Cheater & hacker update 11/18

Replies

• 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Rikky wrote: »
    My account was hacked earlier today. I hope that person gets caught. No idea how to find out who it was and was still able to log on to my account so I didn't lose it. Any way I can prevent this?? Really don't want to lose 3 years of progress on this game

Change your passwords, contact Google Play or the Appstore, your login is controlled by them not CG unless it is a client side issue?

I get the “someone else has logged into the account “ message just before I get an update.

Are you using multiple devices to play? Phone, tablet, etc?

No I think its just kind of a bug when the update comes through. I just close out and reopen and its fine.
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    My account was hacked earlier today. I hope that person gets caught. No idea how to find out who it was and was still able to log on to my account so I didn't lose it. Any way I can prevent this?? Really don't want to lose 3 years of progress on this game

Change your passwords, contact Google Play or the Appstore, your login is controlled by them not CG unless it is a client side issue?

I get the “someone else has logged into the account “ message just before I get an update.

No I think its just kind of a bug when the update comes through. I just close out and reopen and its fine.

Given the banning of some and the anger that will follow, I'd file a ticket even if they say all is well. Better safe than sorry.
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Given the banning of some and the anger that will follow, I'd file a ticket even if they say all is well. Better safe than sorry.

If it happens again ill screen shot and follow through with that. It is scary when you see it though.
  • @cg_lucifersdaddy

i use a tapping app to spend my ally points on bronzium packs. its just such a pain to do by hand and bronzium packs do yield nice stuff. i hope that wouldnt get somehow flagged as third party app use. What is your policy regarding that? Am I at risk?

kind regards,

a really long time player
    ur not at risk because u can’t buy ally points if no one payed to play this game they would have got soft ban at most but not a good business move if 30% of players pay because they lack skills and u allow others to not pay and get more of an advantage lol.

• Rikky wrote: »

You'll see that message under two conditions:
    1. It's been over 24 hours since you've logged into the account
    2. You access the account on more than 1 device. (Phone, tablet, emulator). I see it all the time because I use my phone during the day and iPad sometimes in the evenings.

Did the message say along the lines of: You've been logged out or it's been more than 24hours since you've logged in.....? If so that's what it is.

The only way someone would be able to hack/log into your account is if they knew your gmail/iTunes password AND knew you played SWGOH.
  • TideWarrior
    90 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    In the end if this was not a pay for play model their would be no need to purchase crystals. But the game itself also created a need for those that wish to advance faster to find ways to do so at a cheaper rate. Part of the negative side to the business model. When demand is created a supplier will oblige. Also as the game continues to provide a model that requires more money to be spent to stay relevant for so many in game more players will look for the best ROI when spending. Maybe the 3rd parties would not be so attractive to those that use them if the game did not continue to become more of money sink with the quicker cadence release of toons needed to complete events for relevancy.

But the same can be said for those guilds and players that collude. If they would just play in the arena the way it was meant to play maybe some would not feel the need to use a 3rd party to compete. And everyone would have the same opportunity in game to receive the payouts they hope for.

See the solution is not a simple one. Outside of utilizing a 3rd party there are also ways in game to cheat the system for crystals. Until all are addressed and dealt with players will look for any advantage outside the game when the current model allows for players in the game to gain an unfair advantage just as well.

This is an incredible false equivalence between shard chats and getting 120,000 crystals for free via funding criminal enterprises.

The business model of the game is one that we all signed up for when we downloaded and began participating. Swgoh is not alone in using it and generally is very ftp friendly.

It is all about gaining an advantage that the game was not meant for. Some of you can defend it all you want but having a monopoly over the arena is not what this was designed for when created.

If I am wrong please show me where it states that colluding in the arena is allowed or please lets have someone from the game state the company supports that.

I am sorry that some of you can not differentiate between what is right and wrong. At least in the fairness of the game and for the overall health of the game. Wrong is wrong whether it is illegal or not there is still an ethical principle we all should follow if we all are truly concerned with the health of the game.

These type of things have been on far longer then many of you have been alive and their are many that are just about making a quick buck and not some organized crime syndicate looking to rule the world that some of you want to make it out to be. But I do enjoy the entertainment and I guess next someone will post the Illuminati is behind this scam.

• BrtStlnd wrote: »
    In the end if this was not a pay for play model their would be no need to purchase crystals. But the game itself also created a need for those that wish to advance faster to find ways to do so at a cheaper rate. Part of the negative side to the business model. When demand is created a supplier will oblige. Also as the game continues to provide a model that requires more money to be spent to stay relevant for so many in game more players will look for the best ROI when spending. Maybe the 3rd parties would not be so attractive to those that use them if the game did not continue to become more of money sink with the quicker cadence release of toons needed to complete events for relevancy.

But the same can be said for those guilds and players that collude. If they would just play in the arena the way it was meant to play maybe some would not feel the need to use a 3rd party to compete. And everyone would have the same opportunity in game to receive the payouts they hope for.

See the solution is not a simple one. Outside of utilizing a 3rd party there are also ways in game to cheat the system for crystals. Until all are addressed and dealt with players will look for any advantage outside the game when the current model allows for players in the game to gain an unfair advantage just as well.

This is an incredible false equivalence between shard chats and getting 120,000 crystals for free via funding criminal enterprises.

The business model of the game is one that we all signed up for when we downloaded and began participating. Swgoh is not alone in using it and generally is very ftp friendly.

It is all about gaining an advantage that the game was not meant for. Some of you can defend it all you want but having a monopoly over the arena is not what this was designed for when created.

If I am wrong please show me where it states that colluding in the arena is allowed or please lets have someone from the game state the company supports that.

I am sorry that some of you can not differentiate between what is right and wrong. At least in the fairness of the game and for the overall health of the game. Wrong is wrong whether it is illegal or not there is still an ethical principle we all should follow if we all are truly concerned with the health of the game.

These type of things have been on far longer then many of you have been alive and their are many that are just about making a quick buck and not some organized crime syndicate looking to rule the world that some of you want to make it out to be. But I do enjoy the entertainment and I guess next someone will post the Illuminati is behind this scam.

LD responded as to who and how these cheats are being done, see page 9. Clearly you are trolling and I find it distasteful to come anywhere close to defending the cheating, or what have you. Stop trolling and get on board with the entire community. The behavior being banned is unacceptable, and even sounding close to defending it is gross.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make with your comparison.

Would you be mad if it was your stolen credit card number being used?

There’s a MUCH bigger issue with the fraud that has been discovered here that you’re dismissing completely because you don’t think it has affected your shard specifically. Which is that organized crime has unfortunately infiltrated players here and that $ is being used to fund illegal activity.

This is something that obviously needs to be addressed, and for your response to be “well what about shard chats and legit whales” seems incredibly short-sighted.

We've gone full circel once again. I quoted my previous comments below, in which i'm clearly not dismissing the much bigger issue, mention that it should be adressed and in which i'm only clarifying my possition on why i don't have that much of an issue with it personally and why i think it isn't that much of an issue as far as gameplay is concerned in this game. This type of "cheater" isn't ruining the game.
    Boov wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly, it's not hurting the game per se.
    However, it's obviously unfair that some players who are breaking the ToS are getting crystals at a lower price than players who buy their crystals legit though.
    Whether or not it's feeding organized crime has no bearing on whether or not it's hurting the game.
    I do hope the criminals are being caught and justice is being served, but it's not like it's an issue for me personally. Just like burgalaries or organized crime in Dallas or Tokyo (i live nowhere near these cities) aren't an issue for me personally. I hope they get caught, that's about it.
    I certainly won't aid organized crime and i hope these bans deter others from buying crystals via these criminals, but it hasn't really affected my gaming experience in a negative way. That's all.
    never said it doesn't affect me, i said it's not an issue for me. Whether i'm fighting a guy who've spend 20k on 20k worth of crystals or a guy who've spend 5k on 20k worth of crystals makes no difference to me gameplay wise.
    I phrased it poorly, i meant it's not hurting gameplay. I obviously does hurt the game itself (the developers), so i fully understand that they're taking action.

• Boov wrote: »

There’s a MUCH bigger issue with the fraud that has been discovered here that you’re dismissing completely because you don’t think it has affected your shard specifically. Which is that organized crime has unfortunately infiltrated players here and that $ is being used to fund illegal activity.

This is something that obviously needs to be addressed, and for your response to be “well what about shard chats and legit whales” seems incredibly short-sighted.

We've gone full circel once again. I quoted my previous comments below, in which i'm clearly not dismissing the much bigger issue, mention that it should be adressed and in which i'm only clarifying my possition on why i don't have that much of an issue with it personally and why i think it isn't that much of an issue as far as gameplay is concerned in this game. This type of "cheater" isn't ruining the game.
    However, it's obviously unfair that some players who are breaking the ToS are getting crystals at a lower price than players who buy their crystals legit though.
    Whether or not it's feeding organized crime has no bearing on whether or not it's hurting the game.
    I do hope the criminals are being caught and justice is being served, but it's not like it's an issue for me personally. Just like burgalaries or organized crime in Dallas or Tokyo (i live nowhere near these cities) aren't an issue for me personally. I hope they get caught, that's about it.
    I certainly won't aid organized crime and i hope these bans deter others from buying crystals via these criminals, but it hasn't really affected my gaming experience in a negative way. That's all.
    never said it doesn't affect me, i said it's not an issue for me. Whether i'm fighting a guy who've spend 20k on 20k worth of crystals or a guy who've spend 5k on 20k worth of crystals makes no difference to me gameplay wise.
    I phrased it poorly, i meant it's not hurting gameplay. I obviously does hurt the game itself (the developers), so i fully understand that they're taking action.

This type of cheater would not even be in the running for the crystal payouts in Arena or Fleet or be taking away from a guildmates ability to take rank 1-10 in HSTR for “better” rewards than lower ranks.

If you honestly can’t see how this affects the entirety of the game then I don’t know what else to say to you. LD stated what the issue is and how it is affecting the game. He has stated this is just round one. And that crime in Tokyo or Dallas could effect you if they’re related to the stolen black market credit cards used to fund/fence the crystals. Crime has effects across all communities and borders that you don’t even think about in your everyday life. C yber crime is real, I see it every day and understand completely why CG is doing what they’re doing and fully support it.

LD responded as to who and how these cheats are being done, see page 9. Clearly you are trolling and I find it distasteful to come anywhere close to defending the cheating, or what have you. Stop trolling and get on board with the entire community. The behavior being banned is unacceptable, and even sounding close to defending it is gross.

You seem to have a reading comprehension issue but I will not digress as i do not know your background. I stated in my original post I do not support it and understand that rules are broken, the actions used were illegal and applauded the game for dealing with it. I assume you probably did not read that only what worked for your narrative.

And please tell me where I am trolling in regards to saying collusion in the arena is unethical. Are you supporting that action? I have read in multiple threads people asking the game to deal with it. I will not get onboard supporting any action whether via something illegal outside of the game or attempts within that do not benefit the game and its community as a whole but only those that participate in those actions.

To me any behavior that supports any created unfair advantage that was not intended for by the game is unacceptable and for any that support it I find distasteful. Again I do not differentiate because one is illegal in the real world and the other is not. I see both as unethical and neither good for the game. If not people would not complain about either as both actions create a toxic not healthy in game environment.

Whether or not you think this specific type of cheating is creating a bad gameplay experience for others is irrelevant. They broke the TOS and law. They’re banned. So if you agree with the way it’s being handled, why do you keep arguing this point? It literally does not matter if you individually think it impacts gameplay or not.

You seem to have a reading comprehension issue but I will not digress as i do not know your background. I stated in my original post I do not support it and understand that rules are broken, the actions used were illegal and applauded the game for dealing with it. I assume you probably did not read that only what worked for your narrative.

And please tell me where I am trolling in regards to saying collusion in the arena is unethical. Are you supporting that action? I have read in multiple threads people asking the game to deal with it. I will not get onboard supporting any action whether via something illegal outside of the game or attempts within that do not benefit the game and its community as a whole but only those that participate in those actions.

To me any behavior that supports any created unfair advantage that was not intended for by the game is unacceptable and for any that support it I find distasteful. Again I do not differentiate because one is illegal in the real world and the other is not. I see both as unethical and neither good for the game. If not people would not complain about either as both actions create a toxic not healthy in game environment.

I understand what you're saying. But I guess I wasn't clear. You offered excuses why the cheating came about, trying to diminish the impact and kinda lay blame to the gaming model. Then you co-opted the debate about cheating to attack shard chats. Both are attempts to side track the discussion, and promote your own agenda, that i guess you think it's cg's fault there are even cheaters, and your dislike of shard chats.

The issue at hand is about cheating.
  • So
    I’m from France. The 15k pack is at 109€
    If I switch to us store, it’s 99$ (roughly 90€)

Am I a cheater if I buy on us store ?

According to many people here and their arguments, it’s yes cause I pay less. So it’s unfair.

The truth is: The entire game is unfair.
    2 things only are true:
    - giving access to your account to a third part is a violation of condition of use and general term of swgoh
    - Supporting criminal organisations is morally bad

On the second point, I guess EA/cg should have warned the community about it when the knew it. More than one year ago...
    Maybe most of « cheaters » wouldn’t have crossed the line knowing this, cause they are good people at all.
  • Saladius wrote: »
    So

According to many people here and their arguments, it’s yes cause I pay less. So it’s unfair.

The truth is: The entire game is unfair.
    2 things only are true:
    - giving access to your account to a third part is a violation of condition of use and general term of swgoh
    - Supporting criminal organisations is morally bad

On the second point, I guess EA/cg should have warned the community about it when the knew it. More than one year ago...
    Maybe most of « cheaters » wouldn’t have crossed the line knowing this, cause they are good people at all.

Is there anything in the TOS that forbids what you’re doing? If not, no, not cheating.

They were warned. The TOS says if you buy crystals through a third party you’re subject to being band. Think of it the same as speed limits, if the posted limit is 80km/hr and you get pulled over, do they give you a warning or a ticket? It’s up to them, but the point is, The consequences exist even if you read the speed limit or not.
  • @Saladius there’s a huge difference between paying marginally less because of something outwith your control (exchange rates, global economy) and paying markedly less because someone is offering a deal that violates TOS.

It’s laughable reading the comments of a handful of users who are equating buying crystals from 3rd party vendors to being involved in an organised payout discussion group. It is absolutely simple: one of those activities is in breach of TOS, the other isn’t. Therefore one is cheating and the other isn’t.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

Whether or not you think this specific type of cheating is creating a bad gameplay experience for others is irrelevant. They broke the TOS and law. They’re banned. So if you agree with the way it’s being handled, why do you keep arguing this point? It literally does not matter if you individually think it impacts gameplay or not.

Because i feel like people are not seeying this mass ban for what it really is. People act like LD is some kind of hero for doing this, while he's just doing his job protecting the best interrest of ea/cg. It's just funny to me, especially because the ea/cg bashing for being greedy is so prevelent normally on this forum.
    Also because i'm amazed that some people are so happy about this mass ban for the reason that they no longer have to compete vs fraudulent p2p players while one of the most unfair thing ingame is almost never complained about, the difference in competativeness between leaderboards. It intrigues me.
    And lastly because people respond with arguments i don't agree with/are silly imo, or put words in my mouth i never said.
    And you're right, it doesn't matter what i individually think what impact it has on gameplay, but by voicing my opinion others might agree or see things a little differently. which is what a forum is all about right? Funny enough not alot of people seem to agree except for LD himself, haha.
  • Saladius
    102 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @Saladius there’s a huge difference between paying marginally less because of something outwith your control (exchange rates, global economy) and paying markedly less because someone is offering a deal that violates TOS.

It’s laughable reading the comments of a handful of users who are equating buying crystals from 3rd party vendors to being involved in an organised payout discussion group. It is absolutely simple: one of those activities is in breach of TOS, the other isn’t. Therefore one is cheating and the other isn’t.

What is the limit of marginally less ?
    Euro is already stronger than US dollar and has always been. This is clearly an unfair pricing set up by EA. Nothing more. And now they blame people who seeks better prices ? lol

If speed limit is 40 miles per hour and you get caugh at 42, are you a cheater or not?

Anyway no one replied on the part where EA/cg never warned about organised crime behind these discounts.
    especially after a biiiig marquee year.
    Post edited by Saladius on
    @Saladius there’s a huge difference between paying marginally less because of something outwith your control (exchange rates, global economy) and paying markedly less because someone is offering a deal that violates TOS.

Euro is already stronger than US dollar and has always been. This is clearly an unfair pricing set up by EA. Nothing more. And now they blame people who seeks better prices ? lol

If speed limit is 40 miles per hour and you get caugh at 42, are you a cheater or not?

Anyway no one replied on the part where EA/cg never warned about organised crime behind these discounts.
    Funny, especially after a biiiig marquee year.

The limit of “marginally less” is set by the market conditions. The Euro has absolutely not always been stronger than the US dollar. And how on earth can you claim that this has been setup by EA? They are not in control of the exchange rates.

The difference in price people were obtaining was orders of magnitude greater than any difference due to exchange rate. And yes, they do “blame” people who wanted to cheat.

If you can’t tell the difference between global economics and downright cheating, there might not be any point in continuing this discussion.

And EA don’t need to warn people - it was stated in the Terms of Service that every single one of us agreed to when we started playing the game: buying crystals from third party vendors was against the rules.

Uhh, yes, yes you are. You’re breaking the rules. There’s no such thing as a marginal infraction. Again, the TOS is clear, what they did merits ban. You should read them to ensure you’re not also in violation.
  • @cg_lucifersdaddy can we move on to more pressing issues now that this is slightly better.... what you may ask??? Adding top 20 to HSTR rewards so top guilds stop losing players to other guilds so they can be too 10? The guilds that farm usually have about 15-20 solid hitters and it's too crazy when the difference between 1st and 19th is 800k and they dont get a shot at gear. Hurting the game for sure, just a concerned fan :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Saladius wrote: »

Please take some time to look into this. The pricing by EA is set and then the app store used is changing the prices based on the international standards for exchange rates based on regions.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Saladius wrote: »

Please take some time to look into this. The pricing by EA is set and then the app store used is changing the prices based on the international standards for exchange rates based on regions.

Didn’t know it. Thanks.
  • Huckleberry(by the way like the name)

I was not offering excuses just facts. This is a pay to play game. Revenue is generated by in game purchases with no limit to what somebody is willing to spend. In turn this creates an advantage, not unfair because anyone can, but does create one. Which pushes other people to keep up. Those without unlimited financial resources look to circumvent the system and so the demand is there that lets 3rd party groups seek a financial opportunity. So yes the game model does create the demand and opportunity. If purchasing crystals did not create an advantage there would be no opportunity for these illegal transactions. Simple supply and demand formula. No this game was not the first but yet provided another opportunity for those outside vendors. CG did their part by monitoring it and catching them. So I applaud them for it but the model of the game by design created it which is why they have to monitor it because of the model and chance for exploitation by those seeking to gain both in game and out of game.

In regards to shard chats I have no agenda because I do not refresh in arena or try to be competitive. I was only pointing out even though not illegal it is still unethical as I do not believe the game was designed with it in mind. But again not the first game to experience this.

Funny, especially after a biiiig marquee year

And EA don’t need to warn people - it was stated in the Terms of Service that every single one of us agreed to when we started playing the game: buying crystals from third party vendors was against the rules.

I’m talking about preventing people from supporting organised crime who is acting on your game.

EA has its responsibility here cause organised crime is operating through its game.

They act now by banning people. That should lower drastically it.
    But they could also have reduced it earlier just by warning the community.
    I’m pretty sure lot of people who did this didn’t know about organised crime behind this (I understand cause I was surprised too), and lot of them wouldn’t have done it if they knew about it. That’s all.
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

Because i feel like people are not seeying this mass ban for what it really is. People act like LD is some kind of hero for doing this, while he's just doing his job protecting the best interrest of ea/cg. It's just funny to me, especially because the ea/cg bashing for being greedy is so prevelent normally on this forum.
    Also because i'm amazed that some people are so happy about this mass ban for the reason that they no longer have to compete vs fraudulent p2p players while one of the most unfair thing ingame is almost never complained about, the difference in competativeness between leaderboards. It intrigues me.
    And lastly because people respond with arguments i don't agree with/are silly imo, or put words in my mouth i never said.
    And you're right, it doesn't matter what i individually think what impact it has on gameplay, but by voicing my opinion others might agree or see things a little differently. which is what a forum is all about right? Funny enough not alot of people seem to agree except for LD himself, haha.

So you have some sort of personal vendetta against shard chats and also against people who perceive cheating as... cheating. Got it. Good luck winning those arguments.

Because it's a slow friday and I'm actually enjoying this I'll lay out the economics of why this impacts gameplay more broadly than shard chats.

The game is designed as a freemium model so that big spenders support F2P in the hopes that F2P becomes incremental spenders and maybe even whales. In order to convert F2P into spenders, they need to spend enough time and have enough tension in progress that they are encouraged to spend. So it's a balance, you don't want too many whales because then F2P doesn't feel as though they're juuuuussssstttt close enough that spending some money would make a difference. So, as those F2P become spenders, the management company (CG) has the ability to invest more resources into developing a more robust game that can support the growing number of players interacting with the game whom each have different interests while also being able to invest in new content that keeps existing customers/spenders engaged in the game. I think we all agree on this.

So what happens when a bunch of whales that are not actually whales start beating up on F2P? Well, instead of having a few obstacles between you and top arena ranks / TW victories / higher raid rewards you have a giant road block because those whales aren't actually whales. So instead of the game having the resources to keep what should be a ton of whales whaling, they have fewer resources with the pool of potential spenders dwindling because of unfair and illegal gameplay. See how this works? Those "big spenders" who aren't actually big spenders are reducing the resources the game has available to make it more fun for smaller spenders like me, and F2P peeps across the world. PLUS IT'S LITERALLY ILLEGAL. It's not just a TOS thing. If you work with a vendor that buys something for your account with a stolen CC, the FBI will probably shut down the game if they don't put actions in place to stop that behavior.

TL;DR - fake whales reduce the resources CG has to enhance the game by pushing out F2P who could become spenders because the wall of whales is insurmountable = global impact. Shard chats = micro impact. And just aren't an issue anyway.

PS - I don't know what your shard does, but all our shard chat does is list people's payout time and asks not to hit people during their payout hours. We don't block people out and we don't alternate payouts.
  • Huckleberry(by the way like the name)

I was not offering excuses just facts. This is a pay to play game. Revenue is generated by in game purchases with no limit to what somebody is willing to spend. In turn this creates an advantage, not unfair because anyone can, but does create one. Which pushes other people to keep up. Those without unlimited financial resources look to circumvent the system and so the demand is there that lets 3rd party groups seek a financial opportunity. So yes the game model does create the demand and opportunity. If purchasing crystals did not create an advantage there would be no opportunity for these illegal transactions. Simple supply and demand formula. No this game was not the first but yet provided another opportunity for those outside vendors. CG did their part by monitoring it and catching them. So I applaud them for it but the model of the game by design created it which is why they have to monitor it because of the model and chance for exploitation by those seeking to gain both in game and out of game.

In regards to shard chats I have no agenda because I do not refresh in arena or try to be competitive. I was only pointing out even though not illegal it is still unethical as I do not believe the game was designed with it in mind. But again not the first game to experience this.

The issues you call out about "the environment" that creates the "need" to cheat can be said about anything that cheats others and is so common that it's irrelevant. The environment is not the issue. The "perceived" need is the issue, and the general unscrupulous behavior some people have to get what they want, when they want it. Again, you're argument comes close to giving a pass to cheaters because somehow you come close to saying it's kinda Cg's fault for creating the environment and the need to cheat. And you come very close to saying that the cheater has no choice but to cheat and so is somehow free of guilt? Now we come full circle to my initial response to you, which still stands. And having gone full circle, this discussion is over.

Please don't try to minimize cheating.

Please don't try to blame CG for creating the environment to cheat.

Please don't try to blame CG for creating the need to cheat.

If you want to discuss shard chats, you are more than welcome to create your own post on another board and stop bringing it up here.

Please stick to the topic of cheating that many in the community come to this thread to learn about what CG is doing to stop cheating.
  • The great part of a forum is everyone is entitled to post. So since I have not broken any rule and if I did you would not be the one to decide when the discussion is over.

Now the irony in your post is what makes its even funnier.

I have not minimized cheating at all but yet you have by trying to separate different actions in the game that was not by design but exploited. You minimize by excluding.

No one blamed CG for the 3rd party vendors or for creating cheating. That is you assuming to fit your narrative. Which is common for people that need to minimize things to defend their actions in game.

I can gather you fail to understand a business model or an economic environment. Since I teach it for a living I will not on my time off. But the current model allows for the environment plain and simple. Just the nature of the beast and a byproduct of the game I am sure CG and every other gaming company would love to avoid. But it happens hence why LD said they have been investigating it for over a year. They have to continuously monitor to ensure a better gaming community. A resource I wish they did not have to allocate but again a byproduct of this business model for those seeking to exploit outside of the game. A target of opportunity.

In regards to the topic I am on tooic. As you said it is about cheating and I believe any unattended action taking by a player that exploits the game to their advantage is cheating. You can disagree and I am sure you will respond. Because you feel justified by making assumptions of what others are saying and like to minimize. So have at it can not wait to hear your response
  • You're really talking at crossed purposes here. You both think that the 3rd party crystal vendors are bad and that CG have a responsibility to monitor and prevent their use. Why spend hundreds of words arguing about the nuances of exactly why? It's a waste of your time.

Shard chats are an entirely separate issue, conflating the two because they're both 'things which happen outside the game yet affect the in-game environment' is facile. Can I request that if you want to have a discussion on the ethics of shard chats, you do it in a separate thread.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
    So

No, but you may be breaking the law due to evading taxes!

• @TideWarrior you may well equate participation in shard chats with the purchase of cut-price crystals from 3rd party vendors, but only one of those activities is in direct breach of the terms of service.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion, but it seems clear that most other posters and the game developers do not agree with it.
This discussion has been closed.