Is your Galactic War too hard? Here is some help.

Replies

• Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    While some stuff in GW has changed since this guide was written, like how the difficulty stops increasing now once you reach level 85 and after you beat GW so many times, you can sim it, the basics contained in it are still good for lower players. Preloading TM on the first 3 nodes for three different teams, having multiple decent teams, retreating or sending in a suicide squad are all good tactics for GW.
  • huxhu
    5 posts Member
    i am lvl 80 and from the start i used phoenix squad to clear gw , i am at 70 out of 150 full clear . the more full clears i get the harder the 6th , 9th and 12th node becomes . and that happened after the update they did with the adding of sith raid , from that point i kept getting harder team to face i mean really hard teams , like if i am lvl 60 i get to face 80 lvl team , at lvl 70 i faced a lot of 85 teams and since 75 lvl i face them everyday now . even with my best character is g10 i get to face g12 characters ( 1 or 2 in the team ) .
    my way of doing this is auto easy battles on node 1 ,4,7 and 10 , on node 2, 5,8 and 11 i try to have all my specials ready to use in the next battle , on node 3,6,9 and 12 i retreat until i get a better rng as much as i need to .
  • poodletron
    126 posts Member
    I'm level 75 and for the most part have walked through GW with Phoenix but recently I've been pitted up against level 85 teams that are tough/impossible to beat. There's only been a few times when I haven't been able to do it via retreating and trying new target priority or RNg going my way but it can be frustrating.

I had to step back and laugh at myself the other day. I'd been trying to clear node 12 against a level 85 team that hard counters Phoenix and RNG had started going my way. I was on track to do it! Then my phone ran out of battery and I literally shouted at my blank screen. :p
  • I think there is a huge disparity between how quickly the galactic war gets. I just started playing about 2 weeks ago and There needs to be scaling on the difficulty. I'm level 48 and my first team I'm facing is level 58 all 4 starts with Mods (not sure what those are other than I know they give huge buffs to all characters stats). Since I'm below level 50, I don't have access to Mods and there is such a huge gap between my team and the first node. I have one 5 star, the rest are 3 stars for my pheonix team. I think it's ridiculous and the game is already tough enough competing with squad arena when everyone seems to be level 50+ shards 5+ maxed mods.

The game needs to update to have it curved a little before you reach level 50 because the power difference is exponential for under 50 to above 50.
    1mxg772sk9vo.png
    1mz6jq5zqfp7.png
    ed2xakgxgp55.png
    evbcr871sgda.png
    tiweqbhid7dg.png
    zotjqsdh563o.png
    i9ov6i4idhw0.png
  • It pretty much blows at the higher levels. I’m at level 73 fighting lvl 80 seven stars just four fights into it. Developers please adjust the difficulty, so I don’t buy crystals. lol
  • Multiple teams is key.

I had my B team as Palp, Vader, Tarkin, TFP then either Boba or Daka depending on the opponent (Boba v Boba always for execute).

My A team was my arena First Order. I think from 61/150 until I could sim it I didn't lose a single GW.

Some days it would take an hour to beat one node with 30 attempts but you eventually crack it.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Multiple teams is key.

I'd have to disagree there. Today I'm against a 7* team 17 levels higher than myself. The power disparity is huge - better gear, higher skill levels, everything. Even if I had 10 teams, they'd get annihilated one by one.

Current GW design is stupid. It puts breaks on newer players, while leveled players skate right by everything. And the upper limit on difficulty is out of control. I should not be facing teams which cannot be defeated under any circumstances.
  • You know if you force close the app you can go back and attempt the same node with your original characters as long as the battle didn't end with them dead... Just try a different attack order, strategy, swap in one different person etc.
  • AOHNH
    43 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    I have tried about 20 times. The team I'm facing is standard Phoenix, Hera lead. Most I've done so far is removed half of shields from a single char before starting to lose my team one by one. They're way too fast, heal and regen protection way too much, and do way too much damage. Like I said, even if I had 10 teams, all at current level and current gear, it'd be no use. I can't even attempt to wear them down.
  • a2daj
    22 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    You know if you force close the app you can go back and attempt the same node with your original characters as long as the battle didn't end with them dead... Just try a different attack order, strategy, swap in one different person etc.

You don't have to force quit the app. You can use the Retreat button in the gear menu. That's what it's there for.
  • a2daj wrote: »
    You don't have to force quit the app. You can use the Retreat button in the gear menu. That's what it's there for.
    You can - if you can get a turn. If the opponent is stunlocking/fracturing/tm manipulating, you may just sit there and watch everyone die. If that's the case, force quitting may be your only hope.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • PeachyPeachSWGOH
    784 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Get a Bastilla led Jedi team, keep them just a touch behind your arena team, and you'll be able to cruise thru GW almost everyday. Bastilla led Jedi are a natural for GW because their protection up is fully recharged before every battle. So as long as you keep them alive, every battle is a fresh start. Even when some of them had their hp eaten into in the last battle, it'll take the opponents some turns to get thru the freshly recharged protection bar in this battle. They will have been fully healed by then.

Also I think the opposing team power distribution has a global balancing factor. For example, if you run into some particularly tough teams on N6 and N9, it's likely that N11 and N12 will be a lot easier. Conversely, if you cruised all the way to N11, well N11 will most certainly be a nightmare.
  • I just got hit. Level 45 up against a full star level 72 Phoenix team. Last node too. Sad!
  • Zinke7
    194 posts Member
    edited October 2018
    Today even I got served by FO team with 6* mods and with KRU in G12+.
    Sad to report that Bastila lead Jedi team and Palp lead Empire/Sith teams were not up to task and did not even manage to dent their protection.
    PS my entire roster has one Zeta ability (Bastila leadership) and one G11 character (GMY).
  • Interesting matchup because FO is one of the few teams with the straight-up firepower to both eat through Bastila's protection up and also cleanse all her buffs.
  • Good luck today. All nodes we within my level.
  • Good luck today. All nodes we within my level.

Congrats!

My lvl 70 Phoenix team made it through the first 5 nodes unscratched. Node 6 was a lvl 85 nightmare (Wiggs, ST Han, Boba, don't remember the 5th). Lost Phoenix clearing that. Two nodes later my lvl 80 team was stun-locked and wiped, ending my GW for the day.

So frustrating.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    According to this developer post the difficulty of your nodes is based on the combined power of the five highest-powered characters on your roster.

That's great to know, thanks! Then I've inadvertently done something right. I already thought I'd spread my resources too thin by leveling up multiple teams (nightsisters, empire, rebels, now working on phoenix), to the point where my best characters are 2-3 levels lower than my player level and I have a hard time in the arena at level 59. But GW is relatively easy. I sometimes get wiped at the last 2 nodes, but take out enough enemies that the next team can finish the rest. And the rewards from a full GW run are better than the daily arena rewards anyway.
  • Oh, this was an old thread. Sorry :) I'm glad it surfaced again though. It's quite informative for someone still learning the ropes.
  • Are some days just impossible? I’m level 50 but today I faced a full team of 7* level 75s. I did my standard TM build in the earlier matches but it didn’t matter they wiped every one of my teams before I even got a turn, my top team got wiped out by a single AOE attack from full health.
  • Are some days just impossible? I’m level 50 but today I faced a full team of 7* level 75s. I did my standard TM build in the earlier matches but it didn’t matter they wiped every one of my teams before I even got a turn, my top team got wiped out by a single AOE attack from full health.

Until the difficulty plateaus, yes. Eventually the enemy teams can't get stronger, but you will continue to.

These days, I mostly sim. I only fight GW if I have a new team I want to try out.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I keep getting a Bastila (L) + 2 Yodas, OB and EB, all 85/G10+
    My team is 85 usually BF(L), JF, Bossk, Sion, AV (rotating other characters going through, sometimes switching to 74 Phoenix team at mid stages).
    Lately I've been getting this all Jedi team at N2, I can't even scratch them because Bastila and Yoda go first (even ahead of my Vader with Sith allies/Jedi enemies TM boost) and everyone has a huge string of buffs including Foresight, so I never get to hit them if I ever get a turn.
    It's annoying enough to get them near the end but getting them in the 1st 4 Nodes 3 times in a week is a bit much.
  • With the recent change to the GW matching system, this guide can be totally wrong sometimes. It is kinda hard to load up TM on the first few nodes when the first or second node features a team with 150%+ the GP of your top 5 (or arena squad or whatever metric you want to use to say the GW system determines what team you face on what node).

Up until a month or so ago this guide was spot on. Don't get too top heavy with your top guys, build your roster depth, preload TM with several teams on the easy battles, use the retreat button if need be. Something changed, and the question is was this intended by CG to say to the players every now and then you shall not pass(thanks Gandalf) GW today, or some kind of mix up and an error on their part. It's not just a high level thing either as we are seeing this across all levels of GW.
  • Luffy wrote: »
    I think there is a huge disparity between how quickly the galactic war gets. I just started playing about 2 weeks ago and There needs to be scaling on the difficulty. I'm level 48 and my first team I'm facing is level 58 all 4 starts with Mods (not sure what those are other than I know they give huge buffs to all characters stats). Since I'm below level 50, I don't have access to Mods and there is such a huge gap between my team and the first node. I have one 5 star, the rest are 3 stars for my pheonix team. I think it's ridiculous and the game is already tough enough competing with squad arena when everyone seems to be level 50+ shards 5+ maxed mods.

The game needs to update to have it curved a little before you reach level 50 because the power difference is exponential for under 50 to above 50.
    1mxg772sk9vo.png
    1mz6jq5zqfp7.png
    ed2xakgxgp55.png
    evbcr871sgda.png
    tiweqbhid7dg.png
    zotjqsdh563o.png
    i9ov6i4idhw0.png

So this shows the phenomenon was happening as early as October 2nd.
  • My second node today was a zbastilla lead jedi squad with zetas on ezra and jolee g10. I'm lvl 80

I got wedge/biggs g10 and phoenix/empire squads at g8-g9. Am I expected to beat this? Lol
  • Darthsm wrote: »
    My second node today was a zbastilla lead jedi squad with zetas on ezra and jolee g10. I'm lvl 80

I got wedge/biggs g10 and phoenix/empire squads at g8-g9. Am I expected to beat this? Lol
    Yes u r if u have a decent arena team top (100). And playing devils advocate it serves a purpose to push ur abilities further and after back to back days of overpowered NS teams 3 zetas 88k total power against my 69 EP lead team and beating them after having to read and ask about ability changes and strategy I c some NS teams in arena around my power lvl 66k 70k and they r easy to beat in comparison actually a little different strategy needed because their health was so low I had no problem defeat which ever one I wanted 3 times each. Didn’t even need boba feta executes and was hard to do killed them to fast lol.
  • Darthsm wrote: »
    My second node today was a zbastilla lead jedi squad with zetas on ezra and jolee g10. I'm lvl 80

This happens to me all the time. I currently have 2 teams levelled up (phoenix and my arena empire team zPalp, Darth Vader, TFP, GMT and Royal guard) and can complete about 2 or 3 days a week. The other days I'll run into zBastilla led jedi squad or worse. SO infuriating.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
  • Something is definitely different with GW for non-elder players. A guildie of mine was telling us about the zBastila team he met on Node 4 on his alt yesterday. I've been at it for almost two years, had 150 GW finishes when the update dropped, but still play it every now and then to see how far along certain teams are. Currently working on Bounty Hunders (non-zeta Bossk lead) and don't run into a zeta until Node 12...every time. There is something off in the algorithm.

If it matches you against players that started around the same time frame as you, then it makes sense that I see a lot of lower level random teams of Luminara, JC, Darth Vader and the like - toons that were popular when I was level 70.

Seems like those going through GW today are tortured with Bastila and the like, and zetas on Node 4? The team I faced on node 4 this morning was level 76 and nobody better than G9.
This discussion has been closed.