Time Outs In High-Level Arena Battles - WAI or Not?

Can we get an answer on this please. As teams are more and more powerful (g12+ gear, 6* mods, etc.), launch shard arena battles are resulting in timeouts (at least 20-25% of the time in my case). This is even when using high-end devices and high speed emulators.

I just want to know from the developers if "time out" teams are now going to be "working as intended" or is there going to be some attempt to resolve this issue as there has been in the past?

Thanks for any follow up.
In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

• Any time I mention this people just tell me I need to 'get gud' OR change strategy.

But the design of Revan teams with Jolee makes this a serious issue. I'm tired of timing out when I know if I had another 30 seconds or minute, I would have won
  • They came up with 2 solutions to timeout teams: Thrawn and Nihilus. I think they think it's fine since both are still arena viable.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    I'm not a dev, but it seem to be working as designed and could apparantly be used in your favour, but i doubt it's working as intented since they added to 4x speed to prevent it from happening a while back.
    I'm also a firm believer in the "git gud"/change strategy approach, but it's a difficult stance to take without sounding condescending.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    They came up with 2 solutions to timeout teams: Thrawn and Nihilus. I think they think it's fine since both are still arena viable.

I run both - at full g12+ with all 6* mods on each. And time out against other Traya teams and Revan teams regularly.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    They came up with 2 solutions to timeout teams: Thrawn and Nihilus. I think they think it's fine since both are still arena viable.

I agree, but asking the question is still legit. I am curious to know if it's intended as a legitimate strategy, or if something's "broken" (in the devs' eyes).
  • Boov wrote: »
    I'm not a dev, but it seem to be working as designed and could apparantly be used in your favour, but i doubt it's working as intented since they added to 4x speed to prevent it from happening a while back.
    I'm also a firm believer in the "git gud"/change strategy approach, but it's a difficult stance to take without sounding condescending.

The issue is, to avoid timout teams, you have to basically eschew the two primary meta-teams they have made viable (Traya-lead teams and Revan-lead teams) as both timeout fairly often given the healing, protection regen, etc.

• CCyrilS wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

I agree, but asking the question is still legit. I am curious to know if it's intended as a legitimate strategy, or if something's "broken" (in the devs' eyes).

Yep - I just want to know if it's going to be addressed or they are fine with it.

So I know if I should simply start slicing/farming defense mods to attempt to intentionally induce the same against me or not waste time/resources if they "fix" it.

• Also, to me, those nail-biters that come down to the last few seconds are the most excitement I get out of this game. I suppose I'd feel differently if I came out on the lose side more often than not. And yes, I do occasionally timeout and I get the frustration. I'm just not convinced anything is "wrong".
  • Boov
    604 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Boov wrote: »

The issue is, to avoid timout teams, you have to basically eschew the two primary meta-teams they have made viable (Traya-lead teams and Revan-lead teams) as both timeout fairly often given the healing, protection regen, etc.

Had to google eschuw, haha.
    Timing out vs either of those team isn't unavoidable imo, hence me being a firm believer in the git gud/change strategy approach.
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Also, to me, those nail-biters that come down to the last few seconds are the most excitement I get out of this game. I suppose I'd feel differently if I came out on the lose side more often than not. And yes, I do occasionally timeout and I get the frustration. I'm just not convinced anything is "wrong".

Well, timing out is seriously frustrating. So one could argue that it makes the game less enjoyable if it's deemed a viable and intended strategy.
  • Boov wrote: »

Timing out vs either of those team isn't unavoidable imo, hence me being a firm believer in the git gud/change strategy approach.
    I play on a launch arena shard. How old is your shard that you don't time out against either?

Incidentally, the issue will only get worse over time, as more characters in those teams get all 6 mods to 6*, all get full g12+ gear slots full, etc.

• Nikoms565 wrote: »

I play on a launch arena shard. How old is your shard that you don't time out against either?

Incidentally, the issue will only get worse over time, as more characters in those teams get all 6 mods to 6*, all get full g12+ gear slots full, etc.

Dec 2015 shard, I never time out.
  • Boov
    604 posts Member

early 2016 so basically the same as launch as far as mods/gear for arena is concerned, but it's not even close 9/10 matches vs either traya or revan. By that i mean atleast more than a minute to spare.
    I only mentioned it because at this moment i consider timing out a player error. In hindsight that doesn't even matter for the topic at hand, if it works, it works, making it a viable strategy eventhough it may not be intended that way.
    I do not believe it's working as intended and if the data analist at ea/cg can observe an increased amount of draws it should be grounds for action on their part. Hopefully he reads the forum and doesn't think it's just more player running the timer to block snipers :open_mouth: