3 year anniversary event..... why no announcement?

Prev13
Last year they announced the event on November 17 https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143885/version-update-11-22-2017

I really hope they have something planned like this. Those rewards, double drops, and crystals discount are awesome 😎. Hope they can do that for us again.

Replies

• Considering half of California is on fire right now, they may have other priorities.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »
    Considering half of California is on fire right now, they may have other priorities.

I highly doubt they are fighting the fire or in danger or burning....
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It's Monday morning at their place, give it a few hours.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Considering half of California is on fire right now, they may have other priorities.

The office was closed on Friday due to air quality issues from the fires. It is a very wide spread issue and let's no minimize its effects on the people and places near there.
  • In the Road Ahead, CG_Carrie was quoted about the 3 Year Anniversary, and she said:

"We have some gifts and events planned for everyone to celebrate with us. We will share more details closer to the start of the event."
  • Whatever they do we won't be happy, so....
  • Would be nice to get the compensation for all the outages they promised but never sent out
  • Flugsvamp wrote: »
    Would be nice to get the compensation for all the outages they promised but never sent out

Perhaps, but considering the fires, its out of their control.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »

The office was closed on Friday due to air quality issues from the fires. It is a very wide spread issue and let's no minimize its effects on the people and places near there.

How far from the fires is HQ? Wishing y'all good luck and safety.
  • CG is in Sacramento that’s almost 400 miles away from the fires right?
  • Grimstoned wrote: »
    CG is in Sacramento that’s almost 400 miles away from the fires right?

The smoke and debris can travel a distance. Did you hear of the Bethlehem Steel plant in Buffalo catching fire over a year ago? Debris from that was landing in my hometown of Gowanda, and that's 30 miles. In comparison, that fire was tiny compared to what Cali is dealing with.

Air quality in almost all of California has been affected. Fires, especially large fires don't just affect the area they are in.

Air quality in almost all of California has been affected. Fires, especially large fires don't just affect the area they are in.

Bingo! The Santa Ana winds both fuel and carry the fire, smoke and ash over hundreds of miles. California's current air quality is lower than any other metropolitan area on Earth.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • 0nhcxem72dwb.png
    The Camp fire is a lot closer than the one near Los Angeles.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I was going to say "only on this forum would we debate how much the devastating fires are responsible for no mobile game free gift announcement" but then I realized this is exactly the sort of thing the internet excels at.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Grimstoned wrote: »

The last time California had a really bad fire it affected even us here in Utah. I have family that work in hospitals and they said several people were hospitalized due to bad allergies that the California smoke brought two states over.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    At any rate, I hope everybody is staying safe and I hope the community here is understanding/sympathetic to the challenges being faced now :smile:
  • I live about 100 miles south of Sacramento, and even here, the air quality is horrible. They were saying the other day, being outside and simply breathing was like smoking a pack of cigarettes a day.... trust me, until you have lived here and experienced it, California doesnt make a lot of sense.
  • Obi1_son wrote: »

Yeah who cares about their families and friends homes, and lives? I want my update now! (Sarcasm)
  • I live in Nevada and fires in California affect the air quality here from time to time. Let’s just hope the devs are all safe and sound and not worry about our free stuff. Just saying.
  • Its really hard to imagine for mewhat is going on there. I work for a small company, and yet we get the option to work from home. Why cant a billion dollar company have something similar, for remote work?
    Or are they literally fighting fire around their homes? Is the fire so bad that the US government cant do it themselves?
  • Its really hard to imagine for mewhat is going on there. I work for a small company, and yet we get the option to work from home. Why cant a billion dollar company have something similar, for remote work?
    Or are they literally fighting fire around their homes? Is the fire so bad that the US government cant do it themselves?

Ever fight a wild fire? Small ones can be tough to control due to terrain, debris and weather factors. 50 acres can take days to put out if the odds are stacked against you. It doesn't matter if its feet or miles from their homes, there still is dangers from smoke, which travels for miles, even across state boundaries. So cut them some slack, or volunteer to go put it out yourself.
  • Let's talk about the real issue. Lets hope the servers are located remotely and safe in a bunker somewhere, lol.

In all seriousness, mother nature can be fickle and indiscriminate. Hopefully all impacted are safe and sound.

They should back up the game to the cloud. lol
  • USAFmedic129
    1538 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Grimstoned wrote: »

Try 80 miles away. While Sac is not endanger of the fire itself, the air quality from Paradise all the way to Santa Cruz has been hazardous due to the wind direction and zero rain. If CG took the whole week off, I’d be ok with it. This is about health and safety. The game is still playable with out their intervention or needing to do more.
  • No need to argue- human life is the priority here.

As for game anniversary it’s Monday I’m sure we will get something by wed. And cg will be gone till Monday. Happy anny to all. I can’t believe I have been playing this game for 3 years in one more month.
  • Very few games have I played this long. It's the community. :)
  • No need to argue- human life is the priority here.

As for game anniversary it’s Monday I’m sure we will get something by wed. And cg will be gone till Monday. Happy anny to all. I can’t believe I have been playing this game for 3 years in one more month.

Yeah, I'm coming up on 3 years in February. Kinda crazy. Thankfully my love of SW has kept me around
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Its really hard to imagine for mewhat is going on there. I work for a small company, and yet we get the option to work from home. Why cant a billion dollar company have something similar, for remote work?

Why does it matter?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Its really hard to imagine for mewhat is going on there. I work for a small company, and yet we get the option to work from home. Why cant a billion dollar company have something similar, for remote work?

Why does it matter?

They must need some sort of instant gratification, no matter who suffers for it.
This discussion has been closed.