Kit Reveal: Bastila Shan (Fallen)

Replies

• So will we be seeing more characters that can apply Deathmark? I can only think of Death Trooper that can apply that debuff currently, and he obviously isn’t going to be on her squad
  • Honestly, the zeta only adds: "Bastila and the character in the leader slot gain Foresight for 1 turn at the start of battle."

You should make that at the start of each of her turns or something. 1 turn of foresight on two characters is the most lackluster zeta in the game.
  • It’s cute how they try to say she’ll be used under a Palatine lead when this was specifically made for Treya with the tenacity to prevent health down.

They manufactured a need by making Revan relentlessly target Treya and now here’s a marque to solve the problem.
  • Not a GG rework so...meh
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    CG_SvenGG wrote: »
    You can be light or dark in kotor1 too, but you cant play Bastila, she falls to the dark side no matter your choices. Thats canon.
    However, your choices can make a difference in what happens to her afterwards.
    Either bring her back the light as a savior..
    Or make her your sith apprentice and rule the galaxy together!

I'm glad that came through! That's exactly the experience I tried to capture with her Sith Apprentice ability. By the way, I'm Sven - I joined CG as a game designer a few months ago, so you'll be seeing more of me in the future.

Welcome!... so does that mean we finally have someone up there who knows something about the kotor games :o
  • The devs said that the Old Republic tag was for characters that basically served the Republic and not the era, right?

The two new characters have the tag, and I guess I can understand Canderous having it since he went with whatever Revan wanted to do.
    However, Fallen Bastilla didn't serve the Republic; she only wanted to destroy it, so she shouldn't be Old Republic, right?

Does this mean other characters such as HK or maybe Visas will get the tag?
  • Drageero wrote: »
    The devs said that the Old Republic tag was for characters that basically served the Republic and not the era, right?

The two new characters have the tag, and I guess I can understand Canderous having it since he went with whatever Revan wanted to do.
    However, Fallen Bastilla didn't serve the Republic; she only wanted to destroy it, so she shouldn't be Old Republic, right?

Does this mean other characters such as HK or maybe Visas will get the tag?

Haha came here to post that exact same thing. If these two dark side get the tag, it makes no sense why HK and Visas don't as well.
  • CG_SvenGG wrote: »
    You can be light or dark in kotor1 too, but you cant play Bastila, she falls to the dark side no matter your choices. Thats canon.

I'm glad that came through! That's exactly the experience I tried to capture with her Sith Apprentice ability. By the way, I'm Sven - I joined CG as a game designer a few months ago, so you'll be seeing more of me in the future.

Where have we heard that before.....can’t quite place it......
  • CG_SvenGG wrote: »

Glad to have you with us. Can you explain how her 2nd unique's zeta text is worth it? I currently have a list of my next 15 zetas planned out, and I don't see a need to put this zeta on that list at all.
  • @CG_SvenGG I hope this means you'll be working on that GG rework everyone has been asking about for over 2 years now? Also, spill the beans already on whether HK is getting buffed or not with the dark side KOTOR characters please :)
  • scuba
    14016 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Can stun be resisted from Fear?

according to this
    snMzBC5.jpg

Yes the stuns can be resisted.

Dev's @CG_SBCrumb @CG_SvenGG would have to clear up any confusion but if you look at the way t1 of the ability is worded compared to t2-t8

t1 gives only one debuff when stun expires and ability states "This effect can't be resisted"
    T2 and higher gives multiple debuffs when stun expires and ability states "These effects can't be resisted"

So most likely they intend only the effects applied after the stun goes away can't be resisted.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    CG_SvenGG wrote: »

Glad to have you with us. Can you explain how her 2nd unique's zeta text is worth it? I currently have a list of my next 15 zetas planned out, and I don't see a need to put this zeta on that list at all.
    Then don't

Not every toon has a zeta that's worth using. Depends on your individual needs. Others might find this zeta worthy and other won't (like you). If you think starting a battle with foresight is not worth the zeta then you don't have to use a zeta on her.

Who knows, you might see the value in her zeta later on when Darth Revan or Darth Malak is released or some other Sith leader.
  • Yea im confused how Bastilla and Canderous have the Old Republic tag while Visas and HK dont? surey they will later on for whoever is coming in Feb....
  • Sweet! I love more sith
  • This is going to make my anti-revan maul team freaking awesome!!!
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Perdogie wrote: »
    So will we be seeing more characters that can apply Deathmark? I can only think of Death Trooper that can apply that debuff currently, and he obviously isn’t going to be on her squad

Got a feeling HK may get a rework to add deathmark. Malak may get it too, or some synergy that applies it.
  • And looks like we're going to see a DS character that has an ability to "Mark" a lá Revan... Great.
  • So probable Malak at least. Would really like to see Carth from KOTOR too. He is now only one from thr team missing, right?
  • Freydwen wrote: »
    It’s cute how they try to say she’ll be used under a Palatine lead when this was specifically made for Treya with the tenacity to prevent health down.

They manufactured a need by making Revan relentlessly target Treya and now here’s a marque to solve the problem.

Excellent. You have learned to decipher CG/EA-speak. Well done.

That's exactly how I read it as well. In fact, in many Traya-lead teams, she will (ironically) probably replace Palpatine (or useless SiT).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

My future does not look bright for 2019....going to be a reallll bad year.... Maybe 2020 will be better if they actually put out some new content from current movies

Wow, man, if one SWGOH toon, that's an addition, has got you thinking your entire next year is going to suck, might I suggest finding someone to talk to.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    So probable Malak at least. Would really like to see Carth from KOTOR too. He is now only one from thr team missing, right?

We're still missing Juhani too.
  • Isnt Canderous light side?
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Honestly, the zeta only adds: "Bastila and the character in the leader slot gain Foresight for 1 turn at the start of battle."

You should make that at the start of each of her turns or something. 1 turn of foresight on two characters is the most lackluster zeta in the game.

K2SO would like a word.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Honestly, the zeta only adds: "Bastila and the character in the leader slot gain Foresight for 1 turn at the start of battle."

Uh, the stacking offense with shock and the 50% defense/tenacity boost from the ally spot isnt lackluster. That's like calling ep's zeta lackluster while only citing the 20% health gain by sith allies, and not mentioning anything else about the zeta.
  • When will these characters be farmable?
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Isnt Canderous light side?

He's a mandalorian, he's been killing all his life.
    With respect to Revans strength, he decided to join Revan, for whatever path Revan chooses (canonically light).
    Dark side still fits Canderous better imo.
  • So Traya again come back? I have her enough for the half of the year? :/
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »

Uh, the stacking offense with shock and the 50% defense/tenacity boost from the ally spot isnt lackluster. That's like calling ep's zeta lackluster while only citing the 20% health gain by sith allies, and not mentioning anything else about the zeta.

It appears the zeta only adds the foresight. You get the rest with regular ability mats.
  • Is her primary ability for potency or crit chance? At level 1 it says +3% potency, at level 2, the +3% potency is removed and it says crit chance instead.... ap4iz4337gk2.jpg