The Road Ahead: 11/09/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Gorem wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Kokie wrote: »
    What's wrong with the daily challenges?

You must be under a mil GP. The challenges are 95% worthless for anyone whose played for a long time. Only thing good in them is the carbs. We desperately need another tier with decent gear.

Even low GP Mace Windu's face in the challenge area means 2 days of getting nothing, at least the AGI challenge gives hypo's which you do need a bunch of while gaining GP. Mace is such a joke in this game, hah, terrible character, terrible ship due to 2.0 and terrible daily challenge drops. Another tier would be so nice for the others, but they really need to update Mace's challenge.

Where in the world did you get that Mace's capital is terrible? Have you actually used it? It's phenomenal. Try a different lineup if you can't win with it.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »

You must be under a mil GP. The challenges are 95% worthless for anyone whose played for a long time. Only thing good in them is the carbs. We desperately need another tier with decent gear.

Even low GP Mace Windu's face in the challenge area means 2 days of getting nothing, at least the AGI challenge gives hypo's which you do need a bunch of while gaining GP. Mace is such a joke in this game, hah, terrible character, terrible ship due to 2.0 and terrible daily challenge drops. Another tier would be so nice for the others, but they really need to update Mace's challenge.

Where in the world did you get that Mace's capital is terrible? Have you actually used it? It's phenomenal. Try a different lineup if you can't win with it.

I wouldn't say phenomenal. If it was more people would use. It's a good ship that needs a small upgrade in my opinion or better galactic republic allies. As for the daily challenges and Mace as a player, i would agree with the other guy. Mace needs a lot of work and the boost he got for TW was fun, but just one battle is lame. You get to try him out only once per TW and that's not even enough to get to see how he works.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »

I wouldn't say phenomenal. If it was more people would use. It's a good ship that needs a small upgrade in my opinion or better galactic republic allies. As for the daily challenges and Mace as a player, i would agree with the other guy. Mace needs a lot of work and the boost he got for TW was fun, but just one battle is lame. You get to try him out only once per TW and that's not even enough to get to see how he works.

I wouldn't judge a character or ship's potential off of the number of people that use them. There are a large group of players in this game that will only follow what the perceived meta is or what the Game Changers would say the meta was. Right now in terms of both offense and defense there is no better overall team than Mace with Galactic Republic or Mace with Bounty Hunters in my opinion. Unless a new capital ship is released soon (considering how long the wait has been, I wouldn't hold my breath), you will see several people starting to make that switch. This will be accelerated by the fact that many people are now gearing Mace for Territory Wars purposes.
  • I don't only judge by that, but also by personal experience. I had Mace gear 11 and his ship at 7*, but as soon as i jumped to AA ship even at 6* i jumped at least 10-20 slots in the fleet arena. That was before anakin's ship. if a few more ships are out then you might be right!
  • Obitoo_johnobi11
    122 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @CG_Carrie
    @CG_SBCrumb
    @CG_CapGaSP

3 hours in the Megathread and that’s it? No replies to anybody since and no Q&A. Doesn't seem like you really care!

These are all quotes from you guys......

"You’ve been asking “Where is the Road Ahead?” and here it is! We are very excited to share the roadmap for the next couple of months. So, without further ado…"
    Still waiting on this!

"We have some gifts and events planned for everyone to celebrate with us. We will share more details closer to the start of the event."
    What are you actually waiting for???? The 4th Year anniversary?

"The Road Ahead is timed around EA’s quarters so no, it won’t get pushed back permanently. This one was late for a few reasons, one was the timing of Revan, we wanted the focus to be on him"
    But instead you through your resources to create some cute clone helmets…… Give us the clone rework all together not just the helmets, then you might get your timing right.

"An earlier version of the Road Ahead covered the Anakin fighter, Clone helmets, and Clone TW events."
    Other than Anakin's ship LAME, LAME, LAAAAAME. Clone TW IS THE LAMEST. At least include territory battles to all this. How can you enjoy a characters "TW rework" with just one battle??? Or or wait and get the Galactic republic rework out all together. Without getting anyones hopes up.

"Would love to do it. It’s all just a function of time, and some strategizing. But we can’t announce future content so all I can say is that sounds like a great idea."
    "Often when a faction you want to see get reworked (Galactic Jedi, Separatists, etc) haven’t gotten a rework, it’s a function of available time."
    If you liked this idea so much, then why don't you implement it and stop complaining about how you manage your resources and time??? Hire another manager or more resources if you are struggling to get through your due dates.

But more importantly, please know that the things you all do with the game continue to not impress me.

Aggressive, but have been disappointed lately from the decision making in this game.

Please make SWGOH great again!

I appreciate your time!

Edited for swearing. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • I am not impressed.
    Changing time zones is not the same as changing payout-times. This is cool if you move across time zones or spend a month in australia, but otherwise useless if your bonus energy then refreshes at crazy times. The real problem is the missing flexibility across the day, and the design of the arena.
    The game forces you to log in at certain times, often with ridiculous cooldowns that drag the gaming experience into a grind. The longer I play this game the more I feel annoyed by the fact that I have to structure my personal time around the game, not the other way around. Sometimes I log in and there is nothing I can do inside the game, and at other times there is so much to do but I can't log in (work and family, happens to a lot of people).

Please get rid of fixed login timers and useless cooldowns. Reduce the amount of grinding and management in favor of real action. Redesign the arena to get rid of the shard mafia. I will log in often enough if you can provide a fun, thrilling experience. Don't force that stuff on me.
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • MJS wrote: »
    I gotta tell you, the whole grand arena idea is actually really cool, however there's one thing I must say that it concerns me.

I am not gonna lie, I have big ambitions and I know I'm not the best in the world but who wouldn't want to be competitive? Currently arena is all about your mods and clearly mods are a combination of lucky pulls and money spent on farming mods. The more mods you farm by spending real money, the higher the chances of getting a mod with higher speed. Most of us don't even have a dozen mods with over 20 secondaries, some don't even have a single one and that's after years of playing. But those who pay for additional refreshes will have an edge.

I've played games like Counter strike before and those games are all about skill. Money will buy you some nice skins in counter strike but there's no competitive advantage. You can spend thousands in skins and never make it out of gold Nova(an average rank). In Galaxy of heroes however it's impossible to claim that you are better than someone else because you got luckier with pulling the better mods.

I want us to be a little more careful with the statements and giving away titles to people for being "the best in the world", when all they ever had to do was pull out the credit card and buy a ton of crystals. The only possible way that you could make a claim of such proportions would be if you actually had a way to give people units of identical power and allow them to choose between custom 'sliders' for modifying stats. For example choose to put emphasis on potency at the expense of damage, or survivability over damage. As long as mods are a factor you simply cannot claim to be the best. There's also alot of RNG built in within the battles and the character kits which would greatly impact the outcome of a battle.

Anyways, I'm it trying to be a downer, I'm hyped for this new mode, I just really hope that it won't turn into a show of comparing our mods with each other and basically making F2P unable to compete, making this a mode for whales only.

I used to wonder about all the randomness built into this game. I have learned-I'm sure I'm way late to the party-more about the psychology of it. Here's an article for anyone interested: https://www.psychguides.com/interact/the-psychology-of-freemium/.
  • This sounds Great! Please please please can we have some rebel A-wings and Y-wings ???
  • I think people who move should be able to change their time zones. That is a no brainer.

Allowing anyone to change their time zone just to get a different payout time? This is supposed to be a quality of life enhancement? There is a better fix! Just grant rewards for the highest rank reached during the day. I shouldn't have to try to be at that high rank at a specific time. Especially because my schedule is really variable. Sometimes I can only play in the morning, some days I can play in the afternoon, and some days I can only play late at night. I want the flexibility to play whenever my schedule allows without having to worry about a payout time. Let me climb as high as I can and get rewarded for that climb no matter when my payout is. I shouldn't have to coordinate my schedule with the game, or coordinate the game with my schedule.

Why is my idea better than just letting people set their time zone to whatever they want? Because for people like me with variable schedules, there is no ideal time zone. Additionally, changing time zones will also change energy drop times, which could make them overnight depending on the time zone a person chooses. Does my system potentially mean more people may get higher payouts? Yes. Is that necessarily a bad thing? No. This system would also reduce the collusion that happens at the top ends of the arena shards.
  • when is this region change coming, I am struggling to play now with work, even though i moved 8 time zones they wouldn't move it before (even though I fell within all the listed criteria)?
  • Mrboma wrote: »
    I think people who move should be able to change their time zones. That is a no brainer.

Allowing anyone to change their time zone just to get a different payout time? This is supposed to be a quality of life enhancement? There is a better fix! Just grant rewards for the highest rank reached during the day. I shouldn't have to try to be at that high rank at a specific time. Especially because my schedule is really variable. Sometimes I can only play in the morning, some days I can play in the afternoon, and some days I can only play late at night. I want the flexibility to play whenever my schedule allows without having to worry about a payout time. Let me climb as high as I can and get rewarded for that climb no matter when my payout is. I shouldn't have to coordinate my schedule with the game, or coordinate the game with my schedule.

Why is my idea better than just letting people set their time zone to whatever they want? Because for people like me with variable schedules, there is no ideal time zone. Additionally, changing time zones will also change energy drop times, which could make them overnight depending on the time zone a person chooses. Does my system potentially mean more people may get higher payouts? Yes. Is that necessarily a bad thing? No. This system would also reduce the collusion that happens at the top ends of the arena shards.

Yes I agree. But EA will not do this. It took them 3 years to figure this out. Perhaps another 3?
  • Merklynn wrote: »
    when is this region change coming, I am struggling to play now with work, even though i moved 8 time zones they wouldn't move it before (even though I fell within all the listed criteria)?

Yes, when is this update rolling out?
  • Not the greatest player, the richest player. Youre welcome

I think richest and dumbest are synonymous in this situation, don't you agree? Buy a car or pixels on my cellphone. Feed my family or pixels on a game. Decisions decisions
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    To help with this, we have introduced the ability to change payouts up to two times a year.

I almost missed this. As a night owl with a flexible work schedule, this is great news! I'll finally get eight hours of uninterrupted sleep again :)
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    ThisYeezy wrote: »

Yeah I am sure no Mace being in my top 200 totally shows his viability :3 So many people are using his Phenomenal ship amiright, lol.

Whose going to focus on Mace over Tarkin or AA or Thrawns capital? That's a lot of prestige invested into a ship that was nerfed with 3v3, a ship that was still terrible with 5v5. Maybe once all capitals in my shard is maxed I'll see some, maybe I won't.

My shards nearly a year old, and no one uses his ship.
  • For QOL improvement, would love the option to be able to skip cut-scenes for raids. I mean who else isn't tired of seeing the same **** cut-scene for each phase of each of the three raids?
  • @CG_Crumb @CG_Carrie

I have contacted EA Support to change my timezone and they are still insisting that I move to the new timezone before they will make the change. Can you please contact EA Support and notify them of the change in policy?
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Rimbol wrote: »
    @CG_Crumb @CG_Carrie

I have contacted EA Support to change my timezone and they are still insisting that I move to the new timezone before they will make the change. Can you please contact EA Support and notify them of the change in policy?

Dont think the new policy lined out in the road ahead is active yet as we are still waiting on details on how this will work.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

I wouldn't judge a character or ship's potential off of the number of people that use them. There are a large group of players in this game that will only follow what the perceived meta is or what the Game Changers would say the meta was. Right now in terms of both offense and defense there is no better overall team than Mace with Galactic Republic or Mace with Bounty Hunters in my opinion. Unless a new capital ship is released soon (considering how long the wait has been, I wouldn't hold my breath), you will see several people starting to make that switch. This will be accelerated by the fact that many people are now gearing Mace for Territory Wars purposes.

None of that is the point.. when mace lost his invulnerability special and not having a doomsday special like ackbar, tarkin, and thrawn....any battle where mace is your commander MUST be finished before the specials go off....ESPECIALLY thrawn....Maces defense bonuses with republic ships can probably withstand a battering from Tarkin but I have no idea what condition the ships would be in.....

the trick is I don't think he is an offensive based commander but to be viable he needs to win the fight FAST..kind of a catch 22

Sure he is viable ( I still say against anyone but thrawn) anyone is viable with right setup...just not optimal
  • Rimbol wrote: »
    @CG_Crumb @CG_Carrie

Let us know if you get anywhere with EA support.... In reality, there is like 10,000 players strongly considering changing there timezone. Even if its only 1k, that likely is allot for EAhelp to handle one at time.
  • What arena needs is a new ranking system. It's not logic to exchange the position of the 2 opponents, and it generates the frustration of losing 100 places in one night.

A more fair system would be : opponent A ranking 55, beats opponent B ranking 48. A takes the place 48, B 49, and every player between 49 and 55 loses 1 place.
    The biggest issue of this system is the management of simultaneous fight, but there are solutions
  • Mawat wrote: »
    What arena needs is a new ranking system. It's not logic to exchange the position of the 2 opponents, and it generates the frustration of losing 100 places in one night.

A more fair system would be : opponent A ranking 55, beats opponent B ranking 48. A takes the place 48, B 49, and every player between 49 and 55 loses 1 place.
    The biggest issue of this system is the management of simultaneous fight, but there are solutions

If 55 drops to 56 what happens to 56 and below?
  • @CG_Carrie can you please do something about ship platoons? Limit marquee ships to only 2 of the 6 available platoons. We haven’t been able to even get 2/6 in phases 4 thru 6 of either TB for several months, and we’re a 182 mil GP guild.
  • @CG_Leviathan are you able to answer the question I asked @CG_Carrie ?
  • Gorem wrote: »

Yeah I am sure no Mace being in my top 200 totally shows his viability :3 So many people are using his Phenomenal ship amiright, lol.

Whose going to focus on Mace over Tarkin or AA or Thrawns capital? That's a lot of prestige invested into a ship that was nerfed with 3v3, a ship that was still terrible with 5v5. Maybe once all capitals in my shard is maxed I'll see some, maybe I won't.

My shards nearly a year old, and no one uses his ship.

Maces capital isnt even 4th in a 4 man race. Thrawn>Tarkin=Ackbar>The Blown Up Deathstar>747>Pigeons>Paper planes> Mace

Im currently 25th-ish in my fleet shard, there may have been 2 Mace ships in the t500. Definitely isnt viable and only serves the purpose of gp inflation.
  • I'm curious about how they will manage to implement an icon character as Luke Skywalker (which has the absolute must to be ridiculously op) with a Jedi tag in these times in which the Jedi are the meta. Will he be mostly another op Jedi leader to avoid deadly couples?

Also, gimme dat 3po. I need him, I can't look at r2d2 without his nagging girlfriend.
  • More and more mace in our top20 ship shard.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    vdub1705 wrote: »
    @CG_Leviathan are you able to answer the question I asked @CG_Carrie ?

I guarantee the answer, if you get it (which you won't), is "no."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH