Cheater & hacker update 11/18

Replies

• HJoci30 wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy, Hi, thank you for your hard work, I would like to askt, that is there a way to know the name of the cheaters? Or can you change the names to cheater or something so we can attack them first and get rid of them as soon as possible? Im in a really old shard and strugling to get into top 50 without Traya or Revan. Also I checked how many Revans are in my shard. Right now there are 20. Last week it was only somewhere between 5-10. Sorry I cant remember the exact number. I dont know If some of them are cheating or they just switched now from Trayas, but it is a little suspicious. Thanks again for adressing this matter and keep up the good work, also sorry for my english, it isnt my native language! 😉

The Revans most likely took a long time to gear up for those folks. I have 39 Revans on my shard now, where originally I thought there were just 19. There are more GS10 Revans in the 200-50 range I compete against every day. Nothing naferious there.

What does make me wonder is the sudden influx of 7* Chimeras when there has not been an event in months. One day the ships were 6* and then all of a sudden they’re rocking a 7*. They could also have just been trying to earn 2 mil to upgrade and poured credits into fighters and abilities instead of leveling the capital ship.

In fact, you don't need any time to build a Raven team, all you need is money.
    All five characters he needs are new characters, and you need to pay for all of them. As long as you spend enough money, you'll have Raven. Buy some gears and then you can start compete for the first place in the arena.

On the other hand, if you don't spend enough money, even if you have been playing for years, unlocked all other characters, as long as you don't spend enough money on the old Republic characters, well...

No Raven for you, my dear customer.

The key is money, not time.
  • while these bans are temporary and the biggest cheaters can buy their way back in i dont see this as cleaning up the community. its just a cash grab by ea/cg and they just want their share of the take. just like the mob.

if they cared about the community these accounts would be removed from the game. not bartered for extra cash to return to the game :(
  • Indeed
  • This will only make others to try to cheat .
  • We have a saiyng in my country that sound like that : ,, cut from the roots,,
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Now I'm wondering just how many accounts have been banned (they should have been removed more so then banned of course, seems weird to leave the accounts still there) Cause I bet there will be not only the people banned disappearing, but others as well as seen above, person with friends got banned so they left as well.

Be interesting to see just how many in-active accounts there suddenly are, could be in the tens of thousands...
  • Greetings Heroes,

We take cheating at Galaxy of Heroes very seriously and are tirelessly working to identify and remove cheaters from the game. You may have noticed or have heard that one of our investigations resulted in a mass banning. Well sit tight, cause this purge is just beginning (insert sinister laugh here.)

After countless reports and over a year of investigation, we are confidently taking action on hundreds of accounts engaged in... well let’s just say they ended up on my naughty list.

You no doubt are seeing some changes in your arena leader-boards as a result of this ongoing action.

We are nowhere near the end of this battle. To quote the greatest rock band of all time... “We’ve only just begun...”

And remember heroes, it is a direct violation of the terms of service to purchase in-game currency from third party vendors (aka if it is not in our store, it’s not legit.) Ya know, the Terms of Service bit about “...blah, blah, blah, Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA... blah, blah.” That bit. http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

And per usual, if you have any questions or concerns regarding cheating or banned accounts in the game please message me directly on the forums @cg_lucifersdaddy .

Carry on, and don’t forget to wash those blasters every day!

LD

Great job, CG. I've been locked out of my battles for fleet arena by 3 to 4 of these cheaters. They just keep refreshing to block you. I know because their GPS were always lower than mine. Then all of a sudden in a span of 1 month their GPS went up by 1.5m GP. Every ship or toon is maxed within 10 mins of it being released. I know folks who do this with real cash and it takes longer than that. I am in one of the top 3 guilds. So I do know the rough timings to do this.

They even started boasting they had 99k crystals in the fleet chat. Taunting others to challenge them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    while these bans are temporary and the biggest cheaters can buy their way back in i dont see this as cleaning up the community. its just a cash grab by ea/cg and they just want their share of the take. just like the mob.

if they cared about the community these accounts would be removed from the game. not bartered for extra cash to return to the game :(

How do they earn money by banning accounts? And how do they earn any share of the money, that 3rd party crystal providers earned? Please explain.
  • As far as I know, many whales who have spent a lot of money have also been banned.
    Is there any misunderstanding, or have you made some mistake?

How did you guessed they are whales, not cheaters?
  • @CG_LucifersDaddy - but what happens if it’s imaginative inspired cheating?
    Would you ban Captain Kirk for beating the Kobayashi Maru??...... :)
  • Scottacus wrote: »
    Krovikan wrote: »
    Hmm, this explains why my arena rank has stabilized lately. Went from battling back up from outside top-100 daily to mid-50s with only a mod upgrade and one more t12+ piece.

Thanks CG.

Same here. I was lingering in the 300-450 range for months and overnight I was scraping by in the 750 neighborhood. A week later, i'm somehow back in the 300-500 range.

Arena goes down that far? And seriously is that any sort of bar to measure against?
  • Polls just shifted a bit - Cap has been the fav dev , uncontested. Now LD looking for that spot. Who knew so many cool and fun people worked at cg!
  • I'm a player from CN mainland who have played this game for three years. During last few days, lots of my friends' accounts were banned permanently due to the third party crystal sources.

To play this game, we must utilize the VPN(which is also blocked) so we can get access to Google play、Yutube or even Discord, for we are SW fans and really like this game.

The third party domestic venders indeed provide a more CONVENIENT and cheaper method especially for those people who don't know how to use VPN.

Sadly, you just banned their accounts, throw thousands of dollar they spent like rubbish, WITHOUT any advance NOTICE. I just presume that you are not capable to find and punish venders so you take the easiest way to pick up your esteem?

Since there's no friend in game, I quit.

Good. Your cheating friends aren't welcome. I'm only sad it's taken them this long to ban them. Good riddance.
  • @CG_LucifersDaddy great job man; I'm very proud of the action being taken here and realize it isn't something the team would do lightly. Happy to know you're still around crushing skulls :)
  • Obi1_son wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    I don't really care about how players buy their crystals tbh, whether they're rich, rob banks or buy them on the cheap via 3rd party apps. Gameplay wise it's all the same from my end.
    calling them cheaters seems a bit disingenuous to me.

Sound like you are a cheater then...

I also don't really care about stopping bullfighting, i guess that makes me sound like a matador...
    NicWester wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »
    I don't really care about how players buy their crystals tbh, whether they're rich, rob banks or buy them on the cheap via 3rd party apps. Gameplay wise it's all the same from my end.
    calling them cheaters seems a bit disingenuous to me.

Sound like you are a cheater then...

I wouldn't go that far. A lot of people just don't think about how ethics affect everyone. They look at a cheater and think, well they're not cheating me--but they're cheating everyone.

That may be true for others, but not for me. I don't really care that they're cheating everyone. Do i condone it? No. Do i think action should be taken vs these accounts? Yes. I just don't really care about it, the same way i don't really care about alot of things that affect many lives, even my own.
    I care more about the people whom are selling these fraud crystals getting caught IRL than i do about the sanctions against the game accounts. The ingame consequences of this type of behaviour simply isn't something i feel strongly about.
    In my humble opinion transfering accounts should be allowed. While i get that it isn't allowed from the developer's perspective, it's not a restriction that really benefits the consumer/playerbase imo. So i'm definately not happy that accounts that previously belonged to a different player are being suspended. Then again, i also don't really sympethise with the offenders, they knew what they were doing and are now facing the consequenses of their actions. That doesn't change how i feel about them getting "caught" and labeled as "cheaters" though.
    For the record: No, i haven't been banned. No one in my guild is banned. As far as i know no one in my guild is playing on an account who previously belonged to a different player either. I actually don't know anyone who got banned.
    Also, i do feel strongly about banning arena/tw/raid cheaters. While i personally haven't encountered any cheaters (yet, that i know of, in this game), i do feel that kind of cheating ruins the gaming experience.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I'm a player from CN mainland who have played this game for three years. During last few days, lots of my friends' accounts were banned permanently due to the third party crystal sources.

To play this game, we must utilize the VPN(which is also blocked) so we can get access to Google play、Yutube or even Discord, for we are SW fans and really like this game.

The third party domestic venders indeed provide a more CONVENIENT and cheaper method especially for those people who don't know how to use VPN.

Sadly, you just banned their accounts, throw thousands of dollar they spent like rubbish, WITHOUT any advance NOTICE. I just presume that you are not capable to find and punish venders so you take the easiest way to pick up your esteem?

Even if they punish vendors, they still need to punish people that are using illegal ways to acquire crystals. You can't just punish the vendors and ignore the people that are currently playing the game. What about the millions of players that have to face your friends?

Just because its cheaper and convenient doesn't make it ok. Its cheaper and convenient for me to steal a credit card than working and earning the money but that doesn't mean I should

CN's strict regulation sucks but that's not EA/CG's fault they are making it difficult for you and your friends nor does that give you a free pass to do unfair practices.

There is always the free to play route if you cannot pay in the game because its expensive. There are thousands of players that are free to play for this reason and are successful in the game. This is no excuse to do whatever you want.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    What are proper steps to washing a blaster?
    Don't do it yourself.

Pay $29.99 to EA to rinse it. Each rinsing will clean 5% of the blaster with a chance of 100%

Or for $49.99 EA can clean and rub dry your blaster. If prematurely blast happens, NO REFUND!
  • Thank you!!! Those cheating bantha fodder!
    e6c2d6nzwdvf.jpg
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I'm a player from CN mainland who have played this game for three years. During last few days, lots of my friends' accounts were banned permanently due to the third party crystal sources.

Even if they punish vendors, they still need to punish people that are using illegal ways to acquire crystals. You can't just punish the vendors and ignore the people that are currently playing the game. What about the millions of players that have to face your friends?

ea/cg don't care about the players having to face "his friends". They used to sell crystals for half the USA price in certain countries, so lets not pretent they're doing us a favour out of the goodness of their hearts because they think it's unfair that some players have to face players who bought their crystals at a lower price.
  • FerLandrossa
    198 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    [EA_Lanna: Quote removed]
    They are not victims.

Actual victims here are the people who's credit card details were cloned/stolen to allow some sellers of "crystals, just lower in price" to flog them to you and your cheating friends. Your friends may have been complicit in fraud.

Actual victims are the genuine players who get disadvantaged by your friends obtaining crystals illegally or running modded software to modify in game outcomes.

Actual victims are the developers and creators of this game, and all the other employment generated through a company right down to the "tea lady", who's jobs rely on income generate from sales from the products that they produce that you think its ok to obtain illegally.

They are cheats.
    Comeuppance.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • So nice to see some action, and now you can move on to shut down arena collusion...
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    They are not victims.

Actual victims here are the people who's credit card details were cloned/stolen to allow some sellers of "crystals, just lower in price" to flog them to you and your cheating friends. Your friends may have been complicit in fraud.

Actual victims are the genuine players who get disadvantaged by your friends obtaining crystals illegally or running modded software to modify in game outcomes.

Actual victims are the developers and creators of this game, and all the other employment generated through a company right down to the "tea lady", who's jobs rely on income generate from sales from the products that they produce that you think its ok to obtain illegally.

They are cheats.
    Comeuppance.

yes this is a big deal now; gift card scams are on an incredible rise and it's likely correlated with the mobile game industry

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/news/2018/10/22/gift-card-scam-incidents-skyrocketing/1677570002/

There's real-life examples here of people getting fleeced for thousands of dollars. That's why it's very impressive, ethically, that CG is taking this step because they are not putting profits first here. The currency from the crystals, no matter how acquired by the customer, would still be cash flow in CG's coffers. I know the players busted don't like it, but even they have to admit it's an impressive stance to take.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Just because its cheaper and convenient doesn't make it ok. Its cheaper and convenient for me to steal a credit card than working and earning the money but that doesn't mean I should

CN's strict regulation sucks but that's not EA/CG's fault they are making it difficult for you and your friends nor does that give you a free pass to do unfair practices.

There is always the free to play route if you cannot pay in the game because its expensive. There are thousands of players that are free to play for this reason and are successful in the game. This is no excuse to do whatever you want.

First, I don’t see any CG’s action or plan on vendors and I doubt their ability.

They should be punished, but permanent ban is too severe, why not give them a warning within game earlier?

What happening these days looks more likely CG taking out rage, one guild’s most members were banned...each one at least spent 5 grand in game. It definitely caused much unpleasant.

CG’s doing right but improperly. It should listen more from us, especially from the areas with specific conditions.

• Boov
    604 posts Member
    The currency from the crystals, no matter how acquired by the customer, would still be cash flow in CG's coffers.

If this is true, wich i'm hessitant to believe, i too think it's impressive that they're taking action vs those accounts.
  • DarthAndeui
    5 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    They are not victims.

They are cheats.
    Comeuppance.

So how about the real money players spent? Did they have loss? They paid and got nothing, they are victims to some extent.

Anyway, vendors are to blame more than players. Hope CG’s actions.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    They are not victims.

They are cheats.
    Comeuppance.

Anyway, vendors are to blame more than players. Hope CG’s actions.

i absolutely agree, but that still doesn't make the players blame-free. They took the risk, they're suffering the consequenses.
  • Don’t slaughter players abruptly. Manage the gaming environment, forbid the vendors, give palyers more warnings would be more considerate.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    they “cheat” buy not buying crystals use a hacking app to get for free which u could call cheating or being smarter than whales that spend real money on packs lol

Nope... that's definitely cheating.
    Post edited by twstdbydsn on
  • Don’t slaughter players abruptly. Manage the gaming environment, forbid the vendors, give palyers more warnings would be more considerate.

Why? There is no need for warning. They already know they are cheaters...
This discussion has been closed.