The Clone Wars celebration that wasn't.

Prev134
Roken_Fett
1293 posts Member
edited November 2018
Pretty much as stated, where was it? The clones getting their helmets was great (personally I asked for them over and over and over) but why no reworks? Even all 5 at G12 is a weak squad. No new clones? No zeta on GK that could help them out? No new Separatists? No General Grievous rework? No Jedi reworks, specifically Anakin and Mace?

What was the point of putting those Clones packs in the store if they aren't anything above a D grade squad, not getting a rework or any additions?

What was the point of making Grievous larger in the game?

Anakin has that Galactic Hero tag in the Sith Raid, which he's basically worthless in, yet all we got was his ship? Great ship but should have been and also-ran with his rework.

I'm not certain if you all at CG/EA saw the enormous amounts of fan jubilation that went on when the next season of Clone Wars was announced, or if you paid attention to Reddit or these here forums when the CW hype was building, but I think you horribly misfired here.

Horribly.

More KOTOR toons (I love KOTOR for the record) are nice but should not be THE thing happening right now. They should be tossed in, even if it means I'm getting Darth Malak and Darth Revan soon. This all seemed rushed at the cost of dealing a pretty big blow to the community.

Just my two cents.

Edit: Also, what was the point of those Clone Wars bonus shard drops? First of all their drop rate was beyond low. Maybe the lowest ever in this game's history. Second, what were they for? Again...no reworks to ANY of them.
CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.

Replies

• They would have been better off doing nothing regarding the Clones, rather than just tease.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    They would have been better off doing nothing regarding the Clones, rather than just tease.

Yeah. All the Clone Wars stuff was a big tease.
  • Missed opportunity is what is boils down too.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Missed opportunity is what is boils down too.

Yeah, at the cost of a huge letdown to the community.
  • I agree. I guess they figure they can make more money off KOTOR right now than TCW.
  • Skywlkr76 wrote: »
    I agree. I guess they figure they can make more money off KOTOR right now than TCW.

Yeah, they saw what Revan got them, and now they want to double that with a second version.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    Skywlkr76 wrote: »
    I agree. I guess they figure they can make more money off KOTOR right now than TCW.

Yeah, they saw what Revan got them, and now they want to double that with a second version.

They want to generate revanue every fiscal quarter.
  • Yeah very disappointed there was no celebration for the clone wars 10year anniversary
  • Who on earth decided to celebrate Clone award by areleasing more Kotor toons? Half the community has no attachment to this era and we drag it on for another 3 months once the dark side KOTOR event comes... this is just pathetic.

On a positive note they must be getting ready to celebrate Clone Wars content once the new season comes.

But at this point I’ve lost faith in CG giving us anything the community wants like Clone War era love, a new Grievous Capital ship, a Death Star ship raid, LIVE PVP arena.
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Mstrefe1 wrote: »
    Skywlkr76 wrote: »

They want to generate revanue every fiscal quarter.

Yeah, which is fine. And why I said these other KOTOR toons should have just been added in addition to the Clone Wars stuff. One could easily argue more people love the Clone Wars over KOTOR, and they would shell out more money for additional clones and Separatists. Specifically clones people have been asking for, or droids like Droideka.
  • Who on earth decided to celebrate Clone award by areleasing more Kotor toons? Half the community has no attachment to this era and we drag it on for another 3 months once the dark side KOTOR event comes... this is just pathetic.

On a positive note they must be getting ready to celebrate Clone Wars content once the new season comes.

But at this point I’ve lost faith in CG giving us anything the community wants like Clone War era love, a new Grievous Capital ship, a Death Star ship raid, LIVE PVP arena.

That's all well and good but that's a year away for the new season.
  • Everything will have its turn eventually. I'm more than certain that when the new clone wars show comes back on we will get more content/reworks. There are probably bigger things at play right now than clone reworks..
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Pretty much as stated, where was it? The clones getting their helmets was great (personally I asked for them over and over and over) but why no reworks? Even all 5 at G12 is a weak squad. No new clones? No zeta on GK that could help them out? No new Separatists? No General Grievous rework? No Jedi reworks, specifically Anakin and Mace?

What was the point of putting those Clones packs in the store if they aren't anything above a D grade squad, not getting a rework or any additions?

Anakin has that Galactic Hero tag in the Sith Raid, which he's basically worthless in, yet all we got was his ship? Great ship but should have been and also-ran with his rework.

I'm not certain if you all at CG/EA saw the enormous amounts of fan jubilation that went on when the next season of Clone Wars was announced, or if you paid attention to Reddit or these here forums when the CW hype was building, but I think you horribly misfired here.

Horribly.

More KOTOR toons (I love KOTOR for the record) are nice but should not be THE thing happening right now. They should be tossed in, even if it means I'm getting Darth Malak and Darth Revan soon. This all seemed rushed at the cost of dealing a pretty big blow to the community.

Just my two cents.

Edit: Also, what was the point of those Clone Wars bonus shard drops? First of all their drop rate was beyond low. Maybe the lowest ever in this game's history. Second, what were they for? Again...no reworks to ANY of them.

I can agree with almost everything here but the Zeta for GK ?? (Disclaimer I have him but not geared as I don't care about Jedi which has killed me in arena so take this with a grain of salt)

The guy is on almost every single non sith team in the arena right now in one form or another excluding NS and CLS/Chewy... He is already on teams dominating the game.... Revan teams are god right now giving GK a Zeta that would no doubt be ridonkulous would just unbalance the arena even more....

Now should GK get a zeta (probably at some point) But until they release the new round of doom characters it would prob be unwise to zeta GK...Fast Revan teams cannot be beaten now (by the majority of all players)

I guess as long as his zeta only gave clones a massive bonus that would be ok...but right now the Jedi reallly really don't need any kind of boost at al...

So like a Zeta that gave clones health or protection or assists or TM or something would be ok...but a all encompassing zeta that OP's the OP revans anymore than they are now would just be sick
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

Horribly.

Just my two cents.

I can agree with almost everything here but the Zeta for GK ?? (Disclaimer I have him but not geared as I don't care about Jedi which has killed me in arena so take this with a grain of salt)

The guy is on almost every single non sith team in the arena right now in one form or another excluding NS and CLS/Chewy... He is already on teams dominating the game.... Revan teams are god right now giving GK a Zeta that would no doubt be ridonkulous would just unbalance the arena even more....

Now should GK get a zeta (probably at some point) But until they release the new round of doom characters it would prob be unwise to zeta GK...Fast Revan teams cannot be beaten now (by the majority of all players)

I guess as long as his zeta only gave clones a massive bonus that would be ok...but right now the Jedi reallly really don't need any kind of boost at al...

So like a Zeta that gave clones health or protection or assists or TM or something would be ok...but a all encompassing zeta that OP's the OP revans anymore than they are now would just be sick

I'm just gonna say that GK is the ONLY raid/legendary character that doesn't have a zeta. He's a really great tank, but he's kinda getting phased out. Some jedi teams don't even use him.

Horribly.

Just my two cents.

Yeah, exactly, that's why I said a zeta to help out the Clones, since this version of Kenobi lead clones into battle. The Kenobi that's on the splash screen, Jedi Master (which I assumed was also gonna be added), would have zetas for Jedi.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Who on earth decided to celebrate Clone award by areleasing more Kotor toons? Half the community has no attachment to this era and we drag it on for another 3 months once the dark side KOTOR event comes... this is just pathetic.

That's all well and good but that's a year away for the new season.

When the Final season of Clone Wars is released they’ll probably celebrate it by releasing even more Kotor toons. So I’m predicting much more Kotor content to come.
  • That is depressing to hear
  • I’d honestly rather them have done nothing than give us false hope. This looked exactly like it was a teaser for the big clone wars faction pass that literally everyone has been asking for for years. We all thought that since EAs battlefront 2 was doing clone wars, and that this was the 10 year anniversary that we were gonna get a big treat... I’m increasingly being let down with each update.
    Certainly they wouldn’t make jango a marquee... certainly they wouldn’t make revan completely p2w... certainly they wouldn’t blunder their way through another huge missed opportunity...
  • There were leaks, so CG changed up the order of what they were going to release. All the Clone Wars era stuff got switched to another quarter. CGCarrie said the GG rework was speculation from leaks, which to me says the leaks were right, at some point in time. If the leaks weren't from a legit source, they wouldn't have reacted to strongly.
  • There were leaks, so CG changed up the order of what they were going to release. All the Clone Wars era stuff got switched to another quarter. CGCarrie said the GG rework was speculation from leaks, which to me says the leaks were right, at some point in time. If the leaks weren't from a legit source, they wouldn't have reacted to strongly.

Have anything to do with GC program???
  • Seems like everything coming out of this game lately is an enormous let down.

All the leaks are exactly what they’re doing right now... look at the image below. We know exactly what is going to happen Darkside Kotor toons are not a surprise.

e51xw0vmmtj9.jpeg

• Looks like the helmets was the celebration. Better than nothing I suppose

Horribly.

Just my two cents.

You assume too much. Easy solution is making his zeta be a leadership, much like Bastilla, or have it be faction specific
  • Why I dislike not having CW era stuff with the 10th year anniversary, for all we know the Mouse could have come in and halted many of these projects 3+ months ago when CW+ was announced and some of these things were quickly put into action to "celebrate" after their innitial things were pulled. OR they said, well we were reworking these now, but new content in a year may cause us to rework them again, so stop now and pick back up a year from now.

So who knows what it is, could be everything folks mentioned above. We all agree it sucks it wasnt up to our expectations, but there could be some things out of their hands so you have to at least consider it. Doesnt mean you have to agree or like it, but it could have been the case.

~D
  • I would love to see the Rework of the Galactic Repulic toons (Clone Wars series), more than new KOTOR-toons :D
  • Can we all spam this post ? So that it get some attention from the devs
  • Looooki wrote: »
    Can we all spam this post ? So that it get some attention from the devs

On it. :)
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    There were leaks, so CG changed up the order of what they were going to release. All the Clone Wars era stuff got switched to another quarter. CGCarrie said the GG rework was speculation from leaks, which to me says the leaks were right, at some point in time. If the leaks weren't from a legit source, they wouldn't have reacted to strongly.

Those leaks weren't gonna really hurt their bottom line. This game makes like 13 million on average per month. And a Grievous rework wouldn't really garner them money anyway, but the addition of marquee droids like Droideka that go hand in hand with a GG rework would have DEFINITELY made them money.

Edit: In addition to the above points...it seems like they switched up their schedule to spite the leaker(s) but in the end it that's not how it went down. That move hit the community, not the leaker.