Let me get this straight?

Prev1345
So you sold me a sword (Revan) a very expensive sword. Then you turn around and give away the shield? BSF viable at 3 star possibly the easiest gear in the game requires pretty much no investment at all. That's pretty shady if you ask me.

Replies

• K331
    168 posts Member
    I agree ,no more money from me .im done spending!! whatever I have that's what I have ,thinking about quitting this game ,it's about money now. the fun is gone.....
  • She is super easy to beat on defense. She is basically an offense only character at 3 or 4 stars.
  • No one forced you to buy revan. Most people who got revan probably invested heavily in or toons before they even knew there would be a revan. He could have been grievous 2.0 and had a horrible kit.
  • No one forced you to buy revan. Most people who got revan probably invested heavily in or toons before they even knew there would be a revan. He could have been grievous 2.0 and had a horrible kit.

I'm pretty sure a LOT of ppl dumped hundreds the week of his event. Thank god I'm not one.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    No one forced you to buy revan. Most people who got revan probably invested heavily in or toons before they even knew there would be a revan. He could have been grievous 2.0 and had a horrible kit.

I'm pretty sure a LOT of ppl dumped hundreds the week of his event. Thank god I'm not one.

And I'm pretty sure revan is still the meta. People are freaking out about a counter. I could understand being mad if fallen bastila completely destroyed revan on defense, but revan squad still easily beat sith on offense. If I'm not mistaken the devs said in a gc interview that their goal was to create a paper rock scissors scenario in arena. People shouldn't be surprised when new toon kits are made to counter the current meta team.
  • A lot of high level players are very unhappy about this.

Too soon.
  • Ace0187420 wrote: »
    So you sold me a sword (Revan) a very expensive sword. Then you turn around and give away the shield? BSF viable at 3 star possibly the easiest gear in the game requires pretty much no investment at all. That's pretty shady if you ask me.

Well, you bought the sword, not the shield :D
  • Ace0187420
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Absolutely, to soon, the highest pay wall toon ever got less than a month. The counter was to be expected at some point, but less than a month in and requiring little to no investment, no money and very little gear even. It's a slap in the face of all those that paid to get Revan.

I'm not sure what their business plan is but it seems to be driving away the fan base. First they drive away a bunch of FTP by making the requirements for Revan nearly impossible to get without substantial financial investment. 5 recently released toons and a 7 star requirement. Then less than a month later let's drive away the whales/dolphins by devaluing their investment.
  • Palanthian wrote: »
    A lot of high level players are very unhappy about this.

Too soon.

High level spenders. No one forced them to buy Revan. Spending money on a game doesn't make you a good player. I'll never trade real money for monopoly money.

• Correct me if i'm wrong, but ds bastila is hardly a hard counter on def and on top of that she'll cost a pretty penny to max currently aswell (more than getting revan did if you started farming from the get go).
  • Ace0187420 wrote: »
    First they drive away a bunch of FTP by making the requirements for Revan nearly impossible to get without substantial financial investment. 5 recently released toons and a 7 star requirement. Then less than a month later let's drive away the whales/dolphins by devaluing their investment.

As a mostly FTP player who was disappointed with the inaccessiblity of Revan, I was not at all driven away by it. That there is a counter for Revan now, to me demonstrates the health of the game, by refusing to allow a single meta to dominate unchallenged. Some people expect to be able to pay money for an assured win, at least for a good while. The fact that this game does not allow for that is THE KEY REASON I still play this game.

Less QQ more pew pew.
  • Well, it is shield only for those, who have Traya but not revan. That is not so many people.
  • Member5973
    127 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    This is how you have to look at things: https://www.swrve.com/images/uploads/whitepapers/swrve-monetization-report-2016.pdf

There are players who always spend on everything. They make the less than 0.5% who are responsible for ~50% of the revenue. This group is subject to retention measures and needs get fed with new stuff frequently. As long as you can deliver you are safe.

As for Revan, there were a lot players who spend small amounts regularly, but a considerable amount for the first time. Plus there are people who might spend now on Bastila Fallen to make up for not having spent on Revan. They are a larger group than the first but contribute far less to total revenue. Both of these groups are to be converted to players who spend large amounts regularly. And some of them will convert.

It´s not about how long a meta should prevail. It´s about the perfect timing for new stuff and the likelihood that your target players do spend again.
  • Wah, wah wah.....call me an ambulance. If you pay for toons that's your choice. You dont have to have revan right away you can be patient like many others and get him second time around. They release new toons regularly to allow all to play this game for free or for pay.......its your choice. I chose to wait. All my revan toons are 5 or 6 star without any $$$ invested. I'll have him next time around. I'll wait for dark bastila too. I have her at 3 * now and I'll wait for the farm.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    DarkMatter wrote: »
    Wah, wah wah.....call me an ambulance. If you pay for toons that's your choice. You dont have to have revan right away you can be patient like many others and get him second time around. They release new toons regularly to allow all to play this game for free or for pay.......its your choice. I chose to wait. All my revan toons are 5 or 6 star without any $$$ invested. I'll have him next time around. I'll wait for dark bastila too. I have her at 3 * now and I'll wait for the farm.

What's your point in relation to the OP though?
  • C'mon, dark bastila is not that of a big deal. Your Revan is still highly unbeatable and easy auto win on offense. Stop whinning. Think of the people that don't have traya and face Revan because he is roster independant. Those are the real screwed in this pay2win story

tshhhh
  • Agree with the op. Think next time not so many people will spend money.
    Our Kraken on the arena shard quit the game today. Think its was to much for him that a 4*Dark Basti could beat him with easy. My friend list is also getting more and more filled with inactive peoples.
  • Enki wrote: »
    Agree with the op. Think next time not so many people will spend money.
    Our Kraken on the arena shard quit the game today. Think its was to much for him that a 4*Dark Basti could beat him with easy. My friend list is also getting more and more filled with inactive peoples.

Yeah, I don't think they get it. I'm sure some people at CG get it but are being forced. I just checked my friend's list last night and I saw 4 people with a golden Traya who quit right along the time Revan dropped. And a few who quit seemingly when he was announced.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • The shield is ftp you can pay to improve it.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Totally agree. This is outrageous!
    I spent pretty much to get revan and get rid of Traya’s team. For what?! To be in top 30 for 2 weeks?! And you release free character that made Traya team impossible to win with Full revan team?
    I am done with spending. What’s the point? There is no warranty next day you spend several hundreds there will be no free counter to it.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    I spent pretty much to get revan and get rid of Traya’s team. For what?! To be in top 30 for 2 weeks?! And you release free character that made Traya team impossible to win with Full revan team?
    I am done with spending. What’s the point? There is no warranty next day you spend several hundreds there will be no free counter to it.
    Maroons

Anyone who has played this game for over a year and didn't see this coming has no one to blame but themselves.

"But this time, it will be different."

Ummmmm...no. Same song, different verse. Money only buys a temporary advantage in this game - that's always been the case.

Now, in the interest of fairness, I have to admit, the release of the "Revan antidote" came sooner than I expected. But to act shocked that it came at all is either naive or disingenuous.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • And based on the earnings report SWGOH is doing great, Revan sold well, and Darth Revan is likely too as well.

Quit complaining, this is not new, quite litreally every meta toon is replaced.

CLS, JTR, TRAYA....why do you think Revan is different?
  • I guess Traya:Bastilla relation before Revan release is the best P2P:F2P relation.
    P2P will gain previllage from paying, so they will keep spending money on this game. F2P will not have much chance against P2P, but the chance will not be as small as to discourage F2P to quit this game.
    To put it in numbers; P2P defeats F2P with p>60% chance, F2P defeats P2P with q<40% chance.

Bastilla Fallen is either too soon to be introduced for a character with this much power, or too OP to be introduced when Revan meta has just begun.
  • Dude high level players don’t care about this. Most like me (Iam not high level btw) have Revan and traya. If sith get really good just switch back to Traya. Revan is great in every game mode he rocks. I am not bummed about FBastilla
  • This is great :D
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Maroons

Anyone who has played this game for over a year and didn't see this coming has no one to blame but themselves.

"But this time, it will be different."

Ummmmm...no. Same song, different verse. Money only buys a temporary advantage in this game - that's always been the case.

Now, in the interest of fairness, I have to admit, the release of the "Revan antidote" came sooner than I expected. But to act shocked that it came at all is either naive or disingenuous.

The timescale has me slightly on edge. I whaled for the first time on revan, partly because I was behind on Traya so would have fallen out of the top 20 if I didn't. Traya teams could still beat me, but ones that are modded/geared sensibly so that's fine. Now any Tom, **** or Harry will be able to drop me once they unlock Traya which is somewhat disappointing. I expected at least a couple of months.

Purchase is still going to give me the returns I expected, but I'll have to work a bit harder for them than I thought. Not the end of the world but mildly irritating.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • This is great :D

Some of my best friends in this game are whales, but I have to say, whale tears are by far the saltiest of all. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • This game is about feeding an addiction. If all there were to beat up on was other whales with the exact same team, it'd get boring. CG has to do something to keep feeding you whales players to destroy or else you won't have anything worth spending on. So they make a counter to your $400 character that only works on offense to keep f2p players around.