Let me get this straight?

Replies

• Yeah like some people have said, although I'm happy to have something that will help me beat revan leads, it's completely understandable that when you go all in with your wallet for someone like LS revan you should (and rightfully expect)a decent amount of time as arena Meta.

From early feedback badstila seems to not hold amazing in defence though so maybe those revan holders will still have a fair enough return on their investment.

It's only fair and has been the way this game has been ran since I joined, circa phasma and sidious meta (right after jaws meta)
  • Monel wrote: »
    I'm confused, aren't there a few teams that counter Revan including Traya without new dark Bastila? I think really fast ewoks is one of them. Not really seeing the big deal here.

You got really fast ewoks?
  • Enerdrizer wrote: »
    Ace0187420 wrote: »
    So you sold me a sword (Revan) a very expensive sword. Then you turn around and give away the shield? BSF viable at 3 star possibly the easiest gear in the game requires pretty much no investment at all. That's pretty shady if you ask me.

Well, you bought the sword, not the shield :D

Dats me too, no complaints here. Bought the sword, no shield included
  • Revan still will dominate the top of most shards. I would think BSF would be welcomed to make the game a little fun and add a bit of challenge cause now your team might fall a few more places over night and heaven forbid you actually need to play (ie enter and hit auto) a few arena matches. Those that paid still get the advantage in arena, in tw, in the str, probably in tb. The ROI is still essentially the same, and for a minnow or dolphin not worth it, but for those that invested, if this throws you over, you probably already had regretted your investment.
  • And based on the earnings report SWGOH is doing great, Revan sold well, and Darth Revan is likely too as well.

Quit complaining, this is not new, quite litreally every meta toon is replaced.

CLS, JTR, TRAYA....why do you think Revan is different?

But how long did their metas last? And pretty sure I’ll complain whenever I please

Of course you will....in the absence of a legitimate point you will complain.

1. The Revan Meta is not over.
    2. BSF is not a direct Revan counter .
    3. Meta does not mean impenetrable defense or 100% win rate.
    4. CG always releases more powerful characters in the future.
    5. BSF is a non-farmable marquee

What was your point beyond whinning?

My main point is it’s a slap in the face of paying customers. I don’t know about everyone else, but I personally paid to be dominant and not to worry about a ftp character being able to diminish that dominance so that all the ftp “whiners” can have a chance.

Bsf is a direct counter to revan. Not sure what your talking about there.

Yes cg always releases more characters, that’s how the game moves forward. I’m not complaining about them releasing a powerful character, I’m saying they essentially neutered one that had about a two week run.

Yeah, revan is still an elite toon. A little less elite now though.

It matters not if she is farmable right now when you see video of teams that have her at 3*, teams that couldn’t beat a revan team before, start being able to take down fully geared/starred revan teams. She doesn’t have to be farmable if she’s viable at 3* g10.

If they were going to do that, they should’ve released revan the same way and made his skills/abilities just as potent at 3*.

So now, what again is your point? Since I’ve countered all your weak arguments.

if a 3* dbast is beating you you're doing it wrong
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    And based on the earnings report SWGOH is doing great, Revan sold well, and Darth Revan is likely too as well.

Quit complaining, this is not new, quite litreally every meta toon is replaced.

CLS, JTR, TRAYA....why do you think Revan is different?

But how long did their metas last? And pretty sure I’ll complain whenever I please

Of course you will....in the absence of a legitimate point you will complain.

1. The Revan Meta is not over.
    2. BSF is not a direct Revan counter .
    3. Meta does not mean impenetrable defense or 100% win rate.
    4. CG always releases more powerful characters in the future.
    5. BSF is a non-farmable marquee

What was your point beyond whinning?

My main point is it’s a slap in the face of paying customers. I don’t know about everyone else, but I personally paid to be dominant and not to worry about a ftp character being able to diminish that dominance so that all the ftp “whiners” can have a chance.

Bsf is a direct counter to revan. Not sure what your talking about there.

Yes cg always releases more characters, that’s how the game moves forward. I’m not complaining about them releasing a powerful character, I’m saying they essentially neutered one that had about a two week run.

Yeah, revan is still an elite toon. A little less elite now though.

It matters not if she is farmable right now when you see video of teams that have her at 3*, teams that couldn’t beat a revan team before, start being able to take down fully geared/starred revan teams. She doesn’t have to be farmable if she’s viable at 3* g10.

If they were going to do that, they should’ve released revan the same way and made his skills/abilities just as potent at 3*.

So now, what again is your point? Since I’ve countered all your weak arguments.

So explain what they did wrong in the videos. Are you saying revan holds on defense? Cuz you're the first person to say that...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    [quote="VikCentari55;c-16978

So explain what they did wrong in the videos. Are you saying revan holds on defense? Cuz you're the first person to say that...

that vid they won, but g levels?? ps no one holds on defense
  • Traya deserves to have the spot light for much longer. HSTR was and still is the hardest content to date in the game and CG rewarded players that can spend $300+ in a single sitting on this game, negating months of coordination and farming to beat HSTR. I'm perfectly happy that CG realized they screwed up and gave Traya a fighting chance.

To all those that bought Revan, I'm sorry you now have to do more than simply hit "auto" ;-)
  • BSF is f2p but I’m sure Malak will not be. But again.....with time.....EVERYTHING in this game is f2p in the long run. Paying cash just significantly cuts down on the farming grind. That’s it.

Just wait for all those f2p dolphins that find themselves more prepared for JKL than the short term whales. There’s been more than enough time to prep for the ‘unknown specific’ toons required for him.

This game will constantly evolve until the mobile technology no longer serves its purpose. Broke whales will always be replaced with new whales or those with deeper pockets.

F2p all the way baby!! Unless the bring back the daily crystal pack🤣
  • Fact one, people wanted Traya to be useful again. They just got their wish.

Fact two, people wanted content to be released faster. Yep, they're getting it alright.

Thank you for listening to the players but now they're mad lol. Careful what you wish for because you may just get it :)
  • OP, you're saying that because you spent you should be way above everyone who doesn't. I'm sorry to tell you but in 3 years of the game that has never been the case, there are many ftp who were always at the top, even now they hold without revan. Bad Bastila is only here to help us ease the fight, as she needs a very well modded team around her
  • Darknesswon
    618 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I think it will hurt panic farming. Why would i ever panic farm again to get a character, that will be made , average in a few weeks? I think waiting is best , yeah, they are still good in tw and tb , but so are lots of other easier to get toons.
    Post edited by Darknesswon on
  • Boov wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Traya teams without BSF require luck and very specific modding to win. Not what I would call "relatively easy".

You can get a relatively high winpercentage vs revan teams with traya, so i'd say you need to not get unlucky moreso than need luck to win. Obviously you need to set your team up correctly, but it's not like you need insane mods to win or anything like that.

****. Without using cheese zaul or qira nest, using standard traya team with thrawn requires exceptionally fast thrawn. Or even ep lead, still a fair bit of luck.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Easybee wrote: »
    First they drive away a bunch of FTP by making the requirements for Revan nearly impossible to get without substantial financial investment. 5 recently released toons and a 7 star requirement. Then less than a month later let's drive away the whales/dolphins by devaluing their investment.

As a mostly FTP player who was disappointed with the inaccessiblity of Revan, I was not at all driven away by it. That there is a counter for Revan now, to me demonstrates the health of the game, by refusing to allow a single meta to dominate unchallenged. Some people expect to be able to pay money for an assured win, at least for a good while. The fact that this game does not allow for that is THE KEY REASON I still play this game.

Less QQ more pew pew.

have we been playing the same game or did you forget Traya and the sith meta that lasted SEVEN MONTHS?

Do people have weak minds who play this game where they manage to forget things instantly and make up false facts and lie? Traya still dominates even under Revan, who can beat her easily on offence but now will lose to her on defence.

We right back to a sith traya meta after like a 3 week break, there is no "The game does not allow for that" the game has been designed to be exactly like that.

I'm honestly amazed that the investment people put into Revan already has fallen through. Revan should have dominated arena for at least 4months, not 3 weeks. The most expensive toon ever to be released hardly got any time at all in the limelight and a counter already is released seems abit.. off.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Though I do realise this thread is full of jealous people who didn't pay for Revan and can't handle losing to him, I didn't pay for Revan myself and don't mind that others paid to win with him, let them do that, its their business. But I do agree that Revan should have dominated the meta for much longer.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    First they drive away a bunch of FTP by making the requirements for Revan nearly impossible to get without substantial financial investment. 5 recently released toons and a 7 star requirement. Then less than a month later let's drive away the whales/dolphins by devaluing their investment.

As a mostly FTP player who was disappointed with the inaccessiblity of Revan, I was not at all driven away by it. That there is a counter for Revan now, to me demonstrates the health of the game, by refusing to allow a single meta to dominate unchallenged. Some people expect to be able to pay money for an assured win, at least for a good while. The fact that this game does not allow for that is THE KEY REASON I still play this game.

Less QQ more pew pew.

have we been playing the same game or did you forget Traya and the sith meta that lasted SEVEN MONTHS?

Do people have weak minds who play this game where they manage to forget things instantly and make up false facts and lie? Traya still dominates even under Revan, who can beat her easily on offence but now will lose to her on defence.

We right back to a sith traya meta after like a 3 week break, there is no "The game does not allow for that" the game has been designed to be exactly like that.

I'm honestly amazed that the investment people put into Revan already has fallen through. Revan should have dominated arena for at least 4months, not 3 weeks. The most expensive toon ever to be released hardly got any time at all in the limelight and a counter already is released seems abit.. off.

How is he the most expensive toon ever to be released? A good part of the reason I whaled for revan was that it cost the same amount as a marquee toon and I got six 7* toons for my money, none of which are bad. Revan was super cheap in comparison to most other 'p2p' toons.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    Totally agree. This is outrageous!
    I spent pretty much to get revan and get rid of Traya’s team. For what?! To be in top 30 for 2 weeks?! And you release free character that made Traya team impossible to win with Full revan team?
    I am done with spending. What’s the point? There is no warranty next day you spend several hundreds there will be no free counter to it.

Your Revan team cannot beat a Traya team with ds bastila? How bad is your team/mod?
  • MJS
    102 posts Member
    Do you realize the TW implications from a character like Revan? There must me some balance, you can't have an invincible squad when TW is on the line
  • I'm more upset they're doing their best to keep sith viable after an 8+ month run at the top. At least let the best counter be another faction people have to invest in.
  • MJS wrote: »
    Do you realize the TW implications from a character like Revan? There must me some balance, you can't have an invincible squad when TW is on the line

Like there was for traya ?
  • MJS wrote: »

Like there was for traya ?

Danger zone mops the floor with traya
  • People who are just unlocking Traya should be happy. Revan messed up a lot of hard work for them. Traya should be meta for a long time. On a less binary note, figure out your tools before you say they don’t work right.
  • There are few things wrong with BSF and one of them is that she does not have dark side bone in her body and yet now she will become part of Sith meta.

It was too soon and it might backfire for future earnings as I don't see why would anybody ever again spend large chunk of money on future characters.

Issue of Sith Trio was never addressed. When Nihilus came out he was OPed and still is. When Sion came out he was OPed and still is. When Treya came out she was OPed and still is.
    Instead of helping them stay meta there should be "normalized" so that other teams have chance. Only way I can think about their unwillingness to address this issue is that one of the developers plays Traya team in arena and is unwilling to adapt in his/her own game.

Also I would like to point that Revan brought lots of weird teams (NS, BH, Scoundrels, CLS, JTR even Ewoks) in top 100 of arena and now all those teams will sooner or later be pushed out of even top 200.

On different note why are people still running Thrawn in their teams as it seems to me that Palpatine (or even Vader) would be better option even if he is not in a leader position?
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    No one forced you to buy revan. Most people who got revan probably invested heavily in or toons before they even knew there would be a revan. He could have been grievous 2.0 and had a horrible kit.

I'm pretty sure a LOT of ppl dumped hundreds the week of his event. Thank god I'm not one.

Yeah, But they weren't forced to do it, So they can get angry all they want, They made that choice.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Though I do realise this thread is full of jealous people who didn't pay for Revan and can't handle losing to him, I didn't pay for Revan myself and don't mind that others paid to win with him, let them do that, its their business. But I do agree that Revan should have dominated the meta for much longer.

I didn't pay for revan, and I still beat him every day, with or without fallen bastila. This is not about jealousy, it's about not monopolizing arena and TW
  • If you spend thats your choice, but if you think because you spent/panic farmed that guarantees anything well sorry but that is incorrect.
    No where was there a guarantee that getting ls Revan would lock in a top arena spot forever or for x months.

Im close to being Revan ready(f2p farmed, ive bought 1 crystal pack in the last 6 months before any OR toons were launched)
    When they are done ill switch to the DS OR toons and be ready for their second run of the dark side legendary(Revan or Malak likely).
    So no issue with the current release cadence.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

Less QQ more pew pew.

How is he the most expensive toon ever to be released? A good part of the reason I whaled for revan was that it cost the same amount as a marquee toon and I got six 7* toons for my money, none of which are bad. Revan was super cheap in comparison to most other 'p2p' toons.

I can't get how quoting works on these forums, but wth do the above think?? OF COURSE Revan is the most expensive toon ever, and that's ok. People think leveling 5 toons to 7* is cheap?? so confused
  • This thread kills me. It's like somehow the sky has fallen because Bastilla Fallen was released. The Triumvirate was already a counter to Revan. This has changed absolutely nothing. There were also Commander Luke, Tarkin, Ewok and Nightsister teams being used. So Bastilla Fallen has been released and now people can use a different fifth character on their Sith team to beat Revan? Who cares? I think a lot of people misunderstand the term 'meta'. It does not equate to unbeatable, but simply the most effective team available and Revan teams are still that by a wide margin. In terms of people spending hundreds of dollars on Revan, that's literally no different than people buying Marquee characters. In fact it was so blatantly obvious that Revan was going to be included in the game when five Old Republic characters were released that it should have cost most people practically nothing. The Thrawn legendary set the standard for new factions being released into the game. If a new faction hits and there's at least five of them, then you're looking at an upcoming event release character. You save up crystals and you farm like mad as soon as those characters hit the table. If you don't farm these dark side Old Republic characters as soon as they are released and don't save up your crystals and then act surprised when whoever the new character is is released in an event that needs them then it's safe to say you have not paid attention to the patterns this game has followed for the past few years.
  • I can understand that ppl think BSF was released too soon after Revan, I don’t have Revan but when he was released I felt that it was too soon after I had finally managed to farm Traya and Sion.

However, while Revan was meta shifting BSF is not, she is at best a possible counter on offense (and even that is far from a sure win) but get smashed on def (just as jedi Bastilla was a counter to the zPalp/zader meta and not a true meta in itself).

Revan is still the unchallenged meta, yes other teams can beat him but none other currently hold as well on defence.