3 year anniversary event..... why no announcement?

Replies

• Free stuff is great.... am I right? Why can’t we just focus on this game instead of the real life horror of living in Cali right now.
  • They could make an announcement. Just something like, ‘stuff’s delayed due to the fire; we’ll update the community soon.’

I don’t think anyone is making the ridiculous argument that bonus events are > human life, but how are we to know if there’s a safety factor or just another extended period of radio silence.

Anyhow. I hope everyone at CG, and all you white knights here, have a safe and happy thanksgiving.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    They could make an announcement. Just something like, ‘stuff’s delayed due to the fire; we’ll update the community soon.’

They did make an announcement, they said stuff would be coming soon. Anything related to the fire is just conjecture.

People are just super impatient. If there's an update this week I'm sure it will come with it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Grimstoned wrote: »
    Free stuff is great.... am I right? Why can’t we just focus on this game instead of the real life horror of living in Cali right now.

It's kinda hard to get free stuff from a staff that's preoccupied with their emergency.
  • Chuck, it is more than kinda hard. This is serious. CG is in mortal danger. Kinda hard ....really sheesh.

But anyways happy anniversary swgoh! Woot!
    Chuck, it is more than kinda hard. This is serious. CG is in mortal danger. Kinda hard ....really sheesh.

But anyways happy anniversary swgoh! Woot!

I'm sure I can stand not getting clone wars chewie shards one year. Their gift ideas are almost as bad as my grandma giving individually wrapped socks.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Its really hard to imagine for mewhat is going on there. I work for a small company, and yet we get the option to work from home. Why cant a billion dollar company have something similar, for remote work?
    Or are they literally fighting fire around their homes? Is the fire so bad that the US government cant do it themselves?

In their office they only have one computer, the real problem here is if they lose that one computer...
  • Let's talk about the real issue. Lets hope the servers are located remotely and safe in a bunker somewhere, lol.

In all seriousness, mother nature can be fickle and indiscriminate. Hopefully all impacted are safe and sound.

They should back up the game to the cloud. lol

Um... where do you think stuff that goes to the "cloud" goes? Cloud City?
  • Its really hard to imagine for mewhat is going on there. I work for a small company, and yet we get the option to work from home. Why cant a billion dollar company have something similar, for remote work?
    Or are they literally fighting fire around their homes? Is the fire so bad that the US government cant do it themselves?

Have you seen what the US gov't is capable of? I'd rather take care of it myself. lol
    Seriously though, the fire is huge and as many others have noted the smoke will affect air quality for several states. So I imagine in CA, it's particularity bad. Hope all CG staff is safe and hope all those in the SWGOH community have a great holiday this week.
  • My state sent Firefighters to California to help out, Texas sent firefighters. Many have. If California would cut down some trees instead of hugging them they’d be in much better shape. Insane regulations. Hope they stay safe though.
  • I live in the San Joaquin valley (near Bakersfield/Fresno ca) and our entire area is smothered in smoke. It’s affecting all of us with breathing issues.
    CG is in Sacramento that’s almost 400 miles away from the fires right?
    I just drove through Sacramento yesterday and it was really bad. I have no idea on how thick the smoke is since I made sure my windows were up and air was on recirculation, but it was thick smoke. I wouldn’t blame them if there have been delays.

• Whatever they do we won't be happy, so....

@DuneSeaFarmer you sure know how to speak the community mind!
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Whatever they do we won't be happy, so....

I'd love to be wrong, but past exp. Speaks otherwise. Hopefully I am proven wrong.
  • Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Whatever they do we won't be happy, so....

I'd love to be wrong, but past exp. Speaks otherwise. Hopefully I am proven wrong.

Pretty sure peeps were happy with the zeta and laughed at the chewy shards
  • what does it matter, anything they throw would be garbage vs "something paid" :D
    Last year they announced the event on November 17 https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/143885/version-update-11-22-2017

I really hope they have something planned like this. Those rewards, double drops, and crystals discount are awesome 😎. Hope they can do that for us again.

I got an announcement about the year 3 event and it was to inform us of the year 3 event coming. It stated that they would announce more info closer to the event. We got this info before the 17th. I'm sure it was stated already but I didn't back read, didn't feel the need to. Just wanted to rub it in some more :)
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Its really hard to imagine for mewhat is going on there. I work for a small company, and yet we get the option to work from home. Why cant a billion dollar company have something similar, for remote work?

Yes, the fires are so bad that the US government can NOT handle it themselves. The first responders and firefighters are doing everything they can. An entire city burned to the ground, 76 people are dead and there is over 1000 people missing still.

Try to be a little more considerate when talking about this.
  • Big deal if CG is late with a response or gift for 3 year Anniversary. Human lives are way more important than any game. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by the fires. Major props go out to all the firefighters, emt's, search and rescue teams and everyone else involved with this tragedy. Stay safe all!
  • It's the 22nd Nov someone mentioned, so we got time
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    aikiman78 wrote: »
    Big deal if CG is late with a response or gift for 3 year Anniversary. Human lives are way more important than any game. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families affected by the fires. Major props go out to all the firefighters, emt's, search and rescue teams and everyone else involved with this tragedy. Stay safe all!

This guy gets it!
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    It's the 22nd Nov someone mentioned, so we got time

I think it's actually the 24th, but don't quote me on that.

No one quote me!
  • TVF wrote: »

No one quote me!

Ok
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

quote me!

Quoted
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    maybe they should have raked and cleaned the woods, just listen to your trumpident and don't ignore his wisdom.

No one quote me!

Its the interwebs, everything is fair game. lol
  • My “wish list” for an anniversary present would be a 1-time chance to strip every mod off of every toon for free and let us rebuild each toon the way we want.
  • event calendar appears empty for Nov 21st. Maybe a smuggler/cargo event drops or maybe the anniversary stuff a little early in advance of holiday long weekend? Lots of stuff on tap over Thanksgiving already
  • TVF
    36591 posts Member
    ALsoccer19 wrote: »
    My “wish list” for an anniversary present would be a 1-time chance to strip every mod off of every toon for free and let us rebuild each toon the way we want.

No thanks, credits are much less valuable than zetas or gear.
    ALsoccer19 wrote: »
    My “wish list” for an anniversary present would be a 1-time chance to strip every mod off of every toon for free and let us rebuild each toon the way we want.

No thanks, credits are much less valuable than zetas or gear.

Why not strip everything down and start again? Basically every credit, crystal, gear piece and mat?
This discussion has been closed.