Old Daka & Cantina Shipments

Currently my Daka is 4* and half way to 5*. I use her a lot in GW and she's saved a few units from death, mainly Maul and she also is in my main arean team. Should I focus on her to 7*? Or is 5* enough for awhile and no rush to max her?

Reason why is, I'd like to get First Order officer since once Lumi is 7* I'll be working on Phasma, so wanting to experiment with a first order team and also have extra characters on standby for GW.

Replies

• Depends on how badly you want to compete in arena. If you want to compete in arena, you have to get your main team to 7*. If you stop at all to farm other characters, you're going to get passed up.
  • Well, Dooku and Maul are in my arena team too and need replacing at some point for characters I can 7* at a reasonable rate to keep up, currently around the 80 mark in the arena. I could push further, I just choose not to currently since those two hold me back , and more than happy being in the top 200, let alone top 100.
  • I personally don't think it's a good idea to stop. Daka will help for GW and your dark side progression.
  • Max her out, it'll be worth it esp in the long run. 7☆ Daka is wretched ;)
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Yeah there is no chance ill stop on my old daka. She needs the stars to keep her health up. The 2 best abilities in this game might be res and stun, and she has em both. Twice. Plus her speed is quite nice, with ventriss as leader daka sometimes goes before dooku which has it's uses.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I'm still torn on Daka. I've got Fett at 5* now and nothing about him screams "frontliner" at me. Fives has impressed me as an opponent with bonus and counter-attacks.. free attacks are like outnumbering your opponent. Daka has stuns but her heal is weak and the res is largely overrated as it requires synergy for it to matter. And yet I know a lot of people swear by her.
    She does seem very difficult to deal with when she is high-starred with a lot of health. But when her stuns don't land she does little damage. And the res doesn't matter if you kill her first.
    I'm starting to accumulate Cantina credits as I am not sure where to go next. As others have said a couple of 7* is better than a bunch of 5*. But I am not sure it makes sense to keep pumping resources into Fett. There are a number of good options in Cantina.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Time
    293 posts Member
    Well you should be forcing opponents to decide who to take out first. Not taking daka out first is a gamble, but then so is not taking out sidious. There are a few other chars like maul id prioritize first. I'd say old daka relies more on rng then any char not names Dooku. When their abilities proc frequently they seem op, when they don't they are nearly useless.
  • Loce
    194 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    I am working on her too. The way I see it is there isn't another dark side healer out there like her so to continue in the dark side battles and GW I'm going to need her (sorry, I don't have any opinions on arena, haven't used her there get). On top of all that I have been whooped by higher star daka teams. She seems good to go to me.
  • If you use evasion and healing a lot, Talia can lead and add 15 evasion. Sid would have 50 evasion vs Jedi's. A lot of misses. High stars would help. I found her ressurection useless so far. Maybe once every 30 fights she ressurrects. Maybe I don't die as often but when I do, she usually isn't one if the last to go. And when tou team is going out, in Arena or GW, you know you lost. I have been thinking that having a *7 Ewok Elder and Daka 7* may be different. Ewok dispells everything and can resurrect passive, and active, with 40%. I am trying to beat 6-B in Dark Side (level 66 Ewok tribe) and just him resurrects The entire team if you aren't careful.

Combine Daka, Elder, Talia, Luminara (or JC), plus Sid and/or Vader, and you can die and die and die and always win.
  • Time wrote: »
    Well you should be forcing opponents to decide who to take out first. Not taking daka out first is a gamble, but then so is not taking out sidious. There are a few other chars like maul id prioritize first. I'd say old daka relies more on rng then any char not names Dooku. When their abilities proc frequently they seem op, when they don't they are nearly useless.

^ This.

Well said.

• I just promoted her after waiting on midnight refill cost resets. Totally worth it. Pushed my total arena team power over 15,000. Now I just have to hope they attack someone else instead of me so they don't realize I field Daka instead of Luminara. ;)
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Well, ANY good team is going to force opponents to prioritize. The question is whether Daka should be one of them or not. It's all opportunity cost, I can only field 5, whom would she replace? Certainly not Luminara or Sidious. Then I still have Boba, and Dooku (who is very useful despite people telling me since level 40 that I'd stop using him by now) and I am working to unlock Kylo who is very strong. I also have Asajj and she also has a stun along with other goodies.
    So it's a tough call. I don't want to spend two weeks' worth of Cantina energy and then regret it, as I sort of do with Boba (he's been useful in some regards but he's not likely to make my top 5).
    Getting her just for a handful of remaining dark side battles seems a waste. Though I guess there will be more in the future.
    There's also Poe. He's a bit of a wildcard, some like him, some hate him.
  • Thanks for the advice guys :). You're right, forcing people to decide who to attack is the key to defense, I use both Daka, Maul and Sideous in defence, all off which would be a primary target alone. I know from experience that Daka stuns alone can be incredibly annoying and dangerous, and I've had her resurrect revive my entire team in GW followed by Lumi healing.

Guess I'll pour soke crystals into the cantina and finish her sooner :)
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Hmm. Everyone likes Old Daka. I guess she'd be good for GW if nothing else. So many choices for Cantina. :)
  • I'm torn between Daka and Boba. I've been focusing on Boba (gotta love his aoe ability block), but the dark side missions are getting rough (jawas suck), and the heals would come in handy.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Hmm. Everyone likes Old Daka. I guess she'd be good for GW if nothing else. So many choices for Cantina. :)

I find her invaluable in GW :) can't go wrong with extra sustainability for your main guys in an event of endurance.
    Airiak wrote: »
    I'm torn between Daka and Boba. I've been focusing on Boba (gotta love his aoe ability block), but the dark side missions are getting rough (jawas suck), and the heals would come in handy.

I got completely stuck on those Jawa missions, then I got Daka and I've 3* all of them with ease xD
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Alright, Daka it is I guess. Again I was more impressed with Boba before I unlocked him (though I've poured a lot of resources into him :( ) and more healers is always good in GW. Mind you, I never have a problem finishing GW now.
  • Healers are never enough. A team of 5 healers is a strategy. Luminara, Old Daka, Talia, Ewok Elder and sid can makes sure they get all specials against them, and after that it means trouble. AoE Ability Blocks don't work if one healer is able to heal, right? A team with teo resucitators may be able to time out nicely. I have nit had time to work on Ewok, but it will do it some day just to see how often things revive. With a healers team, it's a time out bomb for arena maybe. The problem with PvP is that it's PvsDumbAI :-(
  • Time wrote: »

I wish I had screenshotted it, but the other day I had 4/5 of my guys stunned on round 1 between dooku and daka getting a lucky proc. I know it's rng since I've fought that same guy before and easily beat him when his stuns didn't land, but it's still one of the most rage inducing things that can happen to you in the game.