Places of power?

Prev1
Long time lurker but this has been bugging me for a while now and I can’t find it answered so I created a profile to ask...

Is this ever coming back? I saw someone ask ages ago because last we saw it was August (I think). I don’t need the shards or anything, just miss using my sith in an event.

Any feedback is appreciated and also apologies if this has been asked and answer and I just failed to notice it. Cheers all o/

Replies

• Also great for First Order too!
  • I’m wondering this too. I started a thread a few weeks ago since it’s weird to not see an Assault Battle for over 3 months.
  • I’m wondering this too. I started a thread a few weeks ago since it’s weird to not see an Assault Battle for over 3 months.

May have been yours I read. I hope they bring it back!

I enjoy the game and especially events that allow me to use teams I’ve worked on and this event was one of my favourite simply due to my enjoyment in playing “sith” events.

If it’s due to them working on it to bring a mythic or something, that’s grand! But I’d appreciate a heads up or something 😂
  • I want it back too, very strange not a single dev bothered to answer any of our questions regarding this...
  • The air quality index in Sacramemto is very very bad. All workers were encouraged to stay home today and schools are closed. This extends all the way from the fires in Butte County down to Menlo Park in San Mateo County and even further south. It’s real bad today.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    if this is the one that you can use NS or Phoenix, my guess is they are trying to retune the event for zombie changes.
    With zombie new kit would be really easy to make it thru the sid stage.
  • No that's Secrets and Shadows. Starts in a few days. Places of Power is Sith & FO vs Jedi.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    No that's Secrets and Shadows. Starts in a few days. Places of Power is Sith & FO vs Jedi.

Thanks. I get them all confused now
  • Fingers crossed that the long absence means they added Bastila and Jolee shards to the rewards.

Yeah, I know, probably not. Let a guy dream.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• 3 chewie shards more likely..
  • They still need to rework Places of Power, Secrets and Shadows, and Rebel round up to match the other ones. Like how hard is it to make mythic events.
  • Yup, I also miss these. Fun event, okayish rewards. Let us have it!
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Yup, I also miss these. Fun event, okayish rewards. Let us have it!

these assault battle are probably my favorite events in the game.
  • scuba wrote: »
    Yup, I also miss these. Fun event, okayish rewards. Let us have it!

these assault battle are probably my favorite events in the game.

Me too!
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Fingers crossed that the long absence means they added Bastila and Jolee shards to the rewards.

Yeah, I know, probably not. Let a guy dream.

More likely Mythic last stage will be against a Revan team with crazy boosted stats :D
  • Guess it’ll just be a wait and see then. Cheers for letting me know there’s been no feedback or announcements so far 👍
  • CurryBeans
    19 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    @CG_SBCrumb any info on if/when this is coming back?
    Post edited by CurryBeans on
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Bumping for curiosity on the answer.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Please people with info...this is not hard to answer...it's dead (why) it was forgot to put in (fine just say so)
    It's being reworked to remove sith like resistance was because OP...

Personally I think sith are being removed because a mythic tier will be added...but jeez 3 months...cmon guys

Question is who will they put in...prob a hard FO counter

Please guys give us something..j

Simple YES or no will we ever see it again...you don't have to give details...just a YES or NO
  • they had Military Might out for just as long back in June/July, and we haven't had Round Up for a bit as well
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Why is it impossible to get a simple answer on anything around here..... seriously
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Why is it impossible to get a simple answer on anything around here..... seriously

That's a question for the community manager.

@CG_SBCrumb
  • Dk_rek wrote: »
    Please people with info...this is not hard to answer...it's dead (why) it was forgot to put in (fine just say so)

Personally I think sith are being removed because a mythic tier will be added...but jeez 3 months...cmon guys

Simple YES or no will we ever see it again...you don't have to give details...just a YES or NO

They removed Resistance to put in Jedi. They stated they want one faction to be the opposition of the faction you are fighting and the other one to be a fun match up. Places of powere already fits that with Sith and Jedi being the opposing factions. They wouldn't be removing Sith based on thier prior statement. But this is CG so who knows lol
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Padas wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

They removed Resistance to put in Jedi. They stated they want one faction to be the opposition of the faction you are fighting and the other one to be a fun match up. Places of powere already fits that with Sith and Jedi being the opposing factions. They wouldn't be removing Sith based on thier prior statement. But this is CG so who knows lol
    The reasoning they gave for removing Resistance was that it was inconsistent with the lore (for a game played via holotables -- lore doesn't really matter!)

So they can remove Sith and First Order if they choose to and replace it with Separatists

• Ultra wrote: »
    Padas wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »

The reasoning they gave for removing Resistance was that it was inconsistent with the lore (for a game played via holotables -- lore doesn't really matter!)

So they can remove Sith and First Order if they choose to and replace it with Separatists
    Wasn’t Jedi always there? And when the community screamed “this doesn’t make sense” the devs said hey it’s a holotable! Anything can happen!

But JTR came out and was just an overkill for res in this event.

CG has multiple times stopped something, or pulled something out with out letting the players know. Baze, 7* requirements , etc.

It’s a good question to ask and one that is easily answered.
  • I don't really miss this event since the rewards are not very interesting.
    I hope they are adding a mythic tier with good stuff to win.
  • Hi folks,

I asked the designers if this event was pulled for some reason and their answer was, nope! It's coming back soon
  • Thank you
  • Wow after 4 threads and 2 months we get an answer!!!
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I asked the designers if this event was pulled for some reason and their answer was, nope! It's coming back soon

Seriously thanks for the reply much much much appreciated.