Cheater & hacker update 11/18

Prev13456721
CG_LucifersDaddy
43 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited November 2018
Greetings Heroes,

We take cheating at Galaxy of Heroes very seriously and are tirelessly working to identify and remove cheaters from the game. You may have noticed or have heard that one of our investigations resulted in a mass banning. Well sit tight, cause this purge is just beginning (insert sinister laugh here.)

After countless reports and over a year of investigation, we are confidently taking action on hundreds of accounts engaged in... well let’s just say they ended up on my naughty list.

You no doubt are seeing some changes in your arena leader-boards as a result of this ongoing action.

We are nowhere near the end of this battle. To quote the greatest rock band of all time... “We’ve only just begun...”

And remember heroes, it is a direct violation of the terms of service to purchase in-game currency from third party vendors (aka if it is not in our store, it’s not legit.) Ya know, the Terms of Service bit about “...blah, blah, blah, Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA... blah, blah.” That bit. http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

And per usual, if you have any questions or concerns regarding cheating or banned accounts in the game please message me directly on the forums @cg_lucifersdaddy .

Carry on, and don’t forget to wash those blasters every day!

LD

Replies

• What are proper steps to washing a blaster?
  • Yay. Hopefully goodbye to the random cyrillic names who can mysteriously beat any arena team in 20s.
  • When a player gets banned, does that mean that every player behind them in arena moves up 1?
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Well this sounds good, I'll keep a keen eye on my arena shard for the next couple weeks ;)
  • Good riddance!
  • ... The Carpenters? A Rock Band?
  • Can you clarify how this affects their arena rank? Are they removed from arenas, so they aren't blocking other players from moving up?
  • Sneekypete
    281 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Got a tight knit arena shard minus one person who refuses to communicate with us ...hmmm how the heck do you even do that isnt all the server side. Guess I'm too dumb for computers post 1980's lol
  • Thanks for all your work on this
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Dear CG I give you a lot of crap but that's all gameplay related.

This is literally the greatest post ever on this forum by anyone...thank you Lucifer.

Removing cheats and hackers from game is 1000000000000% the number one thing you guys can do to make this game better so Kudos to all of you who are helping to get lamers out of the game

Thanks again SINCERELY DKREK
  • Good job
    Destroy them all'
  • When a player gets banned, does that mean that every player behind them in arena moves up 1?
    No, he just losses the acces to his account, so he cant climb anymore... It mean he will go down while ppl attack him xD

I reported a cheater in my arena shard to luccifersdaddy and arround 2 weeks later he didnt climb anymore just keep going down so i suppose he got banned xD
  • @Porr_Ayek_Macooh Yes it is, Pop/Soft Rock
  • Phew! Glad I ignored those "FREE ONE MILLION CRYSTALS" ads ;)
    Keep on fighting the good fight!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • what about hackers? I just lost a crystal without a clear cause and could go out alone in a guild?
    I have reported to EA but there was no response
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    yohann269 wrote: »
    What are proper steps to washing a blaster?
    Don't do it yourself.

Pay $29.99 to EA to rinse it. Each rinsing will clean 5% of the blaster with a chance of 100%

• Are these bans permanent?
  • Is the ban permanent?
  • I believe the phrase we’re looking for is:

Wipe them out, all of them.
  • Hmm, this explains why my arena rank has stabilized lately. Went from battling back up from outside top-100 daily to mid-50s with only a mod upgrade and one more t12+ piece.

Thanks CG.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Jokes aside, glad to see more action is being taken (at least verbal affirmation). It would be great if we can get visual confirmation in-game with things like in-game logs of attack teams used and the time of battle for opposing team to defeat your team for Grand Arena. That seems to be something that can be implemented (according to my assumption). Making it easier for players to identify hackers.
  • Kokie
    1338 posts Member
    Fine news indeed....excellent work and great for morale as well
  • Yay. Hopefully goodbye to the random cyrillic names who can mysteriously beat any arena team in 20s.

I know of 7 people who got banned and they were all from the US
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Keithkia wrote: »
    Are these bans permanent?

..... why would they NOT be permanent?
  • Bye Felecia ;)
    *** Tha Phelyn***
    163-773-543
  • DarkBlade wrote: »
    I believe the phrase we’re looking for is:

Wipe them out, all of them.

Destroy them all...
  • :D cant wait to see the thread pop up “I got banned and dont know why” :D hopefully those bans come with ip blocks
  • I dont understand how anyone can cheat in this game but if its posible i would like a permanent ban for those who do that .

Banned mean that you can't access your account and then don't play. Every squad is beatable. Then the account will be stuck and kicked back till the end of the arena shard
  • Tha_Phelyn
    38 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    yohann269 wrote: »
    What are proper steps to washing a blaster?

LOL, if you’re a stormtrooper

first check blaster hits a target. If it does follow next steps to resolve

Step One: Wash in bath of water with empire branded soap
    Step Two: fire again and make sure it misses all targets. If it hits something rinse again And repeat until a successful Miss is achieved
    *** Tha Phelyn***
    163-773-543
This discussion has been closed.