Let me get this straight?

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    TRANSLATION OF THIS THREAD: "I feel like frivolous complaining on the SWGOH forum... but that Where's the Road Ahead thread has been closed. Shoot... Well, guess I'll complain about BSF being the perfect foil to Revan even though she really isn't! #Overreaction"
  • Yep this is total crap. Not another cent spent in this game from me. Total crap move by the developers!
  • Considering many a player spent time, resources and whatnot in order to have multiple heroic STR squads capable of defeating the raid, the unleashing of Revan and his Jedi onto the Squad Arenas was a far more severe blow to the playerbase than Dark Bastila.

Unless one has very specific characters (geared and starred for that matter), with godmods equipped, all the effort of farming Traya for months would have been for nothing because her team was de facto incapable of beating pay2win RevanJedi squads.

All DBast does is, giving qualified Traya Sith teams a(nother) realistic chance to beat Revan teams on offense without having to do silly workarounds with Nest and Zaul with still very low success chances.

As someone else pointed out above, nothing holds on defense, isn't supposed to hold and never will until the end of time - that is the nature of the game. Whoever bought Revan in the hopes of having a 24hours top5 team should have known better, after (likely) having played the game for more than a year.
    Fools' tears are so sweet to behold. Every time were, are and will be.

And if you still think JKRevan is your god, just you wait until the day when Darth Revan and Darth Malak hit the tables. . . .
  • StarSon
    7428 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Ace0187420 wrote: »
    So you sold me a sword (Revan) a very expensive sword. Then you turn around and give away the shield? BSF viable at 3 star possibly the easiest gear in the game requires pretty much no investment at all. That's pretty shady if you ask me.

The sword wasn't that expensive, compared to the other swords. For under $300 you got 6 swords, where normal swords cost $300 each. It was like you went to Payless Sword Store, and they had a Buy One Get Five Free sale.

Also, this is always how the game has operated. Baze, Shore, DN... all arena viable (on offense) at low stars. Putting DSBastila on a team doesn't make it hold any better against Revan.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    So you sold me a sword (Revan) a very expensive sword. Then you turn around and give away the shield? BSF viable at 3 star possibly the easiest gear in the game requires pretty much no investment at all. That's pretty shady if you ask me.

The sword wasn't that expensive, compared to the other swords. For under $300 you got 6 swords, where normal swords cost $300 each. It was like you went to Payless Sword Store, and they had a Buy One Get Five Free sale.

Also, this is always how the game has operated. Baze, Shore, DN... all arena viable (on offense) at low stars. Putting DSBastila on a team doesn't make it hold any better against Revan.

If anything Revan is the super expensive shield, and Bastila is a nice little knife to the back. But when the Revan teams are moving up and they see that little tiny knife in front of them they casually just bat it away with their big fancy shield.

Revan is still by far the better defensive team. Revan still wins on offense every time against Sith. Bastila gives sith a more consistent offensive option, but doesn't help them defend against a Revan team.
  • Ace0187420
    104 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    You guys are under the impression that I'm upset that they released a counter. Which isn't really the problem, the problem is the timeline they released her. A counter was always coming but 1 month and requiring little to no investment is more the problem I'm pointing at. This will tell people not to spend and that's bad for the game.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    You guys are under the impression that I'm upset that they released a counter. Which isn't really the problem, the problem is the timeline they released her. A counter was always coming but 1 month and requiring little to no investment is more the problem I'm pointing at. This will tell people not to spend and that's bad for the game.

Let me ask you a question: why do you feel that BSF is the perfect counter to Revan?

I don't have Revan so I suppose I'm not the best person to suggest that she isn't, but she doesn't seem to cancel him out. He's very good and there is a lot to cancel out.
  • Ace0187420 wrote: »

Compared to RJT, whose counter was released 6 weeks before she was, this is an improvement.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Also, BSF has been out for one day. Players (especially those with Revan) will soon figure out how to face her.

Same thing happened with LS Bastila, Enfys Nest, Bossk ship, etc. Our initial experience against these were very difficult and seemingly impossible. Eventually, we'll all figure out how to beat them.

If anything, having to use your brain and plan strategically makes this game even more fun. Or you know... you can hope your OP team is so OP that you can auto every single match.... because that sounds fun.
  • Lio wrote: »

Let me ask you a question: why do you feel that BSF is the perfect counter to Revan?

I don't have Revan so I suppose I'm not the best person to suggest that she isn't, but she doesn't seem to cancel him out. He's very good and there is a lot to cancel out.

Because she adds to Traya's survivability. Revan will always Mark Traya. With BSF in there, Traya will survive at least one Mark, possibly two, which makes winning on offense easy.
    Lio wrote: »
    Also, BSF has been out for one day. Players (especially those with Revan) will soon figure out how to face her.

There is nothing to figure out. She does not make the team hard to beat when using Revan against it. It is slightly harder to kill Traya, but it does not suddenly make Traya teams hold on defense.
  • Lio wrote: »

Same thing happened with LS Bastila, Enfys Nest, Bossk ship, etc. Our initial experience against these were very difficult and seemingly impossible. Eventually, we'll all figure out how to beat them.

If anything, having to use your brain and plan strategically makes this game even more fun. Or you know... you can hope your OP team is so OP that you can auto every single match.... because that sounds fun.

It’s not offense people are worried about. It’s defense. Beating a 3 or 4* toon on offense is easy.

Revan teams are easier to beat now. Beating them not a 100% of the time thing, but it is much easier.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Compared to RJT, whose counter was released 6 weeks before she was, this is an improvement.

What toon/team are you referring to? Was it straight up better than JTR? I honestly can't remember, i believe JTR was dominant for quite a while on my leaderboard.
    Traya teams can relatively easy defeat revan teams even prior to the DS bastila release, but i wouldn't go as far as saying the counter was already released.
  • That is simply why I would never pay for such game.

Not that Its wrong to do so, but everyone should know it wouldn’t last long
  • Ace0187420 wrote: »

You will never learn. Your new shiny toon is only good until the next new shiny toon. Buyer beware.
  • Boov wrote: »

What toon/team are you referring to? Was it straight up better than JTR? I honestly can't remember, i believe JTR was dominant for quite a while on my leaderboard.

Nightsisters. 3*, g10 and below Nightsisters roflstomped all over the RJT "meta". Over before it started.
    Traya teams can relatively easy defeat revan teams even prior to the DS bastila release, but i wouldn't go as far as saying the counter was already released.

Traya teams without BSF require luck and very specific modding to win. Not what I would call "relatively easy".
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Boov wrote: »

Nightsisters. 3*, g10 and below Nightsisters roflstomped all over the RJT "meta". Over before it started.

The meta report said differently.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Boov
    604 posts Member

Traya teams without BSF require luck and very specific modding to win. Not what I would call "relatively easy".

You can get a relatively high winpercentage vs revan teams with traya, so i'd say you need to not get unlucky moreso than need luck to win. Obviously you need to set your team up correctly, but it's not like you need insane mods to win or anything like that.
  • EAS
    89 posts Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YTqA42k2tA

where is the spirit of the game argument??? uhh? "zombie cant be used weak cause blah blah blah" ( " @CG_TopHat ")

and now this? g8? 3 stars? against a 300 bucks squad?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?
  • All I'm gonna say is that I still use palp lead and I don't have Traya and I'm able to beat revan teams in my arena shard (Nov 2017). There is no perfect team or toon. The game should be about having fun and not just the meta
  • TVF wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »

The meta report said differently.

Just like it does now. Doesn't change the fact that their new shiny was immediately beatable by squads with low gear and stars.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    sying wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »

It’s not offense people are worried about. It’s defense. Beating a 3 or 4* toon on offense is easy.

Revan teams are easier to beat now. Beating them not a 100% of the time thing, but it is much easier.

Oh, ok. That makes more sense and I guess that justifies the rage a little more.Thanks for the insight!
  • VikCentari55
    53 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    No one forced you to buy revan. Most people who got revan probably invested heavily in or toons before they even knew there would be a revan. He could have been grievous 2.0 and had a horrible kit.

I don’t think it’s the fact we were or were not forced to buy revan, it’s that people who bought him expected a little longer ROI. Less than a month before brining out a ftp counter? It’s like when they released barriss and the immediately nerfed her
  • And based on the earnings report SWGOH is doing great, Revan sold well, and Darth Revan is likely too as well.

Quit complaining, this is not new, quite litreally every meta toon is replaced.

CLS, JTR, TRAYA....why do you think Revan is different?

But how long did their metas last? And pretty sure I’ll complain whenever I please
  • Yeah, the ROI on this investment is so bad it will put off future investments. Traya has been meta for like 8 months. So 1 month before a free counter comes out is ridiculous.
  • CorpseMaker77
    602 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    "Oh man... This is might not be the video that alot of Revan owners might wanna know about it" :D:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YTqA42k2tA
  • I think it's the tirumvirate users that worked out you can use Thrawn and FOO with them to ensure a 100% win rate against Revan that should be much more annoyed. They actually thought about it and came up with a counter using what was available and now all those people that were whinging about Revan being OP get a free solution handed to them on a plate without having to use any theory crafting (or google) at all. That's who the real victims of this whole debacle are!!! :D

*Troll alert
  • And based on the earnings report SWGOH is doing great, Revan sold well, and Darth Revan is likely too as well.

Quit complaining, this is not new, quite litreally every meta toon is replaced.

CLS, JTR, TRAYA....why do you think Revan is different?

But how long did their metas last? And pretty sure I’ll complain whenever I please

Of course you will....in the absence of a legitimate point you will complain.

1. The Revan Meta is not over.
    2. BSF is not a direct Revan counter .
    3. Meta does not mean impenetrable defense or 100% win rate.
    4. CG always releases more powerful characters in the future.
    5. BSF is a non-farmable marquee

What was your point beyond whinning?
  • Meh, all I have to do is charge back. I’ll have my money back, and they can have Revan back. No big deal and it only takes a few minutes.
  • I see so many ppl talk about g8 Bastila. Are we ALL short 1 stun gun? Lmao
  • I have revan and bought a vault to get him. I dont get the fuss of bastila shan fallen. All it does is help traya teams beat revan. Traya could already bear revan on offense. Other factions could too. I still drop with fully maxed revan jolee, occasionally to 30 or 40. The climb is easier. Revan also drops less than other teams.

All this means is i am hoarding now for revan 2.0