Jolee bindo is he worth it?

While I'm currently prepping my old republic team for the next revan event, I just have to ask - is jolee bindo any good? His moveset kinda reminds me of an over powered jedi consular with a basic attack reducing cooldowns on abilities and his healing skills but what really stands out is his ability to revive jedi allies. Sure he's needed for the event to be 7 starred but can anyone tell me if he's worth gearing up and zetaing for potential jedi team usage?

Replies

• Yes.
  • At the moment 31% of rank 1 squads on swgoh.gg use Jolie. The second most popular rank 1 squad with Revan as a leader uses hermit yoda instead of Jolie (similar kit that replaces the revive and stat boost with a little extra healing and damage output). He doesn't seem to have a use without Revan leadership and didn't appear at the top of arena until Revan did.

vp0ntp73ucsu.png
  • He was OK with Bastila but now with Revan he’s an essential part of the meta.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    He brings a couple of things to the table:

1) He can call assists from GMY, which are badass under Revan. His assists also heal, restore 20% protection AND give protection up. GMY will basically never go down.
    2) Revives if any of your toons do happen to go down (outside of revan mirror matches and TW this never happens).
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    2) Revives if any of your toons do happen to go down (outside of revan mirror matches and TW this never happens).

I assume you're talking about on offense.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

When I use traya against revan 50% of the matches against jolee end with timeouts. If I kill Yoda, jolee revives him, if i kill revan, the same. If I try to kill jolee, revan keeps healing him. If I win, then I have to really get my attacks timed to avoid all of those at the same time
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    They said that outside of mirror matches and TW you don't lose a toon. This is obviously not true when you're on defense so I assume it's just their experience on offense only.
    They said that outside of mirror matches and TW you don't lose a toon. This is obviously not true when you're on defense so I assume it's just their experience on offense only.

I get it now. Ok, then jolee is awesome for arena defense. You won't lose top 10 if your mods are on par
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I get it now. Ok, then jolee is awesome for arena defense. You won't lose top 10 if your mods are on par

There's way more than 10 good Revan/Jolee teams in my shard. When I'm trying to break into the top 20, usually 17 to 18 are all Revan/Jolee. And that's just at the time I'm climbing, there's others in there at other times too.
  • If u haven’t invested in Jolee already i would say ignore him.

3dps teams (Ezra/GMY+1) are far better on offense.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    3zeta Revan and one zeta Jolee is the meta right now. Revan needs Jolee to be useful, otherwise he sucks. Revan teams are really easy to beat unless Jolee is on the team with a zeta.

I still don't get why people use Hoda on defence, he's always been terrible, Hoda is the worst toon you could possibly have on your defensive squad. Soon as my Jolee is up my Hoda is benched.

So yes, I'd say he's worth it :)
  • If u haven’t invested in Jolee already i would say ignore him.

3dps teams (Ezra/GMY+1) are far better on offense.

Far better? Couldn't disagree more. Jolee with decent speed extracts so much more damage out of GMY with his heals. Plus your GMY's survivability goes off the charts. A dead GMY doesn't do much damage.

Op is asking whether he should be investing in Jolee now...ie: hes already behind the current meta so he needs a team capable of beating zJolee now.

When I want to beat zJolee reliably (ie:climb) I use a 3 dps Jedi team..target Jolee - first revive from saviour gets wasted on Jolee after that its gg for any Jolee squad. Even with Revans heal, I am yet to see a Jolee stack up to 3dps + focus + strategic advantage.

Now if your opponent has God mods on Jolee he may be able to stand up..but mods >> team makeup and is an entirely different debate.

Yes sorry, I should have specified. The zeta's role in arena is pretty much just defence, I find subbing ezra in on offence does just as well if not better (as long as my revan's still faster).

Keep in mind that in today's day and age of shard chats, holding top 10 is not a given regardless of what toons.

My shard is from January 2016, so not young at all. We have one instinct and a few big whales with excellent mods, and many light spenders with revan. The thing is, revans will stay at the top of the food chain because not many teams can beat him, specially if they have jolee
  • Is he used. Yes

Is he worth it. No.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I’m in a 11 month old shard —> Arena Top 50 is a mix of Revan, Traya, Bastila, Nightsisters, BHs(with Nest), Qi’ra (with Nest) and a couple of zEP.
    —> When I put Jolee into my Jedi team my Arena team simply stopped dropping - previously I’d fall to 90th and have to fight back. Now I might fall to 55th at worst. So he’s worth it! (Mine is 7*, G12, Zeta +110 Speed).
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Is he used. Yes

Is he worth it. No.

How are you making that judgement? He holds very well on defence, there are reams of people saying they drop less with zJolee in the squad. That seems worth it to me.

I swear to god if you do your usual thing and come back talking about how he's not worth it because you can beat him I'll scream internally in impotent rage.
  • Jolee is worth it imo.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Is he used. Yes

Is he worth it. No.

Sorry, but this is wrong. With a good jedi team, with Revan lead and all g12+ and quality 6 star mods (especially with defense) - Jolee can help create the equivalent of the old Zarris cheese "timeout" teams for defense. CG/EA is ignoring the issue, as it only benefits whales right now. But Jolee is very useful at making Revan teams into cheese timeout teams on defense.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • I think he's amazing.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Is he used. Yes

Is he worth it. No.

Sorry, but this is wrong. With a good jedi team, with Revan lead and all g12+ and quality 6 star mods (especially with defense) - Jolee can help create the equivalent of the old Zarris cheese "timeout" teams for defense. CG/EA is ignoring the issue, as it only benefits whales right now. But Jolee is very useful at making Revan teams into cheese timeout teams on defense.

This has pretty much been my experience. Like, Jedi v Jedi, you just sit there watching them hit each other and no one dying. Then when someone does, they are back up again. So you have to kill Jolee first, and his tenacity and defence is insane. And then also saviour.

Can auto it and have no one die for 5mins at 4x speed easy. Revan hits like a wet noodle but it doesn't matter if you time out.
  • Discussing what happens on an auto battle is irrelevant.

You do not climb b/c auto and you do not fall b/c of auto.

Like I said earlier Jolee is a tough character BUT with Jedi squads having so many options to telegraph dps / swarm and avoid taunt he makes a very easy target for dps heavy teams.