Cheater & hacker update 11/18

Replies

• I had an ally spot open up very recently, would this be why or did they just simply remove me?
  • some people says "we get small rewards for if we report cheaters and if they will be ban" , is this correct ? coz i got nothing for banned a cheater (HSR) who i reported and responded from lucifer

I'd say a definite no to that one. There would be so many false reports from people trying to get rewards.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Topman LD .

Life bans i hope ?
  • Can we get a list of who was banned for blacklisting our recruiting roles? @CG_LucifersDaddy
  • Cyclonick
    126 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Awesome.
    But what really bothers me: the greatest Rock band of all time? The Carpenters?
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    some people says "we get small rewards for if we report cheaters and if they will be ban" , is this correct ? coz i got nothing for banned a cheater (HSR) who i reported and responded from lucifer

I'd say a definite no to that one. There would be so many false reports from people trying to get rewards.

but he is banned after i reported
  • some people says "we get small rewards for if we report cheaters and if they will be ban" , is this correct @CG_LucifersDaddy ? coz i got nothing for banned a cheater who i reported and responded from lucifer

It certainly can be true.

Rewards are a bit random, sometimes they come, sometimes they don't. We do this to prevent people from creating hacked accounts to report just o collect a reward.

How sad is it that we actually have to consider this?

LD
  • eviloce
    35 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Can we get a list of who was banned for blacklisting our recruiting roles? @CG_LucifersDaddy
    I would like to see the list as well!!!!
    @CG_LucifersDaddy
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    some people says "we get small rewards for if we report cheaters and if they will be ban" , is this correct ? coz i got nothing for banned a cheater (HSR) who i reported and responded from lucifer

Getting rid of as many cheaters as possible is a reward in itself.
  • Sharonp wrote: »
    I had an ally spot open up very recently, would this be why or did they just simply remove me?

No. If you're banned, you can't access your banned account. The account is still in the game though as noted by LD. So if an ally was banned, they'd still be an ally. But you'll noticed the last activity date would be from the date of the ban.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    I don't really care about how players buy their crystals tbh, whether they're rich, rob banks or buy them on the cheap via 3rd party apps. Gameplay wise it's all the same from my end.
    calling them cheaters seems a bit disingenuous to me.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Keithkia wrote: »
    Are these bans permanent?

For the most part yes.

In the past we've tried to rehabilitate these types of abuses with intricate and severe account adjustments... but with so many this go round we're just going to a perma-ban.

We may entertain reevaluations in a few months, but I can not emphasize enough how low of a priority it is to set aside time to accommodate cheaters. They cheated, they're gone.

LD

Just so you know on Reddit they are posting something like 2 week bans...or even in the past..

That's crazy they can buy themselves to first by cheating get 2 weeks off then get to go right back to first place.....

That would almost BE AN INCENTIVE to go out and try to cheat....that would be INSANE..

It HAS to be permanant or everyone in their brother is going to go out and try to do this..

I know better than to let reddit rile me up but those guys have a point about temp or suspensions that woudl allow them to come back would just encourage more people to cheat.

• Monel wrote: »
    Keithkia wrote: »
    In the terms it doesnt say permanent says can be a suspension.

think of it as a suspension that lasts a really, really long time.

I like it. A life time suspension. So if they die and come back to life will the suspension be lifted?

I feel like I would certainly work with them if that were the case.

That is some next level commitment right there. Plus I have many questions about the underworld, perhaps they have some answers.

LD
  • some people says "we get small rewards for if we report cheaters and if they will be ban" , is this correct @CG_LucifersDaddy ? coz i got nothing for banned a cheater who i reported and responded from lucifer

It certainly can be true.

Rewards are a bit random, sometimes they come, sometimes they don't. We do this to prevent people from creating hacked accounts to report just o collect a reward.

How sad is it that we actually have to consider this?

LD

ok.I appreciate that. Thanks !
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited November 2018
    Cyclonick wrote: »
    Awesome.
    But what really bothers me: the greatest Rock band of all time? The Carpenters?
    I told him that this line was against our EULA but he pretended to not hear me.

In all seriousness, LD puts a ton of work into this daily and he deals with some very complicated cases. I do not envy his job
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    Can we get a list of who was banned for blacklisting our recruiting roles? @CG_LucifersDaddy

As "fun" as this would be, and understandably useful as well, it is not in the current plan to release a list.

LD
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Good job CG!!
  • Keithkia wrote: »
    Are these bans permanent?

Haha, yes the accounts I believe are being deleted.
    And the users banned.

As "fun" as this would be, and understandably useful as well, it is not in the current plan to release a list.

LD

I figured! Thank you for answering :)

LD

Yeah ... that's just the sort of thing that would invite any amount of attempts at retribution of one kind or another. Just not a good idea. Quietly show them the door and move on.
  • Hanu
    138 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    So next time the prince of N i geria asks me to help I shouldn't ask to be paid in swgoh crystals 😁🐳
  • any restitution being make to the folks who had to fight against these cheaters who had a unfair advantage and thus prevented others from gaining rewards in an unfair competition?
  • Best news ever! Well freaking done! Just reported a known cheatin account selling swine! Hopefully, it's sorted out! Awesomeness upon you all!
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Thank you! <3
  • Is this post from the future?
  • DarthPurgatory
    626 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    This is absolutely terrific news, and we think y'all have already hit someone who is a routine headache in the top of our Arena.

However my guild would really truly very much greatly appreciate it now if y'all can figure out how to resolve this TW mismatch situation. We've now had five in a row being outgunned by at least 30m GP.

Not a single one of them was 50/50, and something is starting to smell fishy.
    Porgatory demands fresh souls.
  • Greetings Heroes,

We take cheating at Galaxy of Heroes very seriously and are tirelessly working to identify and remove cheaters from the game. You may have noticed or have heard that one of our investigations resulted in a mass banning. Well sit tight, cause this purge is just beginning (insert sinister laugh here.)

LD

Does this ban also include the client exploiters (in regards to battles/arena)?

thanks,

• Member5973 wrote: »
    Yay. Hopefully goodbye to the random cyrillic names who can mysteriously beat any arena team in 20s.

I know of 7 people who got banned and they were all from the US

You should find better friends :D
  • How are they cheating? Like i haven’t noticed anything.
This discussion has been closed.