Cheater & hacker update 11/18

Replies

  • Darth_DeVito
    657 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    ETA: Nevermind. I noticed a minor bug that might be related to this cleanup, but it's probably better to report it rather than complain about it here.
  • @CG_LucifersDaddy is it forbidden in the rules to give your account to an guildmate if you no longer want to play the game? If it is ok, what is the proper procedure to do this? (Asking for an friend)
  • So what does it mean when you report a suspected cheater or offensive name and the first screen says the player was previously reported by another player before going to the report page?
  • R2E2s wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy is it forbidden in the rules to give your account to an guildmate if you no longer want to play the game? If it is ok, what is the proper procedure to do this? (Asking for an friend)

    Even if the rules specifically state nothing about this, you should know that virtually ALL providers of online gaming strongly disapprove of practices such as *piloting* accounts or *selling* accounts to a third party. By subscribing to an online game you sign a contract between yourself and the provider with no right of a third party to assume the rights and responsibilities of the initial parties. It is pretty much the same as paying for a digital subscription for 1 PC and letting 20 people use it.
  • R2E2s wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy is it forbidden in the rules to give your account to an guildmate if you no longer want to play the game? If it is ok, what is the proper procedure to do this? (Asking for an friend)

    Ya know, the Terms of Service bit about “...blah, blah, blah, Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA... blah, blah.” That bit. http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

    direct quote from @CG_LucifersDaddy from this exact thread on page 1
  • R2E2s wrote: »
    CG_LucifersDaddy is it forbidden in the rules to give your account to an guildmate if you no longer want to play the game? If it is ok, what is the proper procedure to do this? (Asking for an friend)

    Yes, that is against the rules, makes you a cheater and gives the developers ground to suspend the acount in question indefinately.
    So does providing the wrong date of birth or not reviewing the ToS with a parent/guardian if you're under 18 for that matter.
    Generally speaking, playing this game and being part of a guild puts you at risk of being banned. The following rules quoted directly from the ToS are vague enough to make them applicable to ALOT of players. While i obviously doubt any action will be taken unless it's a very severe or otherwise deemed necessary depending on situation, it's within their right to do so nontheless.
    • Interfere with or disrupt another player's use of an EA Service. This includes disrupting the normal flow of game play, chat or dialogue within an EA Service by, for example, using vulgar or harassing language, being abusive, excessive shouting (all caps), spamming, flooding or hitting the return key repeatedly.
    • Harass, threaten, bully, embarrass, spam or do anything else to another player that is unwanted, such as repeatedly sending unwanted messages or making personal attacks or statements about race, sexual orientation, religion, heritage, etc. Hate speech is not tolerated.
    • Contribute UGC or organize or participate in any activity, group or guild that is inappropriate, abusive, harassing, profane, threatening, hateful, offensive, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, defamatory, infringing, invades another's privacy, or is otherwise reasonably objectionable.
    • Use exploits, cheats, undocumented features, design errors or problems in an EA Service.

    Please note that i'm not saying lying about your age, being in a guild where that one guildmate made some "questionable" comments on the guildchat, giving your account to a friend, playing with godmode hacks, using a bug/design error to your advantage that was considered an exploit in hindsight and/or buying 3rd part crystals are the same thing, they're very obviously not the same thing. However, the consequenses it has for the player/account can be the same. Emphasis on "can".
    I do obviously understand why they made the ToS the way they did and i'm not scared of getting banned or suspended. I do however recognize the fact that i'm at the mercy of the developers on how they interprete and apply the set of rules i agreed with when i started playing this game.
    In the end it's each player his/her own responsibility since we all agreed with the ToS when we started playing, so please don't view this comment as an excuse for cheating/breaking the ToS. Just some food for thought.
  • What nonsense. If I want to pass my account to my son to play, that's my right.
  • Donrob wrote: »
    I have no sympathy at all for anyone that purchased via 3rd party vendors, you basically are supporting professional criminal gangs. The money you gave those ‘3rd parties’ will be used for other criminal activities far worse than just credit card fraud.

    While those that have used 3rd parties may be ignorant to this fact, it doesn’t change your funding of criminality.

    It’s not 100% true but yes it does have a high likelihood.

    Similar to the bitcoin bubble, easily used for illegal activities but hey even the large financial institutions started offering it and inflating the bubble.

    In the end, it’s really difficult to expect an individual to care. It’s only when they suffer the consequences do they realise what they have done.
  • VoodooKing wrote: »
    What nonsense. If I want to pass my account to my son to play, that's my right.

    Strictly speaking, no. You can buy for him, just like you can buy him a Windows license. *Giving him* your license to use means 2 people are using the same license, which is a breach of software licensing rules the world over. Absolutely the same applies to ANY software, be it a game, a trading platform, antivirus or whatever, unless the developer EXPLICITLY permits you to copy and distribute the software WITHOUT requiring their consent (freeware / shareware).
  • Altazarus wrote: »
    VoodooKing wrote: »
    What nonsense. If I want to pass my account to my son to play, that's my right.

    Strictly speaking, no. You can buy for him, just like you can buy him a Windows license. *Giving him* your license to use means 2 people are using the same license, which is a breach of software licensing rules the world over. Absolutely the same applies to ANY software, be it a game, a trading platform, antivirus or whatever, unless the developer EXPLICITLY permits you to copy and distribute the software WITHOUT requiring their consent (freeware / shareware).

    So if you get EA/CG permission to give your account to someone else it is ok? If so, how would you get their permission?
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy is it forbidden in the rules to give your account to an guildmate if you no longer want to play the game? If it is ok, what is the proper procedure to do this? (Asking for an friend)

    Ya know, the Terms of Service bit about “...blah, blah, blah, Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA... blah, blah.” That bit. http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

    direct quote from @CG_LucifersDaddy from this exact thread on page 1

    I know it seems pretty logically and straight forward but it the the last sentence saying pretty much if you get permission from EA/CG it can happen. That’s why I’m asking what is the procedure to get permission.
  • Great Job EA!! There was definitely Arena Bullying. The Top 10 or 20 from different Time Zones all working together to keep near the top spot when your Time Zone Rewards Come Up. And those 10 or 20 players all bullying any new competitive player from entering "Their Zone", so they always keep their 10 - 20 spots. We even had someone join our guild just to talk to a member to ask them if they wanted to be a part of this, cause their team was so good and disrupting there bullying. Then they left our guild and rejoined there's. Absolutely Ridiculous! News Flash.....It's just a game!!
  • No_Try
    3007 posts Member
    R2E2s wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy is it forbidden in the rules to give your account to an guildmate if you no longer want to play the game? If it is ok, what is the proper procedure to do this? (Asking for an friend)

    Ya know, the Terms of Service bit about “...blah, blah, blah, Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA... blah, blah.” That bit. http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

    direct quote from @CG_LucifersDaddy from this exact thread on page 1

    I know it seems pretty logically and straight forward but it the the last sentence saying pretty much if you get permission from EA/CG it can happen. That’s why I’m asking what is the procedure to get permission.

    Don't think that's possible. It's just written in jest to make it future-proof.
  • Yesterday I received a 3 day suspension for an unspecified breach of the fair play rules. EA help didn't exactly up to their name in that they couldn't tell me what for. I've never done anything I can think of to remotely warrant it. Anyway, the last 24 hours have been quite pleasant not thinking about game deadlines and it's the first day in 13 months I've not logged in. When my suspension is up, I'll be logging in to say goodbye to my casual guild mates and deleting forever. I'll just eat the cash I bothered putting in at the beginning.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy is it forbidden in the rules to give your account to an guildmate if you no longer want to play the game? If it is ok, what is the proper procedure to do this? (Asking for an friend)

    Ya know, the Terms of Service bit about “...blah, blah, blah, Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA... blah, blah.” That bit. http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

    direct quote from @CG_LucifersDaddy from this exact thread on page 1

    I know it seems pretty logically and straight forward but it the the last sentence saying pretty much if you get permission from EA/CG it can happen. That’s why I’m asking what is the procedure to get permission.

    Don't think that's possible. It's just written in jest to make it future-proof.

    Have the devs/moderators said that it’s not possible themselves and that’s it’s just written for jest to make future-proof? or is that your interpretation of it? Just want to clarify so I can give accurate details to my friend on this situation.
  • R2E2s wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy is it forbidden in the rules to give your account to an guildmate if you no longer want to play the game? If it is ok, what is the proper procedure to do this? (Asking for an friend)

    Ya know, the Terms of Service bit about “...blah, blah, blah, Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA... blah, blah.” That bit. http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

    direct quote from @CG_LucifersDaddy from this exact thread on page 1

    I know it seems pretty logically and straight forward but it the the last sentence saying pretty much if you get permission from EA/CG it can happen. That’s why I’m asking what is the procedure to get permission.

    You can do it. As long as you don't SELL, BUY, or TRADE it's extremely unlikely EA/CG will care. Yes, the word "transfer" is also referenced here, but if there's no transaction of goods for the account (i.e. the guy wanting to give his account to his son) it's extremely doubtful that EA would care.
  • Dryff wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy is it forbidden in the rules to give your account to an guildmate if you no longer want to play the game? If it is ok, what is the proper procedure to do this? (Asking for an friend)

    Ya know, the Terms of Service bit about “...blah, blah, blah, Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA... blah, blah.” That bit. http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

    direct quote from @CG_LucifersDaddy from this exact thread on page 1

    I know it seems pretty logically and straight forward but it the the last sentence saying pretty much if you get permission from EA/CG it can happen. That’s why I’m asking what is the procedure to get permission.

    You can do it. As long as you don't SELL, BUY, or TRADE it's extremely unlikely EA/CG will care. Yes, the word "transfer" is also referenced here, but if there's no transaction of goods for the account (i.e. the guy wanting to give his account to his son) it's extremely doubtful that EA would care.

    Yeah. Look, the thing is, people are pretty reasonable and all offices are understaffed. If you're not hurting anyone they're almost certainly going to ignore you and go after the people who are doing bad things.

    Long story short, just relax.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Saladius wrote: »
    @Saladius there’s a huge difference between paying marginally less because of something outwith your control (exchange rates, global economy) and paying markedly less because someone is offering a deal that violates TOS.

    It’s laughable reading the comments of a handful of users who are equating buying crystals from 3rd party vendors to being involved in an organised payout discussion group. It is absolutely simple: one of those activities is in breach of TOS, the other isn’t. Therefore one is cheating and the other isn’t.

    What is the limit of marginally less ?
    Euro is already stronger than US dollar and has always been. This is clearly an unfair pricing set up by EA. Nothing more. And now they blame people who seeks better prices ? lol

    If speed limit is 40 miles per hour and you get caugh at 42, are you a cheater or not?

    Anyway no one replied on the part where EA/cg never warned about organised crime behind these discounts.
    Funny, especially after a biiiig marquee year.

    Please take some time to look into this. The pricing by EA is set and then the app store used is changing the prices based on the international standards for exchange rates based on regions.

    Yeah, but you guys must know that every country have a different standard.

    For example in my country (which is in the European union) the Vault of Crystals pack is worth 220 BGN = 113 Euro and the average salary per month for my country is 876 BGN = 447 Euro (after taxes).

    In USA in 2017 average salary was $3714 per month and the Vault of Crystals pack is worth 99.99$.
    In Germany in 2017 average salary was 3771 Euro per month.
    In England in 2017 average salary was 1480 Euro per month.
    In Russia average salary is 562 Euro per month.
    In Spain average salary is 1952 Euro per month.
    In France average salary is 4075 Euro per month.
    etc. etc. you guys can see the point.
  • Ok, I suppport banning cheaters and hackers 100%. LD stated these were permanent bans. I usually take number 1 for my fleet payout, and know the other names in my shard very well. At the time this thread came up two guys stopped moving up. One guy's fleet was really strong and he sat at number 2 for four days. He is now moving up again after four days of inactivity. Same as the other guy.

    I realize there are real life possibilities to these spans of inactivity, but I can say with certainty that these two have always been active without taking a day off.

    I really do want to know if these bans are indeed permanent.
  • @miketo nope not permanent as been explained above....
    Yesterday I received a 3 day suspension for an unspecified breach of the fair play rules. EA help didn't exactly up to their name in that they couldn't tell me what for. I've never done anything I can think of to remotely warrant it. Anyway, the last 24 hours have been quite pleasant not thinking about game deadlines and it's the first day in 13 months I've not logged in. When my suspension is up, I'll be logging in to say goodbye to my casual guild mates and deleting forever. I'll just eat the cash I bothered putting in at the beginning.

  • It was Ryan And Kennedy rewarding those who liked Last Jedi and Solo.....lol
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    @miketo nope not permanent as been explained above....
    Yesterday I received a 3 day suspension for an unspecified breach of the fair play rules. EA help didn't exactly up to their name in that they couldn't tell me what for. I've never done anything I can think of to remotely warrant it. Anyway, the last 24 hours have been quite pleasant not thinking about game deadlines and it's the first day in 13 months I've not logged in. When my suspension is up, I'll be logging in to say goodbye to my casual guild mates and deleting forever. I'll just eat the cash I bothered putting in at the beginning.
    @LynnYoda
    it seems that guy got banned for something unrelated to the mass ban though, or atleast doesn't fall in the same catagory.
    Keithkia wrote: »
    Are these bans permanent?

    For the most part yes.

    In the past we've tried to rehabilitate these types of abuses with intricate and severe account adjustments... but with so many this go round we're just going to a perma-ban.

    We may entertain reevaluations in a few months, but I can not emphasize enough how low of a priority it is to set aside time to accommodate cheaters. They cheated, they're gone.

    LD


  • Yesterday I received a 3 day suspension for an unspecified breach of the fair play rules. EA help didn't exactly up to their name in that they couldn't tell me what for. I've never done anything I can think of to remotely warrant it. Anyway, the last 24 hours have been quite pleasant not thinking about game deadlines and it's the first day in 13 months I've not logged in. When my suspension is up, I'll be logging in to say goodbye to my casual guild mates and deleting forever. I'll just eat the cash I bothered putting in at the beginning.

    We wondered what happened to you @EwokViolence. It was probably your in game in as it's now been changed to something else.
  • JDIII
    1010 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    I see they are up to their (hackers) games again! I woke up and was in 200th spot in arena
  • JDIII
    1010 posts Member
    Average salary $4,000 a month? Where do you live in US, I want to move there! uoq9hkhn8kgo.png
  • No_Try
    3007 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    R2E2s wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy is it forbidden in the rules to give your account to an guildmate if you no longer want to play the game? If it is ok, what is the proper procedure to do this? (Asking for an friend)

    Ya know, the Terms of Service bit about “...blah, blah, blah, Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA... blah, blah.” That bit. http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

    direct quote from @CG_LucifersDaddy from this exact thread on page 1

    I know it seems pretty logically and straight forward but it the the last sentence saying pretty much if you get permission from EA/CG it can happen. That’s why I’m asking what is the procedure to get permission.

    Don't think that's possible. It's just written in jest to make it future-proof.

    Have the devs/moderators said that it’s not possible themselves and that’s it’s just written for jest to make future-proof? or is that your interpretation of it? Just want to clarify so I can give accurate details to my friend on this situation.

    It's my interpretation. I don't think you'll get a response around the subject unless there's immense demand for it on the forums. Even if you get a response I bet it'll be this: "We don't currently allow account transactions, subject to change if we see a need for it" and that will never happen xD. That's my interpretation too.
  • No_Try wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    R2E2s wrote: »
    @CG_LucifersDaddy is it forbidden in the rules to give your account to an guildmate if you no longer want to play the game? If it is ok, what is the proper procedure to do this? (Asking for an friend)

    Ya know, the Terms of Service bit about “...blah, blah, blah, Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer or offer to transfer your EA Account, any personal access to EA Services, or any EA Content associated with your EA Account, including EA Virtual Currency and other Entitlements, either within an EA Service or on a third party website, or in connection with any out-of-game transaction, unless expressly authorized by EA... blah, blah.” That bit. http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/

    direct quote from @CG_LucifersDaddy from this exact thread on page 1

    I know it seems pretty logically and straight forward but it the the last sentence saying pretty much if you get permission from EA/CG it can happen. That’s why I’m asking what is the procedure to get permission.

    Don't think that's possible. It's just written in jest to make it future-proof.

    Have the devs/moderators said that it’s not possible themselves and that’s it’s just written for jest to make future-proof? or is that your interpretation of it? Just want to clarify so I can give accurate details to my friend on this situation.

    It's my interpretation. I don't think you'll get a response around the subject unless there's immense demand for it on the forums. Even if you get a response I bet it'll be this: "We don't currently allow account transactions, subject to change if we see a need for it" and that will never happen xD. That's my interpretation too.

    Thank you. I hope it didn’t sound like I was coming off in any wrong way. I appreciate all those who responded to my post. You’re right I don’t think they will directly respond. I do know they and moderators review what is being posted so if they haven’t corrected anything then what you and others are saying is pretty accurate information.
  • ENERGYSS wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Saladius wrote: »
    @Saladius there’s a huge difference between paying marginally less because of something outwith your control (exchange rates, global economy) and paying markedly less because someone is offering a deal that violates TOS.

    It’s laughable reading the comments of a handful of users who are equating buying crystals from 3rd party vendors to being involved in an organised payout discussion group. It is absolutely simple: one of those activities is in breach of TOS, the other isn’t. Therefore one is cheating and the other isn’t.

    What is the limit of marginally less ?
    Euro is already stronger than US dollar and has always been. This is clearly an unfair pricing set up by EA. Nothing more. And now they blame people who seeks better prices ? lol

    If speed limit is 40 miles per hour and you get caugh at 42, are you a cheater or not?

    Anyway no one replied on the part where EA/cg never warned about organised crime behind these discounts.
    Funny, especially after a biiiig marquee year.

    Please take some time to look into this. The pricing by EA is set and then the app store used is changing the prices based on the international standards for exchange rates based on regions.

    Yeah, but you guys must know that every country have a different standard.

    For example in my country (which is in the European union) the Vault of Crystals pack is worth 220 BGN = 113 Euro and the average salary per month for my country is 876 BGN = 447 Euro (after taxes).

    In USA in 2017 average salary was $3714 per month and the Vault of Crystals pack is worth 99.99$.
    In Germany in 2017 average salary was 3771 Euro per month.
    In England in 2017 average salary was 1480 Euro per month.
    In Russia average salary is 562 Euro per month.
    In Spain average salary is 1952 Euro per month.
    In France average salary is 4075 Euro per month.
    etc. etc. you guys can see the point.

    Average salary doesnt mean **** as it includes the 5% who gain such tremendous amount of money that any kind of "average" number will be falsified
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Jokes aside, glad to see more action is being taken (at least verbal affirmation). It would be great if we can get visual confirmation in-game with things like in-game logs of attack teams used and the time of battle for opposing team to defeat your team for Grand Arena. That seems to be something that can be implemented (according to my assumption). Making it easier for players to identify hackers.

    Is this an out-of-season April Fool's joke?
  • NicWester wrote: »
    That is to say that if you're in France and are paying a higher price, it's not EA or CG's fault. You're paying a Value Added Tax and a conversion fee. There's nothing can be done about the fee, but you should be happy for the VAT--how do you expect to pay for all the services your government provides? (NOTE: Americans reading this will probably think that's meant as a joke, but it's not. I'll HAPPILY go into it if you want, but I'm not getting banned again by going on a tangent....)

    Sorry for getting off topic, but the official rationale behind the e-commerce VAT / import tax is that it supposedly allows EU-based online service providers to compete with services outside the EU. In reality, this cash grab has done nothing to stimulate our local economies. On the contrary. EU denizens continue to spend their money on non-EU MMOs, movie streaming services etc. for the lack of domestic alternatives, and have now less money to spend at home.

    Besides, some US-based companies have simply opened a second headquarters in EU tax havens like Ireland, Luxembourg or the Netherlands. Or even moved their main headquarters there in order to avoid paying taxes in the US. Which is great for those tax havens. Maybe they've even created a handful of administrative jobs over here in the process. But the biggest winners are IT molochs whose names begin with A. In fact, this move has benefitted their tax evasion schemes to such a degree that one can't help but wonder if they own as many sockpuppets in Brussels as they do in the US Congress.
Sign In or Register to comment.