capifico22 wrote: »
    No really, I'm shocked.

I'm shocked!
    wu0noqi805ek.gif
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Keithkia wrote: »
    Are these bans permanent?

For the most part yes.

In the past we've tried to rehabilitate these types of abuses with intricate and severe account adjustments... but with so many this go round we're just going to a perma-ban.

We may entertain reevaluations in a few months, but I can not emphasize enough how low of a priority it is to set aside time to accommodate cheaters. They cheated, they're gone.

LD

Just so you know on Reddit they are posting something like 2 week bans...or even in the past..

That's crazy they can buy themselves to first by cheating get 2 weeks off then get to go right back to first place.....

That would almost BE AN INCENTIVE to go out and try to cheat....that would be INSANE..

It HAS to be permanant or everyone in their brother is going to go out and try to do this..

I know better than to let reddit rile me up but those guys have a point about temp or suspensions that woudl allow them to come back would just encourage more people to cheat.

Yeah I read those reports. It gives me pause, knowing the truth and such.

We don't share specific account information, but I can tell you that at no point has an account that was found guilty of crystal fraud been released back into the game without a serious, and I mean serious adjustment.

This can and often would include the removal of event exclusive characters. Which in the case of our game means they will never be able to obtain them (e.g. BB8, Yoda, CLS...) Oh and all currencies, items, a bunch of gear and a smattering of high value heroes.

But really, if they got back into the game in a couple of weeks, the account was a shell of its former self.

Also this was likely during a time when we were still grasping at the magnitude and reach of such violations, thus release said accounts for further monitoring helped to yield much needed information.

LD
  • Krovikan wrote: »
    Hmm, this explains why my arena rank has stabilized lately. Went from battling back up from outside top-100 daily to mid-50s with only a mod upgrade and one more t12+ piece.

Thanks CG.

Same here. I was lingering in the 300-450 range for months and overnight I was scraping by in the 750 neighborhood. A week later, i'm somehow back in the 300-500 range.
  • Greetings Heroes,

We take cheating at Galaxy of Heroes very seriously and are tirelessly working to identify and remove cheaters from the game. You may have noticed or have heard that one of our investigations resulted in a mass banning. Well sit tight, cause this purge is just beginning (insert sinister laugh here.)

LD

Does this ban also include the client exploiters (in regards to battles/arena)?

thanks,

These client exploiters in the arena / TW / RAIDS... that is an ongoing and daily hunt.

This announcement is specifically about major action being taken on accounts that we've been investigating for months and months.

There's a couple of us here, so rest assured that the battle cheaters are still our number one priority, even when we do a massive purge like the one happening this week.

LD
  • Xaresacex wrote: »
    How are they cheating? Like i haven’t noticed anything.

I think there's a way to put crystals in your account.
    I've also heard about people who can give their team infinite health, or instakill.
    No idea how though. They should put their skills to better use.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Very much appreciated, better news than any road ahead. Thank you for this!
  • Although it doesn’t get rid of the arena discord monopolies it’s def a huge step forward. Thanks for the search and destroy LD
  • wqnxy
    22 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Holly cow, a friend of mine just reported one from our fleet shard <3
    "Justice demands retribution" *sinister laugh*

edt.
    I dont understand how anyone can cheat in this game but if its posible i would like a permanent ban for those who do that .
    Guy from my shard can finish any battle ina couple of seconds doesnt matter how good your fleet is.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Although it doesn’t get rid of the arena discord monopolies

Putting what you're calling it aside, it shouldn't remove them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Keszey
    68 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    some people says "we get small rewards for if we report cheaters and if they will be ban" , is this correct @CG_LucifersDaddy ? coz i got nothing for banned a cheater who i reported and responded from lucifer
    You shouldn't need a reward for being a decent person. Just sayin'. Also of the three that have been removed, I've never received reward.
  • Keszey wrote: »
    some people says "we get small rewards for if we report cheaters and if they will be ban" , is this correct @CG_LucifersDaddy ? coz i got nothing for banned a cheater who i reported and responded from lucifer
    You shouldn't need a reward for being a decent person. Just sayin'. Also of the three that have been removed, I've never received reward.

Other than getting them gone :)
  • Kudos! Gotta catch 'em all! :wink: Make sure to repost for your guilds, folks.
  • OH YEAH baby, LD is on the case, Please extend the purge to fleet arena and happy hunting!
  • Thank you, @CG_LucifersDaddy. I know how hard you work to keep our servers clear and appreciate it.
  • yohann269 wrote: »
    What are proper steps to washing a blaster?

Ask Finn, the guy has cleaned countless blasters in many many secret FO places.

• 3 years of posts and this has to be the best one. I hate cheaters.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Best post ever. Nothing worse than cheaters
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Schwinnmj
    30 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Finally
  • And per usual, if you have any questions or concerns regarding cheating or banned accounts in the game please message me directly on the forums
    Yes, the prices some of us have to pay for packs/crystals is ridiculous! I don’t agree with people cheating but I can see why...

Maybe show us a sign of good faith @CG_LucifersDaddy @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Carrie and reduce store prices? I pay $159.99 Australian dollars for a vault as an example. That’s a significant amount compared to the average median salary in Australia, and yes I know Apple controls the conversion % but c’mon man, that’s just some plain ol’ corporate legal cheating!
  • Yes! Fry those cheating peeps @cg_lucifersdaddy !!
  • The removal from arenas is a separate task. We felt the priority was to get as many of these hackers out of the game as quickly as possible.

Once we've finished the sweep we will evaluate the need for more actions to knock them out of shard top spots.

LD

Don’t worry the shards will adjust on their own and the banned accounts will continue to fall into oblivion.

DD
  • this is just for show and theatre. ea/cg isnt permabanning the people who cheated. they even admit that they arent.

just when i thought ea/cg was doing the right thing they basically applaud the cheaters. very sad to see that these guys who cheated arent perma banned.

very disturbing and i dont think i will be spending any more of my hard earned money. not because the cheaters but because when the cheaters got caught they really didnt get punished
  • This is much better than "your vader will be locked at 5* while non-cheaters only have him at 4*".
  • Why dont you try investing all that time and money into FIXING TWs. I expect some peeps to cheat. One entire section of YOUR game is broken. And you guys are worried about someone selling their EA account. Brilliant. As usual.
  • this is just for show and theatre. ea/cg isnt permabanning the people who cheated. they even admit that they arent.

just when i thought ea/cg was doing the right thing they basically applaud the cheaters. very sad to see that these guys who cheated arent perma banned.

very disturbing and i dont think i will be spending any more of my hard earned money. not because the cheaters but because when the cheaters got caught they really didnt get punished

Can you post your sources?
  • What about the Guilds who are dropping their lowest members so they can stack against a much weaker Guild in TWs assuring them a voctory. Isnt that cheating? Oh wait. You could care less because it doesnt cost YOU anything. Unlike whem someone buys an account from a person who get disgusted with EA and quits so they sell their account to recoup their losses for investing in a game the devs dont take care of.
  • ... The Carpenters? A Rock Band?

I was wondering if anyone else caught that.
  • Keithkia wrote: »
    Are these bans permanent?

For the most part yes.

In the past we've tried to rehabilitate these types of abuses with intricate and severe account adjustments... but with so many this go round we're just going to a perma-ban.

We may entertain reevaluations in a few months, but I can not emphasize enough how low of a priority it is to set aside time to accommodate cheaters. They cheated, they're gone.

LD

To respond to a few comments above, here is a quote from LD about the perma-ban.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
This discussion has been closed.