedi Knight Alek.

Yep.

Malak before he turned just like Revan.

It’s super out there and he only appeared in the franchise like once in a flashback... but hey, you never know with CG.

I don’t really have any super detailed reasoning for why I think this, but just based on Crumb’s response it sounded like there was more to go off of. Also, when considering the relationship between Bastilla and Malak and the whole switching sides thing I figured it’s at least a possibility.

Just hope we get a confirmation on who it is soon.
  • I really hope it is Juhani... she was awesome in the game and fighting her and turning her back to the light was fun... I doubt it will be darth revan so quick... maybe DS bastila could be a realistic option? Or what if they throw us off and its not DS at all? Either way, it will be interesting to found out :)
  • corruscant underworld police’s evil twin sister corruscant underworld mobster.