Checkup on the Sith Triumvirate Raid [MEGA]

Replies

• Anyone else noticing Nihilus and Traya are single target focusing specific player characters and not distributing attacks amongst the group? Both select R2 over all other characters without fail and then focus target BB-8 once R2 dies after 1 or 2 hits.
  • Anyone else noticing Nihilus and Traya are single target focusing specific player characters and not distributing attacks amongst the group? Both select R2 over all other characters without fail and then focus target BB-8 once R2 dies after 1 or 2 hits.

Been that way for awhile bossk is 100% guarantee cooldown increase and when you get over 25 bonds your character with the ability to remove bonds starts getting hit with cooldown increase. A weak attempt to make it “challenging”
  • Notice it on Vader too. As soon as Traya is debuffed in P4 she'll pull TM and increase cooldown every time he's ready for culling blade. Oh well. Smart move, AI. Well played.

P3 Traya is horrible for this.

It defies common sense that they would buff healers and then have a mechanic (isolate) that targets the healer every time to the point where they can't survive long enough to actually heal anyone.
  • I notice that the strong get stronger and and weak stay weak. It seems to be a more common theme in the game lately. The high GP guilds put sith raid on auto and us little guys cant even think of playing heroic. So we miss out on a great toon which in turn means we don't grow and the high guilds keep getting stronger
  • I notice that the strong get stronger and and weak stay weak. It seems to be a more common theme in the game lately. The high GP guilds put sith raid on auto and us little guys cant even think of playing heroic. So we miss out on a great toon which in turn means we don't grow and the high guilds keep getting stronger

Be fair. It's a balancing act. If they reward the weaker players exorbitantly, the stronger players lose the motivation to play.
  • Degs29 wrote: »
    I notice that the strong get stronger and and weak stay weak. It seems to be a more common theme in the game lately. The high GP guilds put sith raid on auto and us little guys cant even think of playing heroic. So we miss out on a great toon which in turn means we don't grow and the high guilds keep getting stronger

Be fair. It's a balancing act. If they reward the weaker players exorbitantly, the stronger players lose the motivation to play.

My wallet says other wise. Gonna buy more 4 more shares of Disney Stock per month instead of investing further in this game.
  • I must say, I really enjoy the RNG of P3 with my chex mix squad. Spending 2 hrs with plenty of restarts, just to get a single good run to contribute my 4% for the guild is awesome! The isolates or daze on HS or the lack of counters which just does minimal dmg when everything looks like its going to work and I might get there. It's really just bliss!

At least I know, that if I am patient enough and don't have anything better to do with my time, like contribute to a TW, then I will eventually get that 4%!

I think it might really make the game less enjoyable if it took less time and maybe only 1 or 2 restarts or no restarts at all, to get that 4%.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited November 2018
    Doneeta wrote: »
    I must say, I really enjoy the RNG of P3 with my chex mix squad. Spending 2 hrs with plenty of restarts, just to get a single good run to contribute my 4% for the guild is awesome! The isolates or daze on HS or the lack of counters which just does minimal dmg when everything looks like its going to work and I might get there. It's really just bliss!

At least I know, that if I am patient enough and don't have anything better to do with my time, like contribute to a TW, then I will eventually get that 4%!

I think it might really make the game less enjoyable if it took less time and maybe only 1 or 2 restarts or no restarts at all, to get that 4%.
    Chex Mix is not CG approved team strategy. It was a team made by the players to score at least 4%. CG is not at fault for us coming up with a RNG heavy strategy.

There are other teams that are more reliable and less RNG dependent than Chex Mix (such as Chewbacca instead of Chirrut or Aurra Sing led BH)

If you find making 4% using Chex Mix frustrating use another team and score less %

• Hmmmm, hard to say, decently difficult.
    Him in the guild of death star crossing guard right now with 33 mil.
    Seems like the same to me,
    A little easier.
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I must say, I really enjoy the RNG of P3 with my chex mix squad. Spending 2 hrs with plenty of restarts, just to get a single good run to contribute my 4% for the guild is awesome! The isolates or daze on HS or the lack of counters which just does minimal dmg when everything looks like its going to work and I might get there. It's really just bliss!

Chex Mix is not CG approved team strategy. It was a team made by the players to score at least 4%. CG is not at fault for us coming up with a RNG heavy strategy.

There are other teams that are more reliable and less RNG dependent than Chex Mix (such as Chewbacca instead of Chirrut or Aurra Sing led BH)

If you find making 4% using Chex Mix frustrating use another team and score less %

Out of curiosity what is CG's approved P3 strategy? And don't say Sing and Chewie considering they were released after the raid.

How did CG envision people beating p3?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Out of curiosity what is CG's approved P3 strategy? And don't say Sing and Chewie considering they were released after the raid.

How did CG envision people beating p3?
    idk CG never told us how to beat P3 until they dropped Aurra Sing

Other than Jedi Training Rey for P1, they never gave or approved a lineup for a certain phase until Aurra came out

I'm guessing they expected us to use two squads doing 1% each or something or some lineup that can push to 2% per guild member

IIRC, when Sith Raid came out, JTR could P3 but they patched it overnight to prevent it but that was a viable strat but they never said use chex mix which is RNG for P3.

You are only frustrating yourself by going for the 4% instead of 2% or something less. Nightsisters can do insane damage using Deathstorm strat (over 8 mil), I haven't tried it so I'm not sure how RNG heavy that is but the 4% (~1.5 Mil IIRC) target should be very easy to achieve and shouldn't take you as long
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Lol...I was crushing P3 with chewy and Aurra for months on the HSTR before chex mix was even concieved...

Oh wait.....my bad...HSTR was concieved months before Aurra and chewy were released my bad...

What was I thinking

• It's funny that the majority of their silence since inception of HSTR was actually extremely successful. They quietly jumped in from time to time for nerfs to teams they did not like. The quietly jumped in (well one post) and fixed NihIlus when they thought people had reached the limit of their rage.

And in 3 months when 60mGP guilds are crushing HSTR with the chewys and Aurra's, JTR"s and NS's they will have managed to

1) Destroy a lot of guilds
    2) Create a massive gap in the have and have nots gear and G12+
    3) create a good 6 month run of meta in arena (traya) (which might get extended) for high end whale guilds
    4) at what some would say the height of peoples outrage at this raid dropped a nerf on the most annoying character.
    5) Used power creep and some good marquee placement and a legendary drop and a heros journey to quickly drop the HSTR requirements from 100-120MGP to 60-100 MGP (2-3 months from now) thereby quelling a lot of the discontent some people have about this raid.

They did all this with like 3 posts and 3 announcements and almost 0 general chatting since the raid was released.

In 2-3 months people won't even be posting about this raid anymore and they did it on almost complete silence...

From probably a business standpoint running on silent was a pretty good success. Maybe not a PR standpoint but...

I would hope in the future this is not the case and they chat it up with us more but as a test case for silence this raid pretty much proved they can go from a release stage to a legacy content stage on silent.

Again raid not there yet but in 2-3 months it will be like rancor no one will even be posting about it anymore except for new strategies with new toons.

• Dk_rek wrote: »
    It's funny that the majority of their silence since inception of HSTR was actually extremely successful. They quietly jumped in from time to time for nerfs to teams they did not like. The quietly jumped in (well one post) and fixed NihIlus when they thought people had reached the limit of their rage.

And in 3 months when 60mGP guilds are crushing HSTR with the chewys and Aurra's, JTR"s and NS's they will have managed to

3) create a good 6 month run of meta in arena (traya) (which might get extended) for high end whale guilds
    4) at what some would say the height of peoples outrage at this raid dropped a nerf on the most annoying character.
    5) Used power creep and some good marquee placement and a legendary drop and a heros journey to quickly drop the HSTR requirements from 100-120MGP to 60-100 MGP (2-3 months from now) thereby quelling a lot of the discontent some people have about this raid.

They did all this with like 3 posts and 3 announcements and almost 0 general chatting since the raid was released.

In 2-3 months people won't even be posting about this raid anymore and they did it on almost complete silence...

From probably a business standpoint running on silent was a pretty good success. Maybe not a PR standpoint but...

I would hope in the future this is not the case and they chat it up with us more but as a test case for silence this raid pretty much proved they can go from a release stage to a legacy content stage on silent.

Again raid not there yet but in 2-3 months it will be like rancor no one will even be posting about it anymore except for new strategies with new toons.

It falls into the “ignorance is bliss” category
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    It's funny that the majority of their silence since inception of HSTR was actually extremely successful. They quietly jumped in from time to time for nerfs to teams they did not like. The quietly jumped in (well one post) and fixed NihIlus when they thought people had reached the limit of their rage.

Ppl will always be posting about the reward inequality until that is fixed
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Ppl will always be posting about the reward inequality until that is fixed

oh absolutely I tried to make the post less about the positive and negative that has been done since raid released...and more about the success of their silence....they took raid from launch to haat tier guilds beating the raid (2-3 months) with just a few posts and a few changes but no real communication from anyone

Does not bode well for us in the future about communication or even just the chance to talk to crumb or anyone about anything. I think the road ahead thing won't happen again I think there were some bumps and they are back on track....but things like place of power and them refusing to tell us if it was killed or why it was delayed...but it all ties back to this raid 100% back to this raid....they took it from start to finish without really talking to us so the standard is set that they do not have to talk to us about anything to accomplish their goals..

I do think that from their point of view, what they wanted to accomplish with this raid was a complete success with a couple of minor bumps.

I really think we need a Q@A. But as far as this raid goes...I think it's done all the changes are done, all the pieces are in place, and it's just going to get easier and easier with power creep (like everything) so there really is no more reason for them to talk or get involved with us on it.

Except the rewards I guess
  • Agreed I can't see any changes coming. It's still a very poorly designed and thought out raid IMO, but it's gone under all the renovations it's going to.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    Agreed I can't see any changes coming. It's still a very poorly designed and thought out raid IMO, but it's gone under all the renovations it's going to.

Yeah. Sad thing they were so focused on making it future proof they forgot to make the raid fun. It could've been fun but we all know how that went.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    What GP is your Guild? 81,569,610

What tiers did your Guild try? T6

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? T5 one day and T6 four days.

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid?
    Not really, looks like the equipments you really need never drops on it. Also, the time the raid is opened and the time it takes to beat doesn't worth for example 1225 guild coins in 4 days (280 per day). I would like to see some Traya shards in the rewards, if the mininum reward is 5 on HEROIC, why cannot give some Traya's shard in the T6? Like 1º(4), 2º(3), 3º(2), 4+(1)? At least you can keep the people motivated farming the teams to aim heroic and expedite the farm.

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    I don't think so, the curve from T5 to T6 is HUGE and probably from T6 to heroic will be bigger. Will take a long time to the people build enough teams to beat this one.

Which change did you like the most?
    The nerfs were good, but we did T6 before nerf and T6 still, because we don't have teams enough the beat the heroic, so nothing really changed.

Which change did you like the least?
    Nothing changed in terms of viability to Heroic. The T1-T6 were nerfed but it didn't changed anything on Heroic the huge gap between T6 and Heroic still.

How has your overall experience changed since the update?
    Didn't change too much, or you have a team to cause an AWESOME damage on the Phases or you DON'T do anything. I would like to see more viability for different teams across all the raids.
    Post edited by Chima on

• What GP is your Guild? 96 Million

What tiers did your Guild try? T5-T6

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)? T5 4-6 hours, T6 we're down to 3 days per.

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? I feel it's more miss than hit. Regularly place in top 3 for rewards. Rarely do I get any useful gear, at least with Guild Event currency and mid gears it doesn't feel like a complete waste.

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future? Possibly. Not sure what kind of nightmare Heroic will be.

Which change did you like the most? Cutting Health of T5 and T6 significantly. T5 used to take a week when we were around 80 million. Once the update came, we instantly swapped to t6 as it took exactly as long as 5 had.

Which change did you like the least? NERFING ST HAN. I mean, he has literally zero usage outside of TW and that's barely even helpful. Could've allowed his ability to last in Sith Raid rather than make him even more useless.

How has your overall experience changed since the update? Sith Raid goes faster, but still feels like the rewards need some work. I've probably only gotten useful gear from the Raid once in my last 10 runs. No exaggeration there. It was a full biotech implant. Other than that, 2 or 3 pieces of g12 stuff don't add up quickly.
  • •What GP is your Guild?
    Pushing 150m

•What tiers did your Guild try?
    Did our first successful Heroic 3 raids ago (#3 happening right now)

•How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
    Took us about 36 hrs last time, going down as we get our rhythm going

•Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    Rewards for T7 and T6 are apples and oranges. Of course they're better now.

•Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    N/A

•Which change did you like the most?
    Being able to finally beat this turkey

•Which change did you like the least?
    No changes we can see as compared with when we could NOT beat T7

•How has your overall experience changed since the update?
    Surprisingly little, aside from the flush of victory. With other raids, once we were able to do it, it was just a matter of getting faster and competing for higher ranks. This one is another matter--to reliably get it done, a bunch of us are STILL restarting over and over for RNG. Especially in Phase 3. For something we finally surmounted, it remains surprisingly not-fun.
  • What GP is your Guild?
    85M

What tiers did your Guild try?
    T5, T6, Heroic

How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?
    T5: 1 day; T6: 4-5 days; Heroic: did not complete

Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)
    Slightly, but still don't feel it's worth the effort or frustration

Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?
    We're certainly growing rapidly, but still have a LOT of players lacking the very specific toons required to post necessary damage limits in Heroic. Honestly it's so far off for us to consider beating it that the raid is irrelevant at this point. Facing Traya in arena is like a slap to my face, because I have similar GP as many of those players, but am in a smaller guild. This raid seems like another cater to the uber elite of the game...smh

Which change did you like the most?
    Removal of the RNG identity crisis on Nil. He's much more predictable and P1 is no longer unworthy of attack.

Which change did you like the least?
    Heroic is still out of bounds for lower-level guilds

How has your overall experience changed since the update?
    Only slightly better. Still loads of improvement needed IMO.
  • it feels like the rewards are getting worse lately. There were no full pieces for the top3 ranks in the last 4 HSTR we did. Anybody experiencing the same?
  • OldBen wrote: »
    it feels like the rewards are getting worse lately. There were no full pieces for the top3 ranks in the last 4 HSTR we did. Anybody experiencing the same?

They're already bad, probably just bad RNG to boot. Honestly, I don't think anyone cares anymore. We're all just going through the motions in this raid at this point. Those that can do HSTR are doing that, the rest of us are stuck doing lower tiers for terrible returns. I'm guessing auto gets used a lot in either case at this point because it's just a grind to get guild currency at this point, anything useful on top of that is a bonus.
  • JDIII wrote: »
    There’s still big issues with Nihilus (phase1) killing our characters with one shot (not anihilate, just his basic). It don’t happen to everyone, just some players. It don’t matter if they are gear 11 or 12, he still will one shot at random. PLEASE FIX THIS, Thank you!

Can somebody capture that on video? No one in my guild has ever experienced this.
  • [*] What GP is your Guild?

110mio

[*] What tiers did your Guild try?

Currently on VI

[*] How long to complete those Tiers (1,2,3... or Heroic)?

Tier VI takes 3 days. Only five or six major contributors in the guild.

[*] Did you feel like you received better rewards for completing the Raid? (Not factoring in the shorter time to complete)

I don't perceive it is significantly different. Haven't really tracked it though.

[*] Do you feel your Guild is able to grow to be able to beat the next tier in the future?

HSTR is daunting. Many of our guild don't have JTR. We will not be ready for some time.

[*] Which change did you like the most?

I appreciate the improved predictably of Nihilus phase 1.

[*] Which change did you like the least?

N/A

[*] How has your overall experience changed since the update?

Not noticeably different. Seems like a raid intended best for very mature guilds.
  • I must mention, Traya in P4 is still cheap. It feels excessively unfair the closer you get to finishing the Raid. The added foresight stun, turn meter removal on isolation, the added damage every single attack, the numerous attacks where she starts doing 5 to every 1 you get.

I have squads that do 3-4 million every other phase that barely get over 500k.

Doing T6.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    jkray622 wrote: »
    JDIII wrote: »
    There’s still big issues with Nihilus (phase1) killing our characters with one shot (not anihilate, just his basic). It don’t happen to everyone, just some players. It don’t matter if they are gear 11 or 12, he still will one shot at random. PLEASE FIX THIS, Thank you!

Can somebody capture that on video? No one in my guild has ever experienced this.

I think its happened to me before to on g12 char the one shots... i always assumed it was my lower health g12 char when nihlus had offense up now im wondering lol