HAAT P1 solo, no escapes & no ABC use??

Prev1
Hey, I'm looking for a squad I can use in HAAT Phase-1 that does NOT require multiple escapes and runs (i.e. not Kylo) one which can either solo or do a large % of P1 in 1-run BUT also does not use characters from my ABC squad (currently I use ABC+RaidHan+Thrawn)

Basically I'm not ready to do a HAAT Solo and I want to keep my ABC squad for soloing P3 & P4 but I'd also like a 2nd separate squad I can use for big P1 damage
Here's my inventory if you want to check my chars: https://swgoh.gg/p/762722773/
Suggestions??

Replies

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Lately it seems like GG throws way more debuffs, and resists tm reduction more, UNLESS you use CLS/Han Solo only, which negates ABC. (CLS part anyway I use zVentress instead of Han). There seems to be a push at CG to make as many players in a guild participates as possible. We finish HAAT in about 2 hours (I think we could do it in an hour if all were there at one time lol). I have solo'd starting with 10% left in P2, through P4. But the same team is almost useless in P1 because GG strays from his script a lot and does whatever the …. he wants.. lol So uncivilized.
  • If it helps, there are a few alternatives to using raid han and thrawn with ABC. For instance I auto with both yodas. Have done it with visas also. If you're able to sub those, you can free up han and thrawn. Maybe use vader wampa thrawn or something in p1.
  • You need consistent TM reduction. Maybe Zeta Vader's leadership and see how that works out for you?
  • Lately it seems like GG throws way more debuffs, and resists tm reduction more, UNLESS you use CLS/Han Solo only, which negates ABC. (CLS part anyway I use zVentress instead of Han). There seems to be a push at CG to make as many players in a guild participates as possible. We finish HAAT in about 2 hours (I think we could do it in an hour if all were there at one time lol). I have solo'd starting with 10% left in P2, through P4. But the same team is almost useless in P1 because GG strays from his script a lot and does whatever the …. he wants.. lol So uncivilized.

Yeah outside wampanader, the only way I know to control gg is to use TMR that is applied AFTER damage is dealt, i.e. cls and han basic. Dathcha lead with cls and han are what I use, and even then can run in to trouble if han's basic has his tmr resisted on the 7th hit. I usually hit auto (basic only) and hope for the best.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    If it helps, there are a few alternatives to using raid han and thrawn with ABC. For instance I auto with both yodas. Have done it with visas also. If you're able to sub those, you can free up han and thrawn. Maybe use vader wampa thrawn or something in p1.

So AA CLS Broda Asajj?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    If it helps, there are a few alternatives to using raid han and thrawn with ABC. For instance I auto with both yodas. Have done it with visas also. If you're able to sub those, you can free up han and thrawn. Maybe use vader wampa thrawn or something in p1.

So AA CLS Broda Asajj?

AA bb8 cls hoda gmy is what I use lately. My AA is weak and I prefer him dead early... That's why I stopped using Visas. She kept rezzing him lol
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Hmmm I wonder if what I posted would work though. I'd love to use BB8 throughout P2 instead of needing to have him escape.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Sounds like it would be rough. He calls CLS a lot, on every basic. Plus he's the buffer on p4. Gmy may be enough for that tho... You'd need serious speed probably. Maybe assaj lead would be better?
  • Yeah I'm farming Hermit at the moment, 5* currently, and will likely eventually add him into my ABC instead of Raid Han so I can get more CLS assists. Not even started on Wampa though.
    Guess it's not really feasible by the sounds of it to do well in P1 without using CLS
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    No mention of Datcha in the thread? his lead effects everyone and allows everyone to reduce TM, makes even QGJ's TM removal reliable since he gets two checks from every single basic, and Datcha always calls assists, which if you have basic assists removing TM, always removes some TM. (Great when he calls Datcha to assist and you get a three hit swing)

Unfortunately GMY is stull bugged and only removes TM from his special before GG gains TM (I reported this, apparently only Jyn Erso does this as well, with GMY being the outlier to other TM removal characters) So what I do is on the last hit, I make GMY use his aoe, then use his tm reduction after.

There is toons that can do it without needing CLS/Han, thing is CLS/Han and Datcha allow you to auto it even easier.

CLS in general owns P1 (you need him for Buff immunity) Like you need buff immunity.
  • Mega_Man
    88 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I use GMYoda lead, GK, CLS, Han, and Traya to easily solo p1. I realize you need a 7* Traya, but wanted to pass along the info. Traya's isolate inflicts buff immunity on raid bosses so GG never gets his wonderful green triangle. I did use QGJ lead and had gmy in an ally slot before I got traya to 7*. It was a little more difficult, but still doable.
    Then I use Vader, Wampa, Hermit, BB8, and Thrawn to finish the remaining 3 phases.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    No mention of Datcha in the thread? his lead effects everyone and allows everyone to reduce TM, makes even QGJ's TM removal reliable since he gets two checks from every single basic, and Datcha always calls assists, which if you have basic assists removing TM, always removes some TM. (Great when he calls Datcha to assist and you get a three hit swing)

Unfortunately GMY is stull bugged and only removes TM from his special before GG gains TM (I reported this, apparently only Jyn Erso does this as well, with GMY being the outlier to other TM removal characters) So what I do is on the last hit, I make GMY use his aoe, then use his tm reduction after.

There is toons that can do it without needing CLS/Han, thing is CLS/Han and Datcha allow you to auto it even easier.

CLS in general owns P1 (you need him for Buff immunity) Like you need buff immunity.

OP didn't want to use cls and han, so no dathcha
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »

Datcha may still work without CLS and Han. Datcha lead, one buff immunity applier (several to choose from) and 3 attackers that remove TM with their basic (only few to choose from) may work.

QGJ and Rex both have some utility that works well in this phase. Ewok scout or Chewie will do as well.
  • Waqui wrote: »

Datcha may still work without CLS and Han. Datcha lead, one buff immunity applier (several to choose from) and 3 attackers that remove TM with their basic (only few to choose from) may work.

QGJ and Rex both have some utility that works well in this phase. Ewok scout or Chewie will do as well.

Guess it depends what you mean by "work". I can think of no team that would solo under dathcha without using cls or han (but I'd love to hear of one!)
  • Yeah, if there is even a semi-decent squad under a Dathcha lead that does NOT use CLS and can do a decent amount of P1 I'd be interested in knowing and at least giving it a try.
    I just got Dathcha to 7* and am gearing, so not like I use him/it for anything else already - hit me with your best Non-CLS Dathcha led P1 squads, any that I can try out I'll report back on, if nothing else it'll be a bit of fun trying stuff out :)

No. Sorry. "May work" is because you didnt try. You are currently 'theorycrafting' but we already know theory and reality often different.
    Try it and let us know. It's much harder than you think it is, it's not reliable without Han and CLS paired with datcha.
    And yeah, I'm a former datcha, CLS Han user for P1, on auto, so I know that power of datcha. (And JE)
  • Rhunne wrote: »
    Simple. Cls lead (zeta on bind) and og raid han (zeta). With g12.5 I can solo it Every time. I only escape to save cls for later.

That's great. Now read what the thread is about.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Rhunne wrote: »
    Simple. Cls lead (zeta on bind) and og raid han (zeta). With g12.5 I can solo it Every time. I only escape to save cls for later.

That's great. Now read what the thread is about.

Should have r/wooshed him,

Also interesting Datcha theories, if I had the other toons required I totally would be doing some tests whenever we get a Haat raid going, I don't really care too much about soloing as others in the guild already can, so I just have fun with it :)

Maybe as new chars get released we also get more options, doesn't seem to have been a new char released in awhile that reduces enemy tm.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Waqui wrote: »

No. Sorry. "May work" is because you didnt try. You are currently 'theorycrafting' but we already know theory and reality often different.
    Try it and let us know. It's much harder than you think it is, it's not reliable without Han and CLS paired with datcha.
    And yeah, I'm a former datcha, CLS Han user for P1, on auto, so I know that power of datcha. (And JE)

1. I never claimed that I tried it. Key words: "may work". — and yes, it may work. There's all the needed mechanics available. Yes, I tried QGJ and Rex under Datcha lead and they are great.

2. Of course it would be more unreliable than using CLS. CLS is reliable. That's why people use him. However, OP is looking for a team without CLS and Han. That's his requirements — not mine. Datcha, CLS and Han works with mediocre mods. My suggested team will require high speed and some more luck with TM removal but again: Yes, it may work.

3. OP is not looking for a team to solo p1 on auto. He's looking for a team that does big damage in p1. Again: His requirement.

4. " .... and let us know." I don't care about letting you know. My comment was to OP. If I try the team I'll let him know of course.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Guess it depends what you mean by "work". I can think of no team that would solo under dathcha without using cls or han (but I'd love to hear of one!)

OP is not looking for a team to solo the whole phase. He's looking for a team that does 'big damage'. A team without CLS and Han. Not necessarily played on auto like the CLS + Han team.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Yeah, if there is even a semi-decent squad under a Dathcha lead that does NOT use CLS and can do a decent amount of P1 I'd be interested in knowing and at least giving it a try.
    I just got Dathcha to 7* and am gearing, so not like I use him/it for anything else already - hit me with your best Non-CLS Dathcha led P1 squads, any that I can try out I'll report back on, if nothing else it'll be a bit of fun trying stuff out :)

I would definately include QGJ and Rex as two of your 3 TM removers under Datcha lead. I've used them in p1 until my CLS + Han could manage on their own and they work really well. For the 3rd TM remover use the one that has the highest chance of removing TM with a basic attack. CWC only has 55% chance to remove TM, but on the 7th hit he can use a special instead to pass on the turn to the next toon. FOO doesn't remove TM on basic (risky when called to assist) but on 7th hit he can pass it on to Rex instead with his special (or remove TM himself with his own special).

For buff immunity JKA is reliable, since he inflicts it with his basic. Alternatively use Poe (4 turn CD), since if he is about to make the 7th hit, he can taunt instead and let a TM remover make that 7th hit instead.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Oh! And mod your TM removers with plenty speed. They will need it.

And mod your debuffer (JKA/Poe etc.) with plenty of potency for more reliable application of buff immunity. Also, don't mod him for too high speed, since they don't remove TM on their basic (apart from through Datcha's lead)
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Yeah, if there is even a semi-decent squad under a Dathcha lead that does NOT use CLS and can do a decent amount of P1 I'd be interested in knowing and at least giving it a try.

I would definately include QGJ and Rex as two of your 3 TM removers under Datcha lead. I've used them in p1 until my CLS + Han could manage on their own and they work really well. For the 3rd TM remover use the one that has the highest chance of removing TM with a basic attack. CWC only has 55% chance to remove TM, but on the 7th hit he can use a special instead to pass on the turn to the next toon. FOO doesn't remove TM on basic (risky when called to assist) but on 7th hit he can pass it on to Rex instead with his special (or remove TM himself with his own special).

For buff immunity JKA is reliable, since he inflicts it with his basic. Alternatively use Poe (4 turn CD), since if he is about to make the 7th hit, he can taunt instead and let a TM remover make that 7th hit instead.

What about Teebo? Would he work as well? Just keep him stealthed so his hits always remove TM? (Teebo has 100% chance while stealthed to remove 100% tm, which then also ticks with Datcha too.. not that it needs to) Can also be used as a quick dispel/tm removal as well. One issue I can see is he will have 2 turns every now and then not under his own stealth, so proper timing could be useful here.

Be cool if the buff immunity appliers could skip turns, cause essentially once its on it won't go off for a long time with as much tm removal you can get outside of CLS/Han, so def I'd say Poe would be best just because he has the option to not hit.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    Oh also, don't forget about GMY, he hits super hard, keeps everyone buffed and protected and then buffs their damage immensely, and also can remove TM, (Just need to time it as his tm removal has to happen on the turn after, so with QGJ/Anakin on the team, and its the seventh hit, aoe to take the next turn and then remove.)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @Gorem, Teebo would be great while stealthed. However, when he's not stealthed, Datcha will have 50% chance to call an assist with no TM removal on basic (JKA/Poe + Teebo) instead of only 25%. So, there are both pros and cons. Would be interesting to test it.

1. I never claimed that I tried it. Key words: "may work". — and yes, it may work. There's all the needed mechanics available. Yes, I tried QGJ and Rex under Datcha lead and they are great.

2. Of course it would be more unreliable than using CLS. CLS is reliable. That's why people use him. However, OP is looking for a team without CLS and Han. That's his requirements — not mine. Datcha, CLS and Han works with mediocre mods. My suggested team will require high speed and some more luck with TM removal but again: Yes, it may work.

3. OP is not looking for a team to solo p1 on auto. He's looking for a team that does big damage in p1. Again: His requirement.

4. " .... and let us know." I don't care about letting you know. My comment was to OP. If I try the team I'll let him know of course.

Big damage ? Kenobi sink will probably do better than this...
    to have success with Datcha, QGj, Rex team you'll need some really good modding and high gear for that. when i say they arent reliable as CLS, i mean they are NOWHERE NEAR reliable as CLS.
    again, you just *thinking* this team can work. it may work, but i really doubt this will work, especially for OP.
    you claim you wanna help him, but his QGJ and Rex arent even close to be ready for raids.
    you just wanna sound smart on forums while thinking about "theory craft" teams. thats all. you can go agressive, but you are wrong about that team and you cant excuse its "for OP" because its even more wrong for him.
    when i used Datcha CLS Han for p1, it was with the intention to retreat CLS eventually, and you can have 3 tries to retreat if you do it right. its much more effective than telling OP to farm QGJ and Rex for this raid now.

but keep claiming you are helping OP. please.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Big damage ? Kenobi sink will probably do better than this...

Using a 5* Kenobi? I believe OP is looking for teams with farmable characters.
    to have success with Datcha, QGj, Rex team you'll need some really good modding and high gear for that.

Yes? What's your point? Moving mods around is easy now with the loadouts. Using your best mods for a raid is easy now. I see no problem here.
    when i say they arent reliable as CLS, i mean they are NOWHERE NEAR reliable as CLS.
    again, you just *thinking* this team can work. it may work, but i really doubt this will work, especially for OP.

I have been using Datcha, QGJ and Rex together with CLS and Han for a long time. I find QGJ and Rex to be sufficiently reliable and to have great utility for the phase (buff removal, cleanse, tenacity up, TM gain for your team, assist calling, along with the TM removal on basic).
    you claim you wanna help him, but his QGJ and Rex arent even close to be ready for raids.

Yet they are more easily farmable than the GK you suggested. And judging by OP's response he found the idea of using Datcha interesting.
    you just wanna sound smart on forums while thinking about "theory craft" teams. thats all.

Lay off the personal attacks.
    when i used Datcha CLS Han for p1, it was with the intention to retreat CLS eventually, and you can have 3 tries to retreat if you do it right. its much more effective than telling OP to farm QGJ and Rex for this raid now.
    No retreats is another requirement from the OP. And no use of CLS and Han which he uses for his ABC team. How helpful do you think your repetitive mention of CLS is?
  • Datchca cls and han work best if it's just the 3.... I wouldn't use rex and qgj with them.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Datchca cls and han work best if it's just the 3.... I wouldn't use rex and qgj with them.

I would, when using low gear CLS / Han. They made the team far more likely to solo the whole phase back then.

However, that still doesn't help the OP, who requested suggestions for teams that don't use any of CLS, Han, BB8, Ackbar and Thrawn.