EP Mythic Event rewards

jayjonbeach
633 posts Member
edited July 2018
First off, while Tier 1 "looks" the same as Tier 7 of the regular event, it certainly is not, it was much harder, despite many people saying it was exactly the same.

I have a question about the rewards, is tier 1 supposed to only give ONE mod? I got 2 for tier 2. Maybe because I only 1 starred it?

Replies

  • Just one mod, two from tier two, Two from tier three
  • jayjonbeach
    633 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Side note question: What is the chance of a stat upgrading on a Gold Mod over the 4 levels? It starts at 25% chance, then the next one is 25% chance, 4 times total, what is the cumulative chance you have from start to finish?

    I was lucky enough to get 2 Gold Mods both with 5 speed on them from tier 2, then unlucky enough that both of them did not upgrade any of the 4 tries
  • Side note question: What is the chance of a stat upgrading on a Gold Mod over the 4 levels? It starts at 25% chance, then the next one is 25% chance, 4 times total, what is the cumulative chance you have from start to finish?

    I was lucky enough to get 2 Gold Mods both with 5 speed on them from tier 2, then unlucky enough that both of them did not upgrade any of the 4 tries

    exact same happened to me too started on 5 speed ended on 5 speed
  • Side note question: What is the chance of a stat upgrading on a Gold Mod over the 4 levels? It starts at 25% chance, then the next one is 25% chance, 4 times total, what is the cumulative chance you have from start to finish?

    I was lucky enough to get 2 Gold Mods both with 5 speed on them from tier 2, then unlucky enough that both of them did not upgrade any of the 4 tries

    If you mean the chance of rolling speed 4 times, 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 = 1/256

    If you mean the chance of rolling 4 at least once? That would be 1 - the chance of it not rolling.
    1 - (3/4 x 3/4 x 3/4 x 3/4) = 1 - 81/256 = 175/256, so around a 2 in 3 chance.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • swgregoriou
    280 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    the mythic palp event I got 1 star and got 3 mods (gold 5 dot) and a gold bit of gear
  • Side note question: What is the chance of a stat upgrading on a Gold Mod over the 4 levels? It starts at 25% chance, then the next one is 25% chance, 4 times total, what is the cumulative chance you have from start to finish?

    I was lucky enough to get 2 Gold Mods both with 5 speed on them from tier 2, then unlucky enough that both of them did not upgrade any of the 4 tries

    If you mean the chance of rolling speed 4 times, 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 x 1/4 = 1/256

    If you mean the chance of rolling 4 at least once? That would be 1 - the chance of it not rolling.
    1 - (3/4 x 3/4 x 3/4 x 3/4) = 1 - 81/256 = 175/256, so around a 2 in 3 chance.

    Thanks @FailingCrab , looks like you are up on math, dam I can't remember anything! Too old? :) Memory is bad thanks to metal poisoning (wifi is currently frying it more too...)

    So you have to be really lucky to get speed 4 times in a row on a Gold wow. This is why I like Green, Blue and Purple mods, your odds are better (I think? and they are usually cheaper to buy...).

    Will be interesting to see for sure once completely clarified and live how slicing will change this

    I was referring to the later btw, the chance for speed to upgrade at least once, so you have to be pretty unlucky not to get speed upgraded at least once, especially on two mods in a row (and am I understanding you right, that with a Gold mod you have a ~68% chance speed will upgrade at least once?). For a Blue Mod then, you should have a 75% chance the speed upgrades at least once correct?

    Summary then:
    Gold - 68% chance speed will upgrade at least once, 26% twice, 5% 3 times, and 0.39% 4 times
    Purple - 70% chance speed upgrades at least once, 26% twice, 3.7% 3 times
    Blue - 75% chance speed upgrades once, 25% it upgrades twice.

    Is the above right, or is it an 11% chance for speed to upgrade twice on purple?

    Overall this would seem to show that your odds of getting speed to upgrade twice (even once really), are the almost the same on Blue, Purple or Gold which seems strange to me, seems like it should be harder on Gold

    Did I calculate anything wrong here? (probably) Thanks again and Cheers

    Edit - I found this image but sill having doubts, 26% to get 2 upgrades on gold seems a little high to me.
    https://i.imgur.com/2NdL2SC.png
  • Overall this would seem to show that your odds of getting speed to upgrade twice (even once really), are the almost the same on Blue, Purple or Gold which seems strange to me, seems like it should be harder on Gold

    Did I calculate anything wrong here? (probably) Thanks again and Cheers

    Edit - I found this image but sill having doubts, 26% to get 2 upgrades on gold seems a little high to me.
    https://i.imgur.com/2NdL2SC.png

    I did a bit of digging and found that some kind soul has already done all of the work:

    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JQCi0_3o9RJiLX1O59pK6g1NPl6QOe8AowwYNcq0VHY/edit?usp=sharing
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Vendi1983
    3289 posts Member
    The odds are the same, however; unless speed is already revealed as one of your secondary stats on green, blue, or purple, you'll lose at least one 3-level upgrade just trying to reveal it the first time. So you're down 1 chance of the possible 4.

    The golds are good because all 4 stats are already known to you at level 1. That's all. Odds of increasing are the same each three levels regardless of color.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The odds are the same, however; unless speed is already revealed as one of your secondary stats on green, blue, or purple, you'll lose at least one 3-level upgrade just trying to reveal it the first time. So you're down 1 chance of the possible 4.

    If speed isn't already revealed then it will never upgrade beyond the value it reveals at. The only stats which upgrade are ones you see on the mod at level 1.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • That would make sense because I had a green mod + 5 sliced to plus 20 purple with more slicing material can test if it goes up to 30 speed
  • 2smooth wrote: »
    That would make sense because I had a green mod + 5 sliced to plus 20 purple with more slicing material can test if it goes up to 30 speed

    A) necro
    B) this thread and most of the information in it is outdated and no longer true. Mods 2.0 and slicing changed everything.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • With mods 2.0 the odds are the same for all colors. Assuming you slice them all to gold, you have the same odds of getting speed to bump 4 times from a mod purchased gold as one purchased grey and sliced 4 times.
Sign In or Register to comment.