Territory War Matchmaker

Replies

• Mawuascht
    59 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    We noticed something:
    If you have one player with Traya it seems you have to face a guild something like this.
    It's now the 3rd time in a row.
    We Have around 130m active GP so please keep care.
    If your Guild thinks it's a benefit too have one with an advantage (activated Traya) your whole guild will have a hard time.
    https://swgoh.gg/g/940/reckless/

lwkwl0sm5vmd.png
  • GOLO wrote: »
    Hello,
    Last TW, the other guild had 10M GP more but this one it's 40M. Not so funny.

I am an officer of JEDIMasters 01 and this is an inaccurate measure of the matchup. We had 44 members join TW. It was a completely even matchup based on the allowable GP matchup. If the joined GP was 121mil and ours was 139.5, that is an allowable match based on the specified criteria. You can’t always use bots that someone creates to utilize for strategy. This report is an example of a guild that has an inflated galactic power. It’s not our fault that not all of our members joined Territory War. Also the bot being used had a disclaimer posted in their discord server stating old data was being used. Don’t always trust the bots that you use as they don’t always give current data.

My in-game name is the same as my user name with a space between Logan and Keppler. I’d be more than happy to discuss the matchup.

Not your fault not all your members joined, yet casually, members not joining just brought your total GP down to the highest limit of the lower tier...

Somehow those not joining fo seem like a well thought strategy rather than a unexpected low participation.
  • 118m vs 187m in today's TW. A guild full of Trayas and Revans vs our single Revan and no Trayas between all of us. Surely something's gone wrong with the matchmaking algorithm or our opponents are playing the system somehow?
  • Dobi_Wan_Kenobi
    28 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Mawuascht wrote: »
    We noticed something:
    If you have one player with Traya it seems you have to face a guild something like this.
    It's now the 3rd time in a row.
    We Have around 130m active GP so please keep care.
    If your Guild thinks it's a benefit too have one with an advantage (activated Traya) your whole guild will have a hard time.
    https://swgoh.gg/g/940/reckless/

lwkwl0sm5vmd.png

I wish we had your opponent. Apart from the fact that we are only having 110 and our enemy has over 170M we are facing 0 vs 47 Trayas so I think your theory doesn't fit

But as someone else wrote earlier - the balancing is working fine. The whale guilds are beeing rewarded by receiving an easy pig for slaughter
  • Our guild hasn’t beaten HSTR yet but every TW we seem to face guilds with 7* Trayas. It’s really discouraging watching all of our zones crumble within a few hours while we stare at an insurmountable wall. Surely there’s a value in the algorithym for things like Raid pts, Trayas, Revans, etc? Or is it just GP? I can’t believe that it even takes record into account because we’ve been destroyed that last several TWs.
  • rli05c4gecdz.jpg
  • kddac4qdibra.png
    How is this a fair match up, CG?
  • This has been every TW for the last 3 or 4 months EA. You need to at least make some type of effort to fix this. I mean you guys are EA. I KNOW this game is making money. So, do you just not give a ****? Or are yall just too incompetent? I hate to be hard on you guys at EA. But it is becoming pretty obvious you dont give a ****. Im getting to the point of not giving a **** either. If you guus arent willing to fix a part pf this game that is obviously flawed, why should I keep spending money amd keep playing? I seriously demand an answer other than.... youve been warned not to ... blah blah blah blah buuuull lah. Well here I am complaining on your forum again. If you dont want one of your customers calling you to the carpet in a semi rude fashion then fix the problem. Btw, I have asked nicely on several occasions forbyall to fix this. As have countless others on these forums. So, you have your marching orders EA, get to work. Fix TWs and reward your players for your lackadaisical attitude. Be happy you with your incompetence dont work for me as you'd be out of a job.
  • Hesse_El_Bloomo
    9 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Date of TW: 11/11 - 11/14/18
    Your Guild’s GP: 105490408
    Opposing team’s GP: 147119843
    # of my guild members who joined: 49/50
    # of opposing guild members who joined: 40/48

jerkciox7yvg.jpeg
    wdaz3wozmews.jpeg
    jr4ybew2jl01.jpeg
    c7atr0mf4dd1.png
    Post edited by Hesse_El_Bloomo on
  • I think the P2P players deserve to be rewarded for their support with easy F2P guilds to chew. No money, no glory :blush:
  • Our guild: Glorious Geeks. 89mil GP. ~48 members at time of TW (we don't play with roster numbers for TW). 40 participating.
    Their guild: 90mil GP. No problem. Except they had 39 members. From the way the War is turning out, it's like all 39 were participating.

Invite-only guild. Back to 48 members right now.

Before:
    lyngi9ufocl9.png

After:
    q2m3a7wft9i9.png

I should probably say more, but still too triggered with TW and ships combined to compose myself tonight.
  • 11/14/18
    Our guild 60m, other guild 100m
    Participation, us 48/50 them 36/49

Would it be possible to match based on number of participants and avg power per player?

owvstyptrlhk.png

• If you're still looking for data on this, and it's not a waste of time for us to keep posting information, could someone let us know? Thank you!

TW Nov. 13-14
    My guild: 102.6 mil
    opposing guild: 126.6 mil
    my guild participating: 41/47
    their guild: ?/50

They also had at least 1 Revan (we do not), if that's significant.
  • We saved the time and didn't attack at all this time (apart from 2 who wanted to see their mace in action) . Next time we won't even bother to set a dev. Thanks CG for ruining the fun
  • Daddys_Pancakes
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    This is just latest war, we regularly get matched against guilds 30million higher than us, please start considering average guild gp when matchmaking.

Date of attack phase start: 11/13/2018
    My guild gp: 118.8million average gp 2.367 million 50members
    Their guild gp: 145.3 million average gp 3.02 48members
    Signups: 50/44

h0frofqjxsh2.jpg

yplr1x9puj7r.jpg
  • My guild name: PAR

Date of TW: 11/13/2018
    Your Guild’s GP: 83m
    Opposing team’s GP: 120m
    # of my guild members who joined: 45
    # of opposing guild members who joined: No idea
  • My guild was a bit outmatched with this most recent TW. They had fewer players with more GP than us for sure.

Date of TW: 11/11
    Your Guild’s GP 123 mil
    Opposing team’s GP: 136 mil
    # of my guild members who joined: 47 (119 mil)
    # of opposing guild members who joined:
    Unsure

h3c05pjpeug9.pngcn9z1wots9gl.png
    d6va3fu79ap7.png
  • Ameepa
    20 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Our 79M vs 126M this time :)
  • 4sfmr2al8g4c.jpg

riswyesirrb1.jpg
  • Soisanatha
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    5uc7vp8lei1k.jpg

Date of TW: 16/11
    Your Guild’s GP 75 mil
    Opposing team’s GP:134 mil
    # of my guild members who joined: 46 (73 mil)
    # of opposing guild members who joined: Unsure
    Post edited by Soisanatha on
  • Horrible and ridiculous matchmaking!
    We: 125 M GP, zero Traya
    They: 151 M GP 21 Traya in the first territory..
  • Soisanatha wrote: »
    # of opposing guild members who joined: Unsure

You can determine the number of opponents by the # of defensive squads per zone. It's a 2 to 1 ratio. So if you set 20 defenses per zone, they have 40 (+/-) players signed up.
  • Date of TW: 11/17/18 (attack phase)
    Your Guild’s GP: 151M
    Opposing team’s GP:195M
    # of my guild members who joined: 50
    # of opposing guild members who joined: 46 (joined their discord and asked)

Output from a TW bot probably 60 min after matchup announced:

fpvb9dl75kas.jpeg
    nat8x0p3cevx.jpeg
    qmac0jntr77e.jpeg
    82hhsexfrzhn.png
    o73icskvdthh.png
  • I have watched other guilds, and we had also this type of mismatches, but todays TW is just simple ****.:

Date of TW: 2018.11.17 (Attack phase started on this date).
    Your Guild’s GP: 69,304,768
    Opposing team’s GP: 121,338,901
    # of my guild members who joined: 38/50
    # of opposing guild members who joined:cant tell.

That is almost twice GP what we have...
  • Date 11.17.18
    Our guild GP. 60M
    Their guild gp. 87M

Our join. 45
    Their join. 35-36 (18 squads/sector)

Our active GP is 57M...95% of total GP
    Their active gp 50-59... 57%-67% of total GP
    Their average and total gp is 50% more than ours

63qgvbyjzs94.jpg
    qyumi0sxkk84.jpg
    y3a981d7sarq.jpg
    6dt71pb2w6i8.jpg
  • Torindale
    32 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Date: 11/17/2018
    Our guild: 62mil
    there guild: 97mil
    We had 37 active members no idea how many active they had. Reward area 50M-59M.
    It’s a game not fun on this type of miss match. Even if they drop the amount of people to 50mil mark does not equal maxed out guys vs gear 10 or less. There average guild power is higher then our whole guild except for 2 members.

kd5dpsjf70y1.png
    njrxd8a1qdh6.png
    zargotsch2pr.png

This was the first 2 hrs results. For us all said and done we won’t break the front lines.

8d7azuxl7vja.png
  • We have similar mismatch this TW 18/11/18, the worse we have ever had in TW. 128 mililion (WU Tang Clan) v 160 million (Galactic Kopitiam). Only 2 in the last 10 TW have been ‘fair’. 1/10 was unequal in our favour and 7/10 unfair against us. Don’t expect anything to change soon
  • After 2 months and nine pages of this thread nothing has been announced about the issue, instead when I've asked on support if the manipulation of the matchmaking is considered an exploit I've got the answer that is not and I should do so aswell if I can... Nicely done!
    4kjn9eoyn5th.jpg
  • VallejoMach
    39 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Date of TW: 16th-18th November 2018
    Your Guild’s GP: 89,073,033
    Opposing team’s GP: 133,871,904
    # of my guild members who joined: 42
    # of opposing guild members who joined: Unknown

43+ million GP difference. Average GP 1 million higher per member.

ey5ey9x0fkzp.png
    ajoxitnk3s9f.png
    0hhlbqprpjx4.png

• Bigby
    2 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Although we don't get GP mismatches as such, our GP is quite high for the TW readiness. So we keep getting beat badly. In fact as a guild we are considering giving up and not even putting defensive teams down. Just take the rewards from the loss and not waste time fighting battles.

Can the matchmaking algorithm not go beyond GP and look at true TW power such as G12, legendary and zetas?